• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkerShining

Platinum: Been training my Pokemon, Sandslash reached level 100. My Ampharos is level 75, Swellow is level 71 and Gyarados is level 48. Just checked the honey trees, no Munchlax. Well, guess I won't be playing Platinum for a while, why? Because I bought my Heart Gold and Soul Silver games today and I'm ready to begin playing my Soul Silver, yay!

7 tyranitars

well since pokemon HGSS is delayed here in the netherlands so
previously:
-chimchar evolved into monferno
-defeated the first gym
-defeated team galactic grunts who where bugging prof rowan
-forgot to get a geodude so catched a bidoof as HM slave
-went though the rock smash cave and got TM Rock Tomb
-arived at fleorama town
-catched a buizel
-defeated team galactic mars <-- hmmpf weakling. my monferno sure had fun punching her ugly cat.

welcome to the third episode of pokemon platinum adventure

-went though entrana woods
-defeated second gym leader
-defeated team galactic jupiter
-got a togepi egg :)
-got a bice
-went to the wayward cave and catched a gible
-got vs seeker and dowsing machine
-arrived at heartrome
-helped a buneary find it's boss :p
-saw mom at the contesthall on a vacation, and we did had money for a pool...
-gible evolved into gabite
-defeated the gym leader
-got an eevee
- evolved him into leafeon and learns him bullet seed and grass knot

gabite ;444; lvl 25
-dragon rage
-sandstorm
-earthquack
-take down
leafeon ;470; lvl 21
-tackle
-bullet seed
-sand attack
-grass knot
buizel ;418; lvl 24
-water gun
-pursuit
-swift
-aqua jet
luxio ;404; lvl 25
-charge
-spark
-bite
-roar
monferno;391; lvl 26
-mach punch
-shadow claw
-flame wheel
-feint

TSL

Mischievous.
Since I'm unable to use the DS with my SS on it, I got back to my now-barren Platinum file (whose boxes are chock full of Abra, Hoothoot, Ratatta, and Pidgey due to mass exodus to SS).
351 hours on this file. Up until a few hours ago though, I hadn't gone to Mt. Coronet for Dialga/Palkia. I went up with a Modest Synchronizing Abra and got a perfect Sp. Attack Dialga:
Dialga - #483 (Modest)
HP: 0 - 1
Att: 16 - 17
Def: 6 - 7
SpA: 31
SpD: 30 - 31
Speed: 23 - 24
I went up with the explicit intention to get this, and the Speed/Sp Defense is icing on the cake. See, I already have a trained Palkia from my Pearl so I don't really need another one, but I've never even used Dialga. But I did get this Palkia anyway:
Palkia, Modest, Lv.70 -
HP: 23 |
Atk:16 |
Def: 3 |
Sp.Atk: 22 |
Sp.Def: 28 |
Spd: 22
Depending on when I get my SS back, I might try chaining for that elusive Eevee shine after I EV train Dialga. Currently trying to infect it with Pokerus from my Rayquaza

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I've been breeding for my second HGSS team, almost done.

Meganium
Arcanine
Kingdra
Ampharos
Golem
Scizor

All of them are done except for Mareep, I'm breeding for one with HP Ice. Wish me luck, it will be a while.

EDIT: After about 20 eggs and an hour or two, I found a Modest Male Mareep (Quick to Flee), done with my next team, gonna start again by Wednesday.

Last edited:

Pokelight_Admin

My recent happenings in Diamond includes raising and building my team. I caught an Adamant Gible with four flawless IVs, which was a really lucky catch on my part. At the moment, it's at level 57. I've entered into the Battle Tower a few times now and it's simply amazing how powerful it is. The rest of my is probably going to consist of Kanto Pokemon since I was to get a specific theme going.

Ramsie

Seeker of Knowledge
I'm frantically trying to evolve Bunny the Buneary. I'm also training her to be a contest winner. So far she's one the normal smart contest. Now Buneary isn't the best choice for normal contests, but that's what her nature gives preference too. I've been doing a lot of the daily events. I've also caught quite a few Pokemon. I caught a Sealo last night while looking for a Corsola, which was the swarm. I also caught an Oddish that way. Last week, Makuhita was the swarm so I caught one of those. I also got the Pikachu colored Pichu on the last day possible so I'm pleased with myself. Lastly, I took on the E4 again. The only one that seriously gave me trouble was Cynthia's togekiss. Eventually I took it out though.

Onyx Umeki

Mrph...how impudent.
Im doing a Bug-monotype challenge in Platinum..

So I traded over eggs/pokemon & am about to go into Oreburgh gate (roarksgunnademolishme)

Dresden

Pokémon Master
Since my first BT team ended up being less than perfect, I'm now making my second one. I've finished EV training my female Medicham named "Alys" (after my psionic monk Dungeons and Dragons character :D ) and am now EV training my male Mantine wall. I'm thinking about changing his name to The Man. Once I finish with him, I'll look around for a decent natured Sturdy Magnemite and start making my Magnezone.

I don't like Magnezone all that much, think it looks a tad strange, but, hey, it fills the 3rd spot perfectly on my BT team.

Ramsie

Seeker of Knowledge
Pearl:
Started my Scramble a couple days back. Chose Turtwig and started off on my adventure. Then caught Shinx and battled my way to Jubilife. After a skirmish with my rival (that I easily dominated) I finally made my way to Oreburgh and the first gym badge! But first I had to go down to the mines and find Roark! Down in the mines, Shinz evolved into Luxio! I was using him a lot because I knew I wouldn't be using him in the gym. The gym was easy with Turtwig's razor leaf. After the battle, I got my first badge!

Then I head back to Jubilife to grab a new Poketch app and found a couple Team Galactic goons. I fought them with Lucas and won with ease. Not long afterwards, I arrived in Floaroma Town. It was filled with beautiful flowers, but I couldn't help but notice another pair of Galactic goons. They mentioned something about Valley Windworks, so I headed east and found a little girl who asked me to rescue her dad who was trapped in the building. Being the do-gooder I am I of course complied to commit such a noble action. The entrance was blocked by a grunt, but he was easily defeated. But he then had the audacity to lock the door! But when I backtracked to Floaroma Meadow, the two goons were there just waiting to be defeated. They, naturally, dropped the Works Key. I returned and cleared out the area. I lost to Commander Mars the first time, but after teaching Luxio Spark victory was assured.

Platinum:
I have obtained several new Pokemon, including Lopunny, Gengar, Mismagius, Bonsly, and Bellsprout. My Pokedex is starting to fill out quite nicely. Currently training up a Murkrow to evolve when either Pachi or Aimbipom give me a Dusk Stone. I'm also thinking of revamping my ingame team and creating a team for battle frontier.

I just defeated the Elite four. Now I can go catch Reggigas so thats what I am going to do. First I have to trade Regice, Registeele and Regirock to my Diamond game.

Pengwan

Just finished beating up on my Rival in Burned Tower. My team is:

Lv20 Loomer (Hardy Togetic; Serene Grace)
Lv21 Kashmir (Modest Flaafy)
Lv20 Degausser (Naive Heracross; Guts)
Lv20 Catalyst (Rash Quilava)

My gym battle vs Whitney and Rival Battle are on Youtube -p

Took some time today to breed the Heracross until I got a decent nature. Caught 25 Pokemon so far iirc, been slacking just a little bit lately though.

BTW quick question, I can get the Shiny Stone for winning the Bug Contest before the Elite Four correct? I want a Togekiss :(

Uranus

I've Been Canceled!?
Currently in Oreburgh, training my Pokemon up to Lvl 18 before I take on Roark. My team is:

Lvl 16 Luxio
Lvl 16 Zubat
Lvl 16 Machop
Lvl 16 Psyduck
Lvl 16 Staravia
Lvl 16 Turtwig

Still undecided on what my final team will be. Might throw a Scizor in there at some point as I had on in another file.

I dunno. Any ideas.

I caught Reggigas today! The puzzle to get to him wasn't that hard at all. He was hard to catch, I used 60 Ultra Balls on him. I haven't used that many Ultra balls since catching Moltres and, Rayquaza lol.

Last edited:

Elite Four Muadita

Bought a new platinum today since my other game was stolen. So i did the same thing as always at the beginning of platinum. Went and got my first pokemon, a Turtwig named Twiggy, went to the lake, when to Sandgem, learned how to catch pokemon, deliverer packages, and then i started looking for members of my team.

First up came a starly which i decided to keep and named Sunset because thats when i caught him. Then i saw two Shinx that were both knocked out by Twiggy and as i was starting to give up on shinks this beauty came out of the blue! A SHINY SHINX!

PICTURE Afraid of being knocked out i used starly and well i caught it.!

Now im training twiggy before heading out of Jubilife.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
AAFHSDFLHASHDKFHKB!

Anyway. Today's (tomorrow's? It's 2am) swarm in Platinum was Cubone, so I decided to finally nab a Nincada from Eterna Forest and Compoundeyes for a Thick Club. Only took me three tries.

And the Thick Club was held by an Adamant Cubone. With Rock Head. That saves me so much time breeding. I LOVE YOU, GAME. Other than that and sporadic EV training for my Battle Tower team, I haven't been very active in my game lately.

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Today was a great day in pearl, thanks to easter and my cousin being at the easter party. First He helped me get shaymin, dont know how he got me there, i was eatting. Then he lent me his regi's that someone else lent him so i could get Regigigas. Took me about 10 resets to catch it. Then my sneasel egg hatched into a female, which is exactly what i wanted. He then chose to trade me a glalie for a sableye since he had 2 and didnt have emerald, so he couldn't get sableye. I amnow breeding the Glalie for a female snorunt so i can get Froslass.

I plan on trading Sneasel to SS later.

pit-fall

Angels Amoonguss
With my Pokemon interests re-sparked, thanks to the release of HeartGold, I decided to finish up my Platinum.

I went to the Pokemon Mansion and added Manaphy to my Pokedex, and since it was night time I was able to challenge and catch Rotom with like three Ultra Balls. And with that, I headed to Sandgem and collected my prize - The National Dex. I was prettyy happy, considering it took me so long to get around to doing it. I caught a Swablu which I am now raising.

Uranus

I've Been Canceled!?
Gonna start a new game as my old one wasn't going anywhere. It was taking me too long train my team up and it got boring.

Think my new team will be:

Torterra
Driftblim
Octillery
Houndoom
Gallade
Scizor

A few reliables with a couple of ones i've never had before. I just hope i'll be able to keep with this one and not get bored.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
On Platinum: I recently traded over some pokemon from there to my HG

On Diamond: I traded some pokemon from there over to HG as well, and right now I am breeding some pokemon to send over.

Status
Not open for further replies.