• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official NFL Thread!

Hellsing

Banned
yes you do. Its called the "Conference Championship Trophy."

Which is completely meaningless.

The Eli Manning Sucks Guy updated his blog and shows his feelings about Favre:

Despite telling the Vikings that he's "staying retired", Favre has broken his promise and has signed with the Vikings. I'm not a Packers fan, but I can feel their pain and anger since I idolized Favre when I was a kid. However, this is officially the last straw. I didn't mind the whole fiasco with the Jets since he was traded, but this is a lot different. He told everyone he was going to stay retired, but then he goes ahead to show how much of a liar he is by joining the Vikings. He wants to tell us that he came back for the "love of the game", but I call ********. Everyone knows he only joined the Vikings so he could get a shot at the Packers and to make sure that no one breaks his precious records. Favre will still go into the Hall of Fame for his accomplishments, but we the fans will only remember him as a selfish ******* that wouldn't go away.

Last edited:

Patches-Kun

Dawn Patrol
I respect Favre from when he was with the Packers. After this whole retiring/unretiring cycle, I just think he's doing it for attention and wants to screw with people.

Vernikova

Champion
What in the blue hell has McNabb done?

5 Conference Championship games in 8 years with 1 victory, a Super Bowl appearance, he has 29, 320 carrer passing yards, has a career 86.2 Quarterback rating, 5 Pro Bowl selections, 2004 NFC Player of the Year, 4 NFC East Division titles. He's also Philadelphia's all-time leader in career wins, pass attempts, pass completions, passing yards, and passing touchdowns. He's also the least intercepted QB per pass attempt in NFL history. He's one of 6 Quarterbacks to have over 25,000 passing yards and 3,000 rushing yardsand is the third highest winning percentage among active Quarterbacks behind Peyton and Brady.

NFL.com
The Eagles website
NFL Records

Sure McNabb hasn't won a Super Bowl ring but neither has Dan Marino.

Darkrai00

.*.*.*.*.
i am an eagles fan myself, and i personally dont want michael vick on the team really, but it could have some advantages. you could throw mcnabb and vick both in the backfeild in a split shotgun and the defense will have no clue what to do. because vick can be such a huge threat, he could throw the ball, he could run the ball, heck he could even go out for a catch. defenses will have no clue who to keep there eye on and i think he will do just fine. put them both back there and do a little half back(QB) pass, that way you still got the amazing arm but also the running ability.

Hellsing

Banned
5 Conference Championship games in 8 years with 1 victory

So constantly choking means you're great?

he has 29, 320 carrer passing yards

His yards per attempt is a below average 6.8.

has a career 86.2 Quarterback rating

First off, that's an average passer rating. Second off, the passer rating is a terrible way to rate a quarterback. John Elway's career passer rating is 79.9, but you won't say he sucked.

5 Pro Bowl selections

The Pro Bowl is a joke. Brett Favre was selected over Philip Rivers last season for ****'s sake.

2004 NFC Player of the Year

terrell.jpg

He's also Philadelphia's all-time leader in career wins, pass attempts, pass completions, passing yards, and passing touchdowns.

The only other quarterback the Eagles had that lasted as long as McNabb was Cunningham.

and is the third highest winning percentage among active Quarterbacks behind Peyton and Brady.

Winning is a team effort, lol.

Lord Scalgon

What title?
Wow, after reading one article, it looks to me like Packers fans are not happy with Favre signing with the Vikings. I'll admit - I'm not a Packers fan (but rather a Dolphins fan), but I never knew Vikings and Packers were arch-rivals to each other (feel free to hate me for not knowing this fact). Unfortunately, Favre's reputation in Green Bay is just shattered into pieces. Now we know what it's like being a Packers fan - they hate the Vikings...every single bit. Like the MLB's Giants-Dodgers rivalry, where both teams happen to hate each other...every single bit.

Vernikova

Champion
So constantly choking means you're great?

Being in the position means something. Personal achievements mean something as well. Marino has been to how many AFC title games? About 3 times with one Super Bowl appearance and no Super Bowl wins.

His yards per attempt is a below average 6.8.

That doesn't change his total yards.

First off, that's an average passer rating. Second off, the passer rating is a terrible way to rate a quarterback. John Elway's career passer rating is 79.9, but you won't say he sucked.

Having a high rating doesn't hurt either way.

The Pro Bowl is a joke. Brett Favre was selected over Philip Rivers last season for ****'s sake.

It's still an honor which is tagged on.

And? Most of the great Quarterbacks have had great players to throw to. That doesn't lessen the career of the Quarterback in anyway.

The only other quarterback the Eagles had that lasted as long as McNabb was Cunningham.

That says something about McNabb.

Winning is a team effort, lol.

If so you can't blame McNabb soley on those failed attempts at Super Bowls because at some point the rest of the team needs to step up.

It's okay to not like him but he's still a great Quarterback either way and his achievements speak for themselves.

Hellsing

Banned
Being in the position means something. Personal achievements mean something as well. Marino has been to how many AFC title games? About 3 times with one Super Bowl appearance and no Super Bowl wins.

Dan Marino is the most overrated player in the history of the NFL.

That doesn't change his total yards.

Yes it does. It shows that he only got that amount of yards by throwing constantly. You wouldn't say a runningback with 10,000 yards, but with 2 yards a carry average, is great.

Having a high rating doesn't hurt either way.

1/1, 12 yards, TD = perfect 158.3 rating.

It's still an honor which is tagged on.

It's still a worthless statistic.

And? Most of the great Quarterbacks have had great players to throw to. That doesn't lessen the career of the Quarterback in anyway.

What the hell has McNabb done before and after Terrell Owens? Joe Montana excelled before Jerry Rice joined the 49ers and was great when he went to the Chiefs. Tom Brady excelled with the like of Troy Brown, David Patten, an David Givens.

That says something about McNabb.

No, it says something about the intelligence of the Eagles front office.

If so you can't blame McNabb soley on those failed attempts at Super Bowls because at some point the rest of the team needs to step up.

No, McNabb was single handedly to blame every single time they lost. He was especially to blame for the Super Bowl when he threw three interceptions and was puking all over the place.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy

PsychicPsycho

Wow, Plaxico Burress gets 2 years. That seemed kind of harsh at first, considering stallworth only got about a month for killing a guy. But after thinking about it more, it seems less like Burress got it harsh and Stallworth got it easy. What do you guys think?

Also, regarding Brett Favre, I don't really care what he does anymore, I'll support whatever decision he makes. I just want him to stick with that decision. Although I thought it was lame that he called out the complaining packers fans, saying 'If you were a true packers fan, you'd understand this'. I don't know, I've kind considered anyone that leaves the chiefs for anyone else in the AFC west a traitor.

Patches-Kun

Dawn Patrol
but I never knew Vikings and Packers were arch-rivals to each other (feel free to hate me for not knowing this fact).

Actually, it's not just that the Vikings and Packers are rivals, everyone in the NFC North division are rivals to each other, each of the games are heated bloodbaths, except if you play the Lions.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Personally, I think that Brett Favre needs to stay retired. He is a great player but I think his time has come for him to stop playing football.

But he does still have the drive to play football.
He obviously wants to play, so if he does, whos stoping him?

natopotato22

Cellar Door
They make the Pro Bowl selections during the season.
Brett was selected before he started doing bad.
You need to relax bud. You're just saying the most retarded stuff and doing whatever you can to bring down a good player.
I've watch all of Mcnabb's games and Rebecca probably has too.
I've been his fan since he was playing at Syracuse and went to his Senior game.

I think the eagles are going to get Vick in shape and make him better and then trade him next year for some player or draft picks and stuff.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
But he does still have the drive to play football.
He obviously wants to play, so if he does, whos stoping him?

Yeah he does, but I just dont think he has ennough in him to get a team to the playoffs, through the playoffs, and win a superbowl. He can try with the Vikings but I highly doubt they will go anywhere.

The Chargers announced that Philip Rivers has signed a contract extension that will keep him with the team through 2015. I heard NFL.com reporting that its a 6yr/$92 million extension. Hey, at least he deserved the extension.

I also saw that the Seahawks signed RB Edgerrin James. Well there goes half of T.J. Duckett's fantasy value. :s

Darkrai00

.*.*.*.*.
hey, does anyone here actually believe in the madden curse? i dont personally, but i jsut find it funny that theres 2 people on the cover this year, so two people would get injured xD.

Vernikova

Champion
The Chargers announced that Philip Rivers has signed a contract extension that will keep him with the team through 2015. I heard NFL.com reporting that its a 6yr/$92 million extension. Hey, at least he deserved the extension.

Along with a healthy Tomlinson and a Denver team that seems to have problems in the division, San Diego is poised to win the AFC West and probably a deep playoff run.

LegendaryGarchomp

Post your favorite teams. Carolina Panthers! followed by Steelers. Panthers are still my favorites though.
Your prediction for the Super Bowl. Panthers v.s. Steelers (dream match)
Your thoughts about certain teams and players. Lions suck. Hate the Packers
What is the greatest rivalry. Cardinals and Panthers
The Best and Worst Team and Division. Detroit Lions, NFC North Division