• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Points for predicting the group stage places:

J-Myc: 9
Timothy Mimefan Sillery: 41(damn, he predicted Group B exact! Too bad he's not participating in the prediction game!)
masukippa: 3
7 tyranitars: 9
Overheat: 6

From the other thread:

Vincenzo Hikari: 6
bigtukker: 18
The Boss Giygas: 18....NOT! You edited the post on 16th, deadline's 11th, nice trick on another thread;)
Natsu'sInferno: 6
Night Walker: 6
Ash-kid: 6
LucarioWolf: 6

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Predictions

Slovenia 1-3 England (Although I want England to lose as they are absolutely dire and just so poor that they really should focus on the reasons that they are)
USA 2-1 Algeria
Australia 0-0 Serbia
Ghana 0-3 Germany

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Apparently, England's lineup is this:

James, Johnson, Terry, Upson, A Cole, Milner, Barry, Lampard, Gerrard, Defoe, Rooney.

No Joe Cole!??? I still cant figure out what makes Capello overlook him. An injury? A bust-up? What is it?

saar

Shiny Flygon
Too bad fro Slovenia, they did their best but U.S were better.

England with two goals made it to the next round. Rooney should wake up!

Ohtachi

mia san mia
That game was both tense and aggravating. On one hand you had all those chances the USA had to bury Algeria. Then you had Algerian defenders shoving around Americans like the foul on Dempsey that noone saw (yet you saw him bleeding off his lip). Algeria played outrageously and deserved that loss. Only thing I wish is that we should have capitalized more on all those opportunities.

So do I win a prize? For you know, just choosing an order for 4 teams and going shazam, you win. But how come I get 41 points after 3 groups, something must be wrong, there. Predicting, a win for Germany and a win for Serbia.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
[=~-Overheat-~;11375152]Points for predicting the group stage places:

From the other thread:

The Boss Giygas: 18....NOT! You edited the post on 16th, deadline's 11th, nice trick on another thread;)

Really I wasn't too big on the group stage placements, so if you don't have my "old" ones before the 11th you don't need to count me in this. I'm okay with it.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
So do I win a prize? For you know, just choosing an order for 4 teams and going shazam, you win. But how come I get 41 points after 3 groups, something must be wrong, there. Predicting, a win for Germany and a win for Serbia.

I didnt give points for today's matches yet. You got 35 for predicting Group B exact and 3+3 for predicting 2 correct places in Group A. However, you didnt predict match results or anything yet.

Good game for England, they played like they should've and could've scored more. Everyone was impressive. Rooney still looked like a shadow of his previous form, missing an awesome chance, but didnt play bad. Defoe, Milner, Gerrard and ofcourse Terry were ever so impressive!

USA - Algeria was like a fairytale ending. USA are like Euro 2008's Turkey. Comeback kings, they deserved to go through. They should've had 3 points from the last game anyway. Plus they should've won this game 2-0, they had a clear onside goal ruled offside. Feel sorry for Slovenia.

Germany - Ghana up next! But there's a huge dilemma surrounding me. I actually wish USA had drew and gone out. Because we're now almost set for a Germany - England showdown! The two teams i support! I will definitely be supporting Germany but it will be a huge pain to see England bow out of the competition so early. A huge dilemma indeed, but Germany need to win though. And despite all this, i'm hoping for a big Germany win!

7 tyranitars

I didnt give points for today's matches yet. You got 35 for predicting Group B exact and 3+3 for predicting 2 correct places in Group A. However, you didnt predict match results or anything yet.

Good game for England, they played like they should've and could've scored more. Everyone was impressive. Rooney still looked like a shadow of his previous form, missing an awesome chance, but didnt play bad. Defoe, Milner, Gerrard and ofcourse Terry were ever so impressive!

USA - Algeria was like a fairytale ending. USA are like Euro 2008's Turkey. Comeback kings, they deserved to go through. They should've had 3 points from the last game anyway. Plus they should've won this game 2-0, they had a clear onside goal ruled offside. Feel sorry for Slovenia.

Germany - Ghana up next! But there's a huge dilemma surrounding me. I actually wish USA had drew and gone out. Because we're now almost set for a Germany - England showdown! The two teams i support! I will definitely be supporting Germany but it will be a huge pain to see England bow out of the competition so early. A huge dilemma indeed, but Germany need to win though. And despite all this, i'm hoping for a big Germany win!

usa should have won last match :S and this one should have been won 2-0 they aren't realy lucky with 'offside' huh..

anyway that's why I only suport the Netherlands ofcourse I want some teams to win because I think they deserved it like usa in their last 3 matches

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
The US-Algeria was like a movie! They get a goal, then it doesn't count! Perfect chance to get a goal! Miss! Same thing happens like 3 more times! Three minutes left and we get it!!!!

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin f
So I guess I'll make some predictions for today's matches~

Germany 3 - 2 Ghana
Australia 0 - 1 Serbia

For who wins group D, I'll go for Germany winning & Ghana being the runners up.

I'm not much of a match result predicting type of guy, I can predict though that Argentina and Uruguay will win their matches.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
U.S vs Algeria
Yes we can? About time they had a "yes we did". Too bad this doesn't happen to all the U.S problems. Let's see 2 draws and 1 victory at the last seconds of the game? Well I still don't see them as a strong team, but they continue to the next round so congrats.

England vs Slovenia
About bloody time ol chaps, England wins and moves on. They'll face Germany next what a match.

Serbia vs Australia
I knew Australia would do it, they don't advance, but with their win they allow Ghana to move on which is what I wanted. Serbia played tough, but Australia played well.

Ghana vs Germany
Alright Germany barely wins and manages to win the group. They face England next, when was the last time Germany & England didn't go to war against each other, it's gonna be a classic match for many reasons.
Ghana the only African team to make it, good to see an African team make it, and they face USA next and if they win well then they move on!

For tomorrow:
Paraguay vs New Zealand: 1-0 Paraguay wins
Slovakia vs Italy: 0-2 Italy wins
Cameroon vs Netherlands: 1-2 Netherlands wins
Denmark vs Japan: 0-2 Japan

Giovanni

Long lost trainer
Italy is my team and origin,but geez they gotten so much weaker then they were in 2006.they got lucky to tie with paraguay and new zealand, next game, italy please win this!!!

Im not fond of this cup like the one in 2006, its pretty scary that the unusual teams are advancing.