• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Glitch Report Thread

P

Pelipper

Many glitches...
Who has been poisoned on digglet's cave??? I need to know when it your pkmn gets poisoned (at the entrance, after a battle, when you exit...).

gregjammer

Feather Trainer
♪Crystal Mew♪ said:
I found that one of the signs in one of the gyms doesn't say anything when you bump into it but the other one does (on a certain side)

this is kinda like in RS when in wallaces gym there is a statue where you can talk to a side that you can't on the other

EDIT : also I bred a vaporeon with a ditto and they didn't like eachother but I got an egg

that isn't the glitchy part

the thing is that I have bicycled around continuously for the last 5 days and it is still on the first step????

Is it bad egg???

Its name is :

EGG

I am confused

and also the lady that wants to see a pokemon (in resort gorgeous) asked for sneasle 3 times in a row and I got 3 luxury balls in a row

also in the guide book it says nothing about getting rare candys from her butler but I got one???

EDIT2 : Sabrinas MR. mime is a girl (MR, ?????)

Perhaps it is a Bad EGG, except in Fr/Lg, the name of any egg, including bad eggs, is just "EGG". Just trade it to R/S to check and find out if fr/lg mis-named it. Fr/Lg may be thinking that it's a normal egg, even when it's not. If that's true, Missing No. could've gotten worse in Fr/Lg, and you'll have to refrain from breeding. Of course, this is not 100% confirmed, since it's just a guess. If this guess is true, then problem solved. If it's not true, then it's just a false assumption. Sorry if I just annoyed you, Trip.

By the way, I think I found one new glitch. When you go to the grassy area in the Safari Zone, and tap the control pad in any direction once, (before tapping the control pad in another direction) the number of steps remaining until you have to leave the safari zone won't go down, so as long as you keep tapping the control pad using a different direction each time you tap the control pad in one direction, you'll have infinite steps in the safari zone, meaning you won't see the phrase "Ding-Dong! Time's Up! Your SAFARI GAME is over!" until you stop tapping the control pad in different directions each time.

K

Kt Kat

gregjammer said:
By the way, I think I found one new glitch. When you go to the grassy area in the Safari Zone, and tap the control pad in any direction once, (before tapping the control pad in another direction) the number of steps remaining until you have to leave the safari zone won't go down, so as long as you keep tapping the control pad using a different direction each time you tap the control pad in one direction, you'll have infinite steps in the safari zone, meaning you won't see the phrase "Ding-Dong! Time's Up! Your SAFARI GAME is over!" until you stop tapping the control pad in different directions each time.

That's been possible on all the Pokemon games, except its harder to do on the older Gameboys, since the c-pad isn't as sensitive as the new ones.

Its not really a glitch, just a loophole.

Raito

HADOUKEN!
By the way I found MissingNo_On my friends game and mine but the thing was it appeared like 25 times in a row in Victory Road.

P

Pelipper

It was the circle with a ?, right???. I see that it also damage the game, like in ru/sa.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Damn apparently this game was supposed to be 'glitch free', or something like that. How many glitches have their been now? Like six or seven... anyway, here is a small but minor glitch.

You know how in the battle tower as soon as you get past the two rows of blocks the trainers are supposed to challenge you right? Well, on one trip through there on a one on one challenge,I went past the two rows of blocks, but they didn't challenge me, even when I got closer this didn't happen. I had to actually talk to the opponent to get them to do this. I'm sorry that I don't have a picture, but this did indeed happen to me, whether you believe me or not.

X

xxbattosaixx

If you encounter MissingNo.,and you run away,will you be okay?Oh,and what happens after the other glitches happen?
*Is somewhat paraniod*

P

Pelipper

¬¬...many questions
Hellkorn=For avoid some glitchs, Nintendo make that some trainers doesnt battle you if they saw you at about 2-3 tiles of distance.
Magikarp:Shed Skin doesnt make that status last one turn. A status problem can last 6 turns, or 1, or 3. Its random.
Team Rocket Admiral Fez: That is wierd, but maybe it also can be found normally in the caves. Not sure, but it may be a glitch.
Rekkuza: In september 9...¬¬'

(\(\
(=':')
(('')('')

Last edited by a moderator:

Trip

Former Staff Member
1) I deleted any spam posts and posts that turned out to not be glitches.

2) Let's cooperate with Pelipper, as he is very knowledgable on game mechanics.

And no, the only people in here who annoyed me were people who were asking when FRLG "is coming out in the US." ><

- Trip

P

Pelipper

Thanks Trip.
As i see, missigno. its in the game, and it damages your game. It seems that i have to use my r** and investigate more about that. I dont have time now for diassamble the game, and i dont want to destroy my game before i catch Suicune.

X

xxbattosaixx

Why would NOA have something in your game that can damage it?I just don't get it. :?

P

Pelipper

Who knows...i just know that missigno. ? is obtainable in the game without a cheatdevice.

Jigpuff

It's not glitchy like that on purpose. I think... But anyway, the game would probably be even more glitchy without it.

P

Pelipper

Without a missigno., your game will probably crash when a battle starts.

C

Computerman45

I have seen places with this. I just want to point out that this is not a glitch. People say that when the old man says, "My POKEMON is tamping the land to lay the foundation." the word tamping is misspelled, HOWEVER, this is untrue. The word tamping is real, and it does mean this:
1 : to drive in or down by a succession of light or medium blows <tamp wet concrete>
2 : to put a check on : REDUCE, LESSEN

Thank you for hearing my little lesson.

On the topic though, I myself, have not seen any glitches. **Yet** If I find one, this will be the first place I post it.

pika_power

Normal Coordinator
Togepi Trainer said:
Whats the Thunder Bolt glitch?
when you do tbolt the sound goes on from tbolt and wont stop unless you turn off the game.

S

Spectreon

There's also the Invisible Koffing in Celadon City, following the girl around the fountain.