• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkerShining

Platinum: Still working on my Pokedex, I've finished EV training a Dratini and evolved it into Dragonair. My Pokedex count is currently 472 seen, 451 obtained. My Tyranitar is currently level 76, my Dusknoir is level 57 and my Kingdra is level 51.

SilverMorty

Just had the best battle in my SS Normal Monotype challenge. I redid the Elite Four (original team) just for fun and beat Karen using only Dunsparce.

My Dunsparce was lv 51, had Serene Grace and this moveset

-Charge Beam
-AncientPower
-Fire Blast
-Blizzard

I started out with 2 Charge Beams (100% Sp Atk Boost with Serene Grace) on Umbreon. Did Blizzard before it could Double Team further, succesfully freezing it but only left Umbreon with red life (and thawing immediately damn it). Karen used a Full Restore and I used Ancientpower twice, succesfully getting an all stat boost both times to my surprise (even with Serene Grace it rarely happens).

Umbreon finally fainted and Karen sent out Gengar, quickly using Focus Blast on Dunsparce, lowering my Special Defense. Fortunately Dunsparce took it like a champ and retaliated with a +2 Fire Blast, KOing Gengar.

Houndoom came next and was met with an Ancientpower while it used Nasty Plot, which gave me another all stat boost!

Next was Vileplume which fell quickly to a Fire Blast. Lastly was Murkrow- I wanted to save Ancientpower's PP so it fell to one Charge Beam, thus ending the luckiest Dunsparce sweep!

My normal type team is actually pretty fun to use. Another highlight was my fight against Blaine where I use my Intimidate Stantler with Light Screen. It's fast and is guaranteed to set up, and it was fun Intimidating Blaine's team, causing their White Herbs to kick in before they could even use Overheat. Light Screen was very useful after the Overheats, as they grew weaker every time.

I've updated my Stantler to be a Dual Screener, making him hold Light Clay and have both Screens. Should be fun, I've survived Machamp's attacks with just an Intimidate and a Reflect (bar a criticial hit Cross Chop =__=)

Last edited:

jstinftw!

hey trainer
January 21, 2011

Excerpt from Pokemon Trainer Renee's Journal:

Lots of training today. I stuck around Route 207, training my party by battling the trainers there. I was able to evolve Whiskers (Whiscash) here while training, and Chimpy (Infernape) did too! It was so cool.

After everyone, excluding Taro (Togetic) and Chimpy (Infernape), was at about the same level, I decided it was time to move on. After a couple of rebattles along the way, I made my way through the Solaceon Ruins and picked up the items there.

And now we're in the Lost Tower, about to Defog that one floor.

Team Applesauce

Chimpy (Infernape)
Taro (Togetic)
Forina (Leafeon)
Cature (Duskull)
Whiskers (Whiscash)
Birdy (Starly) HM Defog

DarkerShining

Platinum: Still working on my Pokedex and training my Pokemon. Have EV trained my Murkrow now, and I'm still training my Dragonair. My Pokedex count is still at 472 seen, 451 obtained. My Tyranitar is currently level 82, my Dusknoir is level 62 and my Kingdra is now level 59.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
January 22, 2011

Ugh. Tiring day. LOTS of training today. Cature (Duskull) finally evolved! He's a Dusclops now! I leveled Taro (Togetic) up a bit too; along with Forina (Leafeon) and Chimpy (Infernape).

I caught the last member of my team today too! Introducing; Wrecker the Rhyhorn! We have a long way to go, this one, but I'm willing to raise it up. I guess you can say that Wrecker is a replacement for the hole Sticks (Onix) left in team. We'll see....

After that, I did some digging, picked up some nice treasures while in the Underground. Got a nice trash can for my secret base too! And then I made some Poffins, since my team has been working so hard the past couple of days. Get them something yummy for their tummies!

So yah, that was today. Lots of training, a little bit of exploring, some buying and selling, digging, baking and spending time with my Pokemon. A pretty good day, if I may say so myself.

Team Applesauce:
Chimpy (Infernape)
Taro (Togetic)
Forina (Leafeon)
Cature (Dusclops)
Whiskers (Whiscash)
Wrecker (Rhyhorn)

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Trained my EV trained Gallade up to level 100, it was stuck at level 70 for a while. I also SR'd for some great IV'd Entei's from both my Platinum's and SoulSilver, sending them, Latios, and the Hoenn Continent Trio over to my main Platinum. Just waiting for the upcoming Ash's Pikachu/Crown Suicune to start, when I'll fill in any remaining gaps in the Event Boxes.

Currently EV training and leveling a female CM Gardevoir I had IV bred on SoulSilver (Power Items <333333);

31 / x / 31 / 15 / 31 / 09

jaxonferz

Been hatching touros eggs hoping for a shiny but with no luck. Gonna try chaining maybe. Never have been able to but maybe this time will be different.

7 tyranitars

I went to stark mountain on my pokemon platinum and I encountered a shiny Pelliper! it was sort of funny how it happened I was surfing then I encountered, me being not the sharpest knife in the drawer in the morning was like, 'aren't pellipers supposed to have blue not olive green, then I was like wait a sec this is a shiny! got him after 1 dive ball 1 net ball and 5 ultra balls with an ultra ball :) so happy second shiny ever :p even tho I prob won't use this one :p

DarkerShining

Platinum: Still working on my Pokedex, my Pokedex count hasn't changed since my last post. Still training Dragonair and Murkrow so I can evolve them and get two more Pokedex entries. I'm also going to start EV training my second Poliwag soon so I can get a Poliwrath. My Tyranitar is currently level 87, my Dusknoir is level 66 and my Kingdra is level 63.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
January 25, 2011

Slightly busy day. Did a bit of training along the path headed to Pastoria where Wrecker finally evolved into a Rhydon, then headed back to Canalave City. As soon as I crossed the bridge, Nolan jumped out at me and battled me again. I won, thankfully, with each member of my party being able to go one on one with each of his Pokemon.

Then he told me something about Iron Island. It seemed like a good idea, of the Gym Leader trains there, so I headed over. Did lots of training, and got most of my Pokemon to an even level.

I saw Riley and trained with him for a while, while we tried to figure out what was going on with all the wild Pokemon. Then we saw these two Galactic goons and we kicked their butts pretty hard. He tried to give me an egg, but my party was full, so I'll have to go back for that one. I wonder what it is... It's too bad I won't be able to really raise it though, my party's full.

Anyways, this was the best part of today. I was picking up all sorts of items in the area, just because it'd be a waste if I missed some of the left over items. Then I found a Protector and a Shiny Stone!

I gave Wrecker (Rhydon) the Protector, since he seemed to really want it. He almost tackled me for it. That would have been bad. I have Hermes (Togetic) the Shiny Stone, since he seemed a little intrigued by the stone. Then he started glowing. I was so shocked; Hermes evolved into a Togekiss!

So I headed off of Iron Island, and I met this girl from another region. Her name was Charade and she said she was from a place called Johto. She told me that I should trade Wrecker with her, and she'd trade me her Totodile for him. I declined, but she said we'd trade right back. So I reluctantly agreed.

I couldn't believe it. Wrecker evolved again when he got to Charade! She sent me back my new Rhyperior for her Totodile and she asked fro some of my information. Then we parted ways.

Today was a good day.

Team Applesauce
Chimpy (Infernape)
Hermes (Togekiss)
Forina (Leafeon)
Besitos (Dusclops)
Whiskers (Whiscash)
Wrecker (Rhyperior)

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I started a Ice Ghost type challenge, and have just beaten Roark. Gonna go to Gardenia later tonight.

Lapras Lv12
Smoochum Lv10
Glaceon Lv11
Shuppet Lv10
Duskull Lv10
Spiritomb Lv10

DarkerShining

Platinum: Still working on my Pokedex. My Dragonair has evolved, and I EV trained my Bellsprout, which also evolved. My Pokedex count is now at 472 seen, 453 obtained. Considering EV training my Grimer next. As for other Pokemon I'm training, my Tyranitar is currently level 96, my Dusknoir is level 77 and my Kingdra is level 73.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Hatched a Phanphy with 31/31/31/x/x/x after a few eggs on SoulSilver, was a nice surprise, the parents weren't that great. Anyway, I traded it to Platinum, EV trained it, and leveling it up now, currently level 68.

My Ice/Ghost monotype Platinum file is going well, no major bumps yet. I've got 6 badges now, and going to Snowpoint City soon.

Jynx level 40
Glaceon level 40
Lapras level 40
Banette level 40
Dusknoir level 40
Spiritomb level 40

Gardenia: Glaceon + Icy Wind = death
Fantina: Spiritomb + Ominous Wind = death
Maylene: Duskull/Shuppet + WOW = death
Wake: Jynx + Nasty Plot + X Speed = death
Byron: Dusknoir + Fire Punch + WOW = death

Last edited:

Skydra

Skydra's Pearl Version Report, Part 1

I reset a Pearl version I got from my friend in exchange for some other game. I named my rival Mordred and myself Orpheus (going with my mythical/legendary theme I began in HG) and got a Piplup to start with named Horus. I caught a Starly to train and named it Eros, then beat my rival and continued to Roark's gym. I'm in the middle of losing to him, but that's okay because I didn't grind very much.

Last edited:

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I'm getting pretty close to finishing Emerald. I just need to catch the Regis, beat the Elite Four, explore the Battle Frontier, and ultimately catch the Weather Trio, which, when combined with my hatched Hoenn starters as well as my soon-to-be-bred Squirtle, will eliminate the need for me to beat Red altogether. Now I'm trying to find time to do one last run of Platinum before I pick up White. Only problem is, I don't really know of any dynamic Electric- or Flying-types to use. I guess I can use a designated Thunderbolter until I'm able to catch an Electabuzz. But I'm using Gardevoir in Emerald, and I'm not the patient sort who could wait until level 33 for a Haunter to be useful. But the dilemma is that I fear Gyarados. I guess I could use Togekiss and make do with Shock Wave. That's like, 240 damage to a Gyarados hands down.

DarkerShining

Platinum: I've EV trained my Grimer and my Surskit, and my Grimer has evolved. Still working on filling up my Pokedex as much as I can. The Pokedex count is currently 472 seen, 455 obtained. My Tyranitar has reached level 100, and my Dusknoir is currently level 83 and my Kingdra is level 76.

SneaselClaw

Been a long time since my last Platinum update. Been training my team for a while and caught a Croagunk as a temporary 6th member. Managed to beat Crasher Wake fairly easily with Gligar taking down Floatzel's accuracy and Roselia coming in to Paralyz and continuously drain it's energy. Rotom took down Gyrados in one hit too which made it easier.
I've just got to Celestic town and going to be training around there for some time now, want to have Monferno evolved before moving on.

Sir Marly

Mega Sceptile Fanboy
I found my Platinum under my mattress during a 2 AM room cleaning fit I was having and decided to restart. Decided to play for what I thought was going to be a half hour. I ended up playing till 7 and getting to the 6th gym using Pokemon I've never really trained before like Gastrodon.

Current Team:
Gastrodon lvl 36
Infernape lvl 36
Tangrowth lvl 36

Skydra

Skydra's Pearl Version Report, Part 2

I beat Roark, then proceeded to evolve my Piplup and Staravia while exiting Oreburgh. Having defeated Team Galactic at Floaroma, I caught a Misdreavus in Eterna Forest while traveling with Cheryl, leveled it up, and procceeded to destory Gardenia completely. Galactic's second base was no problem, so I beat them and decided to travel down Cycling Road to get the Vs Seeker and Itemfinder from Dawn while training. Will soon get a Bronzor to add to my team, which is:
Prinplup Lv. 23
Staravia Lv. 23
Misdreavus Lv. 23

Planned additions:
Bronzor/Bronzong
Snover/Abomasnow
Palkia, or maybe some other nonlegendary

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I've been playing my Platinum like crazy to beat it before tomorrow, because I know i won't finish it for a while if I restart SS. I'm about to enter Victory Road, so I'll beat them later tonight after work while watching the new Zoroark movie!

Jynx Lv52
Glaceon Lv52
Lapras Lv52
Banette Lv52
Dusknoir Lv52
Spiritomb Lv52

Status
Not open for further replies.