• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official "If Pokemon Were Real..." thread

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
These threads pop up a lot, so rather than have a hundred threads discussing the same thing, it'll all go here now.

Use this thread to discuss how a world where Pokemon are real might be, such as:

• How people go about their daily lives
  • What effect Pokemon would have
  • Do people eat Pokemon
  • How people might use Pokemon
  • etc.

This thread is not for discussing what you would do if you had Pokemon, that goes in this thread.

Make sure to stay on topic, we'll be watching closely.

what do we do with the fainting pokemon? i mean, were going to be trainers right? as trainers were going to fight wild pokemon, and they'll perhaps faint. we will probably have bushes full of fainted pokemon :[.

what do we do with the fainting pokemon? i mean, were going to be trainers right? as trainers were going to fight wild pokemon, and they'll perhaps faint. we will probably have bushes full of fainted pokemon :[.

They'd come back to consciousness like any normal creature, or predators would take advantage of the opportunity to get some fresh meat. It wouldn't be much of a concern.

Joth

Back from the Dead
I would never swim in a lake again for fear of a Gyarados.

Mudkip Oshawott Piplup

Krazy KrazyShipper
My main Pokémon would be Mawile, and I'd Mega Evolve her on occasion. I'd also have a Shinx, Glaceon, Vulpix, Leavanny, Leafeon, and occasionally an Excadrill.

I would never swim in a lake again for fear of a Gyarados.

that'd just be scary, man. Imagine Gyarados biting your leg off.

PETA wouldn't allow us to treat Pokemon the way we do in games.

I agree with this. Pokémon battles would literally be the same as those dog fights where you bet on dogs to multiply your money. I forgot what it is called, but yeah.

Urrnge

A Dandy Guy in Space
If Pokemon were real we'd all be boned. Steel dinosaurs, fire breathing dogs, ghost lurking in your shadow, soul eating Pokemon, heart shaped fish?! Nah man, I'm not having any of that.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
Use this thread to discuss how a world where Pokemon are real might be, such as:

• Do people eat Pokemon

The better question would be: Do Pokémon eat people?

Like would a wild Pokémon like Mightyena, Ursaring, Pyroar kill and eat a human if it's hungry enough? I think they would. :D

Also I bet that every Pokémon that learns Teleport would be our transportation slaves. Or... maybe the supersmart Pokémon like Alakazam and Metagross would turn their powers against us and enslave mankind. :(

minerswhocraft

Misty Come Back!
In our world our lands are littered by roads and cars. Imagine all the dead rattata we'd see on the side of the roads! Along with stantlers, bidoofs, etc.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Wars throughout history would get...rather creative

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I imagine some POkemon would be used for transportation. A person who has a Braviary could just fly to school or work instead of taking a train. a person could cross a river with their Lapras instead of a ferry. Perhaps if pokemon were real there wouldn't be as many cars in the world, just ride your Arcanine everywhere xD

Bouffalant burgers do sound mighty tasty.

Having Pokemon as pets would be interesting too. I'll bet burglary wouldn't happen often if people had Arcanines and Houndooms around.

I definitely wouldn't want to see spiders the size of Ariados though. That's a whole lot of nope right there.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
We would be able to leave school when we became 10. But it would be hard to sleep with all those ghosts pokemon. Then again if you can't sleep get a jigglypuff. Also jobs would be easier with some pokemon, miners could use digging pokemon like excadrill, police could easily stop criminals with pokemon. Also we would be able to survive pokemon attacks like in the show because if pokemon were with us since humans first existed (which they would have been, because of prehistoric pokemon) then human bodies would adapt to be able to take the attacks most likely. Sure it would still hurt, but you wouldn't die from it. So it could be good and bad.

But PETA wouldn't let us battle. I mean I like animal rights but PETA should stop making rip offs of FAKE games and start saving some REAL animals. They don't know how many times the show and games say to treat pokemon fairly and that they are not slaves, seriously one of the main themes is friendship. Sorry I got a bit off topic there.

If pokemon suddenly showed up in the world right now? Humanity would be screwed. I'm quite certain a good 70% of pokemon would either kill or eat humans, many of them would be heavily resistant to human weaponry, and they can breed incredibly fast. If a tyranitar angered can level an entire mountain, imagine what an army of them could do.

If it was like the show where humans and animals alike look cartoony, there is no blood and we never age or die? That would be cool I guess.