• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Ho-oh Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mewtwo expert

Ive got my ho-oh and level it up to 100 with
flamethrower
sacred fire
ancientpower
steel wing

M

Misty fan

After purifying all 48 pokemon, I beat Mt. Battle on both Story Mode and Colosseum Mode. I didn't lose a single battle in either mode.

My party consisted of Rayquaza, Latias, Mewtwo, Kyogre, Zapdos, and Charizard. When I beat it on Colosseum mode, all I got were some coupons. When I beat it in Story mode, all I got were some coupons--and some useless ribbons.

What did I do wrong?

EDIT: Got my answer from Orion Master:

There are two possibilities.

-You didn't use a Team registered from your Colosseum Story Mode Save File. That's a MUST. You can use any Pokémon, not exclussively Story Mode ones. You can trade some RS Pokémon to your Colosseum game. But your registered Team MUST be the one from Colosseum's Story Mode. A registered Team from Ruby, Sapphire, or any other game WON'T give you Ho-Oh.

-You don't have an empty space in the Colosseum's Story Mode Storage System. You have to have a free space so Ho-Oh can be downloaded there.

He was right. I battled another 100, and I finally got my Ho-oh. I guess for me, the 300th time's the charm!

vaerna

I am ready to go after Ho-Oh. I have purified all, and beaten My Battle in story mode. I am unsure which pokemon to take into battle mode. I can essentially take any pokemon there is including legendaries. To defeat it do I need at least one, or can I use 6 non legendaries transfered from the carts from story mode. Which ones with what natures should I choose and I would like to do it with a balanced group of level 50's as I have some 80 plus pokes at that level and can raise anything to that level quickly. Just wanting some suggestions as to whicjh you used. I'd like to take a group of eevees for laughs but I don't think it will work.XD

Galatica Phantom

Mineral Trainer
Well, I beat MT.Battle with this team.

Moltres, Mewtwo, Espeon, Umbreon, Zapdoes, Blastios.

Pretty funny how my Moltres owned Mattels Kyogre with Flamethower...

MAKE SURE UMBREON HAS CONFUSE RAY!

tehbesto

iPodelicious
Whompithian said:
...since I recall Ho-Oh being placed in a Box both times I earned it.
Okay I nearly killed myself reading this whole thread, and I've read about two people saying they got Ho-Oh TWICE. Nobody really asked about this or elaborated on it - is this possible? Do you get one Ho-Oh for beating single-player Mt.Battle, and another Ho-Oh for completing double-battle Mt.Battle?

I'm so confused.

vaerna

Pssst I wanna do it without using ubers. Can it be done or do I need at least one uber? :(

P

Poke Freak

No, you can get one Ho-oh per save file by doing Mt. battle in Collosium mode, that person probally used two save files and did it twice.

And you could be able to do it without ubers, but you would have to have some good pokes and know what you are doing.

Whompithian

Dynamo Trainer
tehbesto said:
Okay I nearly killed myself reading this whole thread, and I've read about two people saying they got Ho-Oh TWICE. Nobody really asked about this or elaborated on it - is this possible? Do you get one Ho-Oh for beating single-player Mt.Battle, and another Ho-Oh for completing double-battle Mt.Battle?

I'm so confused.
Poke Freak is right. I had to play through the game completely a second time to get a second Ho-Oh.

And to vaerna, you don't need to use any ubers. I got by with an Ursaring, Houndoom, Flygon, Altaria, Heracross, and Ampharos, all of which were obtained with Colosseum and trained very poorly.

vaerna

Whompithian said:
vaerna, you don't need to use any ubers. I got by with an Ursaring, Houndoom, Flygon, Altaria, Heracross, and Ampharos, all of which were obtained with Colosseum and trained very poorly.

Thanks Whompithan, I have very well trained pokemon completely pokeblocked, vitamined, Ev'd and ribboned ready to go. Maybe I'll try my team of eevees for laughs. I think it will be fine to use any one of my well trained teams. Now I have to find the time to go through the battle mode. Heh Heh....takes about 8 hours and I don't get my real time work done when I do that. :p No....I will not generate a second file for a second Ho-Oh. One is enough....It's just going to be a spoiled trophy pokemon for contests anyway and I"ll begin to play XD in about two weeks.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Ho-Oh has its own topic! Yay!

I have three Ho-Ohs. Quiet, Jolly and Naive... My friend got Brave Ho-Oh with maxed out Attack IVs. Sigh... I will get a good attacked Ho-Oh one day! I have started two of my Colosseum save files over again, just to get more Ho-Ohs. ^_^

T

Tiymon

This is an official Ho-Oh topic and yet you spelt Ho-Oh wrong. GFG.

J

jeccaneko

tehbesto said:

I'm so confused.

You just have to trade Ho-Oh to one of your GBA games, start a new story mode, beat it and purify everything again, and then beat Mt Battle again. You can do the same thing in the GBA games (trade all your Pokes to a different game and then start over) to get the one-of-a-kind unbreedable Pokemon if you want more, it just takes a lot of effort.

I got a Ho-Oh and I'm going to go through Colosseum again to get a second Ho-Oh. There's another person in the house that plays Pokemon too and I gave him the first Ho-Oh. I need to play again to get one for me. It's also good to replay because then the both of us can each have all 3 legendary dogs.

T

Tobbin

jeccaneko said:
You just have to trade Ho-Oh to one of your GBA games, start a new story mode, beat it and purify everything again, and then beat Mt Battle again. You can do the same thing in the GBA games (trade all your Pokes to a different game and then start over) to get the one-of-a-kind unbreedable Pokemon if you want more, it just takes a lot of effort.

I got a Ho-Oh and I'm going to go through Colosseum again to get a second Ho-Oh. There's another person in the house that plays Pokemon too and I gave him the first Ho-Oh. I need to play again to get one for me. It's also good to replay because then the both of us can each have all 3 legendary dogs.

That's basically the reason that I wanted to get 2 Ho-Oh's too. My sister collects the Pokes. I had to go through Pokemon Colosseum twice to do it. Started to go a 3rd time, but started playing Emerald and never finished. I'm working on getting a Lugia from XD: Gale of Darkness now though. I've already picked up Lugia in Fire Red though. *shrugs*. It could be cool moving Deoxys to XD though.

Hoenir

overdog
Shiny Celebi said:
To me the hardest trainer was Groudon.
I don't know why.
Even Kyogre went down on the first try. Too bad that mantine beat me.

Me too. In the end it was a 1-1 match with suicune VS groudon. The first time I lost to a castform with 12 hp left :(

I'm finishing up the Purification.I'm saved at Trainer 50. Does any one know what the teams are for the last 50 traniers:?

K

Kiebin

YAY! I got Ho-Oh 12 minutes ago, now I only need to wait for my Leaf Green to get back to me, so I can catch Deoxys and start training Ho-Oh, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Suicune and Entei :p

J

js90399

one question: when i get ho-oh is it a shadow pokemon? i reallly really dont want to have to purify it...

P

Poke Freak

js90399 said:
one question: when i get ho-oh is it a shadow pokemon? i reallly really dont want to have to purify it...

Of course not, besides the fact that it says you have to purify ALL shadow pokemon to get it, there's also the fact that according to story mode you know that Cipher doesn't have it and can't be getting it, so it can't be turned into shadow.

Status
Not open for further replies.