• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyroflame0487

Kind of a big deal
The last things I've done in my Leafgreen? Let's see..

I hunted for 3 days for Suicune, untill I eventually trapped it nearby Celadon City. Named it Crystal, after the game, it also has a Hasty nature..so.go for the Defense..

I also tried hunting down every last Unown in the caves, and, suprisingly, came across the first shiny I've ever seen in my games (Excluding the Red Gyarados from G/S/C). I nabbed it, and named it after the letter-Z. It's got a Bold nature, and, I'm training it up to lv. 100 in Diamond right now...

With the enormous lack of any good Kanto Pokemon in DP, I've begun hunting down just about every Pokemon I can find...Which has been exciting...

...And I just noticed that I forgot that i caught my Articuno in a Great Ball...lucky me?

HoagiethePokeBreeder

Poke’veteran
I actually just caught a Shiny Poliwhirl in my LG scramble challene! Cheers!

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Finally re started my Leafgreen. Currently re starting for a Sassy Bulbasaur

MekeHeke

It is time for another big update :)

Travelled down Silence bridge, easily beating all the trainers. Caught Venonat and Ditto in the grasses. With the Super Rod I when on an extreme fishing trip; catching Goldeen, Krabby, Horsea, Poliwag and Staryu. I entered the Safari Zone for the first time and caught Rhydon, Exeggcute, Slowpoke, Dratini and with a lot of luck, Kangaskhan.

I then left and decided to return later after I got my 5th badge. I needed to train. My goal was to get all my team up to level 36 in time for Koga, as well as evolve any pokes that were a level or so away from evolving. With all the trainers on Silence Bridge, around Fushchia, up Cycling Road and after using the Vs Seeker a couple of times, I achieved my goal. Machop evolved into Machoke, Charmander into Charizard and Pidgeotto into Pidgeot. I also evolved Poliwag into Poliwhirl, and Slowpoke into Slowbro.

Time for the badge. I decided that Slowbro would be more help than Machoke, so I swapped them out for this fight. We owned Koga, Slowbro was the only Pokemon that lost any HP! I realized I had a lot of money now, so I flew back to Celadon and bought Porygon.

I have now been entering the Safari Zone, trying to capture Pinsir, Chansey and Tauros, but man is it hard. They seem to run after everything I do, some even run after I throw bait. Does anyone have any tips on the best way to capture Safari Pokemon? I have been trying Bait/Rock/Ball/.

Anyway, here are my Pokemon as of now:

;006; Charizard, MALE, Lv.37, Serious Nature
- Flamethrower
- Wing Attack
- Brick Break
- Metal Claw

;018; Pidgeot, FEMALE, Lv.36, Careful Nature
- Aerial Ice
- Fly
- Sand-Attack
- Featherdance

;064; Kadabra, MALE, Lv.36, Lax Nature
- Psychic
- Psybeam
- Future Sight
- Recover

;071; Victreebel, FEMALE, Lv.36, Naive Nature
- Toxic
- Acid
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain

;067; Machoke, MALE, Lv.36, Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Vital Throw
- Focus Energy
- Seismic Toss

;134; Vaporeon, FEMALE, Lv.36, Naughty Nature
- Water Pulse
- Bite
- Surf
- Quick-Attack

swampert55

I caught Mewtwo in my FR today-flawless special attack (23/22/4/31/11/25) with a Serious nature. I'm starting EV training.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Found a Calm male Bulbasaur.
Battled rival and won just
Went to Poke mart and collected prof oaks pacel
delivered the parcel
received pokede and 5 pokeballs
Caught a male Bold Mankey and currently training up, no particular i'll need it to help me
beat my rival.

Currently Raising both pokemon to level 10. Then i'm beating my rival

golduck#1

lol well after playing my game for a while i unrevaled it from my cupboard and started playing it for a bit. i saw my mr mime being such a low level compared to my others so i trained it up to lvl 37. learned pyschic . and started training my others up so yeah

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Caught the following pokemon:
Serious Weedle
Bold Rattata
Bashful Caterpie
Quiet Pidgey

Currently:
Training all pokemon i have to level 15 before i take on Brock. Weedle is proving to be difficult to train and Caterpie is already a Metapod.

mewfanforlife

I came back to my restarted FR after not playing it for a while. I finished Silph Co. by beating everyone inside. In the process, my Hitmonchan's level caught up with my other Pokemon. After that, I battled Sabrina who was incredibly easy to beat even though my only Dark move was Bite. I used one of my Pokemon against each of hers. I used Dugtrio against Kadabra, Growlithe against Venomoth, Poliwrath against Mr. Mime, and Blastoise against Alakazam. After that, I surfed from Pallet Town to Cinabar Island. I revived my Kabuto and realized I forgot to collect an Old Amber. I easily swept Blaine's gym and left for the islands. I rescued the girl, I forget her name, from the Hypno and am preparing to walk to Moltres.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Trained my pokemon to level 12 and evolved my Beedrill and Butterfree
Beat the trainer and Leader Brock and happily obtained my first badge

Beat the trainers on the next route and obtained the running shoes woohoo
Got to Mt.Moon and desposisted my pokemon and caught a Lonely Female Geodude
and caught an Imphish Female Paras which i wasn't expecting to find.

I'm training my pokemon up at the moment.

When i get to Ceruleon I'm going to start trading the version exclusives:
Sandshrew -- Ekans
Oddish -- Bellsprout
Psyduck -- Slowpoke
Growlithe -- Vulpix
Staryu -- Shellder
Electabuzz -- Magmar
Scyther -- Pinsir

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Back to hunting for shiny Zapdos in LeafGreen. In this save file I have caught 4 shinies in 57 hours: Squirtle/Articuno/Mewtwo/Abra, so I hope Zapdos will be the 5th. After Zapdos, I'll be hunting for Tangela again, last count was around 4700 encounters.

Still SRing for shiny Charmander in FireRed as well, been hunting for it since November 2007 X_X.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Battled and won trainers and TR in Mt.Moon
Caught a Mild female Clefairy
Got though Mt.Moon
Bulbasaur evolved
Battled trainers in second gym
Battled my rival and beat with my two pokemon.

Currently training my other pokemon to level 20 and catching version exclusives ready for trading to Fire red. My aim is to get my pokedex to 20 before taking on Misty.

mewfanforlife

I made it to Moltres and caught it once my Electrode's Spark paralyzed it and lowered its hp to the red zone. I then fought a few more wild Pokemon and my Growlithe learned Flamethrower so I evolved it. I am now training my other Pokemon the 5 levels they are behind him. They are mostly caught up thanks to the trainers between Fuchsia and Cinnabar. I also spent some time in the Seafoam Islands to catch Articuno, collect items, and train. I will likely be fighting Giovanni tomorrow if I have time. My current team is;
Arcanine Level 49
Electrode Level 48
Poliwrath Level 47
Dugtrio Level 47
Hitmonchan Level 47
Blastiose Level 47

cecil

Armed with a Mind
I finally start my scramble challenge. Since my first obtainable pokemon would be Jigglypuff, I have managed to avoid some trainers on Viridian Forest, beat Brock and obtained Boulder Badge, avoid some more trainers on Route 3...and caught a Jigglypuff!
My starter, Bulbasaur, is currently on lv.14 and haven't evolve. He may rest forever on the box now.

I have to train Jigglypuff soon... and she'll be a lone striker in my team for quite some time. At least until I get Eevee from Celadon...also Dratini and Pinsir from Game Corner...sheesh...

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Training my current pokemon to level 30 after getting my second badge and its taking forever. Catching more and new pokemon I've recently got a Bellsprout to level 21.

I'm currently hunting down a Abra for a Mr.Mime and I'm training up a sandshrew/Drowzee and a Spearow for Farfetch'd.

I'm aiming to get my pokedex total to 30 before 3rd gym. and up by 10 for each badge.

mewfanforlife

I traveled through Victory Road and trained my Dugtrio to 51 so it would learn Earthquake. I trained the rest of my team to 50, though some of them were close to leveling. I then attempted the E4, though I was worried about my Pokemon's levels. I easily beat Laureli and only had trouble with all of Bruno's Machamp's criticals. All of Agatha's Pokemon except her second Gengar went down easily. Her second Gengar caused some problems with its Hypnosis attack because it never missed; however, my Arcanine using Bite won in the end. Lance wasn't too hard. Two Spark attacks brought down Gyrados and two Earthquakes brought down the Dragonairs. The Dragonite caused a bit of trouble, but eventually lost to Strength which strangely enough I only taught to Blastoise for Victory Road and then forgot to delete. I had terrible luck with Hypnosis against Dragonite and Poliwrath missed 3 in a row before succumbing to a Wing Attack. His Aerodactyl easily lost to Blastiose's Surf. Against my Rival, my Electrode beat his Pidgeot and only received minor damage in the process. My Blastioise then swept his Rhydon without any damage. I got lucky against Venasaur; he used Growth the first turn and my Quick Claw let Arcanine attack before he got a second attack in; either that or they had the same speed. Two Flamethrowers was all it took to beat him. Then Electrode easily beat his Gyrados with two Spark attacks. Alakazam was a pain; I initially used two Spark attacks before he defeated Electrode with Psychic. He used Future Sight the first time. I sent out Dugrtrio and used Earthquake which brought his health down low and for some reason, he used Future Sight again which did nothing. I used Earthquake again and that finished off his Alakazam. I then sent Poliwrath out against Arcanine and it missed another 3 Hypnosis attacks. I really wanted my Poliwrath to level so I revived it after it fainted and just used Surf to finish off Arcanine. My severely underleveled, moderately-balanced team triumphed over the E4 thanks to items and luck.
Final team:
Arcanine Level 52
Electrode Level 52
Dugtrio Level 52
Hitmonchan Level 51
Blastoise Level 51
Poliwrath Level 51

Lostelle

vicious opportunist
I started replaying Leafgreen again the other day, for even more one of a kind items and TMs to take back to Diamond.

I just finished Lt. Surge after getting haxed to death a few times by his Double Team spamming Raichu. Actually, I'm getting haxed to death quite a lot this play-through.

Current team is:
Lv.23 Sandslash
Lv.28 Wartortle
Lv.27 Golbat
Lv.27 Pikachu

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Evolved my sandshrew so may it live it in my boxes forever more, cant be bothered to level paras, i can do that when i have Exp Share.

Caught an extra Bellsprout for trad with Oddish.
Caught a Adament scychonzine Abra for Mr.Mime, which I'm going to trade

Evolved my sandshrew so may it live it in my boxes forever more, cant be bothered to level paras, i can do that when i have Exp Share.

Caught an extra Bellsprout for trad with Oddish.
Caught a Adament scychonzine Abra for Mr.Mime, which I'm going to trade

Last edited by a moderator:

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Caught shiny Zapdos in LeafGreen this morning. Started SRing for it 7:30 this morning and got it around 9. It has a Naive nature.

Currently hunting for shiny Tangela right now, hopefully it will shine quicker than Zapdos did.

Lostelle

vicious opportunist
Found a decent Vulpix, leveled it up until it learned Flamethrower, evolved it into Ninetales and dominated Erika in Celadon. I then met Gary in the Silph Co. building and noticed that his pokemon were equally leveled with mine. I guess it's time to do some more crazy level grinding.

Also, Golbat couldn't evolve and it dawned on me that I must need the National Dex first. Darn.

Status
Not open for further replies.