• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official FR/LG Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After unlocking more doors at the Silph Co. building, I warped into another office and I battled my rival there. After I defeated him, I was offered a Lapras from a Silph Co. employee, but I didn't accept it since my team was full. I headed toward another warp title and I warped into the top floor of the building. I met Giovanni there who was keeping the president of the company held hostage. I battled Giovanni and after I defeated him, he left Silph Co. and took all the Team Rocket grunts with him. I then spoke to the Silph Co. president and I received the Master Ball from him. I swapped Pokemon on the PC there and I headed out of the building afterwards to heal my team. I then started exploring more of the city.

Kalosian

So long
LeafGreen: Didn't do a lot here, but I started training a Swablu. It was at level 5 when I started, and I got it to level 20. Didn't play much so I didn't get it all the way to becoming an Altaria, but I will do it tomorrow.

FireRed: With the EV-training done, I started to train my team. I got all members to level 30 except for Blissey as it was at level 35 when I started, so I didn't train it. Along the way, Tyrogue evolved into Hitmonlee and Larvitar into Pupitar. Alakazam also learned Recover, and Pupitar learned Rock Slide. Will continue tomorrow, not sure how long it will take before I am done with the team but I hope to be done with it before the end of the month at least. I will also include my team in every post from now on since it is fun.

Team:
;065; - level 30
;094; - level 30
;106; - level 30
;247; - level 30
;109; - level 30
;242; - level 35

Lorde

I visited the Fighting Dojo in Saffron City next after taking care of the Team Rocket crisis at the Silph Co. building. I battled the trainers there and after beating the Karate Master, I got to choose one of the Fighting-type Pokemon in the back to keep and I chose Hitmonchan. I headed over to the Pokemon Center afterwards to swap Pokemon, then after visiting the Copycat's house, I went to the Saffron City Gym to challenge it. I stepped on some warp tiles and I was sent all over the Gym and I battled Gym trainers at different corners of said Gym. I teleported around trying to figure out how to get to Gym Leader Sabrina's place after beating all the Gym trainers and then I saved the game upon arrival at her location.

Astinus

Well, this is the last FireRed update I can do unless I start my game over.

Before my free pass on Pokemon Bank runs out, I decided to finish up any loose ends in my current FireRed save file. I haven't played since beating the Elite Four, so I started up right in Pallet Town. The team rushed off to Viridian City to get Ch'Ding for flying purposes, and the Power Plant was our destination. I wasn't going to catch Zapdos, because I already have one. Angel just wanted to fight it. We made our way through the Power Plant with ease. Zapdos kept trying to use Thunder Wave on Angel, who just wasn't affected. Easy.

Seafoam Islands and Articuno was next. It was Andy's turn to battle a legendary bird. Seafoam Islands was more of a puzzle, but we made it through, and Articuno soon greeted us. Again, I already have an Articuno, so Andy just gave it one Thunderbolt and the battle was done. Easy easy.

Last destination was the Sevii Islands. I don't have enough entries in the Pokedex to get the National Dex, so I could only do a few quests on One, Two, and Three Islands. Moltres was one of these quests, and Angel took down that bird. Easy easy easy. We chased down Lostelle, and Val unleashed her rage on that creepy Hypno that scared Lostelle. After that, I looked at my Pokemon team, and we determined that we did all we could to the best of our abilities.

Now to begin the fun process of getting this team all the way to my Y version.

Last team update:
Valentine the quirky Clefable - level 68
Angel the badass Nidoking - level 64
Andy the underdog Raichu - level 66
Ender the awesome Charizard - level 68

Lorde

I challenged Gym Leader Sabrina at the Saffron City Gym and I battled against her Kadabra first. I defeated it with my Pidgeot and then I switched over to my Graveler to battle against Sabrina's Mr. Mime. After I defeated it with a couple of Rock Tomb attacks, I used Blastoise to beat Sabrina's Alakazam with Surf. I used Pidgeot's Fly to beat Venomoth afterwards and I received the Marsh Badge and the Calm Mind TM from Sabrina afterwards. I went out and I visited the local Pokemon Center after that. I healed my Pokemon there and after shopping for items, I flew to Fuchsia City and I went south to Route 19. I battled some trainers by the shore and I battled against some Swimmers when I Surfed along the water.

Kalosian

So long
LeafGreen: Continued training Swablu, got it to level 35 so it evolved into Altaria. Then I also evolved my Baltoy into Claydol, Shuppet into Banette, Duskull into Dusclops and Spheal into Sealeo. Will continue next up by training it into becoming a Walrein.

FireRed: Continued training the team, managed to get everyone to level 40. Along the way, Koffing evolved into Weezing and Alakazam learned Calm Mind and Psychic, which completed its moveset. The only one who still isn't fully evolved or has its final moveset now is Pupitar, and it might still take a while before it is done. Will continue training tomorrow though I don't think I will have a lot of time to play then.

Team:
;065; - level 40
;094; - level 40
;106; - level 40
;247; - level 40
;110; - level 40
;242; - level 40

Lorde

I kept Surfing along Route 19 for another fifteen minutes. I battled more Swimmers and some wild Tentacool along the sea route and I eventually had to use a Max Repel to avoid them for a while. I headed west towards the Seafoam Islands after that and I soon arrived there. I entered the inner caverns using the closest entrance and I battled some Pokemon inside as I moved around. I headed deeper into the icy cavern and I soon arrived at some currents that I had to block. I pushed some boulders around with strength to change the direction of those currents and I Surfed around some more. I eventually reached the bottom floor of the cave and I spotted Articuno down there. I challenged it and caught it successfully.

Kalosian

So long
LeafGreen: Yesterday, I continued training my Sealeo so it evolved into Walrein. Then I evolved my Bagon into Shelgon and my Beldum into Metang. With that, I had evolved everything I could for now. But I still had a bunch of Pokemon left to obtain, my National Pokedex was only at 360 caught, I had a little more than 20 left to get. Today, I started by doing some trades between this game and Emerald and Sapphire. This added a bit more Pokemon to the Dex. But I still had some Pokemon left to obtain that I had to get through trade. I decided to once again check through my files on Box, but I found nothing of use there. The sad thing is that I haven't been able to find a Gorebyss or Huntail anywhere, not on any of my handheld 3rd gen games and not on Box either. This is bad as I need both of these to complete the Dex, and I have found that the two items that Clamperl evolve with are very rare and exclusive in this generation, only one can be obtained per file in R/S/E. In one last attempt to find them, I checked through all my files on Colosseum and XD as well, but I couldn't find any of them there either. But I traded over a Delcatty from one XD file since I needed one, and the means of getting it from there was much easier than to get one through the methods needed in the core games alone.

Regarding the Gorebyss/Huntail thing, I had a Deepseascale on Emerald which would allow me to get a Gorebyss, but since I lack a Deepseatooth, I won't be able to get a Huntail as well. I checked all of my files looking for a Deepseatooth and for the Scanner on R/S/E as well, but found nothing. I guess the Gorebyss and Huntail I once had on this generation either must have been deleted when I restarted LeafGreen if they were there then, or I might have sent them forward to 4th generation, stupidly. I'm guessing the latter is the case though I am not sure. Either way, this means I am unable to complete my National Dex here with my current games. There are a few ways to fix it though, and restarting is not an alternative, so I have pretty much only one way to go and hope for the best... Anyway, I did some more trades with Emerald and added Politoed, Kingdra and also Gorebyss to my Pokedex. I still have a few things to do that I can do, I need to do one more trade tomorrow, with FireRed, and I also need to evolve two more Pokemon into their final forms.

FireRed: Didn't play anything yesterday but today, I continued with the training, got everyone to level 50. Nothing special or interesting happened along the way. Will probably continue tomorrow, though there might be a small change in plans depending on how some things turn out.

Team:
;065; - level 50
;094; - level 50
;106; - level 50
;247; - level 50
;110; - level 50
;242; - level 50

Lorde

After capturing the Articuno at the bottom of the Seafoam Islands, I Surfed around and walked up some steps until I arrived at the outside portion of the islands. I headed towards the coast and I Surfed again. I battled a few more Swimmers and other miscellaneous trainers along the sandbars on the sea route and I soon arrived in Cinnabar Island. I quickly visited the local Pokemon Center in order to swap Pokemon, then I went next door and I purchased some items that I needed. I visited the local lab and I spoke to people inside and I revived a fossil there. I headed out again and I visited the nearby Cinnabar Gym, but it was closed. I entered the Pokemon Mansion on the western part of the island instead and saved.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I decided to do a Poison mono-type run.

I'm currently in Diglett cave leveling up my Beedrill before I go face Blue and Lt.Surge. I'm also training my Ekans and Nidoking on the route next to Diglett cave.
My current team is as follows.

BruteRoot the Ivysaur- Level 25

Spear the Beedrill- Level 22

Punisher the Nidoking- Level 21

Radar the Golbat- Level 25

Medusa the Ekans- Level 15

I also plan on catching a Tentacool but I have no idea what I'm going to nickname it.

Darth Revan

Coming Out!
I've been playing LeafGreen for the past 3 days, I've now got a fully evolved team, consisting of:
Charizard: Named Caesar : Level 38
Pigeot: Augustus - Level 36
Raichu: Tiberius -Level 36
Vileplume: Nero -Level 36
Persian: Darius - Level 37
Vaporeon: Valiant -Level 35

I just beat Giovannni at Silph: Co, and beat the fighting dojo. Haven't really caught that many pokemon, as I usually wait till I beat the Elite Four. Grinding to beat Sabrina with my Persian, never used one before.

I've literally played Pokemon for the higher part of my life, and I've never used a Persian. It's actually pretty damn good.

Kalosian

So long
LeafGreen: Evolved my Aron all the way into Aggron and then I evolved my Cacnea into Cacturne. I also did a trade with FireRed that added Scizor to my Pokedex. With that, my Pokedex was at 381 seen and caught, the only one I am missing is Huntail. I am also missing Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and Deoxys, but since I have never been able to get either of them and I won't this time either, I'm not counting them. Regarding Huntail, I am hoping to be able to get one relatively soon, though I'm not sure yet. Anyway, after doing what I could on the Pokedex, I traded over my Venusaur to Emerald and gave it a nickname, then traded it back. I should have done that long ago, but it never happened. Now all members of the team are nicknamed.

I continued by collecting the entries on the Fame Checker that I didn't have. It wasn't many, and I could get all of them rather quickly. So I now have a complete Fame Checker here. Next up, I will be training my team. The goal is to get them to level 80 and throw in a challenge along the way, just like on FireRed. Since they currently are at level 66-68, it should be rather easy to get them to level 80. But I don't want to get too far ahead of FireRed, I want the teams of both games to become at even levels as soon as possible. So I will start training tomorrow, but will take it very easy in the beginning. It might also be a bit hard since I don't have a Lucky Egg here, but I guess I can live without it.

FireRed: Continued training the team, got everyone to level 60. Along the way, Pupitar evolved into Tyranitar, making all members of the team finally fully evolved. Though it still has one move left to learn. Will continue tomorrow, hoping to catch up with the levels of my team on LeafGreen in a few days.

Team:
;065; - level 60
;094; - level 60
;106; - level 60
;248; - level 60
;110; - level 60
;242; - level 60

Lorde

I moved around the first floor of the Pokemon Mansion and I battled against some wild Pokemon as I moved around the ruins there. I then walked down some stairs and spotted a Mewtwo statue and I pressed the switch. I explored some more areas of the building and I battled a few random trainers here and there. I walked around and read some journals as well about the creation of Mewtwo. I dropped down from a hole on the side of the building and I battled a Burglar and I picked up the Secret Key item that I needed to unlock the Cinnabar Island Gym's door. I picked up some TMs as well and I moved up some floors and I headed out of the building. I healed my Pokemon afterwards and I entered the local Gym.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
After leveling up my Pokemon a bit I went to the S.S. Anne and battled the trainers until I faced my rival, I sent out my Ekans which used Attract and then Glare on Pidgeotto, I then used wrap to get residual damage and then used bite to defeat it. I used this same strategy on Kadabra but it managed to get off two confusions which were enough to defeat my Ekans which evolved into Arbok after the battle.I then proceeded to sweep the rest of his team with my Beedrill.

I then took on the Vermilion gym, I faced off against Lt.Surge with my Ivysaur. I ohko'd Voltorb with Razor leaf, he then sent out Pikachu which managed to paralyze Ivysaur. I managed to get off a leach seed and poison powder and then I got parahaxed quite a while but I managed to get Lt.Surge to waste his potions on Pikachu. I ended up getting a crit with Razor leaf. He then sent out Raichu which went for slam, I again went for leach seed and poison powder while it went for double team and quick attack which was enough to take out my Ivysaur. I then sent out my Nidoking and took it out with dig.

I then captured an Oddish which evolved into a Gloom which I am using as my Flash/Cut slave. I got through the tunnel and I am currently in Lavender town.
I did battle Kaz, my rival and I swept his team with my Golbat. To my surprise I was pretty over leveled.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Trying to not die in Mt.Moon. I only have one potion left and nothing else and Squirtle is psn

Lorde

Once I was inside the Cinnabar Island Gym, I interacted with the quiz machines, but I got the answers wrong on purpose so that I could battle against the Gym trainers for more experience. I defeated their Fire-type Pokemon, then I headed out to heal my team before returning to battle against Gym Leader Blaine. Once I was back I battled against him and the Gym battle was extremely easy. I defeated his Ponyta, Rapidash, and Growlithe with my Blastoise's Surf attack, then I used Graveler's Rock Tomb to defeat his Arcanine. I received the Volcano Badge and Fire Blast TM from Blaine afterwards, then I met up with Bill outside. I took a ship with him to One Island and spoke to Celio at the Pokemon Center there.

Kalosian

So long
Today, I trained my teams on both games. On LeafGreen, I started softly by training the team members so that all of them were at level 68. They are all fully evolved and have their final movesets as well, so everything about that is done. On FireRed, I trained the team to level 65 except for Blissey which was so easy to train that I got it a bit farther. Along the way, Tyranitar finally learned Earthquake at level 61 which completed its moveset. It also means that all members on this team now have their final movesets. Will continue training tomorrow, my goal then is to get all members of both teams to level 70 which will make them even. Though I am pretty sure any future training will be easier in FireRed as I have the Lucky Egg there and two of the members of the team are traded, while I don't have a Lucky Egg on LeafGreen and only one team member there is traded. But it doesn't matter, I will complete all of this anyway, no matter how long it takes. I expect it do be over quite quickly though.

LeafGreen Team:
;003; - level 68
;068; - level 68
;134; - level 68
;208; - level 68
;229; - level 68
;233; - level 68

FireRed Team:
;065; - level 65
;094; - level 65
;106; - level 65
;248; - level 65
;110; - level 65
;242; - level 68

Lorde

I left the Pokemon Center on One Island after speaking to Bill's friend Celio. I headed south towards the shore and I Surfed towards Treasure Beach and I picked up some items in the sand there. I headed north after battling some wild Pokemon too and I Surfed east towards Kindle Road. I arrived there and I battled some trainers along the stretch of road there and I battled some wild Pokemon too. I headed further north towards Ember Spa and I entered the cave and spoke to people inside the hot springs. I then healed my Pokemon in one of the hot springs and I headed out after getting the Rock Smash HM. I headed further north and Surfed to Mt. Ember. I walked around and used Strength to push some boulders.

Kalosian

So long
Did more training on both games today. I started by training everything to level 70. Then I decided that it was time for the first test for the teams. Which was to win a 'mode' or whatever it is called in the Trainer Tower. I haven't been battling in it much in the past so I wasn't sure what to expect. I went there and entered, I tried the Single Mode on LeafGreen and the Double Mode on FireRed. I won, but it was not easy, I wouldn't have been able to win if I hadn't been allowed to use items throughout the challenge, the opponents were tough even for my EV-trained teams. I should have expected that though, I remember it being quite tough from the last time I tried it, which was several years ago. Anyway, I won, and I got an Up-Grade on LeafGreen and a Dragon Scale on FireRed for doing it. Not the most useful items for me right now but I guess it doesn't matter. The times I completed the challenges in weren't exactly impressive either. But I have now completed the first test for the teams, only ten levels left to go before I can try the second and final test as well. Will continue training next week though I will probably take it easy from here on, probably only increasing the levels of the teams by a couple every day, if even that. I don't need to rush anything and I see no reason to either, I have all time in the world...

LeafGreen Team:
;003; - level 70
;068; - level 70
;134; - level 70
;208; - level 70
;229; - level 70
;233; - level 70

FireRed Team:
;065; - level 70
;094; - level 70
;106; - level 70
;248; - level 70
;110; - level 70
;242; - level 70

Lorde

I continued to wander around the outside of Mt. Ember and I battled some wild Pokemon in the tall grass and some trainers along the rugged terrain as well. I soon found a cavern entrance and I walked inside of the mountain and I battled more wild Pokemon for experience. I soon arrived at a higher location and I pushed some more boulders around and I soon arrived at Moltres's lair at the summit of the mountain. I battled the wild Moltres and I weakened it slowly and then I tossed some Ultra Balls at it until I finally succeeded in catching it. I headed back down the mountain and I Surfed back to Ember Spa to heal my Pokemon. I visited the port on One Island afterwards and took the Seagallop ferry to Two Island next.

Status
Not open for further replies.