• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Cloning in Emerald Thread

Do you think people should preform the cloning glitch?

• Yes

Votes: 1,387 76.0%
  • No

Votes: 439 24.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MetagrossMasta

Say what now
I just clone for Items caues that is all that I really need and besides it keeps me from spending a crap ton of money lol

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I like using this glitch myself, not that often though. But it is useful.

Turtwig.owns

I love this glitch so much, I mainly use it to clone items and Pokemon I want to transfer to D/P. That away I can have infinite Max PPs and Master balls. I don't use the masterballs however, I transfer them to my Diamond version so I can give one away with each Pokemon I trade over GTS. It makes many people happy!! :D

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i clone often latias's to ask for events on the gts.

you know it's like nintendo does it on purpose, how many
glitches did they "accedently" had in the game that were actually very benificial for the gamers?
it's a bit too much if you ask me.

Super Shedinja

Can't Touch This!
I've cloned a ton of pokemon to transfer to Diamond.

All I've cloned and transferred:
Metagross, Tyranitar, Salamence, Dragonite, Shedinja, Blissey, Latios, Heracross, Aerodactyl, Marowack, Machamp, Nidoking, Dugtrio, Registeel, Skarmory, Steelix, Starmie, Lapras, Regice, Togetic (Evolved into Togekiss), Shuckle, and Cradily.

I know, too much time on my hands.

Oh, yeah, you can clone six pokemon at a time, that is also how I got so many cloned (Cost me my Metagross:( )

Dark FireBird

Ah ha!! ♪
i've only cloned some legends and pokemon with good natures so far, to pal park to d/p. it's good to have a clone so you don't lose the pokemon completely from your emerald game. at some point i'm gonna clone the only 2 shinies i ever found from this gen so i can use them in d/p too!

Umbreon_13

honestly i have done it myself that is why i don't care

Emeraldia

*evil grin*
^It has no effect on the game system whatsoever, IIRC.
I use it to give shinies to my friends, and to clone useful items, like TMs. You can never have too many Earthquakes...:)

Gex

Computer Geek
When Emerald first came out, the cloning glitch wasn't very useful for most of us. Mainly because the large majority of us do not have friends to trade with at school, work, neighborhood, etc. It was only really useful for cloning rare items.

But now, with the introduction of Wifi trading, and the fourth generation games, this glitch is very important and useful. Now we can clone our best Emerald Pokemon to transfer, without having to loose them in our game forever! This way, we can still have a suitable team on our Emerald version while still supplying our Fourth generation games with new Pokemon to trade or train.

Champion Jared 14

Yeah but, I did it twice in a row, and last time, I forgot to withdraw the pokemon I wanted to clone, and I lost those pokemon, so obviously I did SOMETHING wrong...

Ammako

Logically, if you don't withdraw your Pokémon to clone from the PC, it won't get erased, cause if it did that, all the Pokémon in your PC would get erased each time you would clone >_>

Champion Jared 14

here's how I've been doing it, I deposit the pokes I wanna clone, but save BEFORE doing that. After they are deposited, I save again. Then, I withdraw them, and save again, then talk to the lady, turn off the game, and then I have no clones...

You don't have to save before depositing the Pokémon to box. This is the problem: You save after withdrawing your Pokémon back to your team. That's why it doesn't work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.