• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official NFL Thread!

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Why would they? The game was won. I'm pretty sure that's all they cared about at that point.

Well, when they gained possession after the Colts couldn't get that Touchdown, Brees was tied with Tom Brady for the most completions in a Super Bowl. No joke, he could've thrown one more pass and he would've had the Super Bowl record all to himself, instead of sharing it with Brady. It didn't really matter, but it would've been icing on the cake.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Here we go with the excuses. Every time Manning throws an interception, it's always the receivers fault.

............ quit being a jack*** to one of the greatest players to play the game of American Football.

He didn't choke. In fact, he made a mistake.
... and guess what?
Everybody makes mistakes.
So quit picking on someone who makes mistakes, K?

I like the fact that the Saints won,
But i think i'm getting tired of people saying "LUL WHOZ DAt"
.... that got annoying really quick.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
............ quit being a jack*** to one of the greatest players to play the game of American Football.

He didn't choke. In fact, he made a mistake.
... and guess what?
Everybody makes mistakes.
So quit picking on someone who makes mistakes, K?
I'm not going to say he's the greatest, but damn was Manning doing well last night. I swear, I felt like he more often than not got his man. That one interception though clearly soured his game.

I like the fact that the Saints won,
But i think i'm getting tired of people saying "LUL WHOZ DAt"
.... that got annoying really quick.
I got tired of it during the game. Mostly because the one guy i REALLY hate at College and who takes sports way to seriously said it all through the game.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I`m glad the saints won the Super Bowl.I saw on wikipedia that this years draft will be on 3 days,Thursday April 22(Round 1) at 7:30 PM,Friday April 23(Rounds 2 and 3) at 6:00PM,and Saturday April 24 (Rounds 4-7)10:00 AM.All of the times are EST.

~p 0 k e y

Top Five Reasons the New Orleans Saints Won Super Bowl XLIV

5. Garret Hartley

It's hard to believe what Hartley went through this season. He was suspended for the first four games of the season for illegal substance use. Even when he was reinstated the Saints stuck with John Carney, who was drafted when Hartley was still in diapers, and it seemed Hartley was going to get cut. Instead, the opposite came true, as Carney got cut and became the "kicking consultant". Things were looking pretty good for Hartley, until the Bucs game came. Hartley missed the game winning field goal and the Saints eventually lost in overtime. "We should have kept Carney!" Who Dat nation cried. Hartley was able to redeem himself as he kicked the game-winning field in overtime of the NFC Championship to send the Saints to their first Super Bowl. Hartley continued his Vinatieri-like poise, as he kicked three perfect 40+ yard field goals in Super Bowl XLIV. The Saints must be breating a sigh of relief now.

4. Drew Brees

There is a reason he won Super Bowl MVP folks. 32/39 (an astonishing 82% completion percentage), 288 yards (a respectable 7.3 yards per attempt), two touchdowns, no turnovers, and just one sack. Voters may have snubbed Brees in favor of Manning for regular season MVP in the past two seasons, but Brees got the MVP award that matters the most. Boy, the Chargers must feel real stupid now.

3. Defense

If saying cliches is a crime punishable by death, then get the needle out because I'm going to say it anyway: defense wins championships. While the Saints defense gave up the yards, they displayed a textbook bend-don't-break defense by holding one of the most prolific quarterbacks of all time to just one touchdown and only allowed 17 points. The second ingredient to having a great defense is causing turnovers. There was only one turnover in all of Super Bowl XLIV, but it will go down as one of the greatest plays in NFL history.

2. Coaching

I've told everyone before the game that the most underrated factor in Super Bowl XLIV was the coaching. Everyone knows Jim Caldwell is Barry Switzer in black face, so you may as well say Tony Dungy was looking for his second Super Bowl victory. The problem is that almost everyone assumes that's a winning formula. I've called Dungy's playcalling a liability for years and no one believed me. This game proved my point.

1. The drive to win

Someone should tell Bill Polian that quitters never win. By forfeiting 16-0, the Colts ultimately had nothing to give the animal-like drive to win. Sure, the Saints weren't 16-0 themselves, but if you've listened to interviews, Saints players and coaches never stopped mentioning how they were determined to not let the people of New Orleans down. The play that symbolized the Saints drive to win was the onside kick.

~p 0 k e y

Here's some food for thought: Kurt Warner is better, in big games at least, than Peyton Manning.

Well next season I hope my Packers go all the way, because now that I live in Dallas, I can see the game in the stadium which would be the single greatest sports experience in my life.

Sasarai

Bishop
Now we have the offseason to look forward to. I really hope the Patriots re-sign Wilfork but apparently talks aren't going so well and he'd take it, it's like Asante all over again except Im sure the organization would be more willing to give huge money to a nose tackle than a cornerback.

Looking forward to the draft, 4 picks in the first two rounds assuming we don't trade out. I know Belichick knows a little more about football than we do but all my friends were screaming when we traded out of the first round where we could have taken Clay Matthews or Rey Maualuga (who we didn't think would drop to the second) and we went nuts when we didn't take Rey Maualuga in the second. We could have had both but every team misses out in the draft, plus the guys we got because of trading down haven't had much of a chance to grow and prove themselves

Vernikova

Champion
I'll be damned if the Rams don't pick up Ndamukong Suh with the first pick. What I'm really wondering though is who is going to draft Tim Tebow. If anyone.

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I'll be damned if the Rams don't pick up Ndamukong Suh with the first pick. What I'm really wondering though is who is going to draft Tim Tebow. If anyone.

I heard Jacksonville might take him, as they're losing money, and getting him would give them a major boost.

~p 0 k e y

Drew Brees is most likely going to be on the Madden 11 cover, so avoid him in fantasy football.

Sasarai

Bishop
Yeah Maualuga had a few troubles in USC but I'm going to pin the DUI on him being a Bengal.

Pokey - Not just Brees but Eli too! Former Chargers QB's seem to have a habit of winning Super Bowls, someone better pick up Billy Volek

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
Sogeking said:
I heard Jacksonville might take him, as they're losing money, and getting him would give them a major boost.

I heard that too but I think that the amount of questions surrounding Tebow and his ability to be a QB would have them think about it more than once.