• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I fought Agatha next and she used her first Gengar, which my Arcanine beat. I slayed her Golbat with Zapdos's Thunderbolt next, then her Haunter with my Poliwrath. I used Nidoqueen against Agatha's Arbok and won with Earthquake and I used my Pidgeot against Agatha's second Gengar. I sashayed to Lance's room next and thrashed his Gyarados with Zapdos's Thunderbolt attack, then I slayed his first Dragonair with Poliwrath's Ice Beams. I beat Lance's Dragonite with Nidoqueen's Rock Tomb attacks, then I fought his second Dragonair. I defeated Dragonair with Poliwrath's Ice Beams and thrashed his Aerodactyl last with Poliwrath's Surf attack. After all the Elite Four members had lost, I saved the game.

Kalosian

So long
Played LeafGreen a bit today. What I am going to do on this game now is to catch all the Unown letters, like I did on Platinum earlier this week. It might be a bit harder this time around though as I have checked the encounter rates for the various letters, and some only have a 1-2% chance of appearing, which is disheartening. But I will get all of them, it doesn't matter how long it takes.

Started a bit today. Checked through my boxes and found a Zangoose at level 55 which knew False Swipe. Withdrew it as well as my Fearow which knows Fly. Then I took the boat to Seven Island and headed down to the Tanoby Ruins through Sevault Canyon. Didn't have to solve the Tanoby Key as I did that last year before completing my Pokedex. Entered some of the Tanoby Chambers now and started catching Unown. I caught all Unown letters that can be found in the Dilford Chamber, as well as all common ones that can be found in the Monean, Liptoo and Weepth Chambers. In total, I caught 13 Unown letters. Will continue tomorrow, hoping to catch all remaining ones, though I'm not sure if it will happen due to the low encounter rates for some of them.

Lorde

I entered the Champion's room and fought my rival there. He used Pidgeot first and my Zapdos's Thunder beat it, then I slayed my rival's Rhydon with my Poliwrath's Surf attack. I then switched back to my Zapdos again and beat Exeggutor with Drill Peck, then my rival used his Alakazam. I swapped out to Arcanine and eventually defeated Alakazam with Overheat and I used Zapdos again against my rival's Gyarados. Thunderbolt thrashed it and finally my rival used his Charizard and I defeated it with Nidoqueen's Rock Tomb attacks. After I had defeated the Champion, Professor Oak showed up and he scolded his grandson and praised me, then Professor Oak registered me and my Pokemon into the Kanto Hall of Fame.

Kalosian

So long
Since my last post, I have continued on my quest to catch all the Unown letters in LeafGreen. I managed to catch all common forms in the Scufib and Viapois Chambers, and then I got really lucky in the Rixy Chamber as I met not only all the common ones, but also the rather rare B Unown. With that, I had all common forms at least. So I just had to catch the remaining rare ones as well. Which I did. Some of them were not easy to find, the E and K Unown felt like they took forever to appear, while the others went a bit faster, especially ! and ? which I found surprisingly fast. With that done, I had caught all the Unown letters on this game, so I was done with this. Went to a Pokemon Center and organized them in a separate box. Now I have a full Unown collection on both generations 3 & 4, which I have never had before so this is cool. I won't go back and try to get one on Gen 2, but I might try to get one in Gen 6 as well in the future, not sure about it though. I will probably not play FR/LG anymore now as I can't think of anything more to do on them at the moment.

Lorde

So next I awoke in Pallet Town and spoke with Professor Oak. He updated me and my rival's Pokedex into the National Pokedex, then I flew to Vermilion City. I took the Seagallop ferry to Knot Island and I talked to Celio. He was struggling to upgrade his Network Machine to do long-distance trades and needed some gemstones. So next I Surfed to Kindle Road and I battled some trainers again using my Vs. Seeker, then Surfed towards Mt. Ember. I got there and saw two Rocket grunts. I fought them and got a password for the Rocket Warehouse and entered a cave. I quickly dashed through the maze of tunnels and suddenly I encountered a wild Slugma inside and I captured it. I then used Rock Smash and caught a Magcargo.

Aegon

After ten years, I've finally completed my Kanto Pokédex in LeafGreen (aside from Mew, of course). I just had some FireRed exclusives left to record, so I traded them over from a copy I bought two years ago. It felt very satisfying to receive the certificate for its completion, since I never thought I'd be able to do it when I first played the game.

Snivy18

I found my way around Mount Moon, selecting the Dome Fossil on my way out. I kept grinding on Route 4 with my Pokemon to face against Blue and the Nugget Bridge. I cleared past the area and headed my way towards Misty. Now that all my Pokemon was level 20+, I defeated Misty and the gym and headed my way towards Vermilion. I started to work on my Pokemon again in S.S. Anne, but failed a couple times because of the fact that my Pokemon keep getting affected by Poison many times by Pokemon like Nidoran. I kept grinding until I felt like I was prepared to face again Blue again.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Played LeafGreen for a little while today. I started on Seven Island and sailed back to Vermilion City right away. Once there, I wandered around Kanto for a while with no real goal in mind, just walking around out of boredom. Eventually, I decided to Fly to Celadon City to go to the Game Corner there. I spent some time playing the slot machines, and even though I made quite a few matches, I spent more coins than I won at first. But then, I got two big combos worth 108 and 308 coins, which was pretty nice. I stopped playing after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.