• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Nintendo Wii Thread

BCVM22

Hello and welcome to my Thread, I discover a different way to
Trade Shinies...for WiiPoints.Looking for Shinies and dont have
anything good to Trade,well dont worried all you need is "500WiiPoints"
for one of my Shinies.

Here is My LegitShinies InStock:
1.ShinyGiratina
2.ShinyRegigigas
3.ShinyRayquaza
4.ShinyGroudon
5.ShinyLatios

REMINDER: Make sure you have a few WiiPoints for example,you want a
Shiny I have and that means you have to have 500WiiPoints in your
WiiPoints in your WiiPointsCard left,I dont want to that stupid thing
and steal all your WiiPoints.

ALSO,if I dont Trade you the ShinyPokemon than you can report me to the
ADM or whoever in th Forums to suspend me,now that sounds fair and
something I dont want.

PM ME IF YOU WANT TO TRADE!!
IAM ALSO THRUSTWORTHY IN DOING THIS!!

I find your ideas fascinating and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Cor

um, and stuff
Okay so I got my Wii. So far I have Wii Sports-Play(Came with System) . And I am wondering what games to get. P.S do not say TZOL:TP or Super Paper Mario(My school end present)

Emblematic

Lurking...
Okay so I got my Wii. So far I have Wii Sports-Play(Came with System) . And I am wondering what games to get. P.S do not say TZOL:TP or Super Paper Mario(My school end present)

Sonic and the secret rings is okay if you are really patient and really persistant. (plus you better change the voice acting to japanese with English subtitles)
Trauma center is good aswell, I don't know why people kept saying the nurse's were annoying. They don't speak!

darksteelix

Zer0 pwns you
i got a question about wii shop. i got a point card and i tried connecting to my usb connecter and nothing happens. it just says connecting please wait. I left it on for hours and nothing happens. Thing is i can get on whether and news channel without any problem at all. please help.

Cenodoxus

SMILE.LIKEYOUMEANIT
Someone please answer. Are Wii controllers region-locked? I have a Japanese Wii and a US remote. The remote lights up when I press the Sync button, but doesn´t seem to catch the Wii´s signal or whichever technical term may be appropriate at the moment. Point is that I can´t use it.

However, I did buy the remote in about December and left it gathering dust until today. It used to light up when I pressed any button, but now only the Sync button does this. The first and second lights are the ones that light up.

Cor

um, and stuff
I have an idea for the Stadium games to come on VC.

Since the whole point was to use your GB games (R,B etc.) they could sell three different ones. Here's the twist, included in the Doduo/Dodrio Tower are either R/B/Y for PS1 and G/S/C for the other. It could also read the file like you had a transfer pack or something.

Deoxys911

SSBB: 5069-4586-5573
Nintendo just released an update for the Wii. The update is for the Wii Menu and Shop Channel. Now the most recent wheather and news updates are displayed on the Wii Menu and new search options are available for the Shop Channel.
EDIT: Other updates not mentioned in the letter from Nintendo include a digital clock now being displayed on the Wii Menu, the "Today's Accomplishments" play history letter now being white, days you got mail are now marked with yellow envelopes, and what the Disk Channel shows on it's display when no disk is inserted is now a spinning disk.

Last edited:

wcgold

I think I might be missing out something on my Wii. Here are my channels:

Game - Mii - Photos - Shop
Forecast - News - Internet - Everybody Votes
Blank - Metroid Prime 3 Preview - Blank - Blank

Any particular reason why the Metroid Prime 3 Preview skips a "screen" after Everybody Votes?

BCVM22

I think I might be missing out something on my Wii. Here are my channels:

Game - Mii - Photos - Shop
Forecast - News - Internet - Everybody Votes
Blank - Metroid Prime 3 Preview - Blank - Blank

Any particular reason why the Metroid Prime 3 Preview skips a "screen" after Everybody Votes?

You realize that except for the Disc Channel, you can move each Channel manually, right?

AerialAce!

Inconceivable!
You realize that except for the Disc Channel, you can move each Channel manually, right?

Very true. Just hold A and B at the same time, and drag it to the blank space, to kill the awkward emptiness. Or by a Virtual Console game. Either way.

Does anyone else see the Metroid channel to be pointless? I would love for them to give us a generic Preview Channel, then update it with Metroid, and new games every once in a while, but a whole channel for one game is ridiculous...

MaplePhanpy

Anywayz...
I have a something to ask:
with how much controlers does the wii come with? do they come with nonchucks?, if they do, with how many?

Smile Guy

Keep Smiling...
A Wii comes with one Wii controller and one Nunchuck.

It is definitely worth buying another Wii controller or two but a second nunchuck is thus far (in my experience) not necessary. Very few two-player games have had a Wii controller and nunchuck set-up (except FPS I presume). It would also be worth buying a Classic controller for Virtual console games as some VC are unplayable with the Gamecube/Wiimote controller because the buttons have been mapped out badly (most notably Super Mario World).

And seriously, where is Thunder Child? He hasn't been around for yonks.