• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

goinGreen

<-I herd u Liek me?
I finally completed my Sinnoh Dex by catching Azelf, Uxie, Rotom, and trading for a Porygon2 yesterday. The guy who I traded with for the Porygon2 then asked for my beloved Lv. 64 Gliscor, and in return gave me a japanese lv. 100 Movie Regigigas. I traded, but only because I wanted to have access to the three regis and then my own regigigas. I figured I could transfer a Razor Fang from PBR, and I could find a better natured Gliscor anyway (the first had perfect defense IVs with a defense boosting nature, I'm looking for attack.)

I then got the lunar wing, saved the child, and went to the haunted hotel place to find Darkrai... I'm gonna soft reset for a shiny so that I have two shiny darkrai, one for trading and one for keeping.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Challenged Wake at the Pastoria Gym and got my 4th badge. Travelled through route 212, and making my way to Celestic town.

Gym battle:
Rotom vs. Gyarados
Rotom Wins
Alakazam vs. Floatzel
Alakazam wins.
Grotle vs. Quagsire
Grotle wins.

Pretty easy win. Grotle evolved into Torterra at the end.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Just completed the National Dex save for Arceus, as he'll have to wait until Nov 7. After trading for a Bold 10ANIV Celebi and a TRU Regigigas, I caught the other three Regi's and reached 492/492. Got a Bronze trainer card, but still working on a Master Rank Super Contest, but I keep losing to either Fantina and Loony or Jasmine and Rusty (BTW, since when has Jasmine ever been interested in contests?).

What do I need to do for another Star at the Battle Frontier, is it win all gold or 100 win streak at the Battle Tower?

Also started breeding for a Ground mono on my second Platinum, but first I need to beat it to catch Darkrai and Shaymin, and then I'll get another Shaymin from the ground mono playthrough. Can I catch Darkrai/Shaymin right after I beat the E4 or do I need to beat the Mt. Stark part?

Last edited:

-MX-

@foxyman: 1) It's 100 win streak at the Battle Tower
2) After you receive the National Dex, with the proper items, you can go catch Darkrai and Shaymin.

---
All I've done so far is start a breeding project. The project is to get a Timid or Modest Houndour, EV it, and use it competitively. I'm also working on getting a second in-game team to work. So far I have a Trapinch and Electrike... Still need a few others.

Last edited:

Chimecho3000

Got really lucky and found a Feebas tile (Platinum). :)

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
Platinum Journey Post 103

I have finished EV training my Impish Mudkip (now a Marshtomp) and might head over to the Battle Frontier and collect my last two Gold Prints. If I don't do that, I will probably breed for another Bagon since I just realized my old one from a long time ago had horrible IVs.

I am currently working on building another competitive team since I have nothing better to do. There's a good chance that I will take a break from team building because of the fact that I partially have a life.

I've defeated the fifth gym leader. I'm having trouble deciding which 4th gen Pokemon I should choose as the last member of my team. I was thinking it would be a ground type since they are immune to electric attacks, but I don't know of any that I can get soon. If not, I may go with Croagunk or Cranidos.

K-B-K

I did my 1,000,000,000,000th restart recently. This my my LAST ever Platinum save before I get SS in Spring so until then I'll just be using this save to fill the Pokemon void.

I'm in Hearthome City with quite an under trained team but that will change soon. I have made a few poffins but they sucked, got Eevee but I am quite unsure of what to do with it. I had a stroll around with my Monferno called Flarezo in Amity. I've really got to train hard if I'm to even go near the gym...

TEAM:

Gastly, Lv. 21.
Note: I am not a Gastly fan but Haunter is always great.

Buizel, Lv. 20.
Note: Buizel is my secret weapon. I love it, and since I chose Chimchar, I won't have to worry about Loserface having one. xD

Aipom, Lv. 20.
Note: I went through 7 honey trees to get Aipom and I don't regret it. Aipom and then Ambipom is awesome. =D

Eevee, Lv. 20.
Note: Don't know yet. lol.

Flarezo, Lv.21.
Note: Monferno until he dies. No way would I let him evolve into that ugly Infernape. lol. Flarezo is great. :)

gliscor

*BAD ROMANCE*
On my platinum Version
i just arrived at snow point after i beat byron with plenty of ease
and i plan to train all 6 pokemon on my team to level 50 before i even step foot in the gym.

Last edited:

-MX-

I just got a Mild Houndour. It's not exactly what I wanted but its pretty good. I also went to the Judge and he said it has an excellent IV in Special Attack. This one is a keeper.

Super Saiyan 3 Goku

Pearl update:

After beating all 8 gym leaders, I figures it was time to level up my team. I beat all of the trainers within Victory Road, so I decided to let my Empoleon get some experience beatin' up rock and fighting types. So I got him up to Lv 60. I wanted to train my Scyther to level 60 as well, so I took her up to Snowpoint and trained her up to Lv 60 as well. I also wanted a Machamp and a Scizor to use against the Elite Four, so, it was complicated. I wanted to trade my Machoke to Platinum, so it could 1: Evolve into a Machamp, and 2: It could learn Thunderpunch from the Move Tutor, a good way to beat those Golbat in Victory Road.

So I traded it over to Platinum, got the Thunderpunch, and traded my newly evolved Machamp back to pearl, so he will be the next to train. The next was my Scyther, which took some trading. I needed to get it over to Diamond, which had a Metal Coat, but I couldn't because I use my Platinum in my DS Lite and Diamond/Pearl in my old DS, and I can't use Pearl in my DS Lite, so I traded my Scyther to Platinum for Magby, trade it to Diamond for my Metal Coat-holding Psyduck, and I forgot to take off the Metal Coat, so I had to trade it back, take it off, trade over Pcyther, give Pcyther Metal Coat, then trade Magby back to Platinum and Scizor back to Pearl. Confused? Yeah, me too.

Platinum update:

All I did in Platinum was update my team a little. I trained my Kyogre to Lv 100 (Yay! ^^) and decided it was time to take out my Darkrai and Mew from the Day Care. So I took 'em out, and put in Venesaur and Charizard. Taught Mew Fly because I didn't feel like taking out my Skarmory just to fly somewhere, since I'm just going to train in the Battleground, and do my daily stuff in Sinnoh. The only reason I needed my Bibaral was for using Rock Climb, just to go to Stark Mountain and train my water and ground-types.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Platinum Update: I played it for a few minutes yesterday. I was doing pokeradar for nidorinos looking for either Modest Adamant Jolly or TImid. Gonna raise it after amourauge (my anorith)

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Haven't done much lately. I caught and evolved a Krabby named Barragan (crown-like horns, oversized weapon, and "King" in its name... do the math.), as well as a Machop named Chopper.

RedMoogleXIII

Team Rocket Trainer
I finally got the second Shiny Eevee with Hidden Power ICE and thses IVs
31/22/30/31/31/31

Will becomes another Jolteon

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
Platinum Journey Post 104

I decided to play my DS when I got home and decided to do some Contests. I took out my Milotic and played around in a Master Rank Beauty contest and won (the new contest music in Platinum is horrible). That makes three stars on my Trainer Card. All I need is to complete the National Dex and get a 100 win streak in the Battle Tower.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I heard about the Masuda method, and I had hatched 300 Roselia and 200 Porygon eggs in my Diamond file, but I did not hatch a shiny.

Then, I moved all my Dittos and all my target shiny parents to Platinum and decided to try the Masuda method there. First up was Horsea. It took about a week, but I managed to collect 450 eggs, some of which hatched during the collection process. Today, I moved into the boxes that were full of eggs, and what should hatch but...

116.png

Female, Timid, Sniper Ability, nicknamed Crystal​

The method actually works!! Plus, a Timid nature, wow. That is a great nature for a Kingdra! So, wow, a great nature and shiny?! Sweet! :D

Trillian

The hoopy frood
Finished levelling up my team to lv. 56 today:

Dragonite
Honchkrow
Blastoise
Infernape
Vespiquen
Yanmega

After that, I took this new team to turnback cave and caught giratina (no masterball used!). Now I'm ready to start on the next pokédex team (I was thinking of doing the two new eeveelutions, but in the end I just evolved them and left them, so their info is in the dex anyway). The team looks as follows:

Misdreavus
Larvitar
Horsea
Togepi
Cranidos
Sneasel

Should be interesting; out of this line-up I've only ever trained horsea before, and even then I gave up before she evolved!

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I got a rash natured nidorino with good stats in atack and speed so i decided to raise it instead in Platinum. My norith finally evolved into rmldo nd after i worked on nidorino in speed for a bit i used a moonston on it ^_^. SO it is now nidoking and after speed is maxed out im plnning on mking nidoking mixed ^_^

Splitzman

Bad to the Horn
I've mainly been trying to complete/raise the obtained amount to 400 (7 or 9) left to go! I brought in a Jynx, Slugma, Phanpy, Farfetch'd, Natu, and Heracross. Also, I may challenge the Battle Tower again and defeat Palmer with a team of BL's and UU"s. Before I forget, I captured a shiny Zubat (and I already got a shiny Crobat u_u). Whatever, but it is a sweet find.

Status
Not open for further replies.