• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
With the Poke Flute in my Bag, I went to Route 12 and I used the Poke Flute to awaken Snorlax. I managed to weaken it and I wanted to capture it, but I had to beat it since I ran out of Great Balls. I arrived in Vermilion City next and I healed my Pokemon at the PC there and shopped for more items. I headed north to Saffron City and then I went west to Celadon City. I found another sleeping Snorlax near a gatehouse and I captured that one for my collection. I arrived at Cycling Road and I battled some of the Bikers and Cue Ball trainers that were there. I headed south after that, but I encountered even more Bikers on the way to Fuchsia City. I defeated them and leveled up my Pokemon. I saved my game on Route 18.

NitroLightningFlash

NitroLightningFlash's Pokemon Leaf Green Adventure-Part 7

Got down to Route 12, decided that i didn’t want to get the Snorlax blocking this path (because there was a second Snorlax still just past Celadon City anyway), so i just ran away from the Route 12 one, and continued down until i came to a place in Route 12 where i had to cut down a tree to access the grass, so i did and there i caught a Venonat and a Weepinbell respectively. I took the level 24 Venonat out right away and replaced Butterfree (and deposited Dugtrio as it wasn’t really helping any) as i’d already decided when i first started my game that i wanted Venomoth (my favourite butterfly/moth like Pokemon-even to this day).

Then i went back to Celadon City, remembering i hadn’t picked up HM Fly yet to help me get around easier, and whilst i was there, i also got the Tea from a lady in the Celadon Mansion, and gave it to a guard leading into Saffron City. To thank me for doing that he let me through to Saffron City (though i’m not going there just yet).

Also been testing some of my Pokemons’ Hidden Power type (i got the TM via Pickup from my Meowth, then after testing on one Pokemon i soft reset to check the others), and turns out:

~ Pikachu has Hidden Power Ice (YES!!) so now i’m really not sure i want to replace him after all, unless the replacement i’m thinking of winds up with Hidden Power Ice too of course.

~ Parasect has Hidden Power Electric, useful for Flying types he can’t hit otherwise i guess

~ Eevee has Hidden Power Electric too, which if i do go through with Flareon like i’m hoping-she’ll be able to hit Water type Pokemon (which in these games are very common) super effectively.

~ Venonat has Hidden Power Psychic (not that useful considering Venomoth gets Psychic moves anyway).

Decided to check on both Butterfree and Charmeleon (the teammates i dropped) just out of curiosity, they both had Hidden Power Rock so i guess i’m not missing out on much luckily (though granted Butterfree could of benefitted against Fire Types, but judging from the amount of damage Butterfree was dishing out, the Hidden Power attack strength wasn’t very high anyway).

Other than that; i haven’t really got that much further, since i’ve been spending time training Venonat. I’ll most likely be stuck in Lavender Town/Celadon City/flying round to rebattle trainers for a while as there’s much i need to do yet (i still need some TM’s from the Celadon Game Corner), as well as getting my Meowth to find at least two more Hidden Power TMs for the team.

Team:

;025;
Level: 35
Nature: Modest
Attacks: Thunderbolt, Slam, Brick Break, Thunder Wave

;047;
Level: 33
Nature: Serious
Attacks: Scratch, Spore, Leech Life, Bullet Seed

;133;
Level: 35
Nature: Modest
Attacks: Dig, Bite, Growl, Quick Attack

;048;
Level: 30
Nature: Timid
Attacks: Stun Spore, Leech Life, Confusion, PoisonPowder

Ran through the Elite 4 with no problems at all. Now I'm in the Sevii Islands to work on catching some new Pokemon for my team. I caught a Sneasel in Icefall Cave and had it take Alakazam's place in my party. My plan is that with Shadow Ball and Ice Beam, Sneasel will make a great addition to my team. It will run through Agatha with Faint Attack and Shadow Ball, and help with it's Ice Beam against Lance. Not to mention that it will take down my rival's Alakazam and help against his Tyranitar. My only predicament is I want to add at least 1 more Johto region Pokemon to my team but with Skarmory being a Fire Red exclusive I don't know if I should keep my Pidgeot or Machamp. I'm leaning towards Pidgeot because of the HM Fly and that it should take care of my rival's Heracross with no problems. So with that being said I need to find a replacement for my Machamp, which was an absolute powerhouse. Until then I'll keep my egg in my party and see where that goes. I might put some work into Fire Red until I can think of a good replacement for Machamp.

Current Leaf Green Team

Sneasel Lv.32
Lonely nature
Screech
Ice Beam
Quick Attack
Faint Attack

Pidgeot Lv.59
Mild nature
Fly
Aerial Ace
Wing Attack
Featherdance

Lapras Lv.59
Calm nature
Surf
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump
Sheer Cold

Ninetales Lv.61
Lonely nature
Safeguard
Confuse Ray
Quick Attack
Flamethrower

Venusaur Lv.63
Jolly nature
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Razor Leaf
Sleep Powder

Pokemon egg

Current Fire Red Team

Snorlax Lv.34
Mild nature
Rest
Headbutt
Strength
Body Slam

Pidgeot Lv.38 (thinking about switching him out for another Pokemon sense I chose Charmander in this game)
Calm nature
Fly
Aerial Ace
Wing Attack
Quick Attack

Dragonair Lv.37
Jolly nature
Slam
Twister
Shock Wave
Dragon Rage

Gyarados Lv.36
Serious nature
Bite
Surf
Twister
Water Pulse

Gengar Lv.37
Calm nature
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Night Shade
Shadow Punch

Charizard Lv.42
Modest nature
Ember
Mega Punch
Wing Attack
Flamethrower

Last edited:

Lorde

I finally made it to Fuchsia City and I healed my team at the PC, then I explored the city and I visited the Safari Zone warden's home. I had to find his for him in order to receive the Strength HM next and I ran to the Safari Zone and I decided to look for the teeth there. I was given Safari Balls and I explored the area. I captured a wild Venonat and a wild Nidorano, then I headed over to another area where I captured a Doduo. I managed to find a Chansey at one point, but it fled before I could capture it. My time ran out and I had to head back to the lobby. I paid another 500 Poke dollars and I headed back into the Safari Zone. I managed to find the teeth this time and I also found the building where the Surf HM was given.

I took a break from Leaf Green for a little bit to put some work into Fire Red, and I must say that my team on Fire Red may be more dangerous than the one I'm using in Leaf Green. Which is awesome if it turns out to be that way. Pidgeot was removed from my team after I went to Celadon City and got an Eevee. I evolved it right away into a Jolteon which has so many upsides with it's high Sp.Atk, Thunderbolt, and Shock Wave. After getting through Sliph Co. and beating my rival once again, I am now on my way to the Saffron Gym to have my Gengar earn me my 6th badge. Not to mention it should get some good training while I'm there.

Current Fire Red Team

Jolteon Lv.32
Quirky nature
Shock Wave
Double Kick
Sand Attack
Thunderbolt

Snorlax Lv.36
Mild nature
Rest
Headbutt
Strength
Body Slam

Dragonair Lv.37
Jolly nature
Twister
Ice Beam
Shock Wave
Dragon Rage

Gyarados Lv.37
Serious nature
Bite
Surf
Twister
Water Pulse

Gengar Lv.38
Calm nature
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Night Shade
Shadow Punch

Charizard Lv.43
Modest nature
Fly
Mega Punch
Wing Attack
Flamethrower

Lorde

So I left the Safari Zone and I visited the warden's home. I gave him his Gold Teeth and he gave me the Strength HM. I then pushed the boulder that was inside the warden's house. Afterwards, I entered the Fuchsia City Gym and as I went around, I challenged many Gym trainers while stumbling along the invisible walls. I eventually defeated all the Gym trainers, but I wasn't prepared to challenge Koga yet because my team was under-leveled. I dashed back to the Cycling Road and I used the Vs. Seeker to re-battle the Bikers there. I then strutted back to Fuchsia City and I went to Route 15 to the east of the city. I battled some of the trainers there for some more experience and I saved on my way back to Fuchsia City.

NitroLightningFlash

NitroLightningFlash's Pokemon Leaf Green Adventure-Part 8

Me and my Pokemon headed towards Cycling Road (decided to leave the Gym till later), and caught the Snorlax that was blocking the way (which took quite a while as it kept going for Rest when it’s HP got low...). Before going to Cycling Road though, i went inside the building which led to there and picked up an Amulet Coin from another of Prof. Oaks Aides for catching at least 40 Pokemon (i had exactly 40 by then, after catching the Snorlax). I straightaway equipped the Amulet Coin to Venonat as she was at the front of my party at the time and we entered Cycling Road.

Finally, after working really hard battling the trainers again and again on Cycling Road, i was able to get the TM my Eevee needed from Celadon Game Corner (Flamethrower-as well as the Ice Beam and Shadow Ball TMs, just in case i needed them). I then used my Fire Stone and evolved Eevee into Flareon at level 36, and taught her Flamethrower (replaced Fire Spin which she learned upon evolution for it). At level 31 Venonat also evolved into Venomoth and she learned Gust upon evolution.

After raising my Pokemon a little bit more, i decided to deposit Parasect into the PC (i REALLY wanted to keep the guy and he has served the team well, but in the end he wound up just not being as effective any more, i was going to teach him Dig-which typically would of helped against Fire types as he’s 4x weak to Fire type moves, but since Parasect has such a low speed, he wouldn’t of outsped anything to get the Dig off so it wouldn’t of worked out well...but i may put him in the Daycare near Cerulean City and go from there later).

Afterwards, i decided to finally take on Erika at the Celadon City Gym, we went in and fought all the trainers, which were super easy thanks to Flareon’s Flamethrower (i just knew all the time grinding for enough coins for Flamethrower would be worth it and it sure paid off ;3), and then finally took on Erika; and thanks to Flareon, we won and received the RainbowBadge and TM Giga Drain, which i taught to Venomoth right away. (Usually i’d say how it went, but there’s no point this time, since basically all three of Erikas’ Pokemon were one-shotted by Flareon so not much to say haha).

After leaving the Gym, i healed my team up and headed down again towards Cycling Road, and then after getting to the end of it, we entered Fuchsia City.

Team:

;025;
Level: 41
Nature: Modest (-Attack, + Sp. Attack)

;136;
Level: 41
Attacks: Flamethrower, Dig, Quick Attack, Bite

;049;
Level: 42
Nature: Timid (-Attack, + Speed)
Attacks: Sleep Powder, Psybeam, Gust, Giga Drain

Fire Red Update

My Gengar swept through the Saffron City gym with ease. After I got badge number 6 I flew back to Fuchsia City and battled the trainers on route 19 all the way to the Seafoam Islands to give my Jolteon some more training. Defeating all of the trainers there, I flew back to Pallet town and surfed south on route 21 where my Jolteon got even more training. It didn't stop there because when I got to Cinnabar Island I surfed east on route 20 where, you guessed it, my Jolteon got some training in. After I battled all the trainers, I flew back to Cinnabar and took my Dome Fossil to the Pokemon Research Lab where the scientist revived Kabuto. Although I had no plans to use him in my team, it help put another Pokemon on my Pokedex(currently have caught 83 Pokemon). Although I might use him one day if I start a new game. I then continued my journey by exploring the Pokemon mansion, where I battled more trainers, caught a couple pokemon, and picked up all the items which included the Secret Key and the TM's Solarbeam and Blizzard. With the Secret Key I was finally able to gain access into the Cinnabar gym. It was fairly easy with my Gyarados handling all of the fire type trainers with ease. When I got to Blaine, Gyarados continued it's battle with the fire types until finally fainting againts his Arcanine. With Arcanine close to defeat after a surf attack, I then sent out my Snorlax which gave it a Body Slam attack and won me my 7th badge. When exiting the gym I ran into Bill who asked me to go to One Island with him, I declined for now. After healing my team at the Pokemon Center, I then flew to Fuschia once again to work on my Pokedex at the Safari Zone. My main objective was to catch a Chansey, which I didn't do despite encountering it twice. Although I now know which zone Chansey is in so I will be back for it before I go through Victory Road. I am now on my way back to Cinnabar to join Bill on his trip to One Island and get some more training in before I challenge the Viridian City gym for my final badge.

Current Fire Red Team

Dragonair Lv.38
Jolly nature
Agility
Ice Beam
Shock Wave
Dragon Rage

Snorlax Lv.37
Mild nature
Rest
Headbutt
Strength
Body Slam

Jolteon Lv.45
Quirky nature
Shock Wave
Pin Missle
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave

Gyarados Lv.41
Serious nature
Bite
Surf
Twister
Hydro Pump

Gengar Lv.41
Calm nature
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Destiny Bond (may be replaced with Psychic or Shadow Ball)
Shadow Punch (also may be replaced with Psychic or Shadow Ball)

Charizard Lv.44
Modest nature
Fly
Slash
Mega Punch
Flamethrower

Last edited:

NitroLightningFlash

NitroLightningFlash's Pokemon Leaf Green Adventure-Part 9

After reaching Fuchsia City, i decided to go to the Safari Zone as there were a couple things to attend to whilst being there. So i paid the money to get in and then found some Gold Teeth as well as HM Surf. As i still had some time left on the clock, i decided to try and catch some Pokemon by fishing in the water, i wound up catching a level 15 Dratini, level 30 Seaking, and level 15 Goldeen (with my Super Rod), and a level 25 Exeggcute by just running around the grass, saw a Chansey too (but it ran away sadly). The timer ran out before i could try for more.

After leaving the Safari Zone, i went to the Wardens’ house and returned his Gold Teeth and as a reward he gave me HM Strength (which will be useful later), and next door, i collected a Good Rod from a Fisherman there.
After catching a Gyarados in the water in the Fishing Guru/Wardens back garden, i decided to take out the newly caught Seaking and use him in my team, at level 30 he was way behind the other three members of my team in terms of level, so i trained him up in Cycling Road, rebattling the trainers, (seriously VS. Seeker is the best).

After training Seaking and teaching him the newly acquired Surf HM and the Ice Beam TM from Celadon Game Corner; i took on the Fuchsia City Gym trainers which, just like Celadon City was a walk in the park (i guess it didn’t help that my Pokemon are sort of over-levelled thanks to grinding for money) and then faced Koga-the Gym Leader there. Thanks to Venomoth though it was easy enough (having Psybeam and being resistant to Poison moves), the only problem being that his Muk kept on using Minimize to up it’s evasion so my Venomoths’ Psybeam didn’t hit for a few turns.

After defeating Koga; he gave me the SoulBadge and also TM Toxic (was going to give this to Venomoth, but then decided that i wouldn’t for now so i saved the TM).

Team:

;025;

;136;
Level: 43

;049;

;119;
Nature: Serious (-Nothing, + Nothing)
Attacks: Surf, Horn Attack, Flail, Ice Beam

Lorde

Back in Fuchsia City, I healed my Pokemon at the PC. I returned to the Fuchsia City Gym next and arrived at Koga's spot. I finally challenged him to a battle and he used Koffing. I used my Raichu and I defeated Koffing with Thunderbolt. I switched to Nidoqueen when Koga used Muk and I used Body Slam against it. That did damage, but Muk survived. I switched to Graveler instead and I beat Muk with Magnitude. I battled against Weezing and Koga's second Koffing afterwards and I was able to beat them without much difficulty. I obtained the Soul Badge and the Toxic TM after I defeated Koga and I visited the Fuchsia City PC again to heal my injured team. I saved the game before heading back towards Route 15 again.

NitroLightningFlash

NitroLightningFlash's Pokemon Leaf Green Adventure-Part 10

After leaving the Gym, i decided that now i was able to Surf; i could go to the Power Plant and get another team member i’d been after for a while (Magnemite), however i realized that in these games, all Steel-type moves are physical, plus they only get Metal Sound as a Steel type move in FireRed/LeafGreen anyway, so decided to just keep Pikachu after all as a permanent team member (since he has Hidden Power Ice and all, plus better type coverage) which is a shame since i really wanted to use Magneton. I taught Pikachu Hidden Power (unfortunately, my Meowth didn’t manage to find another Hidden Power TM, which is why i held off teaching Pikachu the TM for a while).

I decided to go the Power Plant anyway though, just to catch Magnemite and Magneton for my Pokedex. First though; i flew back to Cerulean City, went to Route 5 (where the Daycare is) and put Parasect in-training there before heading to Route 10 (where the water you Surf on to get to the Power Plant is).

Me and my Pokemon got back onto Route 10, then got Seaking to Surf on the water we couldn’t before until we came to the Power Plant. There was a trainer wanting to battle outside, so battled him then went in and searched around for Magnemite and Magneton (for the Pokedex). I caught them, then after leaving the Power Plant (i’ll get Zapdos later), decided to head back to Fuchsia City and go east through to Route 15.

EDIT: It seems like we've forgotten to take on Sabrina in the Saffron City Gym-oops haha, so actually we're going to head to Saffron City and deal with the shenanigans there first (i remembered there's things to do in there), before we go to Route 15.

Team:

;025;
Attacks: Thunderbolt, Hidden Power (Ice), Brick Break, Thunder Wave

;136;
Level: 44

;049;

;119;

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Tonight, I did some more training with my Mewtwo on LeafGreen. I flew over to Celadon City and headed over to Cycling Road, where I battled quite a few Bikers since they used a ton of Poison type Pokemon. My Mewtwo managed to grow a level while training there, to level 94. After that, I rode my bike into Fuchsia City where I healed at the Pokemon Center. I then headed out again, this time to Routes 14 and 15. While there, I defeated more trainers again until Mewtwo reached level 95. Once that was accomplished, I healed up my Pokemon again and then saved. Will continue my training, most likely later on in the week.

Lorde

I arrived in Lavender Town again next, then I dashed towards Saffron City. I passed through the gatehouse and I noticed that Team Rocket grunts had entered the city. After running through town, I visited Silph Co. building since that's where Team Rocket was causing issues. I arrived at the lobby and I ran up the stairs and spotted some Team Rocket grunts on the upper office floors. I battled them and I climbed the building some more and I saw several rooms were currently locked and I needed a key to unlock them. I continued to battle trainers at Silph Co., but I eventually left the building to heal my Pokemon at the Saffron City Pokemon Center. I went back to Silph Co. afterwards and I saved on the seventh floor.

NitroLightningFlash

NitroLightningFlash's Pokemon Leaf Green Adventure-Part 11

Upon entry into Saffron City, i noticed there were Team Rocket members everywhere who had blocked off entry into several places, including Saffron City Gym so couldn’t battle there yet. As i looked around, i noticed there was one house that wasn’t blocked off so i went in and the person there gave me TM Psychic, which i could of given Venomoth, but since Venomoth learns Psychic later on anyway; decided there was little point.

At the top of the city (by the Saffron City Gym), there was another building that looked like a Gym so i went in and it was a Fighting Dojo, where i had to battle all the trainers there and after winning i could get a ‘prized Fighting type Pokemon’, always up for a challenge and wanting to be a step closer to finishing the Pokedex, i agreed to battle and won thanks to Venomoths' Psybeam and resistance to Fighting Type moves. Decided to go with Hitmonchan (i just like it’s battle style more i guess and i could breed and get a Tyrogue anyway later on and get Hitmonlee too anyway), though i wouldn’t be using it on the team.

After this, i headed to the Silph Co. Building, where i cut through the shortcut way (my Pokemon were already high enough levelled i thought so didn’t want to waste time), which is; go to the 5th floor, go to the warp that’s in the room (avoiding the trainer) twice then further along the way the Card Key is. I picked it up and then went straight to the 3rd floor, battled a Team Rocket Grunt who was right next to where i had to use the Card Key, beat him and then went to the warp at the end of the room after using the Card Key on the door.

I warped to a room where my rival was waiting to battle me (i forgot about the rival being here) , Pikachu got critted right away by his level 37 Pidgeot after not quite taking Pidgeot out with Thunderbolt, so used Flareons’ Quick Attack to finish the thing off...then to my horror his level 40 Blastoise came out next (i couldn’t revive Pikachu as i had no Revives, though i thought i did) so i brought out Venomoth and used Giga Drain (which did NOTHING to Blastoise Dx), then used Sleep Powder (after he used Protect so i just went for it again -.-) to put him to sleep then just spammed Giga Drain until Blastoise fainted (got lucky there). Next he sent out his level 35 Exeggcute, to which i just used Flamethrower with Flareon and one-shotted it. Then my rival sent out his level 35 Alakazam to which i sent out my Seaking and used Horn Attack after Alakazam used Future Sight (which got Alakazam to 50% remaining HP), Alakazam used Future Sight again (i was like huh????) then Seaking used used a final Horn Attack which took Alakazam out. Finally my rival sent out his level 38 Growlithe, which got one-shotted by my Seakings’ Surf attack, so i luckily won him again...but after struggling a bit against Pidgeot and Blastoise, it showed me that i DO have to train more-maybe it would of been easier with my Parasect being here with Blastoise (but of course he’s not here right now since he’s in-training on Route 5 in the Daycare)...and maybe i should evolve Pikachu as well since there’s no Light Ball in LeafGreen i found out...

Anyway, after my rival left, i spoke to a guy who was standing in the room and he saw i wasn’t a Team Rocket member and gave me a Lapras-which isn’t useful since i have Seaking already, but i gladly took Lapras anyway (even if only for the Pokedex). After that, i quickly went to the Pokemon centre and healed up my Pokemon (to revive Pikachu), deposited Lapras and then headed back to where i was before and used the warp at the end of the room which took me to the 11th Floor and got stopped by a Team Rocket Grunt, i defeated his Cubone and Marowak with Pikachu (Hidden Power Ice for the win!!), and Drowzee with Flareons’ Bite, then used the Card Key to open the door and came face to face with Giovanni the head of Team Rocket (who had taken the President of Silph Co. hostage) and he wanted to battle us again.

He led off with his level 37 Nidorino which Seaking defeated with Surf. Giovannis’ level 41 (?!) Nidoqueen was next which again got defeated by Seakings’ Surf, then Flail (though Nidoqueens’ Body Slam paralysed him first). Then he sent out his level 35 Kangaskhan which Pikachu three-shotted with Brick Break. Finally Giovanni sent out his level 37 Rhyhorn and i sent out Seaking again. Rhyhorn used Rock Blast, then Seaking used Surf which critted and defeated Rhyhorn (not sure if the critical hit mattered). Then after defeat, Giovanni left again.

After defeating him, i went to the President who was thankful for our help in saving Silph, and as a reward; he gave me a Master Ball (which may prove useful later on), and i left Silph Co, healed my Pokemon and now we’re getting ready to face Sabrina at the Saffron City Gym, though we’re likely to go back to Silph Co. and pick up all the items we’ve missed.

Team:

;025;

;136;
Nature: Modest (-Attack, + Sp Attack)

;049;
Level: 45

;119;

Last edited:

Lorde

At Silph Co., I finally managed to obtain the Card Key on the 5th floor and I unlocked a few rooms. I found more items and I healed my Pokemon thanks to a woman by some beds. I went to the 3rd floor again and I used a warp panel to visit another room. I met my rival there and I had to battle him. I managed to defeat him eventually and then I obtained a free Lapras from an employee. I headed back down and I visited the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon again and to deposit the Lapras inside my PC. I went back to Silph Co. and I arrived at the 11th floor where I battled against Giovanni. I defeated his team and I obtained the Master Ball as a reward from the president of Silph. Co. I then saved the game.

NitroLightningFlash

NitroLightningFlash's Pokemon Leaf Green Adventure-Part 12

After going back to Silph. Co and picking up the item we hadn’t got yet, we headed to the Saffron City Gym to take on Sabrina; when we got into the gym, there was a lot of warp panels. We decided to just take on every trainer we came across (since we got beat up pretty bad by the rival, i figured we needed as much training as possible) whilst trying to navigate through the gyms’ warp panel maze. The trainers we were battling turned out to have a lot of Psychic Pokemon, but they weren’t too hard to beat (a LOT of crits though...). Eventually after about an hour of trying to find the way and battling, we found the Gym Leader waiting who apparently had already had a vision of our arrival before we got to her.

The battle started; Sabrina started off with her level 38 Kadabra, Pikachu used Thunderbolt, getting Kadabra 75% HP down, Kadabra used Future Sight, as Pikachu was getting ready to finish Kadabra off with a Thunderbolt, Sabrina healed it with Hyper Potion. Pikachu used Thunderbolt again and yet again Kadabra used Future Sight. This time, Sabrina didn’t heal, and Kadabra went down after another Thunderbolt.

Sabrina sent out her level 37 Mr. Mime (which surprisingly was a girl, shouldn’t it be Mrs. Mime? Haha...), i sent out Flareon...however as soon as Flareon came out, she was hit by the Future Sight attack, which took her down nearly exactly to 50% HP. Flareon used Bite on Mr. Mime (i had faith that she could still take one hit)...but it didn’t matter since Mr. Mime used Calm Mind; increasing it’s Special Attack and Special Defense (meaning Flareons’ Bite wouldn’t do as much uh-oh...). Mr. Mime had about 35-45% HP left, so Flareon used Bite again (i pretty much had no choice but to attack rather than heal as i really didn’t want to give Mr. Mime the chance to Calm Mind again since it was going to hit harder the more it buffed it’s stats up, and Flareons’ Bite would do less and less), luckily Flareons’ Bite took it out this time though.

Then Sabrina sent out her level 38 Venomoth, which Flareon outsped (surprisingly) and fainted with her Flamethrower, before Venomoth had the chance to do anything.

Finally Sabrina sent out her ace-her level 43 (!!!!????) Alakazam, i didn’t think Flareon could survive two attacks from it, rendering me healing her useless, so i just went for Bite again, but before Flareon could do anything Alakazam used Future Sight (seriously?? I could of healed...), however Flareon scored a critical hit on her Bite attack (i’m pretty sure that mattered) so Alakazam went down in one hit, meaning we’d won the battle.

After defeating Sabrina; she gave me the MarshBadge and TM Calm Mind (i’m assuming it was anyway). Me and my Pokemon left the gym, and are now probably going to Fly to Pallet Town and Surf to Cinnabar Island, to take on the next Gym Leader.

Team:

;025;

;136;

;049;

;119;

Lorde

Next I went back to Cycling Road and I trained there for about 30 minutes or so to get my team leveled up for the Saffron City Gym battle. Once that was taken care of, I went back towards Saffron City and I visited the Fighting Dojo building next. I battled the trainers there and I was able to obtain a free Hitmonlee from the Karate Master dude. I sashayed to the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon and then I visited the Saffron City Gym and I started battling the Gym trainers inside. I warped around using the warp panels around the Gym and I left once to heal my Pokemon since those Psychic-type Pokemon were taking a toll on my team. I returned to the Gym and I saved the game before challenging Sabrina.

NitroLightningFlash

NitroLightningFlash's Pokemon Leaf Green Adventure-Part 13

After finishing at the Saffron City Gym, i flew to Pallet Town and went to see Prof. Oak to get my Pokedex rated (since i was there, i thought i may as well). He looked and said i had seen 118 and i had caught 67 of them, and that it was turning into quite a respectable Pokedex.

I left Prof. Oaks Lab, then went to Surf on the water in Pallet Town, which took me down to Route 21, i searched around the grassy area for a bit; but all i seemed to find was Tangela there which i’d already caught in the Safari Zone, i hoped there were more Pokemon but ah oh well.

We continued Surfing down Route 21 and found a lot of Swimmers there, to which i just used Pikachu and Seaking to defeat them (sooo many Tentacools though in the water, i had to use Repels since they were driving me crazy) and they both gained valuable experience (i was concentrating on Seaking mainly though as i was going to need him a lot for the next gym).

Eventually after about half an hour later; we came to Cinnabar Island, and looked around for a bit and discovered a place where we could revive the Helix Fossil (that we got so long ago now in Mt. Moon) and the Old Amber (which i picked up from Pewter City Museum sometime after i got Cut and could go through the back way). They were revived and they turned into Omanyte (Helix Fossil) and Aerodactyl (Old Amber) respectively. Due to them being only level 5 though (i could of sworn they were level 20 in the original games), i wouldn’t be able to use them without a lot of grinding (though i was considering Omanyte at first, but remembered i already had Seaking so knew it would be a waste of time training Omanyte up).

After reviving said fossils; we tried to get into the gym, but the door was locked. Then i remembered i had to go to the Pokemon Mansion first and find the gym key to get in there (the strange mansion towards the top of the city), so that’s what me and my Pokemon are planning to do next.

Honestly, i'm not looking forward to the mansion at all as i remember it was a pain to get through, even though i think i know what to do to get the key. I'm also in need of a 6th teammate (i know i only have 4 with me right now, but i'll be going back for my old Parasect (who is still in-training at the Daycare on Route 5) pretty soon (after the gym since he won't be useful here after all as he's 4x weak to Fire type attacks!! Dx), so i really need to think of someone else to have (i won't be using any of the legendary birds).

Team:

;025;

;136;

;049;

;119;

Last edited:

Lorde

I finally fought Sabrina and I used Pidgeot against Kadabra. I beat Kadabra with Fly and I used Nidoqueen against Mr. Mime after that and I defeated it with Thief. I switched back to Pidgeot and I defeated her Alakazam with Fly as well and then I used Ninetales against her Venomoth and I defeated it with Fire Blast. I obtained the Marsh Badge and the Gym's TM after that and I left the Saffron City Gym. I went over to the local Pokemon Center and then I healed my injured Pokemon inside of there. I bought some items including Super Potions at the Poke Mart and then I flew to Fuchsia City in order to head south to Cinnabar Island. I arrived at the shore of Route 19 and saved after battling a Swimmer person nearby.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Finished training my Mewtwo tonight. I fought the Elite Four for experience again and got Mewtwo to level 97. Then, I sailed over to One Island and did some more training there. I ended up staying there longer than planned, reaching level 99. Finally, I hopped on over to Three Island to get Mewtwo its final level. I rematched trainers in the Bond Bridge area over and over until Mewtwo levelled up to 100. Then, I returned to the Three Island Pokemon Center and stored it in the PC where it will stay forever for now.

There's only one more Pokemon of mine that I want to finish levelling, my Dragonite. I'll start training it next time most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.