• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I. Am. Speechless. Breathtaking performance by the Portuguese, first half Korea DPR were great but just collapsed against the mighty Portugal. Easily best game and best performance of the World Cup. And whoever said few goals will be scored in the World Cup should now put their head under a bucket.

I'm in love with the Portuguese side now...still....go Germany! 2nd highest scoreline so far this WC, 4-0!

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Red hot Chili- oh, that pun has been done already...

Chile showing the Spaniards how it's done. I extremely love the Chileans fast paced game as it made for a fascinating game against a good solid defensive team which now has the record for the longest time without conceding a goal in the World Cup finals but I am annoyed that Chile could not put their chances away and kill off the game. Oh and interesting refereeing in that game too.

Switzerland really need to score as many goals as they can against Honduras to go through as I really would like to see both Chile and Switzerland progress to the next round with Chile topping the group preferably.

As for Portugal, not surprising really but now they practically have one foot in the last 16 unless they get demolished and Ivory Coast have a goal rout against North Korea.

North Korea, really really suck, Portugal scoring 6 goals in 45 minutes.

saar

Shiny Flygon
Purtugal's finally here! What a show, wow. And Ronaldo scored a goal, he hasn't since the last year! The winners of this group will be Brazil and Portugal, Ivory Coast won'y because Portugal has a better goal difference.

22 June:

France - South Africa 1-1
Uruguay - Mexico 2-1
Argentina - Greece 1-0

7 tyranitars

france - south africa 1-1

uruguay - mexico 0-0 I have a feeling they are going for a compromise :p

argentina - greece 2-0

nigeria - south korea 0-1

saar you forgot nigeria south korea :)

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
North Korea vs Portugal: 0-Seven!
And everyone thinks North Korea is the one dropping atomic bombs, well looks like they got bombed first. 7-0 is impressive, Portugal made it far last world cup I was wondering where they went after their last game, but today they came back like no other team has! North Korea was strong against Brazil, but they lost the psychological game once it hit 2-0 which lead to 5 more goals!

Chile vs Switzerland
Alright Chile wins and they lead their group, impressive. Chile or Chili in english > swiss chocolate. Sorry, but the team that's muy picante wins this one.

Spain vs Honduras
Okay Spain has Deee best passing game I've seen this world cup, they also had it last world cup. But they are good technical players and had so many goal shots, so many. They made 2. Honduras I didn't like how they played, they relied too much on kicking the ball outside, too defensive (who can blame them) that slows down the game and it doesn't help anyone so why they did it I don't know, but they lose anyways.

GOOOOLASSSOO! ASO ASO ASO! I watch the games in spanish/Mexican channel, so I like how the announcers call the games. They compared Villa's goal to Don quijote de la mancha, funny some how.

Tomorrow
Mexico vs Uruguay: 2-1 Mexico wins!
France vs South Africa: 1-0 Come on France don't go out with 0 total goals Don't!
Nigeria vs South Korea: 0-2 My Korean friend wants to see their team go so Go!
Greece vs Argentina: 0-2 Argentina gets the perfect 3 wins.

Last edited:

Jirachidude

collecter and trader
South Africa - France 2:0: France is too discombobulated right now to do anything, and I might as well give the hosts a win.

Mexico - Uruguay 1:0: Mexico is playing pretty well right now, I'm looking for a clutch win for the Mexicans

Argentina - Greece 3:0: Some people see talent in Greece, but I really don't see anything

Nigeria - South Korea 1:1: A draw after a hard fought battle from both teams

Night_Walker

Poor North Korea... It stopped being funny after about the 5th goal.

By the same token it was an amazing showing by the Portuguese. Ronaldo seemed so amused by his goal, personally I'm not surprised though - it looks like the flashy sort of thing you'd expect him to do in a commercial yet it just happened for him.

Mexico 1 - 1 Uruguay
Two fairly evenly matched teams, definitely the best in the group.
France 1 - 0 South Africa
Either France will play very well, with the players out to make a point, or they'll play very badly. But on paper they should win.
Nigeria 1 - 1 South Korea
I think these two are evenly matched, really the only reason I saw for Nigeria's loss to Greece was they were reduced to 10 men after like 20 minutes.
Greece 0 - 2 Argentina
Argentina will win easily unless something crazy happens.

Ohtachi

mia san mia
I have to admit I loved how Portugal played; as a team. It wasn't all about Ronaldo, in fact you had shots coming from almost everyone so it was equal contributions. And I think thats what broke down North Korea because they couldn't focus on guarding a individual. Regardless of who on Portugal had the ball, they were capable of scoring. So the Korean defense just fell apart in a barrage of goals. And I felt bad for the Swiss; they tried really hard at putting up the Great Wall only for Chile to send it crashing. Mean while I was expecting for a little more from Spain. They aren't out of the woods yet until they finish off Chile.

Double-oh-Platypus

Well guys, I am definitely psyched for school to be out. Now I can actually take time to watch the games instead of catching the highlights on the news :p

Here's my thoughts for tomorrow's matches:

Mexico 1 - 0 Uruguay
France 1 - 2 South Africa
Nigeria 0 - 1 South Korea
Greece 0 - 2 Argentina

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Tomorrow's prediction:

Uruguay 2 : Mexico 2
France 2 : South Africa 0
South Korea 2 : Nigeria 1
Argentina 5 : Greece 0

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
So Spain can make it to the next round after all. I thought they would be out, but Switzerland's loss helped them. Now it's all up to them, a win against Chile and they won't have even to meet Brazil in the eight finals.
Portugal's win? Nothing special, they still have to do the same thing vs Brazil.

Mexico 0-0 Uruguay
France 2-0 South Africa
Nigeria 1-0 South Korea
Greece 2-3 Argentina

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Spain could easily have won the match 7-0, like Portugal. Every shot Portugal took, including harmless shots, ended up in the back of the net. Villa could easily have had his hattrick. But overall, Spain were brilliant and David Villa is the best striker on the planet! Along with Rooney(when he's in form). Good to see Spain back to business and playing like they should.

Cant wait for the last group stage matches! Looks like they'll be played simultaneously....which one should i watch?

Mexico 1-1 Uruguay
France 0-1 South Africa(this is a french team that didnt train on Sunday and have 0% confidence. I fancy a draw, but i want Bafana Bafana to win!)

Nigeria 1-1 South Korea
Argentina 3-0 Greece

Prediction points:

I got 2 results spot on:D

The Boss Giygas: 6
Double-oh-Platypus: 9
shinyponita: 6
J-Myc: 9
Night Walker: 6
poizonsting: 3
Ash-kid: 9
Overheat: 15
7 tyranitars: 6

Last edited:

7 tyranitars

overheat, did you get the portugal - north korea completely good? :p prolly the other 2 xd

but can tyou post the how much points everyone total have whit your post? :x

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Predictions

France 3-0 South Africa
Mexico 2-1 Uruguay
Greece 0-5 Argentina
Nigeria 2-3 South Korea

7 tyranitars

I'm so happy south africa won too bad they didn't made it too the next round, but still funny as hell to see the french end 4th

Jirachidude

collecter and trader
So apparently France knows how to play soccer, too bad it was two and a half games too late. Good win for Bafana Bafana though.