• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Luckyshipping Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OldRivalShipping, what? Look(and this goes to out to everyone on the thread or any other worried LuckyShippers, ChosenShippers, FeelingShippers etc. not just you) I know OldRival is popular, but it's CRACK! Green hasn't even spoken 30 words to Blue. I know you guys get worried due to OldRival's popularity but(and no bashing at OldRivalShippers intended) it's not even a threat! Hell I'm amazed Blue and Green even know each other's names, they mostly talk to Red and Yellow, and Silver in Blue's case, but not usually to each other. Green and Blue are more or less "Red's friend" in each other's eyes.

So no, by no means is OlldRival cannon. Where the devil did you hear that?

I hope that answered your question, and I apologize ahead of time to OldRivalshipers(there's nothing wrong with supporting OldRival or almost any pairing, the pairing doesn't even have to be likely) everywhere.

i didn't read the emerald issue so i was asking ppl and they said oldrival was canon o_O on youtube pokecommunity bulbapedia etc.

And, I'm back, as well! As always, the new member(s) make me happy~!

Red forgets Blue's birthday, how do they react, and what happens?
Well, in all honesty, I don't think Blue's the type of girl to be all that worried about it. She might be a tad peeved that her boyfriend would forget something like that, but she'd probably just say, "Since you forgot, you've gotta buy me the best present ever!" (since she is a bit materialistic...) I could totally see her blackmailing him into buying her all kinds of jewelry 'cause he stupidly forgot her birthday. But, overall, I don't think she'd make a big deal out of it, and, seeing her attitude about it, Red would be okay with it, as well (he'd promise to remember next year, and, grumbling, get her something nice (and expensive...)).
i didn't read the emerald issue so i was asking ppl and they said oldrival was canon o_O on youtube pokecommunity bulbapedia etc.
I believe that the problem is, for one, the excess amount of OldRivalshippers. It's quite popular, so everywhere you go for stuff about PokeSpe, you'll find a heap of them. Two, as it's such a popular pairing, the fans make mostly OldRival fanfics/vids about them (it sucks having to go through them all in search of something with a pairing I support), which spreads the love even further. Three, there is a rumor (at least, I THINK it's a rumor...) that, in the original Japanese version, the two confess to each other during the FR/LG arc (supposedly, the translated version replaced it with something stupid, but I don't believe it was real to begin with). I can see why a "newbie" would be confused, but don't worry, it's not canon! :) Oh, and you should know, the point of joining these kinds of threads is to discuss why you like the pairing and answer the topics that the members thought of. Try your hand at it with the current topic, kay? Hope this helped! ^_^

a typical Red kind of thing I supposed Blue would just forget about it and remind him because honestly hanging out with Red has changed her a lot. She's not the scammer money hogging girl she used to be, so she's not gonna care about getting anything just his love :)

Lucky_Rosepetal

PokeSpe Addict
I'm not dead. It's a miracle! I feel so guilty for not posting more often. :( But anyway, welcome new members! :D

Poor Red. XD. I can totally see everyone in the whole room sweatdropping when Red comes in and goes, "Guys...why is Blue acting so ticked off?" He finds out that he forgot Blue's birthday, and rushes off and tries to plan the best day ever for her (Keyword: tries.) He fails miserably, because he didn't think everything through before taking Blue along. But Blue would be touched anyway, because he went through so much trouble just to make her happy. And the scene ends with a kiss.

Mr.Pong

Cousin Of Gold
Hey you guys! Sorry for not being so active, but I have a new topic for us all:

What kind of music would Red and Blue listen to?

I think Red would listen to like Rock music such as artists like Radiohead, Classic Rock artists such as AC/DC and Aerosmith. I think he'll listen to hip-hop artists such as like Common, The Game, Nas and Talib Kweli. Those artists have a conscious lyrics with an edge in their voice. And for some reason I find that Red would be attracted to that kind of music.

I think Blue would listen to music that contains sweet and emotional lyrics such as artists like M.J. Blige, The Fray, The Beatles, Common, 2pac(look up "keep ya head up")
I think she would also listen to Korean Pop music artists such as like Wondergirls and Bobby Kim. Which their music contains sweet lyrics also.

Batman Beyond

The Tommorow Knight
I was conducting an experiment to see if people would let this thread die without me. It didn't, you came up with a new topic, you passed. ^_^

And people, for future refference. Don't be afraid to ask things that you''re curious about in regards to LuckyShipping. Whether it's a topic or just a question like "is OldRivalShipping canon?" Which, once again, it isn't. And the way things are going, probably never will be.

An important thing to remember with this topic is that the kind of music Red and Blue like might not be the kind of music YOU like. Of course we all love Rock. Everybody loves Rock. So as a major in psychology, and someone who tries to accurately display the characters' psychosis as close to the real thing as I possibly can, I have to think about it. There hasn't really been any nudges that I'm aware of in personality to suggest that Blue or Red would prefer a genre of music. Though I imagine Red would like a positive feeling from his music, and Blue would like something "sassy". It's funny because this topic would be so easy to answer for other situations. i.e songs that go with the pairing(we did that one already though, new members remember, you can answer old topics if you haven't answered them already and if you have, you can revisit them), or what kind of music the OTHER characters would like. Like I imagine Silver would prefer anger channeling music like Lordi and Disturbed. Certain characters say a certain band for me. Gold-Nickelback, Crystal-Nightwish, Yellow-anything works well with her with the exceptions of the two talentless, ear bleeding genres(Rap and Screamo), Ruby-A Perfect Circle. But with some I'm not sure. Blue kinda says Evenescence, and Red kinda says Scorpions. But I can't say for sure. Manga is a visual media first and foremost, so music isn't really involved.

Last edited:
new topic/question:
How can Red win over Blue's heart in spite of all the competition namely, Green and Silver?
And similarly, how can Blue win over Red, faced with competition like Misty and Yellow?

Batman Beyond

The Tommorow Knight
new topic/question:
How can Red win over Blue's heart in spite of all the competition namely, Green and Silver?
And similarly, how can Blue win over Red, faced with competition like Misty and Yellow?

Once again, I understand OldRival is poular, but Blue and Green have talked to each other twice, count it, TWICE! In the debate of LuckyShipping vs OldRivalShipping, Red would win over Green because there is no competition, it's the shipping equivilant of a superspeed samurai ninja shoalin monk vs a wingless fly. There's nothing wrong with OldRivalShipping, but just because it's popular, doesn't mean it's likely to ever happen. ChosenShipping is a bit more plausible, but I still think LuckyShipping wins out. Silver and Blue's interactions have been strictly platonic with the exception of a few blushes. LuckyShipping and ChosenShipping have both shown that the Blue cares very deeply for both Silver and Red. She barely knows Green, I want this whole thread to understand that. There is a lot of interaction between Blue and Red, and Blue and Silver. But at least LuckyShipping has moments of Blue being flirtatious towards Red and Red openly admiting he thinks she's cute.

As for Misty(MangaPoke) ignoring that we still out hint that ship and it's been pretty much dead at this point. It's a Japanese manga. Asian culture, particularily China and Japan focus heavily on a persons talent. In America, a value of ours is "nobody's perfect" a value of a given asian culture can range anywhere between "at least try(to be perfect)" and "saying nobody's perfect is just an excuse not to try harder next time". I'm a little sketchy on how high in regard an average Japanese citizen would hold this value and if the writer for PokeSupe, Hidenori Kusaka(I find it disrespectful when people don't remember his name) would hold any meaning to it(I brush up more on China than Japan, even though Japan is my second favorite country =\). But if he's even a decent writer, he'll know better than to put Misty as the primary love interest.

SpecialShipping writers often put up a Misty vs Yellow scenario. This doesn't work because Yellow isn't a fighter type of person. And the reason Blue vs Misty doesn't work is because, and I'll never get tired of saying this, Blue would kick Misty's *** up and down the censorship beeping street! She's a more interesting character, she's a main character compared to Misty being a supporting character, she's a Dex Holder as opposed to Misty being a gym leader, she's a better Water Pokemon Trainer since her Blastoise can certainly take out Misty's entire arsonal of Pokemon, she has a sassy attitude and Misty is honestly bland if we're to regard her as a main character(good thing she's just a supporting character), Blue has this happy more active spirit yet has a darker backstory and the reader can sympathise and connect with Blue a lot better than with Misty, and as icing on the cake, I'm sure that if they were to both flirt with Red at the same time, Blue would beat her at that too since she's more hands on, sassy, and not afraid to "go there" and would be much better at getting and keeping Red's attention. And if they were to ever get in a battle or fist fight, Blue wouldn't even break a sweat.

If Hidenori goes with MangaPoke, I will personally boycott PokeSupe(okay not really), not because I don't like the pairing but because it'd be so boring(or at least that part of the manga would be boring). As a character and love interest, Misty brings virtually nothing to the table.

Yellow however, you have me here. It's been hinted at that Yellow has feelings for Red, mostly through blushing and frequently thinking about him, like Silver with ChosenShipping. However I've yet to see Yellow go to the extremes that Blue has, Yellow's crush is mainly just a crush, Blue has all out flirted with Red. And Red views Yellow in a platonic light at this point, whereas he finds himself attracted to Blue at the very least. I will say this, If SpecialShipping were to take an arc to spring into canon, while desperately fanservicy(which is not a word), it can actually happen given Special's past events. Personally, if Yellow knew the interactions Red and Blue had in RGB, I think she would just give up. She ripped his cloths off(without having any way of knowing that Red had an outfit underneath), how do you compete with that? And up through each saga, I think Red and Blue have maintained their feelings, but may have possibly mellowed out.

So when naming a few popular opposing ships, OldRival, Chosen, MangaPoke, and Special. My fellow LuckyShippers the only real threat hint wise is Special, and we're putting up a pretty damn good fight.

I apologize to OldRival, Chosen, MangaPoke, and Misty fans everywhere ahead of time. I don't need to apologize to SpecialShippers, I complimented you guys!

Last edited:

hailflameblast

I'm coming...
I pwn all with my logic!

new topic/question:

Note: I am not an out-and-out LuckyShipper, I'm kind of on the borderline(I'm not really much of a shipper, I saw the title, which said it was a DISCUSSION, not a fanclub, so I thought I'd come in and have a post) between SpecialShipping and LuckyShipping, so I have a foot in both camps, ensuring I can peddle secrets(Think of Long John Silver in Treasure island after Jim gets back to his friends).

Red - The probable technique would be to get 2 free tickets to a holiday resort (from Platinum obviously), make it a lucky draw to decide who goes on the vacation, ensure that the only names in the hat(from which the names will be drawn) are Red and Blue, and then get someone like Yellow to draw the names(seeing as she is TOO innocent to check the names in the hat) and then go on a vacation. Meanwhile, get some hardcore LuckyShipper to take over his head, and the rest ........ will be history.

P.S. When he gets back, he should wear a helmet(Nasty Silver.....)

Blue - Complicated:-
i) Send Yellow off on a vacation to a place far away along with Silver(using the aforementioned technique).
ii) Spike Red's orange juice with sleeping potion. Send him to go to sleep.
iii) Get a voice modulator(basically, it makes her sound like someone else).
iv)Make the voice modulator record(Blue should ensure that the voice practically sounds like it is Red's) that he thinks Misty looks terrible and that he thinks that if he dated Yellow, everyone would accuse him of being blinded by someone who wishes to rob him when they go on a date, followed by him saying that Blue is hot he wishes he could kiss her.
iv) Place some kind of microphone in Red's room(which should not work)
v) When Red wakes up, she should blackmail him by saying that he has to go out with ONLY HER as she has recorded what he said what was stored in the recording of the modulator in his sleep, otherwise, she will get Silver to bash him in for increasing her hopes and then rejecting her.
vi) Meanwhile, get some hardcore LuckyShipper to take over both of their heads, and the rest ........ will be history.

Mr.Pong

Cousin Of Gold
new topic/question:

Well, basically I think that there are not that much hints for oldrivalshipping. And there are not that much interaction between both of them. And honestly I haven't seen neither Blue nor Green blush at each other. And as far as Yellow goes, it's ONE-SIDED. I think I have made comments about this a bunch of times, but Red is still static when it comes to romantic thoughts with yellow. So he doesn't even have that kind of feelings. And for Mangapokeshipping..... eh that shipping went somewhere far far away into the quiet forest of Almost Crack Shippings. ALTHOUGH I do get a feeling that we're going to get a reincarnation of Mangapoke in possible HG/SS Saga.

And as far as hints go, Luckyshipping had the most recent hint in the FR/LG Saga for the R/B/Y Dex Holders. And we had a whole chapter WAY BACK WHEN Blue flirted with Red big time and Red openly admitted that he thought she was cute. Then the shipping was very very quiet for sometime in later sagas, until the shipping hint was brought again in FR/LG Saga(You know where I'm talking about my fellow Luckyshippers).

And I have a new question:

Do you think we'll be able to witness a Luckyshipping moment in the D/P/P Saga or if not maybe the possible HG/LG Saga?

I don't think we'll be able to see a Luckyshipping moment in the D/P/P Saga because I get a feeling that saga is going to be only involving the 4th generation dex holders.

Now on the other hand, I get a strong feeling that we're going to see a Luckyshipping moment in the possible HG/SS Saga because it involves Johto and Kanto. And I REALLY hope to see a bloom of the Luckyshipping into a canon shipping instead of a reincarnation of mangapokeshipping.

Batman Beyond

The Tommorow Knight
new topic/question:

Well, basically I think that there are not that much hints for oldrivalshipping. And there are not that much interaction between both of them. And honestly I haven't seen neither Blue nor Green blush at each other. And as far as Yellow goes, it's ONE-SIDED. I think I have made comments about this a bunch of times, but Red is still static when it comes to romantic thoughts with yellow. So he doesn't even have that kind of feelings. And for Mangapokeshipping..... eh that shipping went somewhere far far away into the quiet forest of Almost Crack Shippings. ALTHOUGH I do get a feeling that we're going to get a reincarnation of Mangapoke in possible HG/SS Saga.

And as far as hints go, Luckyshipping had the most recent hint in the FR/LG Saga for the R/B/Y Dex Holders. And we had a whole chapter WAY BACK WHEN Blue flirted with Red big time and Red openly admitted that he thought she was cute. Then the shipping was very very quiet for sometime in later sagas, until the shipping hint was brought again in FR/LG Saga(You know where I'm talking about my fellow Luckyshippers).

And I have a new question:

Do you think we'll be able to witness a Luckyshipping moment in the D/P/P Saga or if not maybe the possible HG/LG Saga?

I don't think we'll be able to see a Luckyshipping moment in the D/P/P Saga because I get a feeling that saga is going to be only involving the 4th generation dex holders.

Now on the other hand, I get a strong feeling that we're going to see a Luckyshipping moment in the possible HG/SS Saga because it involves Johto and Kanto. And I REALLY hope to see a bloom of the Luckyshipping into a canon shipping instead of a reincarnation of mangapokeshipping.

Well as a fair shipper I have to say that the most recent hint is Red carrying Yellow. And even if it's more recent, big deal, Red already did the same thing for Blue in the same arc. And even then the panels were small and less focused on. So, and this goes for both ships, The fact that Red carried these girls means absolutely nothing in the overall story or in comparrison to other hints and at the end of the day, no one in the story will remember or care about.

And the reason RGB and FRLG are so hint heavy as opposed to the other sagas is because they stared Red, Blue and Green. The other arcs starred other characters. So it wasn't there place to be all lovey dovey while the other characters are being developed and having their adventure.

That being said, Hidenori's primary focus is action. Romance is secondary. It's like if romance was the primary point of Batman. It's not. If PokeSupe focused more on romance, characters' love lives, their emotions toward ramantic-platonic relationships and how they romantically feel about primary individuals as opposed to self-discovery, their emotions toward a situation, accomplishing their goals, having a responsibillity to help even if people turn against you, the need for adventure, having the emotional strength to carry on, keep getting better, put strategy into your battling and how to use your Pokemon, and saving the world, then PokeSupe just wouldn't be, PokeSupe. What a usual shipper would like to see usually can't fit in the manga and would have to be it's own manga basing itself only on that ship. "LuckyShipping" the manga!

Anyway;

If Hidenori puts a hint in there okay, if he doesn't, he doesn't have to. The reason being that ANY shipping isn't his obligation, it's just dramatic and story/character progressing. So maybe there will be, maybe there won't be. We all love LuckyShipping but at the very least we have to RESPECT what the Manga is really about. So maybe there will be a hint. Maybe not.

Actually My biggest hope for the HGSS arc is for Yellow to be in the main group.

Ranting mode activated: There's not going to be a "Soul" or "Kotone". In the games THAT THE WHOLE MANGA COMES FROM, they couldn't put in a gender option until Crystal came out. So when they remade Red and Green, they put in a female character that you couldn't choose before. Since she was new they named her after the NEW game, hence, Leaf. When they announced they'd remake Gold and Silver, they kept the trend and named her Soul or so it was thought. The ONLY reason they didn't rename her Krys or Crystal like in the original is because they A. weren't remaking Crystal, so calling her Crystal didn't seem to fit. BUT IT'S STILL CRYSTAL!

Okay that being said. My biggest hope is that Yellow joins Gold, Silver, and Crystal on their adventure. I'd like to see her play a major role again, and god knows they aren't going to remake Yellow version, which is probably for the best. I'm thinking, Silver was reunited with his dad Gioanni right, so they could move back into Viridian City where they lived before, and Yellow could come by sometimes and she and Silver could become good friends(on or off panel, either way). And that would be the setup for Yellow to be part of the main group(and if they're friends, wouldn't be cool or cute to see Yellow hugtackle Silver from behind?). I mean they didn't really remake Blue version, but Blue was still in FRLG as a main character, granted that she had a slightly smaller role.

And as for LuckyShipping, you guys remember MCO's baby Eevee story? You know Red and Leaf are going to have a role in the game, possibly together(I know Red is in there, I dont know about Leaf, I haven't played it yet), so Red and Blue could have something similar, whatever they're doing. And it could follow MCO's "who get's the baby Eevee" formula.

And even if Soul does appear, it'll probably be because Hidenori decided to put her in there for the fans(honestly, don't get your hopes up). And even if she does appear, she doesn't have to be Crys' little sister(that just doesn't make sense to me), or that she even has to be romotely related to or familliar with any of the Dex Holders. And she will NOT replace Crystal! That's bull****! People like Crystal, and her stories were interesting and developed hers and others characters. Why throw that away for no reason? Why take away the ability to write stories about her? And if she does join the group that doesn't mean Yellow can't be part of it. I know five people is pushing it but still. And if there is a new "Soul" character, than Crystal can keep her old outfit or a variation of it. On one hand I get to say I told you so, on the other Crys doesn't have to switch to Soul's clothing, which I despise but I can get over it. So I win either way.

So, Red and Blue, Baby Evee, Yellow joining the main group(even though the story will probably focus on Gold or Gold and Silver the most), and maybe some shipping fanservice, MangaQuest has been popular since forever SpecialJewel's game couterpart RedemptionShipping is popular in and of itself, and Viridian and Amber are growing in popularity, so little moments like that from time to time. I think that makes for a decent HGSS saga right there. And it's always the little things that people connect with. Like maybe there could be a story of Crys dying her hair blue in GSC, and letting it go back to it's naural color for Emerald and HGSS.

Well that was less about LuckyShipping and more about the whole manga itself wasn't it. A little off topic. I promise never to do that again, or at least not for a long time.

Last edited:

I would love to see luckyshipping win over oldrival and chosen shipping

FlameRose

-pokes head in- Um, hello. I've recently REALLY gotten into Pokemon Special, and while I like different ships with these two, I won't deny Luckyshipping is adorable and had some great hints. (I love their first meeting~ <3) So yeah, can I join?

I have been like totally dead to these forums lately. Just... gone. But, it's my birthday, so I decided to celebrate by heading over here! *lame*
-pokes head in- Um, hello. I've recently REALLY gotten into Pokemon Special, and while I like different ships with these two, I won't deny Luckyshipping is adorable and had some great hints. (I love their first meeting~ <3) So yeah, can I join?
Why of course you can! Luckyshipping is a growing ship, and that means the more the merrier~! (...Right?)

Well... I think Blue would be into songs she could really dance to and pop (not Bubblegum-Pop (that really bouncy and eccentric genre where groups like Aqua and Toy-Box fit in), but more normal Pop/Hip-Hop like Beyonce... and also maybe Mariah Carey. Maybe). She'd like some of the more emotional stuff (Evenecense and earlier Avril), too...

As for Red, I could see him really liking Nickelback.

How can Red win over the competition, namely, Green and Silver?
And similarly, how can Blue win over Red with competition like Misty and Yellow?
Well, as other people said, Green isn't an issue. There is no romance between him and Blue. If anything, he'd be happy for the two if they got together. Silver is a tad more complicated. Since he has a bit of a temper and a tendancy to beat up anyone who comes too close to Blue (poor Gold... *snicker*), it's safe to assume he likes her (that's going too far for it to just be "overprotective-brother" feelings). While Red wouldn't necessarily be afraid of the boy, he would be wary, and not want to hurt his feelings by dating Blue (who doesn't seem to hold any romantic interest towards Silver, either...). I think in this case, it would require more action on her part. If she sat Silver down and talked with him about it, he'd probably be willing to let her go (the best way to prove you love someone is to let them go...). Cue happy ending, part one~!

Blue's situation would be quite a bit more complicated. While Misty, having seemingly disappeared off the face of PokeSpe, poses no real threat, Yellow definitely would. While it's not an issue of how Red feels (since any love he's shown to her is platonic), Blue and Yellow appear to be close friends. Now, way back when she was a conniving little thief, she may not have cared and just went for "her man" anyway, but Blue's changed drastically throughout the series. She's kinder and gentler now, and she wouldn't want to hurt Yellow's feelings. I think the only thing to do is for them to talk with her individually and work it out slowly. Like, Blue would come over to her place one day and tell her that she likes Red. Another day, Red would stop by to tell her what a great friend she is, and (subtley! or... as subtley as he can, anyway...) mention that he's thinking about asking Blue out. And of course, once they're dating, they wouldn't act all "lovey-dovey", especially in front of her. They'd ease her into the idea, so she wouldn't suffer as much. I mean, sure, she's bound to be a bit sad, but they're gonna try to make it as painless as possible for her. Cue happy ending, part two~!

Do you think we'll be able to witness a Luckyshipping moment D/P/P Saga or if not maybe the possible HG/LG (*lawls* not LeafGreen, it's SoulSilver!) Saga?

I'm saying definitely no for the D/P/P arc. It seems as if Pearl, Platina, and Dia are on their own (translation: no other dex holders...). While it's not necessarily a bad thing (more Haughtyshipping~!), it does cut out any shipping hints for the others (aww...).

I've got high hopes for the HG/SS arc, though. After all... I have my "Baby Eevee" theory~! (thanks for reminding me, Marty; and what's up with the rant? Soul or no Soul, does it matter? Me personally, I'd kinda like her to show up, just cause I'm curious as to what kind of personality she'd have and who she could be shipped with...) Way back when, it was revealed that Red's Espeon and Blue's Ditto got, uh, friendly. Everyone knows the result of that. Anyways, what I'm hoping it, throughout that arc, the two will often be in each other's company, bantering over who gets the egg, each encounter becoming just a tad more flirtatious than the last. By the time the egg finally hatches, there is some definite romance between the two (that they haven't really acted upon, but still...). Red finally submits and lets Blue have the baby Eevee, and as thanks, she would totally tackle-hug him (maybe even kiss him...). Cue blush-fest, slight awkwardness, but eventual romance!

And... I'm all caught up now. Amazing. *Porky-Pig impression* That's all, folks!

FlameRose

Yay, thank you! :3

And similarly, how can Blue win over Red with competition like Misty and Yellow?

Green's no competition. He'll probably just wave it off, and congratulate Red on finding a girl.

Silver...well, I'm also a ChosenShipper, so this one's a little difficult for me. He's definitely over-protective of her...Gold probably still has some bruises to prove that. *snerks* But I have to agree with MyCurrentObsession, if Blue and him had a heart-to-heart, he'd be willing to let her go since he wants her to be happy. (Can he be the godfather of one of their kids if they have any? Pleeeease?)

As for Blue's competition..Misty's pretty much gone, so we can easily count her out. Yellow on the other hand, is MUCH trickier. We all know she has a huge crush on Red. I like MyCurrentObsession's idea of how both of them would be gentle and try not to shove it in her face that they love eachother. Yellow's the saint of the PokeSpecial characters, so while she'd be sad for awhile, she'd be happy for both of them and eventually move one.

Batman Beyond

The Tommorow Knight
I have been like totally dead to these forums lately. Just... gone. But, it's my birthday, so I decided to celebrate by heading over here! *lame*

Why of course you can! Luckyshipping is a growing ship, and that means the more the merrier~! (...Right?)

Well... I think Blue would be into songs she could really dance to and pop (not Bubblegum-Pop (that really bouncy and eccentric genre where groups like Aqua and Toy-Box fit in), but more normal Pop/Hip-Hop like Beyonce... and also maybe Mariah Carey. Maybe). She'd like some of the more emotional stuff (Evenecense and earlier Avril), too...

As for Red, I could see him really liking Nickelback.

Well, as other people said, Green isn't an issue. There is no romance between him and Blue. If anything, he'd be happy for the two if they got together. Silver is a tad more complicated. Since he has a bit of a temper and a tendancy to beat up anyone who comes too close to Blue (poor Gold... *snicker*), it's safe to assume he likes her (that's going too far for it to just be "overprotective-brother" feelings). While Red wouldn't necessarily be afraid of the boy, he would be wary, and not want to hurt his feelings by dating Blue (who doesn't seem to hold any romantic interest towards Silver, either...). I think in this case, it would require more action on her part. If she sat Silver down and talked with him about it, he'd probably be willing to let her go (the best way to prove you love someone is to let them go...). Cue happy ending, part one~!

Blue's situation would be quite a bit more complicated. While Misty, having seemingly disappeared off the face of PokeSpe, poses no real threat, Yellow definitely would. While it's not an issue of how Red feels (since any love he's shown to her is platonic), Blue and Yellow appear to be close friends. Now, way back when she was a conniving little thief, she may not have cared and just went for "her man" anyway, but Blue's changed drastically throughout the series. She's kinder and gentler now, and she wouldn't want to hurt Yellow's feelings. I think the only thing to do is for them to talk with her individually and work it out slowly. Like, Blue would come over to her place one day and tell her that she likes Red. Another day, Red would stop by to tell her what a great friend she is, and (subtley! or... as subtley as he can, anyway...) mention that he's thinking about asking Blue out. And of course, once they're dating, they wouldn't act all "lovey-dovey", especially in front of her. They'd ease her into the idea, so she wouldn't suffer as much. I mean, sure, she's bound to be a bit sad, but they're gonna try to make it as painless as possible for her. Cue happy ending, part two~!

Do you think we'll be able to witness a Luckyshipping moment D/P/P Saga or if not maybe the possible HG/LG (*lawls* not LeafGreen, it's SoulSilver!) Saga?

I'm saying definitely no for the D/P/P arc. It seems as if Pearl, Platina, and Dia are on their own (translation: no other dex holders...). While it's not necessarily a bad thing (more Haughtyshipping~!), it does cut out any shipping hints for the others (aww...).

I've got high hopes for the HG/SS arc, though. After all... I have my "Baby Eevee" theory~! (thanks for reminding me, Marty; and what's up with the rant? Soul or no Soul, does it matter? Me personally, I'd kinda like her to show up, just cause I'm curious as to what kind of personality she'd have and who she could be shipped with...) Way back when, it was revealed that Red's Espeon and Blue's Ditto got, uh, friendly. Everyone knows the result of that. Anyways, what I'm hoping it, throughout that arc, the two will often be in each other's company, bantering over who gets the egg, each encounter becoming just a tad more flirtatious than the last. By the time the egg finally hatches, there is some definite romance between the two (that they haven't really acted upon, but still...). Red finally submits and lets Blue have the baby Eevee, and as thanks, she would totally tackle-hug him (maybe even kiss him...). Cue blush-fest, slight awkwardness, but eventual romance!

And... I'm all caught up now. Amazing. *Porky-Pig impression* That's all, folks!

If you must know, the problem isn't Soul herself. It's just that I don't think that there'll be another character and I'm a little ticked at how eveyone acts like all the Dex Holders are super-ultra-greatest-thing-in-the-universe and are 100% irreplacable, except Crystal(i.e. one of my favorites and in my opinion one of the most three dimensional). I just dislike the idea of Soul(or Kotone, apparently) replacing Crystal.

And of course I want to see Yellow in a future arc, I know it should only apply to the Johto Dex Holders, since it's their remake, but I still think Yellow should be in there since she'll otherwise never have her own arc or staring role again.

Anyway, I repeat, manga is a visual media(no sound involved at all, as we all know), so just because you like a certain genre of music doesn't mean the characters will. I for one cannot imagine Red liking Nickelback all that much.

Last edited:

As FlameRose said green can just brush off Blue and congratuate him on finding a girl.
and just like Rose said again Blue and Silver should have a heart to heart and Silver will understand what Blue sees in Red and will finally be able to let her go.

Misty will be a tough competition, however Misty and Yellow are both really obsessed with Red. Red might start off dating Misty first but after the first date Red will find himself somehow not in a right place per say because Misty's personality don't really compliment his and everything. After the dinner, Red will be like Misty, he will be like I'm sorry but I'm thinking of another girl in mind (meaning Blue). Misty will be like why Red, and Red will tell Misty all the stories about how he met Blue and how she supported him all the way through the indigo league in the background and everything. IT will be hard for Misty at first, but then she will eventually move on to Brock.

kaikallana

Ruby's in the HOUSE!
Oh my Gosh....Gomen-nasai for not being on...here...Luckyshippers!

i'll be harsh....kill the competition....

No No No! just kidding!
I agree with the previous posts here...
^^

Mega Heroes

I'm gonna Brawl!

As FlameRose said green can just brush off Blue and congratuate him on finding a girl.
and just like Rose said again Blue and Silver should have a heart to heart and Silver will understand what Blue sees in Red and will finally be able to let her go.

Misty will be a tough competition, however Misty and Yellow are both really obsessed with Red. Red might start off dating Misty first but after the first date Red will find himself somehow not in a right place per say because Misty's personality don't really compliment his and everything. After the dinner, Red will be like Misty, he will be like I'm sorry but I'm thinking of another girl in mind (meaning Blue). Misty will be like why Red, and Red will tell Misty all the stories about how he met Blue and how she supported him all the way through the indigo league in the background and everything. IT will be hard for Misty at first, but then she will eventually move on to Brock.

But its really going to be painful for Yellow. Oh well, there's always Blue and Silver.

Batman Beyond

The Tommorow Knight
Okay guys, I've been sick as dog with the swine flu but I'm better and I see the thread has progressed very little since I was last here. That's alright though, because I have a new topic.

How high in regard do you think the writer(Hidenori Kusaka) holds the idea of LuckyShipping or any shipping when he's writting the story?

Well the series has always been about the games. And it's action/adventure and fantasy, no where in the list of genre does it say "romance, romantic comedy, romantic adventure, romanticidal or anything of the sort". But we've seen hints and progression from characters in the past and even a canon main character pairing. So it's in there, we're just not bombarded by it, it's not the main genre so romance is only visited occasionally.

Now LuckyShippings hints, if you choose to look at them platonically, is a very big "if". But if you choose to look at them romantically(and we do, like normal people would, not that other shippers are abnormal I'm just saying we as people can make an unbiased connection) then the hints sky rocket through the roof. I've always said LuckyShipping has a strong, fair, fighting chance. But to answer the question, if Hidenori is going in that direction, he's easing into it, i.e it's been subtly suggested that Red and Blue spend more time together than shown on screen, and although Team Rocket's plan to make Red angry was centered around his friends in general, Blue says he did it all for her sake, meaning she at least thinks Red was doing all these big things for her, even if he was focusing on his friends as a whole(though we like to think Blue is 100% right). And if he's not going in that direction, it at the very least, could go that way and signals that Hidenori likes giving Red and Blue a friendly relationship.

That being said, he's the writer, he can do what he wants. We know he's willing to put characters together, i.e FranticShipping. So based on the knowledge tat's been handed to us, we can keep our fingers crossed and our hopes high.

Okay and so can SpecialShippers I guess due to also having a large number of hints, but I'm actually coming to see LuckyShipping as more likely than-ripped his cloths off in RGB chapter-oops did that come out of my mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.