• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazing Charmander

I actually tried my hand at some of the Battle Frontier's facilities the other day on Platinum, seeing as I recently defeated the Elite 4 for a second time with my main in-game team. First I attempted the Battle Hall, which I didn't realise entailed the participant entering one Pokemon and choosing their opponent's type. I got up to about an 18-streak on that with my Gliscor before being defeated and turned my attention to the Battle Tower. I knew that it would take a streak of 21 matches unbeaten for the Tower Tycoon to pay attention, so I first entered with Gliscor, Azumarril and Electivire and then planned on using Infernape, Staraptor and Leafeon in my next seven battles so that I could use my first three Pokemon again in the round of battles that i'd have to face Palmer. However, I didn't realise that i'd already completed 7 matches, so I actually had to go up against Palmer with 'Team 2'.

Needless to say, I failed spectacularly.

Cosmar

< Aww.
US Platinum: Leveled Charizard and Armaldo to Level 100, and maxed Swellow's happiness. EV-trained a Turtwig and a Croconaw since they were the only starters (not counting starters from the spin-offs) in my PC that I hadn't trained. They're currently Level 50 and have reached their final stage.

I'm also raising my Staraptor's happiness.

2Percent-Miltank

.::dreamwalker::.
When I last posted, I believe I may have mentioned that I owned 30 Pokemon, despite having only one badge. Well, I have since condensed that number.

I released over half of my Pokemon, for a few reasons. The first being that it was taking far too long, longer than I imagined, to raise them all to similar levels. I had hoped that as they individually became stronger, raising their levels would become easier, but I was...knida wrong. Dx

And so I felt terrible having my Pokemon spent most of their time in the PC Boxes and only being able to be out exploring to world with me rather briefly. So I saw this as giving my precious Pokemon a chance to flourish in the wild, doing as they please without being trapped in the Boxes for lengthy amounts of time. Also, some of them had natures that were not equipped for fighting, and I didn't want to force them into battle when they truly did not enjoy it.

The second reason was that I plan to get HeartGold when it comes out in the U.S., and a good chunk of the Pokemon I released were Pokemon I hoped to train in Johto. So, I decided to leave myself with an element of surprise for that game and thus released Pokemon I might want for my Johto journey, as I don't normally like to have more than one Pokemon from the same species, unless one is shiny and the other is not, or something.

Some of the Pokemon I've kept I can obtain in Johto, but at fairly late stages in the game (at least, late in the first half), so I decided to keep them for now, though I may ultimately release them as well and keep only those I can't obtain in HeartGold (except for my shiny Chikorita :D).

So right now I'll just train my Pokemon, and then head off towards Eterna City.

Aesir22

Pt:
Still busy trying to complete the pokedex. Currently levelling up Growlithe so i can evolve it to Arcanine. Just re-battled 3 gymleaders in the trainer cafe at the survival area. Now battling the trainers in the restaurant at route 213. Going to catch 2 more abras to get the line complete.

venra77

Wifi battler
umm i still looking for a speed boost timid yanma been llokin 3 days now :/

Padfootismine

Just caught a Drowzee, as Iam planning to catch whatever the swarm Pokemon is eachday.

venra77

Wifi battler
restarted on my other platinum started with turtwig currently in jubilife

Started breeding Dratinis yesterday.

Now I have 2 of the right nature and sent them over to my diamond for a rare candy buffet. Now I have a Dragonair with flawkess attack and speed but less than 5 in every other stat. The other one has 3 stats with 30, 2 with 20+ and 16 in speed. Which one do you think I should use? Im leaning towards the latter and I am sure most others will too but just getting some other opinions.

2Percent-Miltank

Well, after beginning my journey through Sinnoh with 30 Pokemon, I am now officially down to six. Ahaha, I find it kind of silly how I thought I could raise 30 Pokemon equally as I traveled through the region. No way man. =P So I've released 24 of them back to the wild, and here's my team now:

Navi (Shiny Chikorita) ;152;
Level 12
Male
Calm Nature

Camellia (Bulbasaur) ;001;
Level 11
Female
Bashful Nature

Nova (Charmander) ;004;
Level 10
Male

Orpheus (Squirtle) ;007;
Level 10
Male

Vasuki (Gible) ;443;
Level 10
Female
Brave Nature

Vari (Eevee) ;133;
Level 10
Male

As you can see, I can't remember three of my Pokemon's natures. I be a bad trainer. Dx Ahaha. Anyways, we're in Floaroma Town now, making our way towards Eterna Forest. Fwee~

Padfootismine

Currently being irritated by bloody Pikachu and Raichu's in the 8th gym, because of their Static. I kill them in one hit, and they paralyze me.

DarkerShining

Platinum: After playing Explorers of Sky for a while, I've decided to go back to Platinum now. Since the last time I posted here, I've managed to obtain a Murkrow and a Misdreavus from two young friends of mine and upgraded my flag in the underground to a platinum flag.

I've finished training a Lucario I began training a while ago, he's ready to participate in Battle frontier battles now. Also, my Magnezone is currently level 69.

AlexKZ

Today I decided to go to Gamestop and get a PCP. I'm currently resetting for IVs.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Everytime I read this thread I always get the urge to restart my Platinum file, but I'm a bit skeptical because I want to finish my current file, and I have 6 badges, but I don't really want to....

The team I'm thinking about this team;

Ponyta -> Magmortar
Psyduck -> Milotic
Budew -> Abomasnow
Kricketot -> Togekiss
Misdreavus -> Hippowdon
Hoothoot -> Gallade

As I travel along in Sinnoh, I'm gonna swap in new members when they become available in the wild.

I've just kinda lost interest in my current file, so I'm gonna restart.

2Percent-Miltank

My team and I just beat Gardenia in the Eterna City Gym! =D So here's my team so far:

;153; Navi Lv. 16
;002; Camellia Lv. 17
;005; Nova Lv. 16
;008; Osiris Lv. 16
;443; Vasuki Lv. 16
;133; Vari Lv. 15

So now I suppose we'll head out towards Hearthome City, ater kicking some Galactic butt first. =P

I'm also struggling with what to have my Eevee, Vari, evolve into. I would love an Umbreon, but I kind of want to save my Umbreon for HeartGold. So I'm leaning towards either Espeon or Glaceon. Yarr, decisions~

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
Platinum Journey Post 131

My Pokedex is almost complete. I've been evolving Pokemon to fill it up. As of now, I only need 100 Pokemon left. I'll make a spoiler list of the Pokemon I need.

Seen: 450 Caught: 393

100 left
Butterfree
Beedrill
Nidoran F
Nidorina
Nidoqueen
Nidoran M
Nidorino
Nidoking
Parasect
Venonat
Persian
Mankey
Primeape
Slowpoke
Slowbro
Dodrio
Grimer
Muk
Hypno
Kingler
Electrode
Marowak
Omastar
Kabutops
Mewtwo
Sentret
Furret
Ledyba
Spinarak
Crobat
Lanturn
Flaaffy
Ampharos
Hoppip
Skiploom
Jumpluff
Sunkern
Sunflora
Umbreon
Slowking
Wobbufet
Granbull
Houndoom
Donphan
Stantler
Smeargle
Hitmontop
Miltank
Blissey
Poochyena
Linoone
Lotad
Lombre
Ludicolo
Seedot
Nuzleaf
Shiftry
Masquerain
Vigoroth
Slaking
Nincada
Ninjask
Shedinja
Whismur
Loudred
Exploud
Hariyama
Sableye
Mawile
Manectric
Swalot
Sharpedo
Torkoal
Grumpig
Zangoose
Seviper
Lunatone
Solrock
Baltoy
Claydol
Cradily
Armaldo
Shuppet
Wynaut
Glalie
Spheal
Walrein
Cranidos
Rampardos
Wormadam
Mothim
Vespiquen
Cherrim
Ambipom
Drifblim
Lopunny
Lickilicky
Tangrowth
Glaceon
Probopass

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Well I decided on a new team, and just finished breeding them all today.

Modest Chikorita
Mild Cyndaquil
Adamant Totodile
Modest Mareep
Adamant Phanpy
Adamant Teddiursa

I just traded the eggs over, hatched them, and currently training them.

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
Platinum Journey Post 132

As of now, I'm working on evolving a lot of Pokemon. This is so I don't have to worry about it later. My plan is to finish the Pokedex before the American release of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Seen: 453 Caught: 404

89 left
Butterfree
Beedrill
Nidoran F
Nidorina
Nidoqueen
Nidoran M
Nidorino
Nidoking
Parasect
Venonat
Persian
Mankey
Primeape
Slowpoke
Slowbro
Dodrio
Grimer
Muk
Hypno
Electrode
Marowak
Omastar
Kabutops
Mewtwo
Sentret
Furret
Ledyba
Spinarak
Crobat
Lanturn
Flaaffy
Ampharos
Hoppip
Skiploom
Jumpluff
Sunkern
Sunflora
Slowking
Wobbufet
Granbull
Donphan
Stantler
Smeargle
Hitmontop
Miltank
Blissey
Poochyena
Linoone
Lotad
Lombre
Ludicolo
Seedot
Nuzleaf
Shiftry
Masquerain
Nincada
Ninjask
Shedinja
Whismur
Loudred
Exploud
Hariyama
Sableye
Mawile
Manectric
Sharpedo
Torkoal
Grumpig
Zangoose
Seviper
Lunatone
Solrock
Baltoy
Claydol
Cradily
Armaldo
Shuppet
Wynaut
Glalie
Spheal
Cranidos
Rampardos
Mothim
Vespiquen
Cherrim
Ambipom
Lopunny
Lickilicky
Glaceon

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I restarted my Platinum earlier yesterday, chose the girl, named myself Jenny, and my rival Will. Talked to Mom and then to Will, eventually spoke to Rowan. I chose Piplup just at random, and defeated my rival. Went to the lake, and then spoke to Rowan again. Got TM27, and got the PokeBalls. Caught some random pokemon, traded over the eggs, and hatched them. Trained them up as I traveled to Jubilife City. Got the Town Map, Poketch, and Vs. Recorder, and defeated the Trainer School trainers. I wish they still gave out TM10.... After defeating my rival with Phanpy, I saved.

Chikorita lvl 11
Cyndaquil lvl 11
Totodile lvl 11
Mareep lvl 11
Phanpy lvl 11
Teddiursa lvl 11

Aesir22

Pt:
Still busy completing my pokedex..Caught 2 geodudes..searching for an adamant male to complete the geodude line. Went to the underground earlier this day and found a couple of fossils, stones and a meadow plate. Currently busy finding the adamant geodude in the maniac tunnel. *hopes that a shiny pops up while searching for the geodude*.

Status
Not open for further replies.