• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Cloning in Emerald Thread

Do you think people should preform the cloning glitch?

• Yes

Votes: 1,387 76.0%
  • No

Votes: 439 24.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak
Here is the cloning glitch. (thanks to "POKETAZ" for the duplication glitch find and "The Edge" for a simpler translation)(update by SecretSquirrel)

CLONING GLITCH/MULTI CLONING GLITCH/ITEM CLONING GLITCH. (thanks to The Edge for complete instructions)
1.) Go to the PC in the battle tower. Must be on Emerald Version only.
2.) Deposit the pokemon(s) you want to clone in any slot of Lanete's PC. Or, if you want to clone items, give the item(s) you want to clone to any pokemon in the PC.
3.) Exit the computer and save your game.
4.) Withdraw the pokemon(s) or item(s) from the PC that you stored in step two.
5.) Talk to the lady behind the counter closest to the PC.
6.) She will ask if you want to make a challenge. Select yes and choose any two eligible pokemon from your party.
7.) She will tell you that you must save the game before making a challenge and ask you if that is OK. Select yes.
8.) The game will freeze for 2-3 seconds.
9.) After, but not during, the freeze, turn off the game. It is not necessary to save again.
10.) When your game is turned back on, the cloned pokemon(s) or item(s) will be both in your party and in the PC.
!WARNING! : If you deposit a pokemon between saving and talking to the link battle receptionist, it will disappear forever. The first time you try it, use a pokemon you don't care about, so you can make sure you have it right. You don't want to lose one of your precious high-leveled/legendary/one-of pokemon! Do not clone 6 Pokemon at a time" and "Don't turn off during the freeze" Both cause you to lose Pokemon and/or MS's have been confirmed in our group!"
"

Please don't discuss trades or if you think cloning is good or bad here please. thanks!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
FOOTAGE OF GLITCH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMQOTEGrdPU
(movie made by GetThunderStruck) (you don't have to use an empty box or the first slot of box though)

OK here is the new thread.
enjoy! :)

EDIT BY Dratini927: Everything cloning related should be discussed in here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spriteman

Sometimes a bit rude
I'm gonna do my deoxys, to bring joy to little faces, though, probably everyone who wants one will be older than me, but meh.

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak
The Edge said:
Yes yes EVERYBODY CLICK HERE!
Fill up the forum!

PS shining charizard master, edit your post and give me credit for the instructions. my 15minutes of fame!
You can also fix my typos if you want. ;)

EDIT: oops, you already gave me credit. :D

Don't worry I'm not one to steal fame. ;)

Spriteman

Sometimes a bit rude
Okay, it'll be level 30, cause I don't train it... I'll need a minute to get the pic though, I'm doing the battle factory at the moment.

I've stopped cloning because I don't have any pokemon to clone right, but I will have one soon:D

Hoshi no Kabii

A question. Does this count as 'hacking'? If you try to use one of these clones at a toury, will you be disqualified?

When cloning, natures and IVs stay the same, correct?

Diamond Typlohsion

Fire Pokemon Master
its not hacking if its in the game without use of any devices out side of the system and the game its self... i think

Status
Not open for further replies.