• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Glitch Report Thread

thekingofgods

failing chainer
lucky u

Ok, I finally defeated the Elite Four, so I looked for Entei(See 8 posts up) And so then, I was around vermillion city, so I thought I could get a Farfech'd. So then, I went and caught a Spearow, then my DS power went red. So i decided to take a shortcut through the gras--- OMFG!!!!! Entei!!!! I went to reach out in my bag for my masterball, but I forgot. My sister took my master ball and threw it at a ratatta, level 3. So then, I used my Crobat's mean look, then Entei didn't flee 0.o So I lowered HP, and try to catch it. So I tried, and sucseeded. Then my DS power went phhhhhhhhhh- Then I was all like NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I turned it back on and WtF!!! 6 enteis in mai Party? And in my PC, all Enteis??????? Glitch? Or no Glitch? Probably :p

unless u had shinys that was intense luck

Zowayix

I don't know if this was said before, but it seems that there is a glitch which makes the Legendary dogs low-IVed. Is there a way to fix this?

This isn't a glitch. They're programmed to be that way.

They weren't intentionally programmed this way - after you catch it, the game transfers all its data to your PC/party, but in doing so, it copies the IVs incorrectly, making them never higher than 31/7/0/0/0/0.

In binary, a Pokemon's IVs are stored as this:

SpDef/SpAtk/Speed/Attack/Defense/HP

Where each value between slashes ranges from 00000 to 11111 in binary (0 to 31 in decimal).

So for example, the IVs 27/14/16/31/5 (with HP first and SpDef last) would be stored as:

00101/11111/10000/01110/11011

What the glitch does is that it copies only the last eight numbers, changing the rest to zeros:

00000/00000/00000/00110/11011

or 27/6/0/0/0/0

This means that only the HP IV is copied correctly; and the Attack IV can be no higher than 00111 in binary or 7 in decimal.

Effectively:
- HP is correct
- Defense, Speed, SpAtk, and SpDef all become 0
- If Attack is 16 or higher, subtract 16 from it
- If it is still 8 or higher, subtract 8 from it

Note that this glitch happens on Lati@s from R/S (only the roaming one, not the Southern Island one) and on the legendary beast from FR/LG. It will not happen on Emerald or Gen IV.

your_worst_nightmare

Pokerman Master
i remember that i found a pidgeotto in the viridian forest, it was weird
i was about 9 when i found it, i though i could find it agian but i never did :p
(on my Lg )
i think it was lvl 5 or something like that =/

Lucos

For some odd reason, before my Diglet evolved into a Dugtrio, the Diglet sprite and the status sprite on the right moved up and down when I summoned Diglet into a battle.

I'll catch a new Diglet and see if it still happens. If it does, I'll make a video of it and post it on YouTube.

Also, when I use a potion on a pokémon, the sprite grows twice as big as it's normal size, but shrinks back to his normal size after applying the potion. This also happens when I use a TM on a pokémon or a rare candy. Is this normal or is this a glitch?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
For some odd reason, before my Diglet evolved into a Dugtrio, the Diglet sprite and the status sprite on the right moved up and down when I summoned Diglet into a battle.

I'll catch a new Diglet and see if it still happens. If it does, I'll make a video of it and post it on YouTube.

Also, when I use a potion on a pokémon, the sprite grows twice as big as it's normal size, but shrinks back to his normal size after applying the potion. This also happens when I use a TM on a pokémon or a rare candy. Is this normal or is this a glitch?

The second thing is normal. It shows the happiness of the Pokemon.

Champion Shirona

I just restarted a few days ago and got my Soul Badge and Surf. I went to vermillion for a while and go to the Harbor, and something happened...I still can go in the SS.Anne! I went in and Surf the water that was before the SS.Anne Ship on the right. Then i found a truck, what is this?

Anyway to get HM Cut without going out from the Ship, here are the steps...

1.Enter The SS.Anne
2.Defeat all trainers except one(strong one, to check better Save)
3.Defeat Gary/ur rival on the way to the Captain's Room (where u get the Hm)
4.Get the Hm
5.Lose to the remaining trainer (bring less pkmn to make it easy)
6.Once you lose, you will be at the nearest Pokemon Center
7.Save first, check if the ship haven left
Note: You cannot get back once u are outside since it will make a cutscene making it will left.

Radon

I was playing my Pokemon LG, when I was going to the ship. I successfully defeated all the trainers on the SS.Anne, when the batteries on my GameBoy SP ran out before I had a chance to save. I recharged it, and turned it back on, and the ship was gone. I checked my Pokemon, and the leveling up my Pokemon did seemed to have never happened. I got the HM Cut though.

7evenLord

Avid Trader
two glitches
1. Lance dragonite uses hyperbeam twice in succesion without resting in between
2. Uses surf and jumps a space so like {l is land s is sea and X is landing point}
LSX

Champion Shirona

Those are main glitches
There are a famous glitch like Thunderbolt

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
I was playing my leaf green and I started it up...

It dosen't do it any more but it said some thing about a chip not being installed (cant rember what exactly but I know it meant something internal to the cart...) and I had no save file, it didnt even let me veiw the file screen it just skips to the FAQ thingie. not wanting to lose my stuff I reset and blow on the tabs... I had my save and everything. WTH was that? I bought my copy from gamestop years ago >>

Champion Shirona

Its old i think if its said internal battery whatsoever..It cannot make saves anymore.

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
I just restarted a few days ago and got my Soul Badge and Surf. I went to vermillion for a while and go to the Harbor, and something happened...I still can go in the SS.Anne! I went in and Surf the water that was before the SS.Anne Ship on the right. Then i found a truck, what is this?

1.Enter The SS.Anne
4.Get the Hm
Note: You cannot get back once u are outside since it will make a cutscene making it will left.

that doesn't happen in FRLG
I did all those steps, got Surf and then, when I entered the area of the ship, I was forced to leave because a cutscene appeared of the ship leaving. the only way that would work would be to trade with someone a pokémon with Cut and do everything untill you can use surf. not only you will find a truck but a Lava Cookie if you use the Itemfinder

Champion Shirona

Yeah i tried that but i can't get it >.<
I knew there were a Lava Cookie since my friend tried already.

RagingTyran

TheRagingTyranitar
I'm not sure if this is a glitch, but when my Gengar used destiny bond on Lance's Kingdra and fainted, the Kingdra was still "alive". Isn't it sopposed to faint if it knocks out Gengar?

Oh, and this more of an observation than a glitch, but I found it weird that Lorelei's Pokemon were all male (except Jynx) and the Mankey owned by the crush girls were male, even though they should be female because female trainers only train male Pokemon if the Pokemon is always/mostly male, but Mankey have an equal male/female rate.
Destiny Bond only works if the pokemon who used it faint in the turn it was used.

blackness777

Its old i think if its said internal battery whatsoever..It cannot make saves anymore.

No it's not that. My brother has an Emerald that has the Internal Battery dried out, it just can't do any clock-based events.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well I ran into an interesting little glitch the other day as I started up LeafGreen. I booted it up as usual and when I clicked on the "Continue game" icon and I was expecting the usual "Previously" screen, the game suddenly gave me a message saying something along the lines of "Savefile Corrupted". I freaked out of course as I was worried that it was the same old GSC internal battery dilemma again but I shut down the game and tried again and everything ran smoothly. It's weird because it seems everytime I load the LeafGreen cart into a DS it gives me that message and I always have to shut down the game and try again. Has this glitch ever happened to anyone else?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
There's no battery in FR/LG game carts.

Exactly, which makes it all the more confusing. This glitch hasn't had much of an impact in the game as almost everything seems to be in order when I can get the game to start. Though I've noticed that going into the Pokemon Center causes a short lag of sorts. It takes a little longer for the game to load the area when I enter a Pokemon Center (about 3 seconds longer than usual) which isn't too bad but it worries me as I've never tampered with the game myself. There has been one crash recently where the game just freezes and the music keeps playing when I tried running, but that may not have anythnig to do with this glitch my game is experiencing as I believe the slot had dust. This whole ordeal is taking it's toll on me. What else could corrupt the data if I didn't do anything to the game?

Anyway speaking of glitches, I did have a question some people might know the answer to since this is the Glitch Thread: Is the whole Entei/Raikou/Suicune 0 IVs glitch a problem in all LG/FR carts or is it similar to the DP glitch that was patched in later editions of the games? I must have run into 10 Beasts with low IVs (mostly in the 0's) already and it seems all too common.

Last edited:
Is the whole Entei/Raikou/Suicune 0 IVs glitch a problem in all LG/FR carts or is it similar to the DP glitch that was patched in later editions of the games? I must have run into 10 Beasts with low IVs (mostly in the 0's) already and it seems all too common.

its a glitch with all games, for example i recently cpatured suicune and it has horrendous hp ivs to go with the zeros of everything else

Freeze Frame

1.Enter The SS.Anne
4.Get the Hm

Why go through all that? The SS Anne comes back when it's time to go to the Sevii Isles and you can access that area then.