• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Germnay vs England
Okay Germany whooped England good. During the last wars these 2 fought I guess the main reason England won was cause of it’s allies, but no allies here just 1 vs 1 and Germany clearly is the super power. Now Germany goes on to face the powerful Argentina.

Mexico vs Argentina
Okay prepare for some Ranting! Argentina destroyed Mexico again! My country is out, but after such a horrible display why shouldn’t we be. We played BAD really bad, that 2nd goal was a clear give away, no team so far has done such a stupid mistake like that. How the hell are you gonna pass the ball to the other team right in front of your goal? And Mexico just didn’t strike enough, their passing game is the worst, they couldn’t pass the ball to each other at all, and their reflexes were poor it took them like 1 minute to react to something, overall bad.
But then again we did lose against Argentina one of the best there is, they are very active, didn’t stop moving, took a lot of goal shots, clearly they have the speed, and they win.

Tomorrow:
Netherlands vs Slovakia: 3-0 Netherlands will win easy.
Brazil vs Chile: 3-1 A though one here, but I’m giving it to Brazil.

Last edited:

7 tyranitars

the matches of monday

the Netherlands- slowakia 2-0

brasil - chile 3-0

pikachu2k10

Engaland out of world cup!! get in!!!

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Bad day for linesmans

Mexico vs Argentina
Okay prepare for some Ranting! Argentina destroyed Mexico again! My country is out, but after such a horrible display why shouldn’t we be. We played BAD really bad, that 2nd goal was a clear give away, no team so far has done such a stupid mistake like that. How the hell are you gonna pass the ball to the other team right in front of your goal? And Mexico just didn’t strike enough, their passing game is the worst, they couldn’t pass the ball to each other at all, and their reflexes were poor it took them like 1 minute to react to something, overall bad.
But then again we did lose against Argentina one of the best there is, they are very active, didn’t stop moving, took a lot of goal shots, clearly they have the speed, and they win.
To be fair, their morale clearly was shot to pieces after the goal which was wrongly given. The first moments of the game, all up until that goal Mexico were just as equal and had every chance of winning. The fault doesn't really lie with the referee's or assistants but rather more to do with the error that allowed the replay to be broadcast on the big screen and to give the Mexicans proof that they were right in that the goal shouldn't have stood. After seeing something like that it's understandable that it would have a huge effect on the players confidence and morale.

Double-oh-Platypus

Hmm, I was disappointed with England getting knocked out of the runnings, but oh well. They weren't doing too well anyway.

Netherlands 2 - 1 Slovakia
Brazil 3 - 2 Chile

On another note, I am very, very excited for the Spain/Portugal game on Tuesday. Hopefully we'll see more action than we did with the Spain/Brazil game.

saar

Shiny Flygon
So Argentina won.. Pretty good. Messi still needs his first goal!

I think VS Germany, he will take on himself more. Then he might score..

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Germany vs England match was disappointing. Both teams played casually. It didn't look like it was a World Cup match. Germany was only able to score 4 goals because of England's sloppy defense. Argentina deserves a win against this German team.

Night_Walker

Wow, Germany really sliced England apart.
England were desperately unfortunate in that what should have been their second goal wasn't allowed even though the ball had crossed the line. But the Germans were simply too good, they had more legs, they were better coming forward and they had more belief in themselves.

Netherlands 3 - 0 Slovakia.
The Clockwork should continue unimpeded, even though the Slovakian team have really done well in their campaign so far.

Brazil 3 - 1 Chile.
This could become a tight match, but it depends how well both teams play.

btw, given some of us didn't post anything in relation to who'd get through each group and through the finals rounds could we see a flat games prediction points category?

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Not that its anything bad though, the Argentina-Mexico match turned out just as i predicted: Argentina dominating, Mexico still causing threats, and weak Mexican defending. Oh and the scoreline 3-1. I expected Argentina to play attacking, entertaining football, and they did. What a match we're set for! Germany vs. Argentina, arguably two of the most impressive teams this World Cup! We beat them last time same stage, lets do it again!

Netherlands 2-0 Slovakia
Brazil 3-1 Chile(it could be tight though, expecting something like the Spain-Chile game)

Kinda off topic, but Fabiano has literally told Manchester United to 'come and get him'! I really, really hope Manchester United snap him up! We all know what a world class striker he is and i expect him to score in the Chile game.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Predictions

Netherlands 2-0 Slovakia
Brazil 5-1 Chile

7 tyranitars

yes!! we won 2-1 but that ref gave a penalty in the last minute OMG >.> or else I would got the match exact ;x

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Netherlands vs Sloakia
I missed this game, but La Maquina Naranja spanish for The Orange Machine, wins this, they move on to face Brazil! A hard game between the 2.

Brazil vs Chile
I thought Chile would get at least 1 goal, but brazil just didn't let them. Brazil played well, they're a tough team even amongst the South Americans as they just beat one of their neighbors. They move on to face one of Europe's finest, the Netherlands.

Tomorrow:
Spain vs Portugal: 3-1 A tough match, but Spain isn't North Korea they'll give Portugal a lot of trouble and Spain wins.

Japan vs Paraguay: 2-0 Japan wins. This is a hard one, but Paraguay did tie 2 games and Japan won 2, the way they took out Denmark is proof of their skill.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I'm not suprised from Brazil, they always beaten Chile pretty easily. But Netherlands, althought the rival is only Slovakia, made another progression, and maybe they are kepping the power till the end, unlike other tournaments like the last Euro.

Spain 3-2 Portugal
Japan 0-1 Paraguay

Watching highlights of the Brazil vs Chile match, and damn are Brazil looking good. If they keep playing like this then damn they'll be looking good for a route to the final.