• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread

7 tyranitars

hè friday will be a hard match the Netherlands vs brasil ofcourse I hope the netherlands will win but brasil is one of the best teams there is either way it will be a hard match

spain - portugal 2-1

paruguay - japan 2-0

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Spain 1-1 Portugal, 2-1 extra time Spain wins
Paraguay 0-1 Japan

Oh and i didnt give scores this whole Round of 16, but im giving them now. Since its Round of 16, predicting result correct is 5 points and exact is 10 points, check 1st post for more details.

Scores for June 26th:

Lugia4ever: 5
7 tyranitars: 10
The Boss Giygas: 15
otaku dono: 15
Double Oh Platypus: 10
Night Walker: 15
Ash-kid: 10
Overheat: 25
PokemonHero: 10

Scores for Jun 27th(lol at the person who thought England where winning=P):

The Boss Giygas: 5
Ash-kid: 5
otaku dono: 10
Night Walker: 5
ElectiCrow: 10
7 tyranitars: 10
shinyponita: 10
J Myc: 0
Overheat: 10

Scores for Jun 28th:

The Boss Giygas: 10
7 tyranitars: 15
otaku dono: 10
Double Oh Platypus: 15
Night Walker: 10
Overheat: 10
J Myc: 10
shinyponita: 10

Last edited:

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Predictions

Japan 0-2 Paraguay
Spain 0-1 Portugal

7 tyranitars

overheat how can you get 25 points on june 26th?
hope paruguay- japan is gonna be penals :D they are already on the extra time :p

Paraguay and Spain ftw. Then Uruguay, Argentina, Brazil and Spain FTW Then Brazil and Spain FTW Then Brazil FTW that's my pre-diddly-ictions, folks.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
overheat how can you get 25 points on june 26th?
hope paruguay- japan is gonna be penals :D they are already on the extra time :p

I mentioned this but i'll say it again. Normal time, Extra Time and Penalties are like 3 different matches. Get the prediction exact in normal time, 10 points, get it exact in extra time, another 10, guess whoever wins the shootout, another 10. If you however predict, example a 0-0 draw between Paraguay and Japan, but then predicted Japan to win in extra time, you get only 10 points for getting the first one exact. If you have predicted Paraguay, the winning team, to win in extra time, you still would've gotten 0 points, cos they won on penalties. If you predicted 1-1 end of extra time, you would've have gotten 5 for correct result and the previous 10.

I predicted USA and Ghana to turn out 1-1 end of normal time, which got me 10 points. I then predicted a 2-1 Ghana win in extra time, giving me another 10. And then i got correct result for Uruguay match, ending up with 25 points.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Japan vs Paraguay
Well Paraguay won....In penalties, I personally don't like penalties since it's too easy to score or mess up. But Japan loses. Japan really played way better, they made a lot of goal shots and deserved the Win over Paraguay. Japan got cheated I feel, but they should be really proud of what they accomplished they certainly would of made a better match for Spain.

Spain vs Portugal
Well, so the Red Furry wins. Spain's passing game is like a video game they never fail to pass the ball to each other, or maybe they have ball magnets in their shoes so the ball always makes it to them. There were a lot of fouls on both sides and not the cleanest game I've seen, the red card was NOT necessary, but didn't make a difference since it was late in the game anyways. Either way Portugal is certainly no easy to team to beat, they tied Brazil, scored 7 goals, they're certainly better than England maybe even stronger than Germany, but in this case not strong enough to win.
Spain goes up against Paraguay I think it will be a walk in the park for Spain.

No games tomorrow :(
But the next matches:
Netherlands vs Brazil: 1-2 A very tough match for both teams, but I give it to Brazil.
Uruguay vs Ghana: 2-1 Uruguay wins, though I wouldn't mind seeing Ghana move on.

Last edited:

Double-oh-Platypus

I'm elated Spain made it through. One step closer to victory (in case it wasn't already clear, I have expectations for Spain to win the cup).

So here are my predictions for the next set if matches:

Netherlands 0 - 2 Brazil
Uraguay 1 - Ghana 2

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Poor Ronaldo. His national team isn't good enough as Spain, Germany and Argentina, and I think because of that, he will never win a big tournament like Euro or Wrold Cup. Maybe La Liga.

Someone can check the points?

Netherlands 2 - 2 Brazil (2-3 in extra time)
Uruguay 1 - 1 Ghana (Uruguay win in penalties)

God damn it gets hard to choose at this point in the tournament. :/

7 tyranitars

it hurts my heart seeing nobody have faith in the Netherlands :'( for their next match, ok it's hard but not imposible!

I'm gonna predict

the Netherlands<3 - brasil 2-1!

oh, and uruguay- ghana 1-0

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Well I'll give my predictions in Thursday/Friday since the next game is there.
In total I have only 15 points, and Overheat with 45, maybe because my points from June 28th aren't there? I have a lot to improve.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I dont know why, i love Netherlands' squad, i just think despite them having a 100% record, their performances arent good enough. They looked nervy against Japan, Denmark and their recent win over Slovakia, and even though a last minute penalty made it 2-1, i feel the score was justified. I didnt watch the whole match, only the last bits, so dont go bashing me......Robben is their jewel no doubt.

Brazil need to be scared of Robben the most, and i think Maicon will heavily mark him. I'm going for a win for Brazil.

Netherlands 1-2 Brazil(it could be settled in extra time or even penalties though)
Uruguay 1-1 Ghana, 2-1 extra time

Imagine if Ghana made it to the semi final!:D The talk about the World Cup being a bad one for Africa would all disappear and it would be a memorable World Cup for Africa and Ghana indeed! Sadly, i dont see it happening.

7 tyranitars

overheat, tbh I have to see it myself but I just can't predict my team losing and I
believe they CAN win, brasil didn't played so good either, and about the penalty it
wasn't justified because we played a lot better then them in the first halve and first
15 mins of the second halve then we just controlled the match, I think stekelenburg
didn't deserve a yellow card and a penalty against him, he didn't even touched him
and he played a wonderfull match saving us twice in 2 minutes.

Netherlands 1-3 Brazil (Netherlands: 89th Minute Robben) (Brazil: 12th minute, Robinho, 18th Minute, Luis Fabiano, 65th Minute, Luis Fabiano)
Uruguay 0-0 Ghana. AET Uruguay 1-0 (93rd minute Suarez) 1-1 (99th minute Gyan.) (103rd Minute Suarez 2-1 (115th minute) Suarez shoots, the goalkeeper parries the ball onto the onrushing path of Forlan who tucks home the rebound FT score Uruguay 3-1 Ghana.
Argentina 4-3 Germany (Arg: 15th minute, Higuain, 44th minute, Messi, 88th Minute Tevez, 93rd minute Higuain) (Germany: 27th Minute, Klose, 51st Minute, Ozil, 72nd Minute, Podolski.)
Paraguay 0-2 Spain. (Spain: 44th minute, Villa, 88th Minute Villa.)
Semis
Brazil win 3-1 Suarez puts Uruguay up in the 18th minute after a 1-2 with Forlan but just after the break a quickfire double from Luis Fabiano and Kaka puts Brazil 2-1 up (47th and 49th) before in the 88th minute, a sublime chip from Luis Fabiano seals the game for Brazil
Spain edged out Argentina 2-1 AET when the game looked over and done with heading into the 86th minute, after the 3rd minute when a quick counterattack ended with David Silva. But a quick dribble from Messi taking him past 4 of the Spanish players before a curling shot hit off the crossbar and rebounded back into the net. But in the first minute of injury time in the second half of extra time, a corner from Albiol found the head of Xavi which went flying into the top right corner of the goal.
3rd Place Playoff:
Argentina thrashed Uruguay 5-2 after a hat trick by Higuain and a brace by Tevez. Suarez and Forlan replied for Uruguay.
Final:
The only goal of the game came in the 53rd minute after a wondeful team move broke up in the Brazilian penalty area, Gilberto kicked the ball out only for it to rebound off Gilberto Silva and land on the feet of Fabregas, who after a wonderful first time volley rebounded of Juan and fell to Albiol who tapped the ball home.

4th Place: Uruguay

3rd Place: Argentina

2nd Place: Brazil

Winners of South Africa World CUp 2010: Spain.

(((Kuwagata Kross)))

Wazzupwiththeserver?
I'm Brazilian and I'm really, really, reaaaalllyyyy scared about the next game. I really think Brazil's hardest match would be against the Netherlands, not counting if we face Argentina in the final (fingers crossed). Ramires won't be playing and Elano is really hurt. This really gives me the chills. I think the match will be decided by how wellRobinho, Kaka and Lucio play. If they play well, I think we win, if not, too bad, we'll go back home just like in 2006 and Dunga will be completely bashed for going against everyone's will to take Ronaldinho and Ganso. However, I disagree that Spain will win, if it's not Brazil (please be), it'll be Argentina or Germany, for me.

^ To every man's opinion, my opinion is what I said, your opinion is what you said, I can't change yours much like you can't change mine.

Double-oh-Platypus

I can also see the cup going to Spain and runner-up being Brazil. AS for the rest of the teams, I'm not quite sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if Germany took third.