• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official NFL Thread!

Brock Coli

Ladies' Man.
The Bears DID manage a win over the Steelers, so it could be a good game against Arizona. Key word - could. I hope the Bengals pull out a second win over Baltimore; it's nice to see them doing well. I think the Falcons will beat the anonymous team six feet under the NFC East by a good...24 Points. At least.

Patches-Kun

Dawn Patrol
Now . . . the Giants . . . the secondary . . . what has happened?

Well, look at the Giants schedule.

When they were 5-0 a few weeks back, who were the teams they beat? Oakland, Kansas City, Washington, and Tampa Bay. All those teams have losing records, except for their only notable win against the Cowboys. Their combined record going into week 9 is 10-27.

Look at them now, at 5-3. The teams they lost to? The Saints, Cardinals, and Eagles. All have winning records, and their records combined up to this week adds up to 16-5.

I think this is saying something.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
Looks like the Ravens have a rematch with the Bengals this weekend. Anybody think they'll avenge their Week 5 loss?

Possibly. I cant see say who will win but this should be a good game.

And it looks like the (team that must never be mentioned) is playing the Falcons. How bad is that one gonna get?

Lets not talk about that game. I think we all know whats going to happen there.

When they were 5-0 a few weeks back, who were the teams they beat? Oakland, Kansas City, Washington, and Tampa Bay. All those teams have losing records, except for their only notable win against the Cowboys. Their combined record going into week 9 is 10-27.

Look at them now, at 5-3. The teams they lost to? The Saints, Cardinals, and Eagles. All have winning records, and their records combined up to this week adds up to 16-5.

True. I am gonna go out on a limb and say that, I dont think the Giants will make the playoffs this year.

Vernikova

Champion
Hopefully, the Giants can rebound against the Chargers. I would hope that they think that they need this game for their season.

Patches-Kun

Dawn Patrol
Hopefully, the Giants can rebound against the Chargers. I would hope that they think that they need this game for their season.

I personally think they really need to win this game, since if they beat the Chargers, it will be the only other team they beat with a winning record other than the Cowboys.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me

The Cowboys opened up the Giants secondary for these teams.

Technically, if the Cowboys didn't fumble and throw as many interceptions in that game, they would have won BIG time.
Because half the points the Giants got were off of Turnovers.

I don't think the Giants are going to the Playoffs this year.

How about the Broncos though? they got the literal snot knocked out of them, didn't they?

Lord Scalgon

What title?
Well, it's a shame the Giants lost...now they're 5-4.

On the other hand, the 49ers' abominable loss was worse...losing to the inconceivable Titans. An awful loss, if you ask me...and what are the 49ers' fans thinking right now? For some, 'Fire Singletary and gtfo of the 49ers...'

And even worse, the Packers allowed the Bucs' their first win of the season, so I guess I could say my congrats to Bucs' for their hard-earned win. Because of this, there are no more winless teams for this very season (unlike last season)...

Now, as of the time I made this post, all there's left is the Cowboys-Eagles and the Steelers-Broncos game on Monday. I'll just assume that the Monday night game is, in fact, the most hyped game of the week...so yeah.

Well, the Panthers very nearly had a miracle win over the Saints, but they choked at the end, as usual. I had such high hopes after the first half. After Philadelphia, Buffalo, Dallas, and Arizona in the playoffs, I thought Carolina had run out of ways to disappoint their fans. (Although at least Brees/Thomas helped me win in my fantasy league.)

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
I know that the Giants are mad they lost. They had the game and they just gave it back in the last 2 mins of the game. They might still make the playoffs but I think they have to fight for that spot with the Falcons.

charizardfan

It was a pretty depressing day of football for me. First the Ravens lose to the Bengals again, and are now 4-4, then the Giants are beaten by the Chargers and go 5-4, and to top it all off, the Cowboys score a win over the Eagles, my all-time favorite team.

I can accept the fact that the Eagles lost, they played decently for most of the game, but the Giants and the Ravens... what happened?

How bout my titans:)
i'm just glad we finally have some wins! i knew from the third game on we needed vince young in there

oh and did anyone outside of TN catch the titans game?
ever notice how chris johnson twitches his head ALL the time haha.

BigLutz

Banned
Technically, if the Cowboys didn't fumble and throw as many interceptions in that game, they would have won BIG time.
Because half the points the Giants got were off of Turnovers

I pretty much said the exact same thing on here after the Cowboys game while the Giants fans were celebrating. The team just isn't that good, and that first game at Jerryworld was one of the first indicators of that.

That being said a amazing Cowboy win last night, probably the best win they had in the last two years. What a amazing game.

Lord Scalgon

What title?
By the way, did anyone saw what Chad Ochocinco did at the Bengals-Ravens game? In case anyone's missed it:

app10997531257712321.jpg

(Bribery ftl?)

There's a good chance he's gonna get fined for it, but even then, what he did was just...hilarious.

Vernikova

Champion
Lord Scalgon said:
By the way, did anyone saw what Chad Ochocinco did at the Bengals-Ravens game? In case anyone's missed it:

app10997531257712321.jpg

(Bribery ftl?)

There's a good chance he's gonna get fined for it, but even then, what he did was just...hilarious.

That's why I love Ochocinco. He always finds a way to brighten up a moment.

Another bright moment this week was the Buccaneers getting thier first win of the season. This makes sure that no team will go winless so good job for them.

Patches-Kun

Dawn Patrol
I'm glad the Bucs won that game, and they won it wearing what I think are better than their current uniforms. Thought they were never going to bring it back.

Cowboys pulled out a real good win yesterday. The Eagles were able to stay on Miles Austin, but damn, the one catch he does make is the catch that determines the outcome of the game. Who could have believed it?

ZangooseLord

I'm a Chuckster!
Okay, I'm gonna go out on a limb here, folks. I think the Redskins have a decent chance of beating the Broncos this coming Sunday, considering the Broncos' recent nosedive. I'm not necessarily saying that we will win, but since the game's being played at FedExField, and the fact that the 'Skins actually put up some decent points against the Falcons and Eagles recently, I think we have a good chance of winning. As for the Ravens, thankfully, they get a break this week, in the form of the Browns.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
Okay, I'm gonna go out on a limb here, folks. I think the Redskins have a decent chance of beating the Broncos this coming Sunday, considering the Broncos' recent nosedive. I'm not necessarily saying that we will win, but since the game's being played at FedExField, and the fact that the 'Skins actually put up some decent points against the Falcons and Eagles recently, I think we have a good chance of winning.

You got a point, but the Redskins keep digging themselves a whole before they even start to score, and when they do score, they cant score more than 17 pts. They will need at least 24 pts if they want a shot at beating the Broncos IMO.

Vernikova

Champion
Typhlosion Trainer said:
I am not that surprised that the Steelers beat the Broncos. I saw that coming. The Broncos better be careful cause now the Chargers are on their tail.

And just when I thought that the Broncos had this division in the palm of their hand. I don't expect them to lose the the Redskins though since they have a great offense and the Ravens' and Steelers' defense can make most teams look bad.

ZangooseLord

I'm a Chuckster!
And just when I thought that the Broncos had this division in the palm of their hand. I don't expect them to lose the the Redskins though since they have a great offense and the Ravens' and Steelers' defense can make most teams look bad.

Good point. Although, considering that many people thought the Broncos were gonna be among the bottom of the barrel this season (such as Adam Schein from foxsports.com, who thought they would finish 3-13), and that many considered the way they played in the loss to the Ravens to be closer to the abomination that they thought they would be for the entire season (I hope you didn't get confused among all those words), that was my reasoning for what I said earlier. Still, if we don't win, it'll still be relatively close.