• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Platinum: Restarted and eventually after many soft resetts settled on a Timid male Chimchar, beat the rivial and eventually got the pokedex. Nicknamed him PG TIPS.

Caught 5 pokemon and got a female Bagon which i called COOKIE from my pearl version. Cookie has gone fast and beat the trainers.

We beat the rival, Cookie did and got to Orugenbug City, the rock city gym. Cookie beat the trainers, and we have just received a female Swinub which i called DIAMOND.

I'm training up all pokemon to L14 before the gym leader, PG TIPS will stay a Chimchar until he has learned Nasty plot.

Currently in team:
PG TIPS - Male
chimchar.png

L14
Current Moveset
Scratch/Growl/Ember/Taunt

COOKIE - Female
bagon.png

L14
Current Moveset
Dragon Dance/Dragon Claw/Aerial Ace/Flamethrower

DIAMOND - Female
swinub.png

L1 - Newly Hatch
Current Moveset
Tackle/Oder Sleth/Earthquake/Rock Slide

Current Task: Receive and Train all pokemon to L14. Pokemon to recieve include: Chinchou and Misdreavus.

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Well, I just finished EV training my Marshtomp, had to hold off on evolution until it could naturally learn Earthquake. Evolved it, and taught it Avalanche, and trained it some more to level 60. Dumped it in the PC, and now I'm currently breeding for a Bold Vaporeon with 31/x/31/+20/+20/x, so wish me luck.

EDIT: Hatched a Bold Eevee (F) with perfect HP, so currently breeding with a Hippopotas with perfect HP and Defense IVs until I find a Bold (F) Eevee with both.

Last edited:

DarkerShining

Platinum: Still working on training my Pokemon and filling up pages in my Pokedex. I recently got my Toxicroak and Typhlosion to level 100. Battling trainers has given a lot of money which I can use to buy coins at the Game corner so I can afford TM's for my Pokemon.

Shiny Espeon0429

@reloader

Grr... I've been hunting for a Lucky Egg for a few days now and no luck :(

However, compared to 3rd Gen, it's a walk in the park. I'm no longer catching the Chansey, but using my Mankey's Covet to try and get them. 16 Oval Stones, but no Lucky Egg. :(

EDIT: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! Just got one! Finally! Now, to find a Feebas, before putting this Lucky Egg to use...

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
@reloader

Grr... I've been hunting for a Lucky Egg for a few days now and no luck :(

However, compared to 3rd Gen, it's a walk in the park. I'm no longer catching the Chansey, but using my Mankey's Covet to try and get them. 16 Oval Stones, but no Lucky Egg. :(

You should try this method, worked like a charm for me, got me 14 Lucky Eggs in a couple of days xD

1. Put a pokemon with CompoundEyes in the first slot, and have it fainted.
2. Put a high level pokemon with Frisk in the second slot, alive. For Chansey, Bannette works best, and can be caught at a high level near the Survival Area.
3. Make sure it knows Thief.

When you find a Chansey, CompoundEyes will double the chance of Lucky Egg from 5% to 10%. Frisk will activate and tell you what item they're holding.

I'm still breeding for a Wish Vaporeon, and so far so good, at the speed I've been getting what I need, I should be done by tonight.

Hatched a Bold (F) Eevee with perfect Defense, and currently breeding it with a Eevee (M) that has perfect HP and Wish, so wish me luck.

EDIT: Hatched these two beauties, so they're the new parents.

;133; - Bold Male - x / x / 31 / 31 / x / x
;133; - Bold Female - 31 / x / x / 31 / 31 / x

Last edited:

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Diamond: Chain breeding so that I can get a male Absol with 31 IVs in Attack and Speed. Once I get it, I will begin breeding for a shiny Feebas.

Pearl: SRing for a shiny Heatran. 2343 soft resets so far.

Platinum: Hatching for a shiny Riolu. 2050 eggs.

Edit: By the way, Diamond and Pearl are slow as ****. Everything takes so long to complete, especially the battles. Why are these games so sluggish?

Last edited:
I've stopped my shiny hunting for the moment in order to train a Parasect as my Catcher. Also, I am going to train a Scizor for sweeping the Elite Four. After that I will continue the hunt. My Parasect is already level 57 and EV trained, so hopefully Scizor will be ready by tomorrow afternoon.

Also, I may start either Diamond or SoulSilver soon, or both. Only time will tell though.

Last edited:

Shiny Espeon0429

OMG, OMG, OMG! First time hunting for a pokeradar shiny and I get a shiny sentret after a chain of 4!!!!

I'm so happy!

Mainpy

Diamond:
Hatched a modest Finneon and EV trained it in HP and now I'm training it in Special Attack battling Gastlys.
I don't care if Lumineon sucks, it's cute.
Platinum:
Did the Stark Mountain sidequest thing.

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
So I made a lot of progress in my Platinum today, and even got a badge. After defeating my rival in Hearthome City, I hit the road, and defeated the trainers along the way. Made it to Solaceon Town quickly, picking up a TM Steel Wing along the way. Bumped into my rival when I entered, and found out about HM Defog. Explored the Solaceon Ruins, and found it, along with a bunch of evolutionary stones and a Rare Candy. Healed up, and climbed the Lost Tower, defeating the trainers and getting some items. Hit the road, getting a TM Roost and some other items. Beat the trainers, and when I reached Veilstone City, I hit the Gym. Bumped into Lucas and Wake, blah blah blah. Defeated the trainers, and I got my team to level 30, when Luxio evolved. Challenged Maylene, she was easy, but mostly because of luck. Gligar OHKO'd both Machoke and Meditite, while Misdreavus 3HKO'd Lucario, because of paralysis and Metal Claw missing. I evolved Gligar and Misdreavus after the battle as a reward, and saved.

Monferno level 30
Gyarados level 30
Roselia level 30
Luxray level 30
Gliscor level 31
Mismagius level 31

Shiny Espeon0429

Got bored of EV training Scizor in my Battle Frontier team. So decided to go for that last streak of 7 in the Battle Factory before I would face my first ever Frontier Brain!

Got to third trainer with a Kingdra, Tangrowth and Gallade. I had killed the first pokemon with Kingdra, but Kingdra had been weakened before and now it was up against Starmie.
This is what happened:

*I choose Outrage*
Starmie uses Hydro Pump.
Critical Hit! Kingdra fainted!
Go Tangrowth!
*I choose Toxic*
Starmie uses Hydro Pump.
Critical Hit! Tangrowth fainted! (WTF)
Go Gallade!
*I choose Thunderpunch*
Starmie uses Hydro Pump.
Critical Hit! (Oh, come on!) Gallade is on red health.
Gallade uses Thunderpunch. Starmie survives!
*I choose Tunderpunch*
Starmie uses Hydro Pump.
Gallade Faints!
[my Platinum name] loses!
*Considers lobbing DS at the wall*

Grr... Isn't Hydro Pump meant to have rubbish accuracy?

Anyway, was so mad, I refused to leave until I had at least got a first streak of 7 again. I did this and decided to go catch my swarm pokemon before going back. Caught several Pinsir, as well as Beautifly and Volbeat on Route 229, which I hadn't caught before! :)

Now back to EV training Scizor...

Ramsie

Seeker of Knowledge
I restarted pearl yesterday. I;m having my character keep a journal. I've also been doing Pokedex completion, but that's not the interesting bit. Yesterday's journal entry:

June 7th
Today, I woke up and turned on the television, just like I do every day. There was a special on a Red Gyarados, which confused me. I was under the impression gyarados were blue…
Then, I went downstairs and saw my mom, like I do every day. She told me Ogden was looking for me, like he does every day. Maybe one day he’ll stick around long enough to find out I come down the stairs like five seconds after he leaves.
So I then went off to his house, like I do every day. He ran out when he saw me and told me he’d meet me on Route 201 to go to the lake. Then he ran into his house because he forgot something. Typical Ogden. I may “slow” but at least I remember to get stuff.
Well, I met him up there and he said we were going to catch our own Pokemon. I laughed, but played along. So we went out to the lake and saw an old guy there. He had a younger guy with a red hat with him. They left and walked right by us without so much as a hello. How rude! But, they left their briefcase in the tall grass. Ogden and I went to go check it out and we were attacked by wild Starly! The briefcase fell open and revealed three Poke balls! I grabbed the one on the right, Piplup, and Ogden took the one on the left and we used them to defend outselves from the Starly. Then, the guy in the red hat came back. He was shocked we used the Pokemon, but he did not seem very mad. He left with the briefcase and the remaining Pokemon. We left not long after.
Ogden confided in me that he was torn. He knew we had to give the Pokemon back, but he had started to develop a bond with his Pokemon too. We ran into the old guy on the way back home. He and the fellow with red hat told us to visit the lab in Sandgem, the next town over before he started that direction himself. We separated to go talk it over with our respective mothers. My mom told me I must go. So I headed off. On my way, Piplup grew another level and a nice person gave me a potion to heal her with. When I arrived in Sandgem, the boy in the red hat was there. He finally revealed himself to be Lucas and we went right on into the lab. Or we would have if Ogden hadn’t come barreling out. He essentially said that the professor was totally out there and left. Lucas made the point that Ogden never slows down. I was like, “well, duh.”
I then went in and talked to Professor Rowan. He isn’t as scary as I thought he was. He let me keep piplup and name her Tiplouf. Then he gave me a Pokedex and asked me if I wanted to catalogue all the Pokemon in Sinnoh. It sounded like a giant task but I said I’d give it my best effort. Then Lucas gave me a tour of the town. I went to the PokeCenter to heal up and the PokeMart was having a Buy ten get a Preimier ball free deal so I took them up on it. On the way back home I caught a Bidoof and a Starly, named Bidiza and Benina.
My mom was stoked about the project Prof. rowan asked me to do. Then Ogden’s mom came by and asked me to deliver a parcel to him. She thinks he headed for Jubilife City. On the way there, I leveled up my other Pokemon and caught a shinx, which I named Schien. Then I gave Ogden his parcel at Jubilife and there were two maps inside! He gave me the other one. I poked around a bit and won a free Poketch! Then I headed north to catch a Budew, named Rosie, and a Zubat, named Rapti. Then on the western side of town, a man gave me a Old Rod. I used it catch a Magikarp, aptly named Poisson.
When I headed east towards Orenburgh and the first gym battle, I ran into Ogden again and he challenged me to a battle. I won using only Tiplouf, but it took skill. She’s getting to be very strong now, and she’s started accepting food from me sometimes. Rosie’s the same way. I went through to the Orenburgh Gate and a hiker came up to me and gave me HM06, which contained Rock Smash. I gave the technique to Bidiza and had her practice it on a couple wild Pokemon. Sure enough, I ran into a wild Geodude and caught it and named it Caillou. I then proceeded through the cave and arrived in orenburgh to find Ogden in front of the gym. He’d already gotten his badge and he told me Roark, the gym leader, was down in the mines. It was already nighttime when I went into Orenburgh Gate, so I figured I’d go fetch Roark in the morning. I’m really tired though so maybe I’ll just check in at the PokeCenter.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Well a big update for me.

Since my last post, I headed for Pastoria, along the route south of Veilstone, found a Razor Fang and evolved Gligar and traded in a Dusk Stone for Misdreavus to evolve it.

Beat the trainers and all those stupid Fisherman and Tubers, and also got a White Flute from a woman who lost her Suite Key.

Made it to Pastoria, and before I entered the Gym, I had to deal with Matthew. Easy as usual. Staravia was KOd by Monferno, Gyarados took down Ponyta, Heracross, and Roselia, while Roselia took down Prinplup. He blabbed about being an apprentice, blah blah blah. I beat the Gym trainers after he ran off.

Headed for Hearthome City via Pastoria City, and beat all those trainers, even had my team reach level 40 by the time I had reached Hearthome. Flew to Pastoria, and hit the Gym. It was way too easy. Luxray OHKO'd Gyarados and Floatzel with Spark, and Roselia OHKO'd Quagsire with Giga Drain.

Wake yelled at Matthew after the battle, and heard about the bomb!?!?! BOOOOOOOOOM too late... No damage done anyway, and I chased down the culprit. Beat him to a pulp, and bumped into Cynthia. She gave me the SecretPotion (HGSS hint or what) and I cured the Psyduck. Headed for Celestic Town, had to bring a DeFog slave (what a waste of a HM) to clear that up, and the Karate Man didn't thank me =[ Finally made it to Celestic Town, and beat the funny space man outside the ruins. Cyrus challenged me to a battle in order to protect the painting, and it was a challenge. Mismagius barely came out alive. Got the HM for Surf and taught it to a Bibarel. Mismagius then defeated all the trainers out near Mt. Coronet, so I flew to Jubilife.

Beat the Fisherman with the Gyarados obsession and the other two, and talked to Lucas' father Anakin xP, and got a Pokedex update, just like the Serebii site! What a coincidence. Healed in the PokeCenter, and challenged Matthew. Again, he was easy. Gliscor took down Roselia, Ponyta, and Heracross, while Monferno defeated Empoleon and Staraptor (and subsiquently evolved). Beat the Gym trainers with Infernape and Gyarados, and checked out Iron Island. Beat all those Miners, abused Riley for level grinding, and beat the TG Grunts. Riley wanted to give me an Egg, but I had no room -_-' Also found a Shiny Stone, and finally evolved Roselia. Went to the Gym, and challenged Byron. Gyarados OHKOd Magneton and 2HKOd Steelix with Waterfall, while Infernape managed to OHKO Bastiodon with Mach Punch. Healed, and saved.

Infernape level 40
Gyarados level 40
Roserade level 40
Luxray level 40
Gliscor level 40
Mismagius level 40

Butta

Getting eggs ready because I'll finally be buying Soulsilver friday. So i hatched an adamant elekid with ice punch and cross chop on the first try :)
i was shocked it only took one try :) today was a good day

Draknir

Fear the Deer
So, basically I bought Perl-Edition(Pearl in German) because A.) I am in Germany, and B.) The store I was at did not have Platin-Edition(Platinum in German) like I wanted. I naturally named my character after myself, and I named my rival Diamant. After a long and hard process(flipping a coin), I started with Chelast(Turtwig), which ended up being female like my Pearl. I fought of the Staralili(Starly), and then made my way to the Professor, fighting Staralili and Bidiza(Bidoof). Went back home and got the package for my rival and went to Route 202. Lucia(Dawn) showed me how to catch a Pokemon using her Gender changing Plifna(Piplup). In the grass, I saw a Male Sheinux(Shinx) with Intimidate, so I caught him. Made my way to the first Gym, defeating my rival. On Route 207, I caught a Machollo(Machop) to use on my team. Sheinux and Chelast evolved. I then defeated the gym leader, and made my way north to Flori(Floaroma Town). I defeated Mars and I am now heading north.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
After defeating Byron, I headed outside, and my rival grabbed me, told me to come to the library ASAP. Rowan lectured about evolution when BOOM! Another explosion? Yup, according to a local sailor. We split up, I headed for Lake Valor, and bumped into Saturn. My newly evolved Roserade swept him with Extrasensory. Flew to Twinleaf Town, spoke to Mom, she told me to have a rest. I went to the Lake, and saw Mars there, with her distinctive red hair. She battled me too, Infernape had no trouble. Rowan told me to check on Matthew, so I flew to Eterna, and traveled up towards Snowpoint City. Beat the trainers along the way, and found a slew of items. I hate the constant hail -_-'

Finally arrived in Snowpoint City, and hit the Gym. I took care of the trainers with ease, and found Candice. She was easy, as Infernape OHKO'd Sneasel, Mismagius OHKO'd Froslass, Gyarados OHKO'd Piloswine, but when Abomasnow came around, it was lucky I didn't lose. Luxray kept missing with Fire Fang, so he had time to smack me around with Wood Hammer, but I held on and finally took it down. So I got my badge, and saved.

Infernape level 45
Gyarados level 45
Roserade level 45
Luxray level 45
Gliscor level 45
Mismagius level 45

I've been secretly playing in class this week, mainly because its the last week of class xP

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Platinum: Restarted and eventually after many soft resetts settled on a Timid male Chimchar, beat the rivial and eventually got the pokedex. Nicknamed him PG TIPS.

Caught 5 pokemon and got a female Bagon which i called COOKIE from my pearl version. Cookie has gone fast and beat the trainers.

We beat the rival, Cookie did and got to Orugenbug City, the rock city gym. Cookie beat the trainers, and we have just received a female Swinub which i called DIAMOND.

I'm training up all pokemon to L14 before the gym leader, PG TIPS will stay a Chimchar until he has learned Nasty plot.

Currently in team:
PG TIPS - Male
chimchar.png

L14
Current Moveset
Scratch/Growl/Ember/Taunt

COOKIE - Female
bagon.png

L14
Current Moveset
Dragon Dance/Dragon Claw/Aerial Ace/Flamethrower

DIAMOND - Female
swinub.png

L1 - Newly Hatch
Current Moveset
Tackle/Oder Sleth/Earthquake/Rock Slide

Current Task: Receive and Train all pokemon to L14. Pokemon to recieve include: Chinchou and Misdreavus.

Beat Gym 1: Easily using Earthquake/Dragon Claw on Diamond and Cookie.
Headed back and received my Chinchou Egg, hatched out and nicknamed Nerubes.
Caught a Geodude, taught it Rock Smash
Went though the tunnel
Got to Floroma Town beating trainers
Raised my pokemon to L15 and narrowly beat the commander and the goons.
Beat the trainers to the forest
Raised my pokemon to level 19 in the forest and beat all trainers
Went on a training spree to level 20.
Easily beat gym 2 with Flame wheel on PG Tips, Flamethrower on Bagon and Ice Beam on Chinchou.
Got my egg
Defeated nicely and easily using Diamond the TG Building
Went down cycling road
Beat the trainers
Got to Hearthrome and after several re sets got my Careful Natured Eevee, who I have nicknamed Stalker.

Next
Now training very hard againest the trainers with the newly accquired VS Seeker to train each pokemon to L25.

Still Breeding for my Timid/Modest Nasty plot/Shadow Ball Misdreavus, who will hopefully level up very quickly. I need to finish that today!

Diamond: Going to get all my pokemon I need to breed for today as well then I can continue.

Been on standby for a while due to other commitments.

Will Edit later with pokemon details.

Platinum: Quick note that Nereus has evolved into Lanturn, it now destroys lots of stuff. Training to L30 to commence. Hopefully will get a Umbreon soon and then its a Midreavus to complete it wont start just yet though,

Last edited:

slowdude

Oh wow, after getting the national Dex I headed off to the battle frontier. After beating flint and volkner with my rival, I headed off to the resort area just so i can fly there later. Went back to the fight area, grabbed a super rod and headed north to the survival area. I forgot to repel and went into battle. What appeared before me? Non other then a shiny Machoke. Seeing as I haven't bought anything yet on platinum and all I had on me was a couple of poke'balls and a masterball + a team of lvl 100 pokemon that only knew damaging moves I just tossed the Masterball.

It has a Serious nature so its useless but shiny non the less. Its going to join my other useless shiny (Sharpedo) on HeartGold following me around as a Machamp.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Since my last post, I've done a lot. After beating Candice, I bumped into Mars and Matthew at the Lake, he wasn't happy. She blatantly invited me to her place in Veilstone, so I flew there. Cleared out the HQ one annoying Grunt at a time, and made it to Cyrus in one piece. He was easy, as my Mismagius just spammed Thunderbolt. He ran away to Mt. Coronet, and gave me a pity Masterball. Afterwards, Roserade mopped the floor with Saturn, and Charon muttered something to himself. I ran off after Cyrus to Mt. Coronet, and made it to the top quickly. Spammed Itemfinder app, and found a boatload of stuff. Made it to the top, Luxray took down both Mars and Jupiter, with no help from Matthew. Cyrus forced Palkia and Dialga to appear, but got sucked down by Giratina, so I took after him. Helped out Mesprit/Azelf/Uxie out,and battled Cyrus again. Mismagius swept him again with Thunderbolt. Cynthia led me out, and told me to go talk to Rowan. I flew to Sandgem Town, and Rowan gushed over me. He told me to go to Sunyshore City, so I flew to Veilstone City, and headed south from there. Beat all the Fishermen and the trainers in the Gym, and when my team reached level 50, I challenged Volkner with Gliscor, who OHKOd all four of his guys with Earthquake.

Infernape level 50
Gyarados level 50
Roserade level 50
Luxray level 50
Gliscor level 51
Mismagius level 50

Currently Surfing towards the Pokémon League.

Atrum Animus

Penguin Trainer
'Bout to start an Eevee and evolution runthrough of Platinum. If I had a copy of SS (already completed HG and caught Mewtwo, ain't deleting that), I'd do that, but I don't, so... Yeah. Gonna be: Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon. I'll have a Glaceon boxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.