• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official G/S/C SHINY Thread

koolaid

i herd u like lazah!
i had a shiny golbat and ariados. i saw a shiny girafarig, and ran out of pokeballs.

TobiasBR

Shiny Lover
I'm currently trying to SR for Lugia, but no luck yet...

Same here!
I've been trying for a shiny Lugia for 16 days in a row now with no success :(
According to my calculations I SR'ed more than 10.000 times, it's frustrating but I won't give up that easily. Good luck to everyone trying their shinies!

shiny dvilla

Same here!
I've been trying for a shiny Lugia for 16 days in a row now with no success :(
According to my calculations I SR'ed more than 10.000 times, it's frustrating but I won't give up that easily. Good luck to everyone trying their shinies!

we all today's my second day, I don't think I've done more than 400 SRs anyway...how do yoou cont your SR's?

Let's see who finds one first =D How long do you guys SRers take to find a shiny?

shiny dvilla

OMG!!!! I had just posted about the Lugia, and I look down to my old cracked GB and I see a pink-bellied Lugia! And I'm certain no more than 400 SR!! ^^

Sorry TobiasBR, i know this'll frustreate you even more...

TobiasBR

Shiny Lover
OMG!!!! I had just posted about the Lugia, and I look down to my old cracked GB and I see a pink-bellied Lugia! And I'm certain no more than 400 SR!! ^^

Sorry TobiasBR, i know this'll frustreate you even more...

That's so nice! Congratz!
No, it won't frustrate me, don't worry, I feel happy when people find shinies, even though when I might want them so bad, and if you think, you were lucky because you deserved! Take good care of it, I'll keep trying mine and see what happens.

i caught a shiny weedle and of course a shiny gyrados

On my Crystal the very first Pokemon I caught after I got my first pokeballs was a shiny Sentret. I remember how excited I was to find it, in all its purpleness. I have never found another shiny in any of my games since.

PinkPantsMan

A shiny Drowzee in the first time I played Silver. I didn't knew what shiny pokemon where so I was really worried about what was wrong XD And in Crystal a shiny Magnemite once.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
I'm very happy to say that shiny Suicune just appeared in Crystal. And appropriately enough it was pouring with rain outside at the time. ^_^

Shiny Suicune appeared: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Heliotrope1987/Shiny Pokemon/Other/ShinySuicune.jpg

This is the first G/S/C shiny I've aquired via SR'ing, and Suicune is my favourite shiny, so I'm very pleased it decided to appear.

Now I'm going to set up my N64, transfer it over to Pokemon Stadium 2, and take some pictures of it in all its 3D glory. *_*

I plan on SR'ing for a shiny Ho-oh next.

EDIT: Shiny Suicune in Pokemon Stadium 2: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Heliotrope1987/Shiny Pokemon/3D shinies/Suicune.jpg

dude i want to kiss you for this, i was starting to lose hope that suicune isn't soft-reset able sinc i'm busy with it for like two days or so but now that i know it can be done i'll try again.

what's the shiny catch rate in crystal again? 1 on the ???
does someone know?

hmmm

Scuffle of Legends
K well back in the day, seriously like 7 years ago, i was playing Pokemon Gold in my bed. I mean this was REALLY late. I was bored, so I made my way to Ilex Forest. I cut down that one tree, and randomly started to headbutt the tree to the left of it. No word of a lie, a Shiyn Red Caterpie appeared! So i caught it. The next day i looked it up on the internet. Sure enough, at like 2am or so on a tuesday will get you that.....like WHAT ARE THE ODDS. Yeah man!

Just now I'm playing pokemon crystal. While training my Ariados in Route 39 (right above Olivine City). I'd say this was 8ish minutes ago, so like 1:32 am, approx.. Anyhow, I'm training in the vertically horizontal patch on the very left, when a Shiny Raticate appears! WHAAAT??!??!?!?!?!!!?!?! I know right?! Some luck! Anyways I caught it now!!

I've never seen a shiny pokemon in any pokemon game other than II Gen

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
Man, hatching for shinies is driving me nuts. @_@

Trying for a shiny Squirtle at the moment. Hopefully one will appear very soon. :3

I've been trying for a Scyther for quite a while *these are all bred with shiny parents*, but still, nothing.

My boyfriend found a shiny Ditto yesterday, but he didn't realise it was shiny until he fainted it... --.-- Silly boi...

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
No word of a lie, a Shiyn Red Caterpie appeared!

Let me correct this:

No word of a lie, a Shiny Yellow/Gold Caterpie appeared!

Sorry mate, I think you lied =O

It's around 1/65535. (65535 being hex FFFF or FFF, IIRC)

It's based on DV's.
The chance in G/S/C is 1/8192 just like the other games.

Larry

Yeah I mean look at my avatar...
I have only caught one shiny in G/S/C and that was the Gyrados.

wordless

Gyarados and ditto, trying to breed a shiny Evee that I can clone for all Eeveelutions, then onto dratini!

MSKC

Dragon Tamer
i never got a shiny on my silver (although i may have and never noticed it, i was 7 or 8 at the time) but whenever i find a shiny it is either my opponent's or an extremely common pokemon, by the time i got a shiny i know what a shiny was so i didnt almost delete it. im serious about this every shiny i have ever found was so common i almost destroyed my game out of anger, here is my list of shinies that i have found and the game i found them in
Zubat: Emerald
Epseon (opponent's): Emerald
Zigzagoon: Emerald
Starly: Pearl
i also have a shiny ho-oh that i traded for

btw what does bishie mean?
Woot 20th Post

'Bishie' comes from the Japanese word 'bishounen' which can mean 'pretty boy', 'handsome boy', or 'hot guy'. (I prefer 'kakkoi' it literally means 'hottie' in Japanese).

Lesse...my first shiny would be the Red Gyarados (duh). I never did have that great of luck with finding any shinies....I did happen to find two on my very first Crystal Version (which doesn't work now because I had let someone at my school borrow it and I kept asking for it back and he didn't return it until a week later and it was all messed up! It wouldn't play at all!) The shinies I found were: Tentacool on Route34 and Nidoran (M) in the National Park. Of course, I didn't know ANYTHING about shinies (hey, I was figuring everything out on my own--I had no friends interested in Pokemon and at the time I had no internet. I didn't even know how to use the internet). I knew they were different and I wanted to catch them, but both times I didn't have any Pokeballs with me....-_-U That's when I learned to always carry Pokeballs...

The third shiny I found was on my second Crystal Version. It was a Caterpie. I found it in Ilex Forest and actually caught it. I hated the fact that it was a bug-type Pokemon (because I thought the bug-type Pokemon were all REALLY weak), but once it evolved into Butterfree, I had a blast training it!! ^_^ I even trained it to Lv100! (No, I didn't cheat to get it to Lv100, because I don't have any cheating devices for anything under the GBA.)

ChaosAngel

MINE!! :D
Beside the red Gyarados.. I remember I gotten shiny Donphan, Tangela and Spearow in my Silver. Found shiny Golbat and Meowth in my Crystal. Sadly.. I lost Silver and crystal's batteries died.. x_x I gotten the shiny Ditto through the glitch, but I never knew about the 1/64 breeding shiny odds.
I never found any random shinies in Gold.