• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
Joe went from Solaceon onwards, and went face to face with a Rancher who had a Gameshark! He had a Rapidash WAY before it's supposed to evolve. He also purchased a dozen bottles of milk, because you never know when you'd need milk. Got milk? Our hero then bravely ventured into the rain, and fought an annoying trainer with a Bronzor. Using Ghostfreak against it wasn't a good idea... Joe faced an even more annoying group of trainers a bit farther down, fighting a Double Team of Ace Trainers with annoying Pokemon. Along the way though, Emolion evolved!

"Emolion's gotten a ton of confidence after that Karate guy fight. Which begs the question; what are they doing in the rain?" -Joe

The team made it to Velistone City, and rushed to the Pokemon Center to heal. While they were there, they did some shopping errands by grabbing a ton of Lemonade, they received a Porygon from a nearby house, got a TM from a random Roughneck, and a winner was him as he got a Coin Case from a Clown. As he tried to enter the Gym, Dawn the stalker forcefully chatted with him, as a superstar Gym Leader came out- Crasher Wake! He had his own awesome theme song and is my favorite Gym Leader of the game. I imagine him sounding like Bowser from Super Paper Mario (yeah!).

The gym itself was a pain. Not because of the annoying trainers screaming about love, hope, and stuff like that, but because of how long it took for the giant punching bags to be dragged! I liked the other puzzle from D/P better. After a ton of punching and receiving sore hands, Joe initiated combat with...

Painfully Powerful Pink-Haired Puncher
MAYLENE
VSMaylene.png

;405;;315;;355;;193;;339; V.S. ;307;;067;;448;​

Ghostfreak faced Meditite and OHKO'd it with a Shadow Ball. Rosemon then took on Machoke and defeated it with a few Extrasensory hits. A Rock Tomb did quite a bit of damage but not a ton. The last match was between Emolion and Lucario. The intimidation and a lucky paralyzation weakened it, but Emolion got KO'd by Bone Rush. Mastazu defeated Lucario with Earthquake, giving Joe the badge!

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
S far I've evolved squirtle, chikarita, totodile, and treecho. I just need to evolved the rest of my starters >.>

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I restarted both of my Pearl and Platinum version, to honor the DP saga. I restarted my Pearl version just an hour before the last DP episode premiered in the dub and I restarted my Platinum on September 9th. Right now in my Pearl I have beaten the elite 4 and Champion and in my Platinum I am currently training my Pokemon for the elite 4 and champion.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
Joe was creeped out when he saw Dawn purpousely waiting for him in front of the gym, telling him she lost her Pokedex to Team Galactic... If she got all the way to Velistone, why the heck did she not be strong enough to take on said grunts? They're no Lex Luthor.

Anyhow she's relying on Joe to beat them up for some reason. So they join together to form "the ultimate dream team" Despite that, she's only got a random Clefairy, a naive Kadabra, and a hopeless Grotle. Joe on the other hand has a powerful Luxray, a smart Roselia, a terrorizing Duskull, a hyper Yanma, and a bickering Barboach. In the end, Joe did most of the winning, while Dawn just had her Pokemon stand still and take hits. The Galactic Grunts yelled "We'll get yours!" and ran like the grunts they were after they returned Dawn's Pokedex. Then Looker leapt onto the scene too late to be helpful. After investigating, our hero got the HM for Fly, but didn't feel compelled to teach it to Stinkfly.

Joe then went back the way he came to do any of the things he skipped. This included...

...going into the Lost Tower and defogging it, finding it to be a waste of his valuable time except for training.
...fighting trainers that he skipped.
...being an idiot and forgetting to go into the Wayward Cave. It just hit me now several weeks after this happened.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finished evolving all of my starters. Now I just have to evolve the rest of my pokemon. I think I have 15 or 20 >.>

Hilijix

Back in Blue
South of Veilstone City, our hero thought it would be time to obtain his last Pokemon. What was it, you ask? Why, a Houndour! They are a bit of a pain to catch due to their catch rate and that they know Roar. After some patience, Joe caught a Male Houndour and named it Demolosse, after one of its other bilingual names. A slam dunk home run man in a Game Corner Exchange Corner said its Hidden Power was Rock, and after paying large sums of money taught it Hidden Power. The thing frustrating about it is that it gains levels sooooo slowly... It fought nearly every trainer on the route and didn't even gain enough levels to match the wild Pokemon on the next one. It did evolve rather immediately.

Speaking of evolution, both Mastazu, and Stinkfly reached their final forms, Whiscash and Yanmega. This occurred as Joe and company passed a very high-rated restaurant that didn't actually give Joe any food. Aw... Right after that though, was Dr. Footstep! After examination, he gave Emolion and Rosemon ribbons, but not to the rest of the team.

And with that done, they were at Pastoria City. The team didn't enter the gym immediately due to being a bit underleveled at this point, so they stopped for a few days to get up in levels. Afterwards, when they did try to enter the gym, Ron ran and interrupted Joe's challenge to sport another one!
;405;;315;;355;;469;;340;;229; V.S. ;397;;315;;077;;394;​

Just look at how puny that team looks to mine O.O Emolion takes down Staravia with a few Sparks despite a Double Team and Quick Attack. Ron's Roselia fell to a Fire Fang from the well-trained Demolosse. Mastazu Earthquaked Ponyta to pieces. Rosemon Energy Balled the Prinplup despite getting hit with a Peck. After the fight, Ron ran off, wanting a theme song.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I evolved wailmer, pidgeoto, and sentret. I still have a ways to go though >.>

Hilijix

Back in Blue
Time to achieve the Fen Badge! Now this Gym Badge technically makes no sense on how to get; how the heck does the water level actually rise and lower constantly from specifically colored buttons? It makes no sense! The trainers there were a bit tricky, but nothing too harmful. At the edge of the gym, Joe went face to face with...

Mighty and Mega Masked Man of Serious Seas
CRASHER WAKE
VSCrasher_Wake.png

;405;;315;;355;;469;;340;;229; V.S. ;130;;195;;419;​

Emolion seemed to have the advantage against Gyarados, though both Intimidates wrecked both of them. A Spark took a ton of health away, an Aqua Tail only knocked down some of it. Another Spark finished it off. Next up was Quagsire, who got OHKO'd with Rosemon's Energy Ball. Emolion came out once again to face Floatzel, who took alot of damage from Spark and dished out pain with Brine. In the end however, it was Mastazu who got the finishing blow with Spark, giving Joe the Fen Badge!

After leaving, Ron told them that a Galactic Dude blew up a bomb. The grunt rushed away, with Jow folling him. Eventually, Looker caught up to them except was lazy and didn't keep running. When our hero did catch up to the grunt and knocked him out, he broke the Pokemon law (stopping your entire life if you lose a battle as a grunt) and continued to the nearby Lake. And just to make the moment even more peachy, the spicy stalker Cynthia made Joe do a fetch quest.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finally evolved my baltoy. For such a weak pokemon it sure evolves late >.>

Hilijix

Back in Blue
Joe went out to towards Celestic Town after beating all the trainers to the west. However, due to the fog, he had to drop Demolosse for the ride. He used an unknown Starly to clear the fog. The trainers were a bit challenging, especially the duo of Raichu and Gyarados. Also, there were NINJAS! No, ninja boys. This game isn't awesome enough to have actual ninjas. Try one of the sequels or prequels. Along the way however... Ghostfreak evolved into Dusclops!

At Celestic Town, a Galactic Grunt threatened to blow the town up with a bomb... I'm surprised Game Freak could get away with that in a Pokemon game. You're making them look like terrorists. Joe beat up the terrorist grunt with Rosemon and Ghostfreak. After making him get out of there, the hero went inside to look at the weird markings on the wall. An old lady, who we gave the thing Cynthia wanted us to give, said they were legendaries or something like that. And then out of nowhere the boss of Team Galactic, Cyrus, ran up to us and challenged us for this weird artifact!

Despite being the boss of Team Galactic and had overdramatically awesome music... He was easier than the trainers from the last route... He started out with Sneasel, who fell to Ghostfreak, with its newly learned Brick Break attack. Murkrow was next, who dueled with Stinkfly... It turned out to be a bad Pokemon selection due to how strong Drill Peck was. The crow was still knocked out by Emolion's Spark, but still... Last up was Golbat, and Demolosse battled it. A few Hidden Power Rocks did the trick, and it didn't care about confusion.

After losing Cyrus spouted out nonsense and then left. The old lady was thankful and gave us the HM for Surf. Once Joe left the cave, the stalker Cynthia was a jerk and didn't help us in the fight, but rather waited outside and watched the whole thing. Geez, she sure is lazy. She directed us to Canalave City.

Well I had stopped playing for awhile but I finally resumed my Diamond play through. I just beat Fantina and got my 5th badge. Her Drifblim's minimize was annoying...

Rapidash-Lv. 41
Staraptor-Lv. 40
Toxicroak-Lv. 40
Gastrodon-Lv. 41
Torterra-Lv. 41

Hilijix

Back in Blue
Tons of stuff could be done now with Surf. Surf was taught to Mastazu. The first priority was to go to the Fuego Ironworks to get the TM for Flamethrower, plus enough shards to trade Emolion away and teach it Superpower with the help of a Move Tutor.

The next priority was to Surf south of Sandgem Town, fighting many Swimmers. However, Joe was dissapointed to find nothing worthwhile, and found some workers still constructing stuff. After that was some surfin' south of that seven star restaraunt for some goodies and battles. Due to how annoying some of the Water types were, Joe gave the Move Releaner a "honest to goodness Heart Scale" to teach Ghostfreak Thunderpunch.

Last up was to explore west of Celestial, and found a guy who kept saying he was strong for a long period of time. Joe startled him and gave him the TM for Psych Up. Another trainer was going to show him owl best. Get it? Owl- our, so hilarious.

Finally it was time to get to Canalave City. The trainers along the way were mostly fisherman bored out of their minds. But there was an ambush as Dawn's father, who was also a stalker, gave Joe's Pokedex an upgrade. After several attempts to quench a police officer's thirst, our hero reached Canalave City. After healing, he wanted to go to the other side except Ron ran up to him and battled!
;405;;315;;356;;469;;340;;229; V.S. ;398;;407;;078;;214;;395;​
Whoa, Ron's been doing some training! And hacking because he has an underleveled Rapidash. Loser. Emolion fought Staraptor, and the two Intimidated each other. Staraptor missed with Take Down, and Emolion Sparked bringing it down to like 1 HP. Ron shows off his "intelligence" and tells it to use Take Down, taking itself down while not doing much to Emolion. Smooth move, Ron. Worthy to be named Ron Stoppable and Ron Weasely.

Rapidash was up next, and it fought Demolosse. It just whipped its tail after it took a Hidden Power Rock, and fainted after another one. The big starter boss Empoleon was next, and Ghostfreak battled it. It was a throw of Bubblebeams and Thunderpunches, but Ghostfreak's massive Defense helped it win and pulled it through. Demolosse came out again to burn down Roserade. Heracross was taken down with just one Air Cutter from Stinkfly. Ron ran away, but still bragging because he had his 6th badge.

Steph Shion

Ground Gym Leader
I was really bored, and I went to the Game Corner... and when I got the Clefairy it was shiny... Is that normal? I normally get the Dittofairy...

Hilijix

Back in Blue
I was really bored, and I went to the Game Corner... and when I got the Clefairy it was shiny... Is that normal? I normally get the Dittofairy...

Sort of. It can happen, but it's pretty rare. If it comes up you usually get a lot higher streaks then the others.

Joe took a boat (he was on a boat!) to Iron Island to do some training with this weird guy Riley. He first got the HM for Strength, and in the end fought some Galactic Goons. He also received a Riolu egg, plus found a Shiny Stone! It was quickly used to let Rosemon reach her final form- Roserade!

After a boat ride back, it was then time to face the sixth gym! It goes vertically, but is a bit odd when you consider that you face quite a few Steelix. Also everyone has Magnemite that should be a Magneton by now. Something a bit sad was even after a Spark and Superpower Emolion could not defeat a Scizor... He needed a Protein. Similarly even after evolving, Rosemon couldn't OHKO a Magnemite. Nevertheless, it was time for a fight against...

Durable Defense Loving Daddy of Dirt
BYRON
VSByron.png

;405;;407;;356;;469;;340;;229; V.S. ;082;;208;;411;​

Bye bye Ron, buh bye! Ghostfreak went against Magneton. Both threw around Brick Breaks and Thunderbolts, but the Dusclops barely beat it. Bastiodon somehow lived an Earthquake from Mastazu, and ironed itself up with Iron Defense. A Surf attack ended it. Steelix fell to a few Energy Balls from Rosemon, while being able to set up a Sandstorm. Byron healed it, but after even more Energy Balls it fell to the rose, giving Joe the badge!

HanoiRose

NIPPON BONZAI!
Yesterday night, just before going to bed, I migrated my lovely shiny Charmander from FireRed to Diamond. Today I EV'd it and have so far leveled it to lv. 59. It has a Jolly nature, and it's final moveset is gonna be: Flare Blitz, Swords Dance, Earthquake and Fire Blast/Overheat. It took me about 4 weeks of SRing to get this beautiful beast and I was kinda hoping I would get a Spec. Attack boosting nature, but meh. It's still a shiny so can't complain :)

Here are it's IVs if someone is interested:

HP: 0-1 :-(
Attack: 27-28 :-D
Defense: 21 :)
Special Attack: 14-15 meh...
Spec. Defense: 25-26 :)
Speed: 28-29 :-DD

Pretty good for a shiny I think :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, and it's nickname is Ancalagon

Hilijix

Back in Blue
It turned out Ron was waiting right outside the gym and forced the protagonist to go to the library. Once there, Joe did not even try to open the super-detailed books inside, and went to the top. For some reason, it was a gathering of Joe, Ron, Dawn, and Rowan. They were all assigned to go to lakes, and then an Earthquake randomly occurred! And it was NOT Mastazu's doings, either. On TV, which happened to be live, it showed a puff of smoke. Everyone evaculated, though Joe got a chuckle from the receptionist who was lying about being scared.

A sailor talked to the group outside, referring to them as "old dude and kids!" It turned out all that happened was noise. So Joe ran off to the eastmost lake, and it turned out all the water has been dried up, and there were Magikarps flopping around. But what about all the other Water types? Like Psyduck or Goldeen? Where did they go? Joe rolled in completely unaposed, beating up Galactic Goons along the way, and then met a poor grunt who was fooled into guarding the entrance. He did a really bad job at it, too. So our protagonist went inside and found a blue-haired person, who was an Admin named Saturn, who fought him.

Ghostfreak did an epic battle with Golbat, involving confusion and hitting yourself in confusion, until the bat fell to a Thunderpunch. Bronzor was next, and was burned by Demolosse. Toxicroak was OHKO'd by Rosemon's Extrasensory. So all the Grunts fled, before directing Joe to go to the lake by Twinleaf. After a quick flight, he found the grunts being beat up by Prof. Rowan's mustache. Dawn sadly couldn't even beat Mars, and the two were called a lovey dovey couple to the rescue. JoeXDawn Shipping is the new JimmyXLyra Shipping!

Mastazu took on the Golbat, who was also taking tons of Confusion damage, at least until it froze the bat and defeated it. Bronzor was once again taken down by Demolosse. Purugly was destroyed by a Spark and Superpower from Emolion. Those goons left, and Rowan instruced Joe to go toward Snowpoint.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
Rosemon had to be temporarily benched for the quest to Snowpoint. She's not a fan of the cold, anyway. A Bibarel with Strength was brought on in place of her. Then, Joe entered Mt. Coronet from west of Celestial Town. Our hero was smart and bought plenty of Max Repels, not caring about how Super ones cost less. The road was even fogged up ahead, but our hero didn't let Stinkfly defog the fog because then it would be a waste of time.

...And Joe was out into the cold. He was completely fine with it, because jeans and a jacket is good enough while the regulars were dressed in several layers of clothing. The trainers were rather annoying, but there was a rest stop partway there. Even past that, Joe encountered Maylene! She was going to see the next gym leader, and due to her awesome powers of a gym leader, she also didn't need layers of clothes, plus she could pass regular trainers without needing a fight. An intense snowstorm was ahead, forcing Joe to walk amazingly slowly. He managed to find the HM for Rock Climb though.

Even after getting past the snowstorm, he found Ron on a Rock Climbable mountain about to fight some Galactic goons. He ignored him for now to reach Snowpoint City. Maylene was in the Pokemon Center, and some healing and rotating, it was time to face the seventh gym! The gym was very fun actually- full of slipping and sliding into snowballs. The battles were full of hax however. Two Pokemon of Joe's were frozen, but Stinkfly got the 10% boost of everything twice in a row! After braving the bold ice, Joe encountered...

Interesting Icy Lady Indicating Illeism
CANDICE
VSCandice.png

;405;;407;;356;;469;;340;;229; V.S. ;215;;221;;460;;478;​

The fact that she refers herself in third person is a mistranslation- Someone using their own name instead of I means they are feminine, while over here that makes them look dumb... Culture differences are weird like that. Enough about that, Mastazu took some trouble against Sneasel, being healed after a Hyper Potion and getting attacked Faintly. It still won after a Surf and an Earthquake. Abomasnow came out next and got Flamethrowered by Demolosse. Piloswine was taken down with one Energy Ball from Rosemon. Lastly, and anticlimactically, Demolosse took down my favorite Pokemon, Froslass, with a Flamethrower. Even with Snow Cloak it still hit. Joe won his seventh badge afterwards!

Jriks

currently at eterna forest, just killing stuff with Cheryl's Chansey and waiting till its night so I can catch a Misdreavus.

Team now:
Monferno: 16
Piplup: 14 (its starting to disobey me cause its traded)
Shinx: 14
Budew: 19 (evolve already!!!!)
Staravia:16
Bidoof: HM slave

Status
Not open for further replies.