• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official FIFA World Cup 2010 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

latino heat

Mexican pride
yea i kinda wondered what happened too but looking back to that game, Spain didn't put all their best players in ya know. I don't think they had Torres and their goalie wasn't Cassillas either im pretty sure

Hmmmm I remeber that Casillas was ther goalkeeper but I think Torres was out because of a injury not sure though.

HazzaY2J

</3 Kid
I hope Spain wins the World Cup ^^

klubkj

yesterday USA versed Honduras in a friendly match. who watched it?

well Honduras won 3-1. I thought Honduras deserved it because they were dominating the game. but USA played well enough without their star players like Howard and Donavon. USA was playing good the first 15 minutes, but after the red card they got, they started sucking.

mimefan

Banned
^ So, HONDURAS FTW.

Night_Walker

Not sure if this should go here rather then the other football thread but I think it fits better here.

The Australian govt, and media, needs to listen to FIFA and accept what they've just said about the 2018 World Cup: only bids to host it from European countries will be accepted. So doesn't matter how good they, the Aust govt, think the bid is it won't be accepted so take more time to build up the game here go you can have a chance for the... oh 2030 World Cup.

In terms of this how do people from the Americas and Africa feel about this declaration by FIFA?

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I think that Brazil will win the Title thids year.My prediction for the Title match would be Brazil Vs Italy.

indigohex

Not sure if this should go here rather then the other football thread but I think it fits better here.

The Australian govt, and media, needs to listen to FIFA and accept what they've just said about the 2018 World Cup: only bids to host it from European countries will be accepted. So doesn't matter how good they, the Aust govt, think the bid is it won't be accepted so take more time to build up the game here go you can have a chance for the... oh 2030 World Cup.

In terms of this how do people from the Americas and Africa feel about this declaration by FIFA?

If Europe gets the 2018 FIFA World Cup, then it would be highly likely that the 2022 FIFA World Cup will be held in Asia as five Asian countries are bidding for both 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cup (Australia and Japan are bidding for both the 2018 and 2022, while Korea Republic, Qatar and Indonesia are bidding for the 2022 FIFA World Cup only) compared with 1 from North America (United States of America) and none from the other confederations (Africa can't host the 2018 FIFA World Cup as South Africa is hosting this year's FIFA World Cup) and South America can't host either the 2018 nor 2022 FIFA World Cup as Brazil will be hosting it in 2014). But the fact that Japan and South Korea hosted the FIFA World Cup in 2002 could work against them both, which means that the only three Asian countries that could be a serious contender for the 2022 FIFA World Cup would be Australia, Qatar and Indonesia.

So I think based on the statements from FIFA that only European bids would be accepted for 2018, we should concentrate on the 2022 edition as it would most likely be going to Asia.

But back on to the topic, I think whoever knocks Australia out will win the World Cup (West Germany knocked Australia out in the group stage in 1974 and went on to win, while Italy knocked out Australia in the knock-out stage in 2006 and went on to win the World Cup), and don't ask me why I'm saying that; but despite this, I think Australia would make it to the 2nd round like in Germany four years ago.

Last edited:

Night_Walker

Well Australia has left for the World Cup, on a custom painted Qantas 747.

Their final fixture on hole-soil was a most unconvincing 2-1 win over a very game, and arguably better, New Zealand line up. I must say I thought New Zealand played much better football for more of the match and played more in the spirit of the game, those two Australian tackles (one by Tim Cahill, don't remember who the other offender was) were reprehensible and I'm amazed that even in a 'friendly' they got away with just yellow cards...

Then the next day the Australian media displayed just how small minded they can be, mentioning that Lucas Neill might be happy to know that Fabio Grosso (the player he fouled in the dying moments of stoppage time in the Australia vs Italy World Cup match in 06, conceding the penalty that gave Italy the win) won't be at South Africa 10...
Honestly, it was a fair call by the ref (not a obvious dive that the ref missed) and it was 4 years ago. Give it a rest!

...This from a nation that wants to host the World Cup...

Course most Australians conveniently forget that Italy had been down to 10 men since the 51st minute and Australia still hadn't scored.

Profesco

gone gently
Profesco used Hi Bump Kick on a soccer ball!

The soccer ball rocketed into the other World Cup thread!

GOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!

Status
Not open for further replies.