• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

cptmyname

in diamond...
i got cubone swarms FINALY(i'm considering using marowak for competitive) and decided to chain them, and got a freaking shiny cubone in the nature i wanted, with perfect attack IVs and near perfect hp,def, and speed IVs! on the on the 6th cubone too!
its only drawback is it has god-dang lightning rod... its soo useless!
then i had my weavile thief a thick club from another cubone

and now i'm continuin my hunt for a ditto of every nature

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Workin' my way through Pearl to get alternate gender forms. At the moment, all I need is:

Politoed (f): Find a King's Rock and trade.
Rhyperior (f): Trade.
Meganium (f): Breed and train a Chikorita.
Ledyba (f): Breed a Ledian.
Ambipom (f): Get Aipom from a Honey Tree and evolve it.
Piloswine (f): Wait for a swarm of Swinub, or breed it, then train it.
Mamoswine (f): (same as Piloswine)
Donphan (f): Level up my female Phanpy
Torchic (f): Breed.
Combusken (f): Breed and level up a Torchic.
Blaziken (f): Breed and level up a Torchic.
Gulpin (f): Wait for it to show up in the Great Marsh, or breed it.
Swalot (f): Wait for Gulpin to show up in the Great Marsh, or breed it, and level it up.
Relicanth (f): Breed. (1/8 chance of finding a female in the wild with a 5% appearance rate? Not worth the time of capturing.)
Gabite (f): Level up my female Gible.
Garchomp (f): Level up my other female Gible.
Doduo (m): Wait for them to swarm, or breed.
Dodrio (m): Wait for Doduo to swarm, or breed one, then level it up.
Hypno (m): Wait for Drowzee to swarm, or breed one, then level it up.
Tangrowth (m): Get from Platinum, or breed, then level it up.
Xatu (m): Wait for it to swarm, or breed, then level it up.
Aipom (m): Get from a Honey Tree.
Gligar (m): Breed. (They really really really don't like to show up in the wild at all.)
Heracross (m): Get from a Honey Tree.
Milotic (m): Breed. (For obvious reasons.)

It's annoying that almost all of the males I need are either swarms, found on Honey Trees, or are only in Platinum... But oh well. Such is the life of a collector such as myself...

Ammako

Workin' my way through Pearl to get alternate gender forms. At the moment, all I need is:

Politoed (f): Find a King's Rock and trade.
Rhyperior (f): Trade.
Meganium (f): Breed and train a Chikorita.
Ledyba (f): Breed a Ledian.
Ambipom (f): Get Aipom from a Honey Tree and evolve it.
Piloswine (f): Wait for a swarm of Swinub, or breed it, then train it.
Mamoswine (f): (same as Piloswine)
Donphan (f): Level up my female Phanpy
Torchic (f): Breed.
Combusken (f): Breed and level up a Torchic.
Blaziken (f): Breed and level up a Torchic.
Gulpin (f): Wait for it to show up in the Great Marsh, or breed it.
Swalot (f): Wait for Gulpin to show up in the Great Marsh, or breed it, and level it up.
Relicanth (f): Breed. (1/8 chance of finding a female in the wild with a 5% appearance rate? Not worth the time of capturing.)
Gabite (f): Level up my female Gible.
Garchomp (f): Level up my other female Gible.
Doduo (m): Wait for them to swarm, or breed.
Dodrio (m): Wait for Doduo to swarm, or breed one, then level it up.
Hypno (m): Wait for Drowzee to swarm, or breed one, then level it up.
Tangrowth (m): Get from Platinum, or breed, then level it up.
Xatu (m): Wait for it to swarm, or breed, then level it up.
Aipom (m): Get from a Honey Tree.
Gligar (m): Breed. (They really really really don't like to show up in the wild at all.)
Heracross (m): Get from a Honey Tree.
Milotic (m): Breed. (For obvious reasons.)

It's annoying that almost all of the males I need are either swarms, found on Honey Trees, or are only in Platinum... But oh well. Such is the life of a collector such as myself...

I have to ask:
Why do you need one of each gender of every Pokémon?

zlxq3000

Master Collector
I have to ask:
Why do you need one of each gender of every Pokémon?

Not of EVERY pokemon; that'd be insane. I'm just getting the ones that have gender differences, just so that I have absolutely everything. I mean, I've already got a whole legit Living Pokedex in Diamond; I've gotta have something to keep me busy in Pearl, or there's no point in playing it (cuz grinding's just no fun). Platinum's got the Battle Frontier, so that'll keep me busy after I've beaten it until HGSS comes out (and even before then, I want to go back to Sapphire so that I can build up a team there to take on the Hoenn Battle Frontier since I've never beaten it and and want to... plus it'll help me complete my Berry collection).

I just like collecting all the different stuff throughout the games, that's all.

(If you think my alternate-gender collecting is nuts, you should see the list of shinies I want. :p)

Ammako

Not of EVERY pokemon; that'd be insane. I'm just getting the ones that have gender differences, just so that I have absolutely everything. I mean, I've already got a whole legit Living Pokedex in Diamond; I've gotta have something to keep me busy in Pearl, or there's no point in playing it (cuz grinding's just no fun). Platinum's got the Battle Frontier, so that'll keep me busy after I've beaten it until HGSS comes out (and even before then, I want to go back to Sapphire so that I can build up a team there to take on the Hoenn Battle Frontier since I've never beaten it and and want to... plus it'll help me complete my Berry collection).

I just like collecting all the different stuff throughout the games, that's all.

(If you think my alternate-gender collecting is nuts, you should see the list of shinies I want. :p)

Well on your signature there's only Mudkip and Rayquaza stated as targets, so...

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Zix's advice: Never, ever, EVER look for a King's Rock in Diamond or Pearl. It's almost impossible. It took me probably a good hour or so to find ONE Poliwhirl holding one...

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
My cracked screen has a novel side effect of making me unable to see the second health bar in double battles.

Regardless, I have had significant training along the various routes around Veilstone and Pastoria. Still stuck on two badges.

EDIT: When Ponyta takes out most of the Pastoria gym, and then Rampardos defeats Wake's Gyarados and Floatzel, something must be wrong. Or right.

Team:

;395; Pipsqueak lvl.43
Aqua Jet
Flash Cannon
Surf
Shadow Claw

;405; Sheix lvl.43
Thunderbolt
Thunder Fang
Charge
Crunch

;409; Skultor lvl.43
Avalanche
Ancientpower
Brick Break
Zen Headbutt

;430; Goon lvl.43
Mean Look
Roost
Faint Attack
Fly

;358; Harmony lvl.42
Safeguard
Hidden Power (Bug)
Heal Bell
Confusion

;078; Trotters lvl.42
Flamethrower
Poison Jab
Megahorn
Stomp

Badges: 7

Last edited:

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Pearl: Currently growing Wiki Berries to make Dry Poffins to evolve my male Feebas... Probably gonna start breeding stuff tomorrow...

Sweeney Todd

...with passion. ♥
I decided to pick up my Diamond version, which I've restarted and neglected for about a month now. I beat Byron and made my way to Snowpoint City to battle Candice. I defeated her with the following team:

Infernape **Carson (Level 40)
Nature: Hasty
Close Combat
Mach Punch
Ember
Flame Wheel

Staraptor **Verne (Level 38)
Nature: Adamant
Aerial Ace
Fly
Quick Attack
Close Combat

Gyarados **Gina (Level 38)
Nature: Impish
Earthquake
Thunder
Surf
Ice Fang

Roselia **Sophie (Level 38)
Nature: Gentle
Absorb
Toxic
Mega Drain
Stun Spore

Luxray **Lawrence (Level 39)
Nature: Adamant
Tackle
Spark
Charge
Crunch

My team isn't anything out of the ordinary or exceptional, but they got through game so far, so I'm satisfied.

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
Completed my Pokedex in Pearl. =]

Now I am trying to get an Arceus, hacked or not.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
@Ohshi: Just give it a couple of months or so; they'll give out a legit Arceus at TRU, most likely.

Finally got around to breeding everything I needed to in Pearl. The only things left for me to wait for are Honey Tree pokemon and Swarming pokemon; the rest I just need to level up, or wait for Wiki Berries to grow (Feebas needs his Dry Poffins, after all).

Paddypower

Well I haven't done much today but yesterday I was playing around in the trophy garden. It was Eevee today so I tried to get some more so I could have all the evolutions. It was really boring and I only managed to get 4, so that was a bit annoying. I tried a bit of chaining there as well, but I'm no good at it and my chains kept breaking. Eventually I decided to stop and what was the first pokemon I saw after stopping using the pokeradar? A shiny Staravia of course. Irony is always accepted gratefully.

So then I started trying to make one of the Eevee happy to evolve it into Umbreon, didn't work, still at no hearts on friendship checker app. I'll evolve it tonight for sure.

And this morning I just went through those routes on the big north eastern island that lead to Stark Mountain. I'll go in there sooner or later.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Started breeding for a Modest Horsea with x/x/x/31/x/31. So far I have Modest Horsea's with a Speed IV with 31, because of the father Garchomp with x/31/x/x/x/31.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Leveled up a TON of stuff today; the only two pokemon I still have left to evolve are a female Torchic to Blaziken and a male Feebas to a Milotic. Afterwards, I just have to wait for swarms and Honey Tree pokemon (which I may get tonight), and then I'll be all set with everything. I also managed to catch two Burmys, which is helpful since that'll eventually get me all three forms of Wormadam...

Lucariofan-atic

avant ǝpɹɐƃ painter☆
Leveling a LOT of starters that i got from my friend, such as Chikorita (now its Meganium), Cyndaquil (now it's Typhlosion), Treecko (now it's Sceptile), and Mudkip (now it's Swampert).

And catch a Meowth in Trophy Garden yesterday, today i get an Eevee! XD

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Yay, I caught two Aipom and evolved my female Torchic into a Blaziken! Now all I need are Heracross, Milotic, and three different swarm pokemon, and I'm done with everything (except Tangela, that *******... Oh, and Gulpin...). Then, once I'm done, it's back to Hoenn to work on that sig of mine...

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
Been doing a solo run on Pearl with Heracross. Just reached Iron Island, and doing the quest. Haven't challenged Byron yet, felt like training a bit more before i did so. Heracross is level 52.

masterleo

Order Up!
I'm training a breloom for legendary catching.

hIrAm

just cruisin' through Eterna Forest at night right now... not really sure where this file is going... I think it was a dumb idea to catch a Pachirisu but whatever... hopefully it'll turn out alright once I get a special attack on it. other than that, training up a Misdreavus right now. need to get it to level 23 so it at least has a decent attack (that being Psybeam), because PsyWAVE and Astonish just don't cut it for me. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.