• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Scores so far

At the end of Day 9 of the World Cup the scores for predictions look a little something like this

Night_Walker 48
The_Boss_Giygas 39
~-Overheat-~ 39
7 Tyranitars 36
shinyponita 33
J-Myc 27
Double_oh_Platypus 27
PokemonHero 24
Ash-kid 18
poizonsting 12
masukippa 9
SHINYCATCHER 3
felly 3
saar 3

Predictions
Slovakia 0-2 Paraguay
Italy 1-1 New Zealand
Brazil 3-1 Ivory Coast

7 tyranitars

wow it seems almost everyone got slovakia - paruguay good inclusive score .. except me and a few others :(

Fenix

Tremulant
Normally I would be upset about NZ's offside goal... but we were so meh I don't think it would have mattered. One question I want to ask from Lippi is: "WHY DOES CAMORANESI PLAY YOU DIPSHIT?????"

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
World Champions? Not on this performance

Italy, just being so rubbish ='] I hope more results like this happens to mix up the World Cup a bit. None of the 'favourites' look like they want to win this thing except for maybe Argentina. Oh New Zealand, brilliant!

France imploding, England being crap, man I love this World Cup =]

Last edited:

Alphonso

I am supporting Holland they beat Denmark 2-0 with an own goal and a fantastic goal by Kuyt.

They also beat japan 1-0 so i think Holland can get through there group as number 1.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Another big suprise. Italy should have done it easier but Buffon was missing. Buffon is not an excuse.

If the World cup will continue this way, we might see New Zealand vs Switzerland in the Semi-finals. It's getting strange, somehow England, Spain, Italy and France (and one game Gemany) haven't won their games.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Everybody's doing it

Just blame the ball :p

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Slovakia vs Paraguay 0-2 just like I predicted. Paraguay is certainly better than I thought comparing to their fellow south americans.

Italy vs New Zealand
What's up with Italy, maybe they aren't eating enough pasta or something cause another draw here, they better do something the next game or else all they're gonna afford to buy is regular factory imported pasta.

Brazil vs Cote d Ivoire
Yay I got the score right 3-1, Brazil whooped the Ivory coast, though there was an unfair red card and yellow card to Kaka who didn't really do anything he was just standing there. Still Brazil is going to the next round.

Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Paraguay, Uruguay, Latin America is going strong to the next round as soon as Chile also wins.

For tomorrow:
Portugal vs North Korea: 1-1 a draw
Chile vs Switzerland: 2-1 Chile wins
Spain vs Honduras: 3-0 Spain wins

Double-oh-Platypus

Hmm, I'm happing with the Brazil/Ivory Coast score. I was really rooting for Brazil :)

Here's my thoughts for tomorrow:

Portugal 2- 1 North Korea
Chile 2 - 1 Switzerland
Spain 3 - 1 Hondouras

Ohtachi

mia san mia
Just going to quote a post I made in a FIFA thread on another forum:

Yeah well Brazil got away with handball TWICE and got away with tugging at Drogba's shirt in the penalty box. Both Brazil and Cote d'Ivoire played terribly and the refs had no idea what they were doing. They don't call out the obvious fouls and penalties, and give a Red Card to Kaka when he did NOTHING. It was absolutely rediculous, and both teams played very unsportsmanlike. That plus the crap Italy game made the games USA and Germany played look like nothing. I swear this is so nuts and I'm fed up with it.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Scores so far

At the end of Day 10 of the World Cup the scores for predictions look a little something like this

Night_Walker 57
The_Boss_Giygas 51
J-Myc 45
shinyponita 45
~-Overheat-~ 42
7 Tyranitars 42
Double_oh_Platypus 36
PokemonHero 24
Ash-kid 21
poizonsting 21
masukippa 9
SHINYCATCHER 3
felly 3
saar 3

Cool, I got all three predictions spot on. Ahhsome.

The Italy match just proved how useless Italy are and how they rely on the other factors rather than their own talent to get the goals they need, in this case a soft penalty. Glad that New Zealand got that point, they're actually doing better than England as they've gain the same amount of points but scored more goals than them haha, even have more points and goals than the French.

Brazil and Ivory Coast was a good game with plenty of action and Brazil far outclassed the overrated Ivory Coast team as Ivory Coast did not at all look like scoring in the game. This is definitely a Brazil team that could do well in the tournament if they stick to their game plan. As for the red card Kaka received, it was a poor call by the referee, that and the handball goal but these things happen, it could have been dealt with better but oh well.

Predictions
Portugal 3-0 North Korea
Chile 2-0 Switzerland
Spain 4-0 Honduras

Night_Walker

I'll have some more feedback later, didn't watch most of the matches last night cause I'm not at my best right now.

Tonight:
Portugal 2 - 0 North Korea.
North Korea do fight hard but I think Portugal will get the win.
Chile 1 - 1 Switzerland.
I think this will surprise people, cause I dunno how many people are giving the Swiss the respect they deserve here, granted Spain dominated possession and got more shots but the Swiss played a very effect counter-attack football match and deserved the result they got.
Spain 2 - 1 Honduras.
Should be a good one :D

Last edited:

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Tomorrow's prediction:

North Korea 1 : Portugal 1
Chile 0 : Switzerland 1
Spain 1 : Honduras 0

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Brazil again proved they are going to the cup. I have a feeling that Brazil and Argentina, will be at the finals.

Too bad the referee did a mistake with Kaka's red, there wasn't even a tackle.

Portugal 2-1 North Korea
Chile 2-1 Switzerland
Spain 3-0 Honduras

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I'm back! Came back from Singapore yesterday. Apparently, Universal Studios was booked till Monday:mad: What a load of bullsh*it....anyways still had fun in Sentosa, Hard Rock hotel was AWESOME:D Managed to keep tabs on all the games, even though didnt watch them completely. Came home and watched Brazil vs. Ivory Coast yesterday. I'll review all the games i've missed now.

Germany 4-0 Australia

Managed to see the first two goals before our flight. We reached the hotel early morning and i managed to watch the highlights of the rest of the game on BBC. Fantastic match it was:D Germany played slick football, brilliant passing, great goals and by this point looked like sure winners!

Holland 2-0 Denmark

Kept tabs on it on BBC later. I hear Holland didnt play good, but got the win.

Japan 1-0 Cameroon

Kinda surprised at a bad form Japan with an under-pressure coach beat Cameroon.

Italy 1-1 Paraguay

Got this result spot on. Italy are rubbish at the moment and the moment i saw the friendly between Italy and Mexico, i knew they were going to struggle.

New Zealand 1-1 Slovakia

Found out the result next morning, heard it was a spirited comeback for New Zealand. They've surprised me so far this WC.

Ivory Coast 0-0 Portugal

So sad to see another boring 0-0 draw, but Portugal were disappointing and i expect a tough match for them tomorrow against Korea DPR..

Brazil 2-1 Korea DPR

Expected Brazil to breeze through, but now i've seen how spirited the Koreans are and i have a feeling they can give Portugal and Ivory Coast a tough time! Brazil on the other hand did their job.

Honduras 0-1 Chile

I expected Chile to do well this world cup and they played brilliant football. I think they'll top the group.

Spain 0-1 Switzerland

Absolute shocker. Noone in the world expected this. Before everyone's favourites to win the WC were Spain. Those views might have changed ever since. I still think Spain will qualify, but i expect tough games for them, expecially the last one against Chile.

South Africa 0-3 Uruguay

Nightmare for every South African. Even i'm heartbroken. Certainly a cruel blow to South Africa. I had predicted South Africa and France to qualify. I dont think either of them will. Thumbs up to Uruguay.

Argentina 4-1 South Korea

Diego Maradona proved everyone wrong with this result i guess. Surely they can go to even win the WC. I expect this result to shut every Argentina and Maradona critic up now. Fantastic game of football, great hattrick by Higuain, who was horrible against Nigeria imo.

Greece 2-1 Nigeria

I didnt quite get the red card at first but turned out Kaita had really kicked the Greece player. I didnt see anything in that kick though and thought the Greek player overreacted. Absolutely gutted for Nigerians and Africans.

France 0-2 Mexico

While shopping in Mostafa, a 24 hour store where you can find everything literally at amazinly cheap prices, I saw in one of the LCD TVs a bit of the match. And i laughed. France were pitiful, and this is not the coach's fault. Its the arrogance of the players. Look what happened to Anelka. Mexico were brilliant and they deserve to qualify. I guess this spells the exit of France from the WC. I had a feeling this would happen, only reason i didnt predict it was because i thought they'd step up their game like Argentina. Obviously they did not.

Germany 0-1 Serbia

Biggest shock of the WC! Didnt expect this from a team that just thrashed Australia. I'm still shell shocked with this result. Podolski should have scored. However, we played great football and i think we'll go through, and the only reason we lost was because the ref was a ****.

Slovenia 2-2 USA

What a comeback! This just shows how spirited USA are. They're both level on points with England, but the difference is obvious. They have spirit and determination, which the English dont. Credit must also go to Slovenia who i really underestimated before. I fancy them to top the group but i really hope England steps up their game and beats them.

England 0-0 Algeria

Woeful. Pitiful. So many words to describe the English squad. Algeria deserved to win. By this point, i have doubts whether they'll even qualify. Specially with a tough game against Slovenia coming up. Nothing more to say. Look at the other teams(cept France). Look at Germany. We LOST while you guys DREW. Noone is calling the Germans pitiful and yet the English are being called pitiful. There's a reason for this and its glaringly obvious.

Holland 1-0 Japan

Congrats to Holland for advancing, but they still look shaky imo.

Ghana 1-1 Australia

Was spot on again. Ghana are the only African team that look like qualifying at the moment, and that is sad. Even Ivory Coast might not go through.

Cameroon 1-2 Denmark

Saw the first 10 minutes and Cameroon dominated. Eto scored a great goal. Have no idea what suddenly happened. Gutted for the Cameroonians.

Slovakia 0-2 Paraguay

Kind of expected. Paraguay finished only 1 point behind Brazil in qualifying and i expect them to top the group and go far.

Italy 1-1 New Zealand

Woeful result for the Italians, but atleast they dominated the game, unlike England. They still need a win to qualify and it would be funny if France and Italy fail to progress. Hats off to New Zealand for a brave performance.

Brazil 3-1 Ivory Coast

What an entertaining match. Brazil dominated, but there were signs where Ivorians threatened. They eventually got their goal, which was clearly onside. Plus all the madness in the end was unnecessary and Kaka got a red card for nothing. So many red cards this WC.

Overall

South Americans playing brilliant footy, Europeans struggling. Great shocks in the 2nd round and expect even more. Oh and red card frenzy and the goalkeeper madness.

Predictions:

Portugal 1-0 Korea DPR
Chile 1-0 Switzerland
Spain 2-0 Honduras

Last edited:

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Who doubted the entertainment value of this World Cup? Not me.

Group G is by far the easiest to despise. Portugal are a load of cheating *insert expletive here*, whereas Ivory Coast yesterday was just atrocious. Brazil haven't done anything noteworthy to hate but I sense certain players of their squad would do something akin to Keita yesterday if given the opportunity. The only team there with any sort of dignity is North Korea who, typically, have to put up with a strict regime.

England drew with Algeria. The best things about this result are the reactions.

Italy drew with New Zealand, no one saw that coming. Though both goals arguably shouldn't have even counted (Italy's penalty was hit and miss, NZ's was clearly offside). You might say two wrongs do make a right. If you are of that opinion.

But take pride, fans of England, Germany, Nigeria, Italy, South Africa, Spain, Slovakia, Cameroon and other 'crisis' ridden teams.

For at least you are not France.

7 tyranitars

couldn't post portugal - nort korea because of school and just in time for the next match :S

chile -switserland 2-0

spain - honduras 3-0