• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official NFL Thread!

Vernikova

Champion
Not someone that has their own problems to worry about rather than someone else's income. Eli is clearly just doing what any other person would've done and that is try to make the most money possible these days. Or at any point in time really. That blogger just seems to be complaining for the sake of complaining.

Also, what's Roethlisberger doing at #13 on that Quarterback rankings list?

Last edited:

PsychicPsycho

On the subject of eli manning, I have to agree that it seems like a lot of money to give him, especially after their collapse after plaxico left last year. Plus, I think it's funny that they make a big deal on tv about him being paid more then peyton.

Also, regarding michael crabtree. Is anyone else tired of all these rookie players coming and demanding so much money? Especially considering the number of players that fail. I heard someone talking once about the NBA, that they make their rookies sign a one year deal for the first year, and that's it. That makes sense to me; does anyone else think so?
just heard Devin Hester is no longer returning kickoff/punts this year. the story was somewhere on the nfl website...it's a shame, really. I always liked watching him returning those kickoffs from 06-07. Wasn't he like only 1 kickoff TD away from breaking the record for most KR TD's in a season two seasons ago?
Actually, I heard he will still run punts back but not kickoffs. Although, that could be wrong because I don't see what the point is in drawing that line, unless they're thinking it will cut his returns by half (I would think it wouldn't). It does dissappoint me though, he seems pretty good at it, and it's cool to see someone run them back on a semi-regular basis. I don't know about the record for kickoff returns though, although I think he's one of the ones with a 109 yard missed field goal return.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Not someone that has their own problems to worry about rather than someone else's income. Eli is clearly just doing what any other person would've done and that is try to make the most money possible these days. Or at any point in time really. That blogger just seems to be complaining for the sake of complaining.

Also, what's Roethlisberger doing at #13 on that Quarterback rankings list?

Because without the good defense and the line, he can't do ****

I'm tired of seeing these players wanting more and more money, as if 39 millioin isn't enough A YEAR.
I would be set for life.

Vernikova

Champion
Because without the good defense and the line, he can't do ****

Neither can most other Quarterbacks. Roethlisberger has already proven himself to be better than most other Quarterbacks especially when he's running around. By the end of his career he'll have at least 4 Super Bowl victories.

~dave said:
Because Roethliberger is not that good?

And Carson Palmer, Aaron Rodgers, and Matt Ryan are better?

PsychicPsych said:
Is anyone else tired of all these rookie players coming and demanding so much money?

I am. Who do they think they are demanding money to play in the NFL when they're unproven? For all anyone knows, they could turn out to be like Matt Leinart.

~dave

Hell yeah. Palmer is the only reason the Bengals are even remotely competitive, Rodgers did more in his first year starting than Roethlisberger has ever done in his entire career, and Matt Ryan took the Falcons the playoffs after they were in complete disarray. All Roethlisberger ever does is manage the game and let the defense do most of the work.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Neither can most other Quarterbacks. Roethlisberger has already proven himself to be better than most other Quarterbacks especially when he's running around. By the end of his career he'll have at least 4 Super Bowl victories.

I am. Who do they think they are demanding money to play in the NFL when they're unproven? For all anyone knows, they could turn out to be like Matt Leinart.

there are lots better QBs that can pass on the run.
no to play favorites here, but you get Tony Romo outta the pocket, he'll murder you.

I'm not saying hes BAD bad, but he's not all that he's cracked up to be in my vision.

Vernikova

Champion
Hell yeah. Palmer is the only reason the Bengals are even remotely competitive,

The Bengals aren't competitive. Didn't they have a losing record last year?

Rodgers did more in his first year starting than Roethlisberger has ever done in his entire career,

No he hasn't. His team had a bad record and fell apart. It was the at the defensive end sure but Rodgers didn't keep them in their NFC Northrace like Cutler did for Denver in the AFC West.

and Matt Ryan took the Falcons the playoffs after they were in complete disarray.

So? The Dolphins were terrible as well but that doesn't make Pennington better than Roethlisberger.

All Roethlisberger ever does is manage the game and let the defense do most of the work.

Roethlisberger has dome enough to be considered a Top 10, if not Top 5, Quarterback in the NFL. Putting 3 Quarterbacks who've only played one year in the NFL seems to be out of spite of Roethlisberger or possibly the Steelers organization.

Zenotwapal said:
no to play favorites here, but you get Tony Romo outta the pocket, he'll murder you.

I guess so but one player being better than Roethlisberger out of the pocket doesn't mean that he's bad out of the pocket. At least Roethlisberger can win in December but that might just be because Owens wasn't on the Steelers. ;)

~dave

The Bengals aren't competitive. Didn't they have a losing record last year?

Yeah...without Palmer.

No he hasn't. His team had a bad record and fell apart. It was the at the defensive end sure but Rodgers didn't keep them in their NFC Northrace like Cutler did for Denver in the AFC West.

As if it was Rodger's fault the defense constantly choked games away.

So? The Dolphins were terrible as well but that doesn't make Pennington better than Roethlisberger.

Dolphins are still pretty bad. Tom Brady going down for a year is what helped them.

Roethlisberger has dome enough to be considered a Top 10, if not Top 5, Quarterback in the NFL. Putting 3 Quarterbacks who've only played one year in the NFL seems to be out of spite of Roethlisberger or possibly the Steelers organization.

Roethlisberger and the Steelers are the most overrated garbage in the NFL. What does Roethlisberger do that warrants top five material?

Darkrai00

.*.*.*.*.
rothlisberger wins superbowls, thats why he is rated so good. there isnt much else to say, if you're a quarterback that can win superbowls, the team you play for will have no reason to think you arent good and cant do it again, so they keep you. if you can pull SB victories you will be considered a good QB, tony romo is OK but he has yet to pull a SB victory and fails in the playoffs when it really counts, so he isnt rated as good.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Winning a Super Bowl is a team effort.

WHAT are you talking about?

With the preseason starting i ask you people who like football:

Is there a need for it?
I know its for getting players back into the game, and giving the 2nd String guys a chance to play, but players do get hurt in the preseason, thus affecting their accual season play.
So, should the NFl op out of a preseason?

I don't neccesarraly hate the preseason, im just curious what ya'll think.

Vernikova

Champion
Yeah...without Palmer.

And with Palmer the Bengals have won how many playoff games? One, two, none?

As if it was Rodger's fault the defense constantly choked games away.

Great Quarterbacks can overcome such things. Jay Cutler last season almost got to the playoffs with a terrible defense while Kurt Warner actually made it to the Super Bowl.

Roethlisberger and the Steelers are the most overrated garbage in the NFL. What does Roethlisberger do that warrants top five material?

He wins games and having a great Steelers defense doesn't hurt either. I don't know how anyone could say that the Steelers are overrated this day and age either.

Zenotwapal said:
So, should the NFl op out of a preseason?

I love the preseason but I don't watch it a lot since I'm not home at the time. When I do watch it though, I love seeing players that won't play a lot during the regular season. The fake punt that the Titans used during the Hall of Fame is a perfect example of why I love the preseason.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
~dave said:

Hell no. So the two Super Bowls in the last 4 years are garbage?

There Defense last year was one of the best in NFL history, Roethlisberger won so many games in the last minute it was insane, including the big dance, and he didn't have the running game he's used to.

If you want examples, the Super Bowl, the Steelers were around their own 10 yard line, he leads them to a touchdown to win. The AFC North Clincher, he leads his team, without a running game, down the field against one of the best defenses in the league, for a touchdown.

I say your arguement is garbage.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer

Are you joking? I am not a Steelers fans but for them winning the superbowl 2 times in the last 4 years, Roethlisberger is definately top 5 material IMO.

DragonTamer87

Speed Trainer
You guys gotta remember! It wasn't Big Ben who won those superbowl's, it was his DEFENSE. Well the first one anyway for sure he was dreadful in his first superbowl appearance, his second one he did alot better I give him credit he's a good QB, but if that LB harrison I believe?? didn't intercept that ball before half-time and take it to the house I think Arizona would have won that game. For fantasy he doesn't put up the numbers for a starting QB in fantasy, but he's reliable. I know he's one of my back-ups lol

who do you guys think is gonna be in the big game this season??

EDIT************* Michael Vick to the Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????

Last edited: