• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkerShining

Platinum: It's been a while, I've mostly been playing Soul Silver lately. Now that I've bred a female Chikorita with leech seed that I will send over to Platinum, I've began playing Platinum so I can breed a Chimchar in exchange for the Chikorita. First however, I'm going to hatch a Natu egg I had earlier sent over to Platinum in order to have the spiky eared Pichu to Soul Silver. Currently hatching the Natu egg.

Pearl: Been harvesting lucky eggs from wild chansey by teaching my Marowak the technique thief. I only go back to pearl every once in a while. I am addicted to heart gold and soul silver.

MissFrederick

Well today (at 1am,) I was hatching a Miltank egg (bred from a Miltank I got from the GTS,) and she hatched at 1am. I named her 'Sayori' (it's a Japanese girl's name with the meaning 'born at night' and she was, so it made sense.)

I then went about catching some Pokemon that I didn't have yet 2 Snorunts (one for Glalie and one for Froslass,) Sunkern (for Pokedex,) Caterpie, and Elekid. That's all so far.

I then went to the Veilstone Game Corner for a round of gambling. But I was hit by a massive stroke of luck, and for the first time ever, got 10 interrupted bonus rounds (well, I actually got 11.) I've got the Explosion but I won't using it. It's too risky (it makes your Pokemon faint, and it runs the risk of missing.) So that will be saved for a trade I think.

DarkerShining

Platinum: Well, I've been filling up a few more pages in my Pokedex (Currently: 425 seen, 305 obtained) by training and evolving some of my Pokemon, including the Natu and the Chikorita I traded over from Soul Silver. Currently in the process of EV training a Beldum. Also, my Swellow is almost level 100, so she's almost ready for the Battle frontier. I'm also thinking of starting up my Heart Gold game soon, and eventually have a Cyndaquil bred and sent over to Platinum. One of my friends have already promised me a Totodile, so I assume that if he has Heart Gold or Soul Silver, we might be able to take care of that next time we meet. Then I'll finally have all the starters from all the regions in my game.

-MX-

Today is Sunday and I was bored after taking notes for a research project, so I picked up my second Platinum and started a file. I did all the usual stuff, picked Chimchar, and now I'm on Route 201. I'm not sure of who I'll include on my team, so I'll just put it together as I go along.

EDIT: I've decided to search for a Nosepass and use that. Perhaps I'll add either Tropius or Tangrowth later on.

Last edited:

gamerdude123

my first shiny
got platinum for my b-day and i started play and i got just past cycling road and now grinding to lv 30 yea i know its ower kill for ghost lady but oh well i hate her...

team
staravia
LV:25

gible
LV:17

grotle
LV:27

Cyndaquil luber

Started new file on pearl. Got to eterna forest and a shiny wurmple appears. I was afraid the chansey would faint it but in the end it didn't so this is my first shiny!!

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Realised I didn't have a Dragon Scale for my Kingdra, so I found one of a wild Horsea pretty quickly with my CompoundEyes Yanma and my Frisk/Thief Bannette.

On a side note, this thread has been very inactive, much less than the HGSS thread. I know they're the newest games, but just putting it out there.

Pokemon Trainer Brandon

Trainer of all types
Started playing my Diamond game again. Today at (11:20 pm) I am getting ready to explore Stark Mountain. Earlier, I was training my Kirlia and evolved him into a Galade with the Dawn stone. I caught a Camerupt (lvl 55) outside of Stark Mountain.

I've been very busy playing through Emerald the past few days, and I decided to go ahead and start a new Platinum game as well. The save slot has been empty for a while now, so it's about time I gave it some attention.

I will be playing Platinum and Emerald simultaneously, so the updates will probably be far between.

As for now though, my progress is laughable at best. I chose a Turtwig as my starter, and I caught all four available Pokemon before I headed to Jubilife. Right now, I'm parked next to the trainer school.

The next update will contain a whole lot more progress.

Weavile.nl

Proud to be Dutch
Caught a Modest Shaymin today with Hidden Power Ice, 31 Spe IV's and 1 SpA IV :(

Ill stil keep im i think, got it on the 6th reset lol

barath

I got bored with HG, so quitting it.. starting platinum..

chose chimchar as starter. nickname chimp
Caught a shinx (F) , nickname rex on route 202.. Currently in jublife city

team chimp lvl 11
Rex lvl 4

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Failed to get 49 wins in the Battle Arcade once again, so I'm going to raise a Garchomp and see if I can finally get my Gold Print.

barath

lots of changes happened for me :D

from jublife city, went to oreburgh city, defeated the gym there.. then was floarama town, defeated galactic, rex and chimp evolved :D , caught a buizel in valley windworks[weasy], then crossed eterna forest with ease.. defeated eterna gym with my strong chimp :), defeated the galactic HQ, now currently in cycling road

see my sig for team

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Was thinking of restarting Platinum. But decided against it (especially since I'd lose my two gold symbols), and instead, am aiming to dust off Wuvdisc and get it as many ribbons as physically possible.

I am currently obtaining my nineteenth as I speak. Many more on the way hopefully :)

KGB13

Man of Mystery
GAHHHH! After losing in the Battle Arcade once again, I decided to try my hand at Shiny Hunting with the Pokeradar for the first time. I was on Route 222 chaining Skitty when all of a sudden...my chain is broken by a shiny Luxio who freakin Roar'd my Marowak and me away!!! I was deeply saddened...

I'm going to try again tonight though. My goal is to get either a shiny Skitty, Electubuzz, Luxio, Floatzel, or Pelipper. Wish me luck!

I also obtained all the Weekly Ribbons for my Lickilicky. He now has 23 ribbons.

barath

Woah.. i almost have a full team, got a female eevee at hearthome city :D, evolved it into umbreon.. egg hatched to togepi.. then got a abra from a trade in jublife city evolved into kadabra.. did lots of training.. all are lvl 27 now.. weasy evolved ;), on the way to solaceon town..

see my sig for team

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Lost to Palmer AGAIN. If his Regigigas didn't have Brightpowder I could quite easily have won. But when EARTHQUAKE misses you know it's not your day.

On the other hand, my Luvdisc now has 23 ribbons. Also, it managed to take out 2/3 of Palmer's silver team by itself :p (And no, I was not moronic enough to keep using Luvdisc after that battle, just to get myself the Ability Ribbon for it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.