• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Cloning in Emerald Thread

Do you think people should preform the cloning glitch?

• Yes

Votes: 1,387 76.0%
  • No

Votes: 439 24.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak
The one big use I find in this is completing your pokedex since for people like me and The Edge it is imposible because of pokes like mew and deoxys and not all people will trust you on wii conection since you could say "I'll trade it right back" and you run off with it.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
i'll be duplicating my super-IVed pokemon in my extra emerald, and trading them to people for either money (in real life) or shinies or something.

Spriteman said:
That coming from a mewtwo lover...
I POSTED THIS IN GLITCH TOPIC

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU said:
clones are a cheap copy of the real one (excluding mewtwo ^.^)and are wrong!

XDCOMPLETE

Egg-Cracker
well this code has saved me hours of training (1 thing i loath) so i can compete in the battle frontier with lvl 50s. i will never forget this

Wyndigo

Orange Champion
I really don't see how DP will be screwed. Ya know, considering this doesn't work on new pokemon. Everyone might have a Celebi, but not everyone is going to have a shiney Rucario. (Or whatever the foosh he's called now.) Also,you can't trade pokemon over until you beat the game, so really it just affects online battlers. For them, it's probably a good thing.

Also, if you plan on selling shinies or rares. You are an ***. It's against the law to make money on someone else's intellectual property.

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak
Man I've been reading every other post in R/S/E disscution who doesn't know about this glitch now. :D
besides if there are any ill effects wouldn't at least one of us had something go wrong.
(except shiny smeargle and they won't be shiny for me any more :() and why do we stay in front of the lady? we don't even save there. are last save was in front of the PC

Mega Trickster

Blargagh blargh
Wyndigo said:
I really don't see how DP will be screwed. Ya know, considering this doesn't work on new pokemon. Everyone might have a Celebi, but not everyone is going to have a shiney Rucario. (Or whatever the foosh he's called now.) Also,you can't trade pokemon over until you beat the game, so really it just affects online battlers. For them, it's probably a good thing.

Also, if you plan on selling shinies or rares. You are an ***. It's against the law to make money on someone else's intellectual property.

Exactly the reason why I'm a generous person and giving away Celebis/shinies.

All legit ones too.

The Edge

大明
Conflagration said:
POKETAZ probably discovered it himself.

No, I went and checked, he said he found it on the internet. Otherwise he might have been able to translate it better himself, since he wrote it.

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak
does anyone know how long Mods sometimes take to change something like this?
BTW I think people are still posting in the old one

RoboRaph

If they do put a check for identical Pokémon in D/P, that could probably be bypassed by adjusting the EVs (unless they check the IVs rather than stats). Renaming them with the Original Trainer might help as well.. it would be kinda obvious if there were loads of Pokémon with the same nickname.

And with the ability to duplicate Rare Candies, I don't think I'll waste time level training anymore, just breeding and EV training for me..

Wyndigo

Orange Champion
Mega Trickster said:
Exactly the reason why I'm a generous person and giving away Celebis/shinies.

All legit ones too.

And there's nothing wrong with that. Just pointing out our laws to the less-informed. :p

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak
This glitch is like candy. you want a lot of it but too much is bad!
my point is, is if you read this glitch don't go multiplying until you have 50 shinies. keep it in moderation. I'm not saying anyone is but something like this will mess up on coming games

how do people realize these things

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak
just wondering should I had a poll to this thread? like do you think people should preform this glitch or not. I know how to add one without deleting the thread.
what I did for the shiny smeargle was after the glitch I moved all the clones into box 6 then I went to artistans cave and encountered 3 shiny smeargle then none of the others have been shiny. so it may have been a couincidence(sp.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.