• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official NFL Thread!

Big Beluga

u r a fatty
Can someone tell me what is goin on with the Steelers! I mean, come on I love Pittsburgh, but losing 5 in a row and against teams like the Chiefs, Raiders, and the Browns, give me a break.

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
Can someone tell me what is goin on with the Steelers! I mean, come on I love Pittsburgh, but losing 5 in a row and against teams like the Chiefs, Raiders, and the Browns, give me a break.

pretty simple...they suck

ZangooseLord

I'm a Chuckster!
Apparently, this year, the Super Bowl curse applies to the winner instead of the loser.

The Cardinals are even stronger than they were last year, and they are clearly one of the best teams in the NFC at the moment.

The Steelers, on the other hand, seem to be in a nosedive. First, Troy Polamalu has had injury problems off and on all season, and I think something else happened, so now, their season has turned to disaster. Is it still salvageable? Probably not.

Patches-Kun

Dawn Patrol
Honestly, the Cowboys cannot afford to lose their remaining games if they want to clinch the NFC East title this year. THey just seem to break down when it comes to big games.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
Man those Steelers. I have some friends who like the Steelers and they have been mighty quite lately. The steelers are horrible, and all the blame can not go on Troy Palomalu not playing. Their offense suck too. I just dont understand how you can go 6-2 and then lose 5 straight, including the Chiefs, Raiders and Browns. They could only score 6 pts against.....the BROWNS!! The Steelers just look bad right now. Like Hines Ward said, they are only playin for pride cause the chances of them going to the playoffs no pretty much gone.

Vernikova

Champion
I wouldn't worry about the Cowboys since they essentially dominated the game against the Giants. They need to limit those big plays though.

The Browns beat the Steelers though and that's a good thing. This gives the Browns a second win and practically eliminates them from playoff contention.

well about dallas...

vs SD (9-3)
@ NO (we all know what happened to the Jets, Giants, and Pats @ NO)
@ Was (we all know what they almost did to the saints and now they've got a new kicker :p)
vs Phi (this match could potentially decide the devision)

december aint getting any easier...

as for saints and colts

Saints
@ Atl (ryan and turner are likely out redman shouldnt give them a scare like Was)
vs Dal (its at home, and its in december)
vs TB (^)
@ Car (brees says he wants 16 - 0 so if they are 15 - 0 by then (which i think they should be) Car might try to spoil it like the giants almost did to the pats back in 07)

Colts
Vs Den (proably the strongest game but i see them coming out on top)
@ Jac (well considering the average attendance of Jac its essentially another home game for the colts)
Vs NYJ (rookie QB in a possible playoff situation id put my money on manning)
@ Buf (starters will rest but i can still see the 2nd teams winning this one)

so there you go

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Honestly, the Cowboys cannot afford to lose their remaining games if they want to clinch the NFC East title this year. THey just seem to break down when it comes to big games.

TECHNICALLY:

if the Giants, and Eagles lose out (barring that the Giants win today)
They wouldn't have to win out, then the division will come down to the Cowboys-Eagles Game at Cowboys Stadium.

A MUCH better place to play then last years ending game
*surpresses bad memories*

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
I wouldn't worry about the Cowboys since they essentially dominated the game against the Giants. They need to limit those big plays though.

If your a Cowboys fan (to anyone) you should worry because look at their recent history, they do poorly in Dec and they havent won a playoff game in God knows how long. The Giants just started the Cowboys down fall.
Even though they dominated the Giants game, they lost and thats what counts. It doesnt matter if they dominate or not, in the end, they gotta get the W.

TECHNICALLY:

if the Giants, and Eagles lose out (barring that the Giants win today)
They wouldn't have to win out, then the division will come down to the Cowboys-Eagles Game at Cowboys Stadium.

A MUCH better place to play then last years ending game
*surpresses bad memories*

The Giants could lose out but the Eagles definately wont. The Eagles do great in Dec. Look what they did last year, they made a run, got into the playoffs, and made it to the NFC Championship almost making to Super Bowl. I know that was last year but they are a real good team still.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
If your a Cowboys fan (to anyone) you should worry because look at their recent history, they do poorly in Dec and they havent won a playoff game in God knows how long. The Giants just started the Cowboys down fall.
Even though they dominated the Giants game, they lost and thats what counts. It doesnt matter if they dominate or not, in the end, they gotta get the W.

The Giants could lose out but the Eagles definately wont. The Eagles do great in Dec. Look what they did last year, they made a run, got into the playoffs, and made it to the NFC Championship almost making to Super Bowl. I know that was last year but they are a real good team still.

technically, the saints and colts could lose horribly in the next 4-5 games

anything can happen.

The Cowboys SHOULD have won that game, but the Defense played bad.

my favourite is the cowboys

i hope they go to the super bowl

i hate the steelers giants eagles and redskins

but what can i say im a cowboys fan

a big one

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
technically, the saints and colts could lose horribly in the next 4-5 games

anything can happen.

Yeah they can but I was not talking about them. I was just sayin that the Cowboys and Eagles have shown before how they normally play in Dec. I know anything can happen but it just looks like they will repeat themselves again.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
The way that they played against the Giants leads me to believe that they aren't beating the Saints. They dominated the game against the Giants and still lost it in the end. And we all know that the Saints do their best in 4th Quater pressure situations if they don't get a strong start in the begining. Just look at the Pats game they played. Saints played on top the whole game and Brady never stood a chance. Same thing is going to happen to Romo. Saints will dominate in the start and finish them off in the end.

My Saints goin 16-0!

Who dat?...Who dat said they beat dem Saints?!

Big Beluga

u r a fatty
The Saints have a way better chance than the Colts at going 16-0. After the Cowboys and maybe the Falcons game(which they should win), the Saints have 2 teams that pretty much won't have a chance to end their streak. The Colts have about the same difficulty for the remaining schedule with there only really potential losses being against the Broncos and the Jets, but I don't think Mark Sanchez will be able to pull through for them. The only real difference is that the Colts tend to rest their players at the end of the season, where as it looks like the saints want the momentum of 16-0 heading into the playoffs

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
The Saints have a way better chance than the Colts at going 16-0. After the Cowboys and maybe the Falcons game(which they should win), the Saints have 2 teams that pretty much won't have a chance to end their streak. The Colts have about the same difficulty for the remaining schedule with there only really potential losses being against the Broncos and the Jets, but I don't think Mark Sanchez will be able to pull through for them. The only real difference is that the Colts tend to rest their players at the end of the season, where as it looks like the saints want the momentum of 16-0 heading into the playoffs

Colts won't go 16-0, i know that.

I'm also predicting that the Saints won't either.
They'll probably do the same thing like the Colts do every year, rest thier players after they've cliched home field adv.

Some good footballs on today, and i'm doing yard work :D

EDIT:
(HEAVY UNNESSECARY CURSING)
(MORE OF THE SAME)
(**** MY LIFE)

******* it!
THE COWBOYS BLEW IT AGIAN
(MORE CURSING)

Last edited:

Sasarai

Bishop
Patriots get a win with a lot of thanks to a roughing the kicker call which I really hated, I don't like the rule itself but meh, bad calls go both ways I guess. That "pass interference" at the end of the Indy Game was awful so maybe it's just karma

Randy Moss was looking like Oakland Moss out there, he just didn't try and you have to figure it was because of the incident on Wednesday.

Dragonite14

This should be the Steelers best year in a long time. They have great receivers, and great running back, great quarter back, and nearly the same #1 defense they've had for years. They could, and should be undefeated. But for some reason, they just can finish games. One problem they have, which makes no sense at all, is they play on the level of their opponents. They play a good team, they'll do good. They play a bad team, they'll do bad. It's very strange, especially since it's the same guys playing every week.

If I could make some changes, this is what I'd do:

1. Fire Bruce Arians. He goes for long yardage in short yardage situations, and short yardage in long yardage situations. When Big Ben goes no huddle and he's calling the plays, they drive right down the field.

2. Invest in an offensive line. They just can't block as well as they should. It's a shame because Ben could be doing a lot better and be more healthly if he wasn't being sacked so much.

3. Get rid of Gay. Teams target him way too much and make success.

4. Either motivate the defense or make practice hell. They need to learn to play 60 minutes of football and not let so many 4th quarter comebacks.

I'm not too concerned about this season. I didn't care how well they did, just as long as they didn't suck so much. I'm fine with winning a Super Bowl every few years. It's a lot better than a team like the Browns who haven't won a play off game since 1992 or 94. If they take care of these problems in the offseason, they will be a force to be reckoned with next season.

For this season, I'm hoping for Chargers vs. Eagles Superbowl. Somewhat unlikely, but it'd be nice.

ZangooseLord

I'm a Chuckster!
Wow, I think this is the first year with two or more teams still undefeated halfway through December. Speaking of December, it continues to be a blessing to the Chargers and a curse for the Cowboys.

How 'bout them Redskins and Ravens? If it wasn't for various stupid errors, both teams would still be viable playoff contenders. Still, considering the Steelers' downslope, the prospect is still sunny for the Ravens. Anyway, I'm glad both teams won today, BY A COMBINED MARGIN OF 82-16! Sure, it was against the Raiders and Lions, but who cares?

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
Man, them Cowboys are going the wrong way right now (like I thought they would). They dropped from 1st in the divsion and the #3 seed to 2nd in the division and the #6 wild card seed (since the Eagles just beat the Giants 45-38). I bet they go 8-8 by the end of the year .

I feel happy for the Redskins because they been playing real hard and should be 7-6 right now, but at least they got a W and keep getting better.

Colts won't go 16-0, i know that.

I'm also predicting that the Saints won't either.
They'll probably do the same thing like the Colts do every year, rest thier players after they've cliched home field adv.

Some good footballs on today, and i'm doing yard work :D

EDIT:
(HEAVY UNNESSECARY CURSING)
(MORE OF THE SAME)
(**** MY LIFE)

******* it!
THE COWBOYS BLEW IT AGIAN
(MORE CURSING)

Well you never know. The Colts might not go undefeated if they rest their starters which they will more than likely do, but the Saints wont. It's already been said that the Saints are going to try for 16-0. They pretty much have no choice because the Vikings can sneak up on them, so unless the Vikings lose another game which I doubt, the Saints could rest their starters against the Bucs. Man, even if they do rest them against the Bucs they would still win lol