• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread

7 tyranitars

england -germany 0-2
argintina - mexico 2-1

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Predictions

Germany 0-1 England
Argentina 2-3 Mexico

Tis a good day to be Ghanian. Hoping Ghana can now be the first African team into the semis.

So far so wrong J-Myc, Germany too strongth atm. Klose the man.

EDIT: Make that 2-0, Podolski is also the man. <3

EDIT EDIT: Make that 2-1 and tbh should be 2-2, but I mean stuff like that is hard for the ref to call.

Last edited:

saar

Shiny Flygon
Now I see Germany-England, the referee has canceled Lampard's goal...
The ball has passed in at least 2 meters the line. But to be honest, Germany are better now. (2-1).

Fenix

Tremulant
If England doesn't win this match there will be huge drama afterwards.

But seriously, how blind can a linesman be? It was such an obvious goal even the other linesman could have called it. The referees have really been utter **** this world cup.

SHINY CATCHER

Epic Snake is Epic!
Well played Germany, You took your chances and deserved the win. Good look in the Quarter-Finals.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Finally England are out, happy days

So far so wrong J-Myc, Germany too strongth atm. Klose the man.
Thank goodness, I'm glad Germany won, I would have be so disappointed if the crapper team had won this game.
If England doesn't win this match there will be huge drama afterwards.

But seriously, how blind can a linesman be? It was such an obvious goal even the other linesman could have called it. The referees have really been utter **** this world cup.
And that's where the problem is, the media will put the blame on a lot of things and start criticising the team for not doing well when the fact is, the team was never good enough in the first place then come next World Cup, they'll expect them to win the whole thing but really the cycle begins over again. The worse thing England could have done was to win the World Cup in 1966.

GG Rushden & Diamonds, you did well, The team called germany even though they don't have any Germans in their team, well you proved my prediction right. Gobless Der Komissar.

7 tyranitars

germany won even tho it should have been 2-2 :S ah well everybody has some bad luck with the refs sometimes..

It shouldn't've been 2-2, it should've been 4-2, we were abysmal, as I said previously we were more in the same league as Rushden & Diamonds, or Gateshead or Gretna.

saar

Shiny Flygon
I'm glad Germany won

Well since you're from London, it only proves that UK audiences don't trust their national team, too bad.
You have a lot to learn from the Germans. And hey, look on the bright side, you lost to the next world cup champion. ^

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Wow, i forgot to predict the most important match of the Round of 16, with two of my favourite sides clashing. Would've predicted 1-1, with the Germans winning in extra time, but wow! Breathtaking performance, breathtaking match, forget the disallowed goal, Germany were far superior. Gotta feel for the English, but the better team won. Forget how the teams are better by individuals, as a team, Germany were superior in defense, midfield and on front. My previous favourite World Cup game was Germany vs. Argentina in 2006 quarter finals when we won on penalties, but this one surely tops that!

Gotta love Oezil and Mueller and what a future they're in for. Watch out for them next time in Brazil! They're already tearing up defenses. How many times did they disect the entire English defense this match? Podolski, Lahm and Schweinsteiger were brilliant as always. Real World Class players. Friedrich, Mertesacker and Boetang have been really solid at the back, Neuer, Germany's third choice(actually 4th if Enke counted for anything) was solid as ever, despite his mistake in the England goal. Khedira has been an excellent replacement for Ballack. And Klose, you are the one who can break Ronaldo's world cup scoring record, only 3 short, you can do it! Lets see Argentina/Mexico dare challenge us! Bring on the quarter-finals! Bring on Argentina/Mexico!

Argentina 3-1 Mexico, quarter final clash: Germany vs. Argentina

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Not that it matters

Well since you're from London, it only proves that UK audiences don't trust their national team, too bad.
You have a lot to learn from the Germans. And hey, look on the bright side, you lost to the next world cup champion. ^
London is quite a diverse place, my location isn't necessarily an indication of my nationality.

Double-oh-Platypus

Unfortunately, I wasn't on yesterday to make any predictions, but wow! That England/Germany game was really something. Germany was just really on top of things and I figure they had possession of the ball more than half the time. I'm starting to think my uncle was pretty smart to go with the Germans (but it's only natural as he is German ;) )

tharjaandme

Trash Mainer
Well, there goes Mexico. I wish they would have at least lost gracefully :(