• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Reyes' Journey, Part 6

Reyes entered Cerulean City with high hopes of obtaining the Cascade Badge, but he realized he had training to do. Blue showed up, but he was no match for Reyes' team. Reyes also won a battle tournament on the Nugget Bridge, only to decline the offer to join Team Rocket. Reyes traveled to the Cerulean Cape and visited Bill, who managed to turn himself into a Clefairy. After rescuing him, Bill offered Reyes the Ticket to the luxurious S. S. Anne.

Upon returning to the city, Reyes stopped Team Rocket and obtained Dig as a reward. Then, came the Gym Battle:

Gym Battle 2: Misty ;035; ;002; vs ;120; ;121;
Winner: Reyes

After the win, Reyes headed through Route 5 and traveled down the Underground Tunnel leading to Vermilion City (since the gaurds blocked the gate to Saffron City for some odd reason...)

Now, Reyes received a Bicycle from the President of the Pokemon Fan Club, and he is now battling Trainers along Route 11, waiting for the S.S. Anne to open up for Reyes, then, ultimately, the Vermilion Gym...

Team:

;129; Lv. 19

;035; Lv. 19

;002; Lv. 20

;056; Lv. 19

;012; Lv. 20

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I continued to wander through Sevault Canyon on my way around Seven Island. I battled some trainers when I got deep into it and I eventually found the cave that contained the Tanoby Key and I solved the puzzle by pushing some rocks around. I headed back out to Sevault Canyon and I caught a wild Larvitar and a wild Phanpy. I healed my Pokemon at a rest house by doing the Chansey dance thing, and then I headed out once more. I battled the last couple of trainers along the mountains and I eventually arrived at the sea around the Tanoby Ruins. I Surfed around the island and I found a couple of trainers outside of them. I then entered some of the ruins and I encountered some Unown inside. I captured one and then I headed to the other side of the route and I explored more ruins. After finishing that adventure, I flew over to Six Island and I visited the Pokemon Center. I then saved.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Reyes' Journey, Part 7

Well, the day that the S.S. Anne opened up for visitors was the day that Reyes' Magikarp evolved into the ever-might Gyarados. Upon boarding the S.S. Anne, Reyes had plenty of battles from the people who were boarded. Of course, Blue had to be there; but Mankey and Gyarados made slim pickings with them!

The Captain of the S.S. Anne was apparently a Cut master, but he was seasick, leaving Reyes with only the HM, which he taught to Ivysaur. Reyes then spent time training at the Vermilion City Gym.

Gym Battle 3: Lt. Surge ;130; ;056; ;002; vs ;100; ;025; ;026;
Winner: Reyes (by a thread!)

After the Gym Battle, Reyes had no other option but to go through Diglett Cave (since a Snorlax was blocking the path to Lavender Town). He had trouble with a Dugtrio there, and Reyes decided that he'll need to do some extra training before going to the fourth Gym. But Reyes managed to get out, but Prof. Oak's aide wouldn't give Reyes Flash, since he needed 10 Pokemon entries and he only had 9 :/

Reyes healed his Pokemon in Pewter City, then camped out at Route 4, where Reyes decided that tomorrow, he'll use the Vs Seeker to get some more training in for his team.

Team

;056; Lv. 22

;012; Lv. 22

;002; Lv. 23

;130; Lv. 23

;035; Lv. 23

Lorde

I headed back to Four Island after exploring Six Island and I picked up some of my Pokemon from the local Day Care Center and I left some others there. I headed over to the port and I took the Seagallop ferry back to mainland Kanto and I arrived in Vermilion City. I headed north through the city and Saffron until I arrived in Cerulean City. I deposited some Pokemon at the Pokemon Center's PC, and then I went north to the bridge area and I Surfed south down the river until I arrived at the entrance to Cerulean Cave. I entered it and I battled some Pokemon inside as I wandered around it. I caught a wild Wobbuffet that I couldn't run away from, then I caught a Parasect and a Machoke. I headed deeper into the cave and I had to crush some rocks with Rock Smash and then use Surf to find the little island where Mewtwo was resting. I saved the game before battling against the Mewtwo.

golduck#1

So I bought all the five GBA Pokemon games to play because I would rather them on a ds console than a computer and I decided to start off with Fire Red. I already have planned teams in a way to get the most Pokemon I can (I think I miss out on Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and Deoxys). Anyways I started off with Charmander because surprisingly that's the starter I have started off with the least amount of times. I was pretty much glued to the DS so I have done a lot in 2 days so I will just go over it in little details.

- Did all the quests up to Pewter
- Defeated Brock no worries with Charmeleons metal
- Caught as 15 pokemon up to Cerulean city
- Caught Oddish and added it to the team becoming the second member
- Grinded it to a Gloom then defeated Misty
- Caught an Abra and grinded that to Kadabra on the way to Vermillion with the old put it first then switch out trick
- Aboarded the SS.Anne and defeated most of the trainers with Gloom and Kadabra
- Got cut
- Defeated Surge with Charmeleon
- Caught a Voltorb and added it to the team
- Arrived in Lavender and saved the game

Team:
Charmelon level 34
Gloom level 30
Kadabra level 28
Voltorb level 24

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Reyes' Journey, Part 8

Well, in order to get HM Flash, Reyes weighed his options, and decided it was for the best to give Clefairy a Moonstone, and, like the girl in Pewter City said, it evolved to Clefable! Flash was then taught to Butterfree, and then underwent serious training at Route 3. Reyes went through Mt. Moon again, and then proceeded to challenge the Nugget Bridge again for more training.

After the training, Reyes and Ivysaur cut the tree blocking out Route 9, allowing the team more EXP going through. By hitting Route 10 and the infamous Rock Tunnel, Reyes caught his 6th Team Member: Voltorb! Reyes is now still at Route 10, training Voltorb to get it to the same level as the rest of the team. Though Reyes has 6 Pokemon, he is still a little past halfway through the Kanto Journey; Reyes knows he'll definitely catch more Pokemon in the future.

Team:

;002; Lv. 25 ;012; Lv. 24

;056; Lv. 25 ;036; Lv. 25

;130; Lv. 25 ;100; Lv. 19

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I restarted LeafGreen and have been plowing through it for the last few days, trying to catch as many different kinds of Pokemon as I can so I can get the items from the research assistants. It took me four tries to beat Misty in Cerulean (her Starmie is a real pest). Had to wander down to Vermilion City and go through Route 11 to get my Pikachu high-leveled enough to take on that Starmie. And she STILL KO'ed most of my team. It was a lvl 10 Farfetch'd that dealt the final blow. It promptly went up three levels.

Right now I'm making my way through the Rock Tunnel toward Lavender Town. I am swiftly developing a dislike for Geodudes, because the damn things are EVERYWHERE. And the Golbat/Zubat are almost as bad ¬¬

Lorde

I battled Mewtwo inside Cerulean Cave and I was able to weaken it and eventually put it to sleep. I took the opportunity to capture it and after tossing at least a dozen Ultra Balls at it, I succeeded. I headed out of the cave with an Escape Rope and I visited the Cerulean City Pokemon Center where I swapped Pokemon on the PC. I withdrew the Mewtwo and I headed over to Vermilion City again. I took the Seagallop ferry to Seven Island and I did some training at Sevault Canyon with the VS Seeker. I also caught some Poekmon in the area and then I took the Seagallop ferry to One Island. I Surfed south to Treasure Beach and I collected some items hidden among the sand. I went to Kindle Road to do some more training with the VS Seeker and I healed my Pokemon at Ember Spa's hot springs. I flew to Three Island after that and I picked some berries off the ground at Berry Forest and saved.

arceus03

Eh, took up LeafGreen. Went with Charmander, thinking of going through the storyline with a solo Pokemon, then decided to add Rattata. Just because. Haha. Never used him, always made fun of him, so wanted to see how he would turn out. Also got a Pidgey for flying purposes later on. Currently at Pewter, both Char and Rat at L11. Maybe some more leveling before meeting Brock. Definitely want to get Metal Claw on Char first.

Lorde

I left Berry Forest after picking some berries off the ground, and I headed over to mainland Kanto by taking the Seagallop ferry back to Vermilion City. I headed north toward Saffron City and then I continued to travel until I arrived in Cerulean City. I headed east after buying some items and swapping Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center and I visited Route 9. I Surfed down the river past the Pokemon Center near Rock Tunnel, and I arrived at the Power Plant. I went on a catching spree there and I caught a Pikachu and a Magneton. I eventually arrived at Zapdos's lair and I challenged it to a battle. I was able to weaken the Zapdos but capturing it took a really long time. I eventually caught it in an Ultra Ball, then I flew to Celadon City. I swapped Pokemon there, then I went south past Cycling Road to Fuchsia City and I went to the Safari Zone building. I saved the game in the lobby.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I made my way through the Rock Tunnel (forgot to stock up on repels, though, so it took me for-freaking-ever) and arrived in Lavender Town. I went up the Pokemon Tower to beat all the trainers, and discovered that Gyarados' Bite is super effective against Gastly. After that I made my way down Route 8 to the underground tunnel, stopping for an hour or so trying to catch a Vulpix, then moved on to Celadon City. Beat the gym pretty handily (a lvl 37 Charizard in a grass-type gym is serious overkill... not that there's anything wrong with that...) and then invaded Team Rocket's hidey-hole. Proceeded to fry Giovanni, got the Silph Scope, and went back to the Pokemon Tower. Caught Gastly, Haunter, and Cubone there. I'm probably not going to be able to get Gengar, unless there's some way I can trade between LeafGreen and Emerald with a DS (though I doubt it), but meh. Got the Poke Flute, woke up and caught the Snorlax in Route 16. Done that, I wandered over to Saffron City, beat the Fighting Dojo and obtained Hitmonlee, then saved game and shut off my DS. 44 pokemon in my pokedex, 4 gym badges, and a lvl 42 Charizard. I'm not doing too badly. Also, Meowth's Pick Up ability found me a couple rare berries I'd never even heard of, which will be transferred over to Diamond and planted the next time I Pal Park pokemon over there.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Reyes' Journey, Part 9

Reyes had trained Voltorb up to be at the same level as the rest of his team members, and then he made a quick trip to Cerulean City to stock up on supplies. Then, Reyes headed into Rock Tunnel, which he had been putting off due to it's infamous status.

Butterfree was very helpful with Flash, and Reyes was able to see the Trainers in the cave so he could battle them.

After a few hours, Reyes managed to get out and rest up at Lavender Town. But even in the Pokemon Center, Reyes heard the rumors: Team Rocket had killed a Marowak, causing the Pokemon to go in an uproar.....

Team

;012; Lv. 26 ;036; Lv. 26

;056; Lv. 26 ;002; Lv. 26

;130; Lv. 26 ;100; Lv. 26

Lorde

I paid the fee and I entered the Safari Zone in search of some wild Pokemon that I hadn't caught last time. I Surfed across one of the ponds and I eventually encountered a wild Tauros as I entered a new area. I successfully captured it with one Safari Ball, but my other attempts at catching Pokemon weren't successful. I tried to catch a Chansey and then a Scyther, but I failed both times. I went to fish for a Dragonair with my Super Rod in another pond but I didn't find one, so I just gave up. I left the Safari Zone and I swapped Pokemon at the Pokemon Center. I flew to Vermilion City again and I took the Seagallop ferry to Five Island. I Surfed to Resort Gorgeous again and I battled some trainers for some extra cash. I went to Lost Cave and I caught another Haunter. I then returned to Five Island and I traded the Haunter and evolved it into Gengar. I left the Pokemon Center afterwards.

arceus03

Rattata is fun.

So far, journey continues. Nothing much happened. Went into and out of Mt. Moon, bashed a few Rockets, got a Fossil, reached Cerulean. Yeay. Met Bill and got an S.S ticket. Beat Misty, Rattata evolved into Raticate. Next stop... Vermillion, I believe.

Lorde

I headed over to Four Island in order to pick up some Pokemon from the Day Care Center. I went to Icefall Cave afterwards to capture some Pokemon and then I left and I sailed back to mainland Kanto on the Seagallop ferry. I decided to train my Pokemon some more so I flew to Cerulean City and I went to Cerulean Cave since there were tons of powerful Pokemon inside that I could battle against to level up my team. I entered the cavern and I trained for about 30 minutes inside before I had to leave in order to heal my Pokemon. I went back to train after that and then I went around Kanto and I used the VS Seeker to re-battle some trainers on various routes. I continued training like that and I eventually headed back to Five Island in order to train there some more. I went island hoping after that and I trained on Six and Seven Island as well before saving the game on Three Island.

arceus03

Got to Vermillion. Wheee. found a V.S Seeker, been abusing it quite a lot to level up Cate and Leon. Cleared up S.S. Anne and got HM01. After that, went through Diglett Tunnel and got a Diglett for Cut, and met Oak's aide. Turned out I only have 6 Pokemon entry in Dex, so went and did some catching to get Flash. Might continue up to 30 Pokemon to get the Itemfinder, but eh, won't really be bothered to.

Next up, Lt. Surge. Voltorb and Pikachu got bit a fainted (read: Hyper Fang'd to death). Raichu was a bit more problematic... Static paralyzed Leon and he ended up not attacking twice, but finally managed to kill Raichu with a Brick Break.

Next stop: Dark Tunnel (or whatever the name is. Slips my memory).

Lorde

I restarted my game after trading away my strongest Pokemon to my main LeafGreen version. I chose to play as the male character this time and I chose my name and I awoke in my room in Pallet Town. I headed downstairs and after speaking with my mom, I headed outside. I went over to Professor Oak's lab after I almost walked into some tall grass, and I met my rival there as well. Me and him were told to choose our Starter Pokemon and I chose Squirtle and he chose Bulbasaur. We had a short battle after that and I defeated him. He left the lab and I headed out as well. I went north to Route 1 on my way to Viridian City where I had to obtain Oak's parcel. I battled some wild Pokemon along the route and I kept going until I arrived at my destination. I healed my Squirtle at the local Pokemon Center, then I picked up the Parcel at the local Poke Mart. I saved the game before leaving to Pallet Town.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Reyes' Journey, Part 10
(Finally, I made time after my first week of working to get enough progress!)

After Reyes left the Pokemon Center, he headed to the Pokemon Tower, where Blue was waiting. This time, Raticate wasn't on his team (and he was in the Pokemon graveyard?), but Reyes still beat him!

Reyes then went along the boardwalk south of Lavender Town, only to be blocked by the same Snorlax that blocked Reyes at Vermilion City. So Reyes walked on to Route 11, where Mankey evolved and Reyes caught a Vulpix! Reyes switched around Vulpix for Clefable for a while After a while, Reyes went around with the VS Seeker to get Vulpix some training.

Reyes was blocked from Saffron City by a thirsty guard, so Reyes took the underground tunnel to Celadon City. Reyes visited the Celadon Mansion, and was given hot tea from the manager. Reyes was also offered an Eevee, but he refused.

Reyes went to the Saffron Gate and gave the guard the tea, who then let Reyes to go through. Team Rocket has taken control of the city, including the Gym and Silph Co. Reyes managed to get TM29 Psychic and taught it to Butterfree, however.

Now, Reyes is touring Celadon City, such as the Apartments, the Game Corner, and the Gym.

Team:

;057; Lv. 28 ;002; Lv. 28 ;036; Lv. 27

;037; Lv. 26 ;130; Lv. 28

;100; Lv. 28 ;012; Lv. 28

Lorde

I headed back south to Route 1 after picking up Oak's special parcel at the Viridian City Poke Mart. I visited Oak's lab and I obtained some Poke Balls after that. After visiting my house one more time and I picking up the Town Map from Daisy's house, I headed north again to Route 1. I caught a wild Rattata and a wild Pidgey in the tall grass and I trained my Squirtle some more. I finally arrived in Viridian City and I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I headed north after that and I met an old man who gave me the Teachy. The path to Route 2 was finally unblocked and I headed north. I battled some wild Pokemon along the route and I eventually arrived at the gatehouse that led to Viridian Forest. I arrived inside the forest and I started to battle against wild Pokemon and trainers. I picked up a items and then I caught a wild Pikachu that appeared and then I saved the game before continuing.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Reyes' Journey, Part 11

Reyes toured the sights of Celadon City, and he ended up getting HM02 Fly and a Coin Case. He also registered for the Gym there too.

Gym Battle 4: Erika ;114; ;071; ;045; vs. ;037; ;012; ;002;
Winner: Reyes

After Butterfree and Vulpix's first Gym Battle, Reyes celebrated by going to the Game Corner, but a mysterious Team Rocket Grunt was in the way. Reyes battled him, and he found a secret base belonging to none other than Team Rocket! Reyes switched out Primeape for Clefable and infiltrated the Team Rocket Base. Giovanni, the leader of Team Rocket, showed up, and after Reyes defeated him, he found the Silph Scope. He had heard that Team Rocket had killed Marowak in the Pokemon Tower, and the ghosts were invisible. Reyes realized that the Silph Scope will aid Reyes in climbing Pokemon Tower to uncover the mystery of the dead Marowak. After buying a Fire Stone at the Celadon Dept. Store (for safe keeping), Reyes headed back to Lavender Town via Saffron City.

Team:

;002; Lv. 30 ;012; Lv. 30 ;057; Lv. 29

;037; Lv. 30 ;100; Lv. 29

;130; Lv. 30 ;036; Lv. 30

Status
Not open for further replies.