• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

salmonman78

Friend got my some good eggs last night(Charmander, Bulbasaur, Treecko, Gligar, Mudkip and Caterpie). Spent a good while breeding the caterpie(really wanting a shiny of my favorite poke) and got about 20 eggs.

Whole Variety of natures but no shiny ones, next try in a couple days.

Oh, and decided to check out the GTS, and I guess whoever had had this cartridge before I got it set up a trade and nevere did it, as soon as I logged in had a nice lv 100 legit(checked all the info) Dragonite land. Its been a good day

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Platinum: Downloaded Oak's Letter and got to Flower Paradise today. Currently resetting for a Timid/Modest Shaymin with great IV's.

Found a Timid one with 27 HP IV's, but 3 Sp.A IV was a dealbreaker.

Latest Shaymin is Modest with 29 Speed IV's. 16 HP and 19 Sp.A are okay, but I think I could do better.

Edit;; Managed to get a Timid one.

HP: 31
Atk: 17-23 (like it matters)
Def: 9
Sp.A: 16
Sp.D: 30
Sp: 29

Trait: Often dozes off (31 HP)

I caught it in a Heal Ball, which will come in handy if I ever get ahold of a Glacidea flower. Can these Oak's Letter event Shaymin even transform into Skymin? Anyway, it has Hidden Power Ground, which isn't the best... HP Fire is ideal... but Timid 31 HP & 29 Speed was too good to pass up.

Currently EV training in Speed. Only have 80 EV's so far (thank god for Macho Brace). Once I max that out, going to train in Sp.A and HP. I will have a well-trained Pokémon, damnit! Gawd EV training sucks X_x; I'm so proud of me for having patience, though ^_^

Last edited:
Currently happening on Pokemon Platinum.

>Bought a Power Lens at the Battle Frontier.
>Trained Shaymin to level 60. Wow, it was at 30 three days ago.
>It's not going to be an easy job between now and then once i reach level 100.

Land Forme status: 202/115/134/164/136/180
Sky Forme status: 202/118/104/188/106/216

Basically it goes like this during transformation?

• Hit points are null.
    Attack differs between 3 points.
    Defense differs between 30 points.
    Sp. Atk differs between 24 points.
    Sp. Def differs between 30 points.
    Speed differs between 36 points.

Now is that something for a Timid Shaymin. When it's in land forme, its status are balanced (okay, maybe not attack *laugh*) whereas its Sky branches in special attack and speed!

GengarNightmare

Incredible.

I decided to head to Spear Pillar and catch Timid variations of Dialga and Palkia because:

1. I've already have Sp. Atk nature variants (both with 31 Sp. Atk, mind you) from my previous file.
2. I'm totally and completely BORED with Platinum, as HGSS takes a little more wind out of Sinnoh every day.

Anyways, I brought my Timid Synchronizer(Umbreon) with me. Not only did I catch Dialga in a Quick Ball without weakening it, it was Timid and had an "Alert to Sounds" characteristic. That's right, I caught a max speed IV Timid Dialga on the first try. I then descended the mountain and deposited Dialga to make room for Palkia, and made the journey back to spear pillar. On the second try (with slightly more effort involved) I caught a max speed Timid Palkia. I never have luck like this, its absolutely astounding.

But now I'm bored again because I planned on this taking up the remainder of the evening, and it took like 15 minutes :/ Maybe I'll go catch Heatran now?

Last edited:

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
So again... not much have happened since my last update in my Platinum. Plus, I've been switching over to different games, causing me to not play Platinum very much.

- I finished maxing out my shiny Roserade's Sp. Atk stat and currently maxing out her Speed.
- My ev-trained Altaria was fully levelled up to level 100.
- Weeks ago, I used my Togekiss at the Battle Hall, and I did earn my silver print for beating Argenta after reaching the 50-streak (will post up the video code later), making it 3/5 earned silver prints for me. Currently, I'm still trying to get a silver print from Palmer.
- I transferred 3 of the Pokemon I got from the GTS in my Diamond to my Platinum, thanks to the help of my bestie. Luckily, after getting them hack-checked a couple of weeks back, they're legit.
- I got the Oak's Letter 3 days ago, and the day after, I finally caught a Timid-natured Shaymin after about 25 soft-resets. Then, I've named this Shaymin after my bestie. <3

Current Team:
♪Midnite♪ [Shaymin Sky Forme] | level 30
Smash-kun [Lucario] | level 100
♥Rosalina♥ [Roserade*] | level 55
ルギア [Lugia*] | level 97
Mukkuru [Staraptor] | level 65
Jirachi | level 100

* = shiny

Cosmar

< Aww.
US Platinum: Caught a Timid Shaymin I was happy with in a Luxury Ball a few days ago after obtaining Oak's Letter...I haven't really done much since then (I only nicknamed Shaymin and infected him and some other Pokémon with the Pokérus). If I decide to play later, I'll either faff around in the Battle Frontier or train something.

UK Platinum: Downloaded Oak's Letter. I haven't caught Shaymin yet, since IDK what Nature I want for it yet.

Meganiatales

guardian of the sea
I've had a lot of schoolwork for college to get done, so I haven't been able to play very much the last few days. But me and my Piplup, Varick, have made it to Jubilife City and I'm planning on catching a Magikarp once I get a fishing rod. I may also catch a Bidoof to get its Water type evolution, Bibarel.

Also, I think I'm going to keep Varick as a Piplup. :) I think he's just so cute and he has pretty good stats now, and he's only at level 12. Plus, he's adorable. So yay~

dpdude

teehee
in platinum, just EV training my party, but its not going too well. (I've never been too good at EV training) but i like the results. currently EV training metagross. next up is magmortar before it gets too strong. (its already at level 89) and it has no EV's.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
im gonna try to borrow my cousins DS to continue my platinum game

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Finally found an Old Amber today underground to complete my fossil collection. I found out the hard way today that just like the Sphere bag, the Treasure bag can get full too, but luckily it was only a Green Shard, which as it turns out, I have 30 of. Still trying to fill up the Pokedex, found out my Swarm was Cubone, so I went and caught an Adamant Rock Head Male w/ Thick Club on the first try! I have been really lucky lately with Platinum, and I hope it continues.

Made a visit to Celestic Town to explor the ancient room, when unexpectedly Cynthia appears and shares her theory about the ancient past. Also hatched a Treecko last night. It's a Lonely nature with Focus Punch and Solar Beam!

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
Well, today on Platinum, I went to go catch Shaymin. Since I didnt get a modest or timid shaymin when I got two of them from TRU earlier this year, I set out to soft reset to get either one of those natures. I got a modest one after about 5 resets.

salmonman78

Well, I had some issues with the Wifi, think the person I was attempting to trade's connection was bonkers but I appreciate him for trying with me. Also got a Regice, though obviously hacked, seems normal enough stats. And thats for Plat for the day

On my diamond though, I set out to Radar me some Ditto, and lord I hit payday. I got 9 dittos from a chain, each one with a different nature, would have kept going but I ran out of pokeballs. Tonight at work if I can, get rotom and some more ditto!

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Holy sweet friggin' crap. Beneficial nature. Rock Head. Head Smash. And now I find out that the Aron I got off the GTS (now an Aggron) has a 31 IV IN ATTACK! And almost perfect speed! This is good, for I raised it as a Rock Polish Aggron.

Perfect Attack, Naughty, Rock Head, Head Smash, on the GTS! And it only cost me a Slowking! I will never complain until the GTS ever again!

Ammako

That's right, I caught a max speed IV Timid Dialga on the first try.On the second try (with slightly more effort involved) I caught a max speed Timid Palkia.
Alert to sounds =/= guaranteed 31 speed.
It means it could be either 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, 26 or 31.
You should go check at the IV guy in the Battle Frontier if it really has 31 in Speed.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
My cousin let me borrow her DS ;D woot

I caught a Jolly natured seedot named him after Valmont, the villian from Jackie Chan adventures

i can finally continue ev training Skarmory (Skarro)

dpdude

teehee
well today i finally got done EV training my naughty metagross. now on to modest togekiss, but i went to give him carbos's to get his speed training started and it only let me use six of them. i dont know why.

Meganiatales

guardian of the sea
I caught a gorgeous Magikarp and named her Seger. It's going to take a long time for her to catch up to my other Pokemon, Varick, but that's okay. Once she evolves, then I'll be able to train her more personally since she'll be able to hold her own in battles.

So, I just defeated my rival (Spike :p) on Route 203 and am thinking of catching a Bidoof now to get its evolution, Bibarel, before heading off to Oreburgh City.

Status
Not open for further replies.