• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official FIFA World Cup 2018 Thread

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
That goal from Trippier had a lot of Beckham written all over we it.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
England 1-0 ahead at half-time. Clearly they were the dominating force in this half though I'd say that a bit of tinkering here and there and they would've been about 2-0 ahead now.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
England not doing this the easy way. Into Extra Time now. They were arguably the better team for the first hour and should have scored more than one goal. I still believe!

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
England not doing this the easy way. Into Extra Time now. They were arguably the better team for the first hour and should have scored more than one goal. I still believe!
Well in the second half it was totally different as Croatia totally dominated and TBH England were lucky that Persiç didn't score a 2nd goal (just hit the bar). I think given England's record in penalty shootouts it's better for them to score before time's over.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Ugh, England pay the price for falling asleep...

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It's Not Coming Home, England!!! :(:(:(

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
And we have the France vs Croatia for the final. France has the big advantage in terms of energy. Croatia has played for 360 minutes in the knockout rounds + two penalty shootouts.

But still Croatia proved that they cannot be underestimated while having arguably the best midfield out there. I want to see how they will keep up with Mbappe though.

buskalilly

The two teams in the first half of that match felt completely different to the two teams in the second half. In the end, though, Croatia were the better side and walked away with the win.

Come on the France now, though. I wanna see a Tottenham player captain the World Cup winning side.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Sorta feel disappointed for England, I really wanted a France vs England final as that would've been far more high profile. And I was inclining my support towards England in this match, Harry Kane afterall was my most favourite players in the tournament. But gotta give it to the Croatians, they really did display some incredible character to come back from being behind in just 5 minutes, equalise in the second half and score the winner in the 110'th minute. England started off in the game really well, but tapered off as the game progressed. I would have preferred a France vs England final anyday/anytime, but I guess it's now time for me to forget about it and applaud the Croatians for the way they played. :)

Hoping for another intense/mouth-watering FIFA World Cup 2018 classic in the final which makes the final memorable, for the sake of Football. :);)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Didn't want it anyway.
You sure about that?? ;);)

Well it's over for England, but it was an impressive run while it lasted. Besides, we might not be winning the world cup but the team won England's hearts, which is a wonderful thing to have imo.
I so upset, England did well to get this far tho. I am proud of our team.
Agreed, it was a really impressive and memorable run for England, after a long, long time since they actually perform this well in a World Cup and had English fans realistically hoping about winning the whole thing, which many England teams haven't even come close to doing in the last 2 decades. Harry and co. made me actually made me like and admire English football after such a long time, truly they won many hearts with their performance. I'm pretty sad that they lost, but in a grueling competitive environment like this, it happens and overall England fans should definitely be proud of the performance of Harry Kane and co. in this World Cup. :)

The two teams in the first half of that match felt completely different to the two teams in the second half. In the end, though, Croatia were the better side and walked away with the win.
Agreed, England started the match in a thoroughly dominating fashion but gradually tapered off as the game progressed as Croatia brought in their A game. TBH how many marks would you give this England team led by Harry Kane for their performance in this World Cup? Is this the best England team you've seen in a while? ;)

Come on the France now, though. I wanna see a Tottenham player captain the World Cup winning side.

Yeah I'll be rooting for France in the final too, as I think as a team they have been simply miles better than any other team in this World Cup, and I genuinely believe that they'll win.

Anyway my updated list of the Top 5 players of FIFA World Cup 2018 as of now:

1) Harry Kane

2/3) Romelu Lukaku

3/2) Kylian Mbappe

4) Luka Modric

5) Mario Mandzukic

Note: I'm now excluding the ratings out of 10 as it has become quite difficult to seperate each and every player with ratings with the very minor difference between their performances as the competition has gotten more gruelling.

Last edited:

buskalilly

TBH how many marks would you give this England team led by Harry Kane for their performance in this World Cup? Is this the best England team you've seen in a while? ;)

I can comfortably say this is the best English side I've ever seen in my life. Every single one of those lads can hold their head up high and I'm really excited to watch them going forward. They can only grow and improve as they play together.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan
Good effort by England but Croatia were there for the taking in 1st half, and then their lack of quality was kinda exposed after Croatia's goal (+ Southgate made bad subs)

Initially thought France-Croatia would be boring, but Kante+Pogba vs Rakitic+Modric could be amazing (Mbappe vs Lovren too, for different reasons :D )

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Poor end to the tournament for England as they lose 2-0 to Belgium in the 3rd place play-off to Belgium. Belgium got ahead in the match very early with a 4th minute goal. England had a lot of chances in the matche which were created by their strong offence, but some brilliant defending by Belgium denied Kane and Dier goals. Then Hazard's late goal in the 83rd minute basically sealed the deal for Belgium, ensuring that they will finish 3rd in the tournament. Nevertheless still a great great tournament this for Southgate and Harry Kane's team, it was great journey for them in this World Cup, despite the fact it ended in sort of poor fashion.