• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Nintendo Wii Thread

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
Once again, Nintendo's controller sucks... for fighting games. Every other game it looks like it'll be great!

This could be pretty easy on our wallets. Remember when your Gamecube/N64 joysticks wore out, and you'd go out and buy another controller? When that happens on the Rev controllers, all we need to do is buy 1/2 of a controller.

Last edited:

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Once again, Nintendo's controller sucks... for fighting games. Every other game it looks like it'll be great!

This could be pretty easy on our wallets. Remember when your Gamecube/N64 joysticks wore out, and you'd go out and buy another controller? When that happens on the Rev controllers, all we need to do is buy 1/2 of a controller.
Actually we can use two controllers at once to do certain things. Like IGN said that a punchout game would work well with 2 controllers being used at once. It was shown in the controller promotion at Iwata's speach. Some guy was using two controllers to play virtual drums. The two controllers being the sticks.
Also I have some news from 1up.com.
One of the reasons people looked upon the GameCube's launch as peculiar was the lack of a Mario title accompanying its launch. No, Luigi's Mansion doesn't count; Super Mario Sunshine didn't arrive till much later, removing much of its possible impact on the hardware's arrival.
That won't be the case with Revolution, though; Miyamoto's already confirmed to German newspaper Spiegal Online (thanks to GAF for the translation) the game's in development, and recent comments from Nintendo president Satoru Iwata only underscore this suspicions. Iwata won't talk about the game, but does say that Revolution needs a Mario game at launch.

We agree, but we're also wondering what's up with third parties and Revolution. Most companies have been developing their next-generation videogames with a traditional platform in mind. How do those games fit into the mix? Actually, Iwata doesn't foresee too much of a problem.

Nintendo has already been talking with key third party publishers about Revolution, and they're aware of the controller's unique possibilities. Iwata says most developers are interested in coming up with unique ideas for the machine that should fundamentally change even the simplest of ports.

Revolution's shaping up to be a genuinely strange and interesting piece of next-generation hardware. Keep watching 1UP for more.

scythian_reaper

EXC355UM DOMU5
Has anyone heard the rumors, that the revolution will project images, so you could sort of be in the game...........it's hard to explain it, they said it would something like this............

http://rapidshare.de/files/7164850/Gorillaz_at_MTV_Music_Awards.mp4.html

It's a video of the gorillaz at the mtv music awards, they were peforming as holograms, they look amazing.
This is what alot of people think the revolution secert is.
Remember Miyamoto said this on IGN......He was asked what he thought the future of videogames...He said "I've always wanted to have a custom-sized screen that wasn't the typical four-conered cathode-ray-tube TV. I've always thought that games would eventually break free of the confines of a TV screen to fill an entire room. But I would rather not say anything more about that."

I guess will just wait and see.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
It's a technology where parents set a password and parental settings on the Revolution and the game disc when inserted transmits the rating and the revolution either grants permission to play or asks for the password to play the game. So that if an older person wants to play a certain game they can enter the password and not be held back. For the sake of a source to back up my claim look at ign.com.

pika_power

Normal Coordinator
Has sonic next been confirmed for the rev? I dont want to be stuck with a 360 if I want sonic.

Bulk

Ah well, I think 2 - 3 times more powerful than the GC is great. The GC's graphics weren't exactly bad and the numbers Sony and Microsoft where throwing out at E3 were a load of grap if you ask me. I think the statergy Nintendo's going for is great. A cheap, afordable console with loads of great titles and a new way to play games. I'm all for it.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Pfft, I knew that was gonna happen eventually. Sega said that a couple a months ago it was a huge possibility that we would see classic Sega games up for download for the Revolution. I think thats pretty damn awesome myself!

~Scott;229;

Bulk

Groovy is the term I would use. Yes, groovy indeed.

A

April

I really want the Revolution now! ^^
I wonder how Super Smash Bros. on Revolution will be like! *Drools.*

poke_life

Banned
I think that the Nintenso revolutions controller looks really cool.

Many people critisis it just becasue it looks weird, but no one here has even tried it yet, so NO CRITISISM!! :p

W

WinterSnowblind

It still seems to much like the Eyetoy for me. Sure, it's going to be a lot of fun playing the games, especially with friends round, but it's not exactly something I want to be doing ALL the time in games. I don't doubt that it's going to be fun at all, but it doesn't really seem like it's going to compete against the PS3 or 360 in anyway. It'll be fun to pull out every now and again..

But to be fair, we really haven't seen enough it to judge it just yet. The biggest draw to the console seems to be the old games you can download and play on it. You guys know that Microsoft already did this with the Xbox arcade service? :p (Okay, nothing on the level of Sonic or anything yet, but just wait for Banjo Kazoie and the original Perfect Dark ;)) Playing all the old Mario games, etc again will be great, but it doesn't really seem like a reason to buy a new console, and there is no chance in HELL that downloading those games will be free.

So yeah.. it might be too early to judge it so harsly, but it's also too early to start making out like it's the second coming of Jesus.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bman14

does anyone know if revolution will be able to hook up to gba? if it doesnt, how will we be able to play colossium on it?

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
bman14 said:
does anyone know if revolution will be able to hook up to gba? if it doesnt, how will we be able to play colossium on it?
Yes. The pictures have been shown again and again... there are 4 real Gamecube controller ports, as well as memory card slots, inside a hatch that opens up on the side of it.

B

bman14

anyone know when revolution will be released around? i heard it was around november but not sure...

A

akua

Ok what i dont get is serebii said this him/herself that you will be able to trade your hard trained pokemon... HOW!? there is no port on the ds unless.. a accessory which plugs in GC NR GBA which corresponds with the DS wireless feature can anybody work this out im LOST! BTW Ninty revo will pwn ps3 and xbox360 the war is coming to a close and nintys winning IMO!

Paradox

Irate Pirate
akua said:
Ok what i dont get is serebii said this him/herself that you will be able to trade your hard trained pokemon... HOW!? there is no port on the ds unless.. a accessory which plugs in GC NR GBA which corresponds with the DS wireless feature can anybody work this out im LOST! BTW Ninty revo will pwn ps3 and xbox360 the war is coming to a close and nintys winning IMO!
If you mean to the Revo it will use the WiFi

Shining Milotic

Marsh Trainer
I'm a little confused... so the revolution will be able to play old games (like N64), but will it improve their graphics, or is just gonna be the same game on a different console deal.

Paradox

Irate Pirate
Nintendo have said that they may tweak (Possibly graphically) a few games but don't expect a massive overhaul