• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official FIFA World Cup 2010 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimefan

Banned
^ I think he's implying the fact that Howard has saved a penalty from an English player.

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
Now I'm English, but 60 years ago, England was in the same group as America, and America won 1-0, so yeah. Maybe, just maybe, if America doesn't play Friedel then we might beat USA, also Algeria beat Egypt, who are the current African champions and Slovenia beat Russia, so, it's quite a hard group if you see their achievements.

Does put in perspective doesn't it.

??????

That guy.
I'm just happy my country is in.

SUPER EAGLES GO

They will get their asses handed to them by Argentina, probably.

latino heat

Mexican pride
anyone got predictions how the groups will playout?

latino heat

Mexican pride
I really dont see Argentina as a real threat at all. Yes they have star players but they lack that manager which is something that has failed them the last 2 world cups atleast in my opinion.

Suprises of the tournament

Mexico
Ghana
Chile

tyranitar90

UP THE IRONS
I hope the US and mexico don't mess up :p

As long as Brazil doesn't win the cup I'll be happy..

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
They don't have enough defense, therefore they are not unstoppable. Someone like Drogba could easily take advantage of that.

Yeah but then they'll score another 5 goals against Ivory Coast.

latino heat

Mexican pride
The only team that could take out Brasil is Spain

klubkj

They don't have enough defense, therefore they are not unstoppable. Someone like Drogba could easily take advantage of that.

they dont need great defense just good enough to pass to their midfield and strikers. and their goalie aint to bad either. and Spain is probably the only team that could stop Brazil but think about how Spain couldnt handle USA but Brazil could.

latino heat

Mexican pride
they dont need great defense just good enough to pass to their midfield and strikers. and their goalie aint to bad either. and Spain is probably the only team that could stop Brazil but think about how Spain couldnt handle USA but Brazil could.

I think that the USA beating Spain was a fluke.

Ok Im pretty sure that last thing will offend or piss off some people.
I admit that the USA team has gotten better and better each year and I admit that they have taken the place as the giant in the CONCACAF.

But you look at how they barely got into the next round of the confederations cup in which they barely made it in untill the last game at the last moment.
The game against Spain ill classify it as a fluke cause I guarantee it will not happen again.
The game against Brasil ill admit that they actually played at a high level and almost got away if it wasnt for Brasil finally waking up in the second half after being so confident in the first half.

Im not saying that USA isnt a strong team, hell I think they might even make it pass the group stage but the confederations was just a fluke.

klubkj

I think that the USA beating Spain was a fluke.

Ok Im pretty sure that last thing will offend or piss off some people.
I admit that the USA team has gotten better and better each year and I admit that they have taken the place as the giant in the CONCACAF.

But you look at how they barely got into the next round of the confederations cup in which they barely made it in untill the last game at the last moment.
The game against Spain ill classify it as a fluke cause I guarantee it will not happen again.
The game against Brasil ill admit that they actually played at a high level and almost got away if it wasnt for Brasil finally waking up in the second half after being so confident in the first half.

Im not saying that USA isnt a strong team, hell I think they might even make it pass the group stage but the confederations was just a fluke.

yea i kinda wondered what happened too but looking back to that game, Spain didn't put all their best players in ya know. I don't think they had Torres and their goalie wasn't Cassillas either im pretty sure

Status
Not open for further replies.