• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkerShining

Platinum: Been training my Pokemon and slowly filling pages in my Pokedex. I am also working on my little project with some of my GBA games so I can soon transfer the three regi's and three other Pokemon to Platinum, and so I can finally go catch Regigigas. Regirock and Regice are ready, and I'm currently working on obtaining a Registeel. I will also soon begin EV training of a Totodile I recently obtained in a trade. My Pokedex is currently at 433 seen, 329 obtained.

Janovy

Banned
Chapter III - Pt. Adventure

- Managed to defeat the Karate Quad and made my way towards Maylene.
- Won my fourth Cubble badge and a TM (Drain Punch) with it as always.
- Helped Dawn to get her Pokedex back.
- I met Looker and obtained HM02 (Fly)
- I taught my Staravia the move Fly.
- Staravia evolved in Staraptor. :D
- Grotle evolved in Torterra.:D
- Trained my team on the way towards Pastoria city.
- Caught a Houndour as my fifth team member.
- Traveled towards Mr. Backlot's mansion.
- Battled the maids in his house training my Houndour.
- Houndour evolved into Houndoom. :)
- Helped that poor lady find her suite key.
- Obtained at least 5 pearls on the beach using Dowsing machine app.
- Arrived safely in Pastoria town.
- Used a Heart Scale to teach my Torterra Wood Hammer.
- I met Barry again before entering the gym.
- My Rotom and Torterra wiped out Wake's Pokemon, but it was actually pretty hard
to achieve.
- Obtained my fifth Fen badge and so the TM Brine.
- That Galactic grunt activated the bomb.
- I chased the strange guy upon encountering Looker again.
- I met Cynthia and obtained the SecretPotion.
- Cured the Psyduck group of their chronic headaches.
- Went towards Celestic to give the Old Charm to Cynthia's granny.
- Trained up my team, again. -.-
- Arrived in Celestic and met Cynthia's grandma.
- Battled the grunt and examined the painting in the cave. Interesting indeed.
- Defeated Cyrus in our very first battle.
- Obtained HM03 (Surf) and gave the Old Charm back to the old lady.
- Floatzel learned Surf.
- I immediately visited all the places reachable only via water routes.
- Went on west approaching Canalave.
- Defeated Barry on the bridge. He still thinks he has a chance? :D
- Did a trip on Iron Island.
- Met this guy Riley and obtained HM04 (Strenght).
- Partnered up with him and toughened my team.
- I declined to take the egg, actually I didn't have any space left.
- I've challenged the steel gym.
- Wiped out everyone with Houndoom and his Flamethrower, and of course with a small
help of Floatzel.
- Obtained my fifth badge and a TM, Light Cannon.
- Went to that guy who teaches moves for shards, and he taught my Floatzel Ice Punch.
- Met up with Barry, Dawn and Rowan at the library.
- After the explosion I headed on the lake Valor.
- Defeated Saturn and his grunts.
- Flied towards lake Verity to assist Dawn.
- Defeated Mars and saved my love (Dawn).
- Headed towards north for Acuity lake and the Snowpoint city.
- Saved my progress in a heavy snowstorm.
- Obtained HM08 Rock Climb.
- Challenged Candice to a battle and won my seventh Icicle badge.
- Obtained Avalanche with it.
- Encountered Jupiter and Barry at the lake. Seems like poor Barry lost.
- Headed towards Veilstone and I met up with Looker.
- Broke into the building with his help.
- Met Looker again inside. Lol at Cyrus's speech.
- Found the Galactic Key and later battled Cyrus eventually defeating him.
- WO! A master Ball! 8)
- I defeated Saturn in yet ANOTHER BATTLE. -.-
- I managed to free the pixie trio.
- I've headed towards the Mt. Coronet after stuffing myself with Max Repels.
- Battled my way without problems throughout the peak.
- Battled the first two grunts and pursued towards Cyrus.
- Barry arrived teaming up with me against Jupiter and Mars.
- Jeez, thanks Barry. After healing up my Pokemon (with Barry's help) I approached Cyrus.
- Cyrus used the weird red chain summoning the ancient deities.
- Three mysterious lights hovering over the ancient peak?
- What!? Dialga and Palkia?
- Suddenly, a third creature appears out of the shadows.
- Cyrus is swollen by the the shadow, as a strange portal opens.
- Cynthia arrives telling me about Giratina.
- Curious about the other world, I suddenly leap into the portal together with Cynthia.
- After awhile, I solve the puzzle of the pixies.
- Now I'm able to fight Giratina, but is that Cyrus standing on my way.
- After defeating him, Cynthia healed my Pokemon as I prepared for the ultimate encounter.
- Giratina seems to hover from the shadows.
- And...I use my Master Ball! Thanks Cyrus!
- After capturing Giratina the portal closes sending me and Cynthia home. But what
happened to Cyrus?
- We both arrive in Sendoff Spring in front of a cave.
- I saved my progress after all the excitement and thrill.

Current Team
Male/Level 49
389_torterra_1_m.png

- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Mega Drain
- Razor Leaf

Male/Level 47
398_staraptor_1_m.png

- Take Down
- Aerial Ace
- Close Combat
- Fly

Male/Level 47
419_floatzel_1_m.png

- Surf
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Swift

No Gender/Level 47
rotom.png

- Thunderbolt
- Shock Wave
- Confuse Ray
- Ominous Wind

Male/Level 47
229_houndoom_1_m.png

- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Fang
- Bite

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Been working on some of the unfinished EV'd pokemon, such as an Altaria, Azelf, Infernape, Gallade, Ninjask, and Gyarados. Have been spending most of my time underground, found a load of Shards and Fossils. I want to breed and train a pokemon, but I don't have easy access to Wi-Fi to check IVs. Also working on clearing off the EVs of a Magnezone to see if it has better IVs than the one I EV trained.

FluffyHoundour

So, I decided to pick up Platinum because I became a bit bored with SS/HG. So I chose Turtwig, nicknamed him Sam. I looked at his stat page after I got to Rowan's and discovered he had PokeRus. The second Shinx I caught (first was to save PKRS and is sitting in my PC), was Adament. :3

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
EV trained a Synchronize Timid Alakazam today with x/x/x/31/x/31. Also just hatched a Bold Wish Vaporeon with 31/x/30/28/31/x. Gonna EV train it tonight.

ZekromS Master

how do u ev train stuff? ive red up on it but i dont fully understand also getting platnium in 1 week :D

DarkerShining

Platinum: Still training my Pokemon, slowly filling up pages in my Pokedex. My Totodile has evolved into Croconaw, and again into Feraligatr. My Pokedex is now at 435 seen, 331 obtained. I'm also almost ready to transfer the three Regis (and three other Pokemon I need for my Pokedex) to Platinum so I can finally go awaken Regigigas. I just need to capture one more Pokemon before I do so.

DamienGoldfish

<--Shiny Ono is Epic
I haven't posted here before but something good happened so I will just post from where I am now.

After almost a month of SRing, I finally found a shiny Giratina, and Masterballed it, I am so happy all that work payed off. :)

I am currently heading towards Sunyshore, my team as of now.

Torterra Level 45
Staraptor Level 46
Luxray Level 46
Tentacruel Level 47
Porygon-Z Level 48

Will update when I get further.

yeminied

how do u ev train stuff? ive red up on it but i dont fully understand also getting platnium in 1 week :D

Let's talk about this in hearts, like in Zelda.

If you get 4 heart pieces then you will get a full heart.

Each Pokémon will give out either one, two or three heart pieces in any of the six stats. Example:

If you're Pokémon beats a Chimchar then the Pokémon that beat it will gain 1 speed heart piece.

If you're Pokémon beats a Monferno then the Pokémon that beat it will gain 1 speed heart piece and 1 Special Attack heart piece.

If you're Pokémon beats an Infernape then the Pokémon that beat it will gain 1 Speed heart piece, 1 Special Attack heart piece and 1 Attack heart piece.

This means that if you defeat four Monferno's, for example from that Pokémon Ranger on the route below Hearthome City then your Pokémon will get two full hearts, one in Speed and one in Special Attack.

What one heart means is an extra point in a particular stat. Going on from the previous example your Pokémon will have an extra point in both Speed and Special Attack.

This is very useful for competitve battling because it could mean the difference between victory and defeat.

Another thing; a Pokémon can have a maximum of 510 heart pieces in its bank. Also a Pokémon can have a maximum of 255 heart pieces in one particular stat. This translates to a maximum of 63 hearts. This means that a Chimchar that has been fully EV trained in Attack can have an attack stat that is 63 points higher than a Pokémon that hasn't.

Just like the Exp. Share if a Pokémon is holding an Exp. Share but isn't in battle it will gain all of the EV points a Pokémon will give. All Pokémon will gain the maximum EV points as well. EV points are not shared like experience.

If you're Pokémon has PokéRus then it will gain twice the EV points than normal.

If you're Pokémon is holding the Macho Brace then it will also double the EV points a Pokémon gains.

Also the Pokémon vitamins will give 10 EV points to that stat that is says in the description.

Bear in mind, EV points are not turned into a stat as soon as a Pokémon gains a level. It will drip fed the points until there are no more hearts to give out.

I don't think I have covered everything here. Go back to the mainsite and read the guide over and over. Also go to sites like Smogon. I didn't understand it straight away but after reading the guides over and over then you will understand it eventually.

Hope this helps!

DarkerShining

Platinum: Still training Pokemon and filling up my Pokedex. Finally transferred over the three Regis, along with a Koffing, Torkoal and Spinda for my Pokedex. Brought the three regi with me to Snowpoint temple and awakened Regigigas. After weakening it with my Pachirisu, I began throwing ultra balls at it, until it occured to me that I could probably just use a nest ball since Regigigas is level 1 and my Pachirisu is level 100. Easily caught it with the nest ball, and put it and the other regis in Pokemon storage. My Pokedex is now at 439 seen, 339 obtained.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I've been growing the EV reducing Berries like mad lately, since last week I've grown about +50 of each, and I've been EV training a few new pokemon. I've trained a Timid Alakazam, Careful Swampert, Bold Vaporeon, and currently IV breeding for a Bold Gardevoir 31/x/31/+20/+20/+20, so far I have a female Bold Ralts with x/x/31/x/31/x, and a male Ralts with 31/x/x/x/31/x and it knows Will-O-Wisp.

kaorusquee

escaper of reality
I just discovered what my secret ID is, so I decided to try breeding for shinies. I think I must be doing something wrong, because not only am I not being successful, but I put a female Swablu in to be bred with a Ditto. When I pulled the Swablu back out of the daycare, after a failed egg attempt, it now has the gender of male. How did that happen??! So, now I have to get a female Swablu again.

Shiny Espeon0429

^ you sure it wasn't male to begin with?

As for me, I collected my first ever Silver Print by beating Dahlia in the Battle Arcade. I was briefly in trouble against her Ludicolo, but fought back to win.

Also, I realised that for my first ever EV training, I calculated flawlessly. :D

Bulbatordile

Who can say?
Currently breeding Heracross, I havn't raised one in a while so I decided I would. Its taking ages getting one with the right nature and ability. fun fun!

Kyukon_Mars

I caught Uxie a while ago on Pearl. I SRed a few times until I got one with a Bold nature. I just need to catch Azelf and get a Manaphy to complete the National Dex. I also got a Leafeon for my HeartGold Pokedex. I'm working on breeding another Eevee for a Glaceon right now.

I also just got Platinum and I'm working on a scramble challenge. I SRed a bunch of times because I got Chimchar as my starter and I didn't like the natures I got. It was annoying, but I ended up with a Jolly one. Right now it's my only Pokemon besides a Shinx I caught just for trading since I need to trade with my Pearl and HG to get some of my team members.

Dark Arceus

Worst. Name. Ever.
Attempting to take on the Elite 4 with my pitifully underlevelled new team I created. Flareon, Medicham, Weavile, Gyarados, Bronzong and Lumineon (whoese levels are all around 50) cruised through Aaron, but i've got a feeling my lack of Grass and Electric types on my team is going to cost me in the future. Onto Bertha!

Disturbed1

Restarted my Platinum to test a theory that the female sprite is more likely to run into a shiny pokemon (not chained or hacked, just accidently found), than the male. Yes, im aware its not true, but humor me.

Started the game, named myself Andrea, as my middle name is Andrew.

Picked Turtwig, which after three resets, got me a Calm(- Att, +SpDef), with 20+ in both defenses, and a 31 Att IV. Also, it was female.

Made my way through Jubilife and into Oreburgh, fighting as few people as possible. Caught all the wild pokemon able to be caught before getting Oreburgh badge.

Had my wife trade me over a Murkrow egg, as its a flying type I havent used before. Traded over a Exp Share to myself for the murkrow, once its hatched.

Team:
1) Turtwig, Calm, Female, Lv. 15
Razor Leaf, Return, Withdraw, Absorb
Item: Quick Claw

2) Murkrow Egg

Next stop, hatch the egg, beat the gym!

Disturbed1

- Hatched my Murkrow egg. Hardy nature, or something Neutral, dont remember.
- Turtwig swept through Oreburgh gym, which brought Murkrow up to about lvl 9, thanks to the Exp Share I had it hold.
- Fought a bunch of trainers I went passed to level up Murkrow some more.
-Beat Team Galactic at the Wind place, and freed the little girls dad.
-Caught a Buizel for my team, since Ive never used one.
- Went through the forest (HATE having to fight alongside that Chansey).
-Dug up some stuff in the udnerground for awhile. No Fossils though :(
-Murkrow swept second gym easily.

Currently: Trying to get a good nature on Rotom in the forest before moving on, and working on catching pokemon ive missed so far in the forest and honey-trees.

Pokedex: Seen: 41, Caught: 23?
Badges: 2

Team:
Grotle lvl 20
Buizel lvl 20
Murkrow lvl 23

SHINY CATCHER

Epic Snake is Epic!
Went in the underground for about 70-80mins. Managed to get about 10 H-Scales, 15 Evo-Stones and 15-20 other items.

After that I did some EVing on my Spinda and then used the Battleground to level her up. Now I'm planning on chaining whatever swarm Pokemon I get today as I haven't chained in like 2 months.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I've been training up a few EV trained pokemon in my PC that were at about 50, so far I've trained Machamp, Vaporeon, Swampert, Salamence, Dragonite, Gengar, Infernape, Breloom, Altaria, Ninjask, and currently training my Azelf.

I also bred another Breloom with False Swipe and leveled it up to learn Spore, its currently in my second Platinum, in the Daycare, because I didn't enjoy training the first one.

Azelf is currently level 67.

Status
Not open for further replies.