• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official DPPt Recent Happenings Thread (Remade ~ READ THE FIRST POST OR ELSE)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxcandyvioletxx

Hunter Marie.
Ok, I'm posting this again in a different color, I'm so sorry I didn't realize what an eyesore the pink color would be D:

So I started a new file in my Platinum game, as the poor thing has just been sitting in my room dusty and neglected.. -.- And this was about a week ago, so, so far, I have made it to Solaceon town and saved there.
My current team right now consists of:
Irenia, a female Buizel
Ember, a male ponyta
Turtle, a male Grotle
Drifloon, male
Mystic, a female Meditite
And a shiny Suicune-one that I got from a wifi event.

I'm currently in the process of evolving them all! ^-^

smartie

I started my journey through Sinnoh on pearl today. Started with a male Piplup and called him Emperor. I trained him to lvl 10 and decided to catch a female Shinx to support my team. I called her Lucy and I am currently in the process of training her.

Ryuu$ei

So it's been like 3 months since I last posted on SPPf (or was it more?)...

Actually restarted Pearl again, now I'm continuing from my last restart (?).

Currently in Mt. Coronet, heading towards Hearthrome City. Team's pretty decent, I doubt I'll pick up a 4th member till later.

Current Team:
Aphrodite (Female Clefairy): Level 28
Athena (Female Beautifly): Level 31
Hermes (Male Grotle): Level 31

and a Bidoof HM Slave. Currently @ 2 Badges, my pace is kinda slowly. I'm a grinder I guess

Nakashima

I just got to the city with the 6th gym in it, I'd probably be able to defeat if with my team as it is, but Imma try to get them all to lvl 45-ish before I go in anyway ^^
Current team:
Luxray lvl42 - Alakazam lvl41 - Roserade lvl41 - Empoleon lvl41 - Rapidash lvl 41 - Staraptor lvl41.

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
Platinum After Journey Post-2 Year Anniversary

It's been a while since I've posted about Platinum. I've kind of been busy playing 5th Gen. Either way, I played some Platinum today. I went to the Battleground since it's been forever since I've battle any of the Gym Leader. I beat them all with what's in my team. My team still hasn't changed in Platinum. I also walked around and enjoyed the scenery. Doesn't compete with Black and White, but I remember when this game came out. Well that's it for this post. Happy Anniversary to Pokemon Platinum!

Ryuu$ei

Reached Hearthrome, finished three contests and won all three (Tough with Hermes, Smart with Athena and Cute with Aphrodite)

Fought rival and won easily, Hermes evolved into a Torterra now.

Current Team:
Aphrodite (Female Clefairy): Level 30
Athena (Female Beautifly): Level 31
Hermes (Male Torterra): Level 32

Corbulo

= Hydro Cannon
I have just been continuing my Diamond scramble challenge:
- Cobalt the Cranidos lvl20
- Pimplup the Prinplup lvl28
- X-Wing the Starvia lvl20
- Denub the Cheubi lvl21
I still have to add a Medicharm to my team and one more pokemon that has yet to be picked.

While leveling i random encounted shiny Bronzor and manged to capture it, it is relaxed nature and my first shiny for 4th gen.

Yoran

I arrived in Veilstone and after looking around for a while, I went to the gym and beated Maylene. I helped Dawn with getting her Pokedex back and that was it for the day.

R_N

So I finally decided after a lot of White to start my Baby Scramble challenge in my Diamond.
Even though I haven't really played it in several years, and had already transferred all the desirable Pokemon and berries out of it and into PtHGW...I still was a little regretful and seeing the data deleted. I took a few pictures before I did, just for posterity, though.

So, putting that behind me, I started up a new game.
-A boy again, this time by the name of "Diamond" while my rival will be "Barry"
-Usually starting game stuff goes here. My scramble didn't include a starter, so I just picked a Piplup since I've never used on before.
-Woah Starly come a wow Diamond battles are waaaaay slower than gen 5 battles like god damn. This is going to take some getting used to.
-Always nervous going through those early battles with no Pokeballs. One day I know I'm going to encounter a shiny and there will be nothing I can do about it.
-Did you know Pound has no real animation to it? The sprite remains stationary.
-I make it to Sandgem, and Piplup gained a level. Decided to name it Peppy.
-Why is there never an option to skip these tours and capture tutorials. Yes yes I get it is for new players but come on give a yes/no option!Baffling that the only game to do so was FR "We have tutorials for EVERYTHING"LG
-I caught a couple of Shinx so I can actually start my challenge proper. See, my challenge calls for a Munchlax and a Cleffa. There is noooo way I am leaving an entire team slot for a Pokemon with a 1% chance of showing up on a tree that takes a day to get a Pokemon to it. So I transferred over Grant the Winner's Path Munchlax; he's level 5, has Pick Up, and the virtually useless in the early game Leftovers. The other thing I traded over was a Cleffa egg; it needed to know Metronome so I had to breed for it. Hopefully it comes out male.
-NOW for adventure

Ryuu$ei

Made a lot of progress since I last posted.

- Crushed Maylene's whole gym with Beautifly, Torterra dealt with Lucario however.
- Went off to crush Wake now, equal effort by Clefairy/Beautifly/Torterra
- In-game stuff blah blah, reached Celestic and all.
- Crushed Fantina's whole gym with Torterra alone.
- After that it's running off to Canalave. Had to evolve my HM Slave Bidoof to a Bibarel though.
- Crushed Rival then crushed Byron's gym with just Torterra, surprisingly Bronzor gives me problems
- Probably need to start buying TMs for Clefairy because I am definitely having trouble with the numerous NPC Gyarados.
- Caught three Gible, decided to use the female one and name her Artemis.

Current Team:
Athena, Level 45 Beautifly
Aphrodite, Level 45 Clefairy
Hermes, Level 47 Torterra
Artemis, Level 19 Gible

Training up Artemis now, got the Wayward Cave part with Mira not done yet as well as Iron Island so this is good.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Diamond: Hatching for a shiny Torkoal.
Platinum: Random encountering for a shiny Gible. I have around 7600 encounters for it. It's taken me a while to get to such a number because I've been keeping track by killing every Pokemon I see in Wayward Cave. I really hope I get Gible to shine this time.

R_N

Here is a summation of events over the past few days

-HRGGGGGGNH
-I traded over Smoochum!
-HRRRRNGGHGHGHGN
-Gardenia more like Gardead
-ARGELAKSJDASRJETOIETJER

This is not as enjoyable as I thought it would be. It's always something, it seems and the conditions aren't helping. And I still need to reraise a Happiny, hunt down an Azurill and augh

AnOldGoat

Just Another Title
After picking up Platinum after months of hiatus I found myself outside of Sunyshore City with all 8 gym badges. I decided it was time to train at Victory Road, so after making some party adjustments so I could get there I defeated a couple of swimmers and found a Heart Scale so I could teach Torterra Wood Hammer. After that I managed to get to Victory Road, but upon realizing I was low on some items I flew back to Sunyshore and purchased 40 Full Restores, a couple Revives and Max Repels along with 75 Ultra Balls. My first encounter was a female Gabite, I decided to catch it and to my surprise it was an Adamant natured so I kept it and put it on my team. I was currently training Shelgon but I ditched it in order to use Gabite. After about 4 hours of training I finally got her to evolve into Garchomp. Looking through my TMs I realized I never went to get TM Earthquake so I headed back to Wayward Cave to get it to teach to Garchomp.

I finally made it through Victory Road where Infernape finally learned Flare Blitz(never realized how much recoil I took from it.). After knowing I was still under leveled for the Elite Four I decided to challenge anyway to at least gain some EXP. But who comes barging in before I can talk to the man to prove I can challenge the E4? That's right Barry himself, he challenged me to a battle, and I can never back down from a Pokemon Battle. He opened with Staraptor and against my Garchomp, Staraptor was up to some funny business as it used U-Turn about 3 times not allowing Garchomp to get a hit in. After some back and forth I was down to my Porygon-Z and Barry was left with a Roserade, which was taken down with Ice Beam. I proved that I deserve a shot against the Elite Four and my first E4 opponent was Aaron.

Infernape lvl 58
Garchomp lvl 53
Torterra lvl 54
Porygon-Z lvl 53
Gyarados lvl 51
HM Slave Bibarel

Drummerdude

I got a bunch of random Pokemon out of my box in Diamond and bred them with a Ditto. I'll trade the eggs to Heartgold to use as my ingame team at a later date.

AnOldGoat

Just Another Title
I was kept changing the game clock so the swarm would switch to Beldum, it took be about an hour trying to catch 5 different ones as their capture rate is really low. After a combo of Uxie and Rotom I finally caught one in a Dusk Ball with a Naughty nature which is acceptable as I wasn't trying to do this again. Kinda frustrating when a Pokemon kills themselves on the move Struggle. After that I decided to item hunt. I am going back over looking for Rare Candies and Shards that I might have missed. I went and found about 5 Star Pieces that I traded to Mr. Fuego for some shards. I want a ton of shards so I can teach my Battle Tower team moves and along with the team I plan to use in Heart Gold once I reset that game while playing Black because I've noticed that I can't keep myself to one game or else I'll lose interest even though I love it.

I'm not really training or anything right now, I know there's a lot I still need to do post-game, such as Stark Mountain and finish exploring the Resort Area but I'll get to all of that in do-time. Especially once I figure out what I plan to use as my Battle Tower team.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
Well, I just bred a new female Snorunt and Elekid to replace my Electivire and my most beloved Froslass from my stolen games.

Enoana (Froslass) was Modest, but I'm doing Timid this time. Also, her Snow Cloak won me 2nd place in a tournament some time ago, so I'm keeping Hail on her.

Rather than straight physical sweeper, I'm doing a mixed attacker with my new Electivire.

Next I plan on breeding a new Venusaur, but in order to get Power Whip I'm leveling my shiny Lickilicky, which really should have been trained by now anyway.

Super_Jamalx9000

I bred Jolteon and Luxray for a Eevee and I just made a battle video with my friend. I just uploaded it. I also rechallenged the Elite Four and won. Then, I started training Eevee after defeating another friend.

Last edited:

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
Diamond and Pearl 4 Year Anniversary Post

It's been 4 years since the 4th generation arrived to the US. So I popped in my Pearl and started playing. I took a look at everything different from Platinum and was surprised at how so much has changed. I also took a look at my boxes and laughed at how different I was back then. It's a reminder of how I played Pokemon as a little kid. I'm definitely keeping this save file the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.