• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokédex 3D Discussion Thread & Image Gallery

Will You Download this 'Game'?

• Yes, Definitely!

Votes: 240 84.2%
  • Maybe, Depends what else is revealed.

Votes: 25 8.8%
  • No, I'm not really interested...

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • No Way. It's a stupid idea.

Votes: 10 3.5%

• Total voters

aclover

VICTORiOUS
The Official Pokédex 3D Discussion Thread & Image Gallery

POKEDEX3D.png
yes, The time has come... For pokémon to step into the 3rd Dimension!
This little 'game' will be released for the 3DS Store, and is Free.
You can Collect QR Codes (which you can collect via the camera) and collect more information or pokédex entries for Diffrent Pokémon!
at this moment only Unova Pokémon are revealed, and I'm not sure if other region pokemon are available.

POKÉDEX 3D features:
- Full 3D models of Pokémon
- B/W Pokédex Entries
- Stats
- Typings of the pokémon
- Level up Moves
- Evolutions
- Abilities
- Egg Groups
- the ability to scan QR codes and collect more Pokémon!

Compilation of ALL QR's
Pokedex_3D_QR_Codes.png

News:
1/6/11: application announced (through Nintendo World Report), Axew, Emolga, Hydreigon, Oshawott, Snivy and Tepig are Confirmed. availiable on the 3DS Shop.
Level-up Moves, Stats and Genders are also Confirmed. Release Date, and Price (free!) are revealed. (6th June for US. 7th For EU/UK)

2/6/11: Official Site updated, Showing the 3 Unova Starters.

3/6/11: More Clarity on The release date - Europe DO get ti at the same time as the US, confusuion was caused by timezones. You will need an AR MARKER tom make the pokemon appear in the real world, accourtding to a source, nintendo plan to distribute the markers somehow, but the source just printed a piece of paper with a marker/icon on.

6-7/6/11: Release time! Update your system for an update for the shop and the Internet browser

Discuss Guys!

Last edited:

Jigglypuff5000

Pretty damn sweet.

I hope they update it [no fee] with all 649 pokemon eventually though!

I wonder what QR codes I'll have to scan to add pokemon to it though [seeing as I've never SpotPassed with anyone]...

... Perhaps this will be connectable to the inevitable Wii Stadium game as well [why else would these 3D models have been created]?

Last edited:

aclover

VICTORiOUS
IKR!
I should think they would, or just Like scan a code which unlocks the national Pokédex. :3
I should think they would have animated models, Posibly desplaying a signature move/ability/pose - Like tepig sneezing paprika or snivy's leaf tornado...

is this the new game that were supposed to get news of
Most Likely, yes.

~Light

Sounds kinda lame

Basically it's just a Pokedex with 3D images, don't see the point of it !

I'm glad it isn't a full game they're releasing for 3DS :)

Mister_SGG

I still don't have a 3DS, and I probably won't buy one at least until next year. Free or not, I ain't goin' out to buy something for $250 just to have a 3D Pokedex. When a main series game for 3DS comes out, I'll buy a damn 3DS.

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
I'll do this, this is due. This is a copy-paste from the old thread that I made, but got overwritten by aclover when he noticed it and wanted all the fame. So here goes:

Welcome to the thread with all about Pokedex 3D! Here we will give newsflashes for 6 days, then We'll post the QR's!

None yet, wait 6 days!

That's it! Discuss!

ORIGINAL thread is here. Just because it's official doesn't mean it's the first.

So please post in the original, instead of the new one. And mods, you can check this got posted about an hour before this was posted. You can move it., but this shouldn't be the official.

garchompkid

is this the new game that were supposed to get news of

for some reason i dought it........................ maybe it is because it is a pokedex so you can use it with the new 3ds game

also use the old thread it was there first!

Grei

not the color
I'm sad that this is likely the game we were hearing about, but I'm happy about this anyway. Now I see why Pokedex apps were removed from the market due to copyright stuff--because of this thing.

Also, Pokedexs are insanely useful, and this one's official. That's pretty awesome.

garchompkid

i say it again, it probably isn't the next pokemon 3ds game it is probably detracting for the attention so corocoro talks about it instead, and then we don't talk about grey or watever it is that is realy the 3ds game

ParaChomp

be your own guru
As long as I keep using Serebii, it doesn't interest me the slightest. None the less, for a free download, it doesn't bug me. At least it isn't like Pokemon Ranch. The 3D models look amazing and hopefully the 3D effect is good (unlike what most critics have said it is for most 3DS games).

Jigglypuff5000

I just thought, it's kinda a shame that this doesn't sync with the B/W cart's Pokedex in our 3DS system. That'd have been sweet...

Wardek

U & I
I'm gonna try the app on my Brother's 3DS when it release. It's gonna save me from going to Serebii+Bulbapedia trying to find the correct Egg groups + egg moves. >__<

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
PLEASE POST IN THE ORIGINAL!

I'll do this, this is due. This is a copy-paste from the old thread that I made, but got overwritten by aclover when he noticed it and wanted all the fame. So here goes:

Welcome to the thread with all about Pokedex 3D! Here we will give newsflashes for 6 days, then We'll post the QR's!

None yet, wait 6 days!

That's it! Discuss!

ORIGINAL thread is here. Just because it's official doesn't mean it's the first.

So please post in the original, instead of the new one. And mods, you can check this got posted about an hour before this was posted. You can move it., but this shouldn't be the official.

DarkGengar

Ghost Reaper
I'm slightly disappointed with only 150 pokemon, but Nintendo will probably address this issue in the near future.

Definitely going to use it.

ForeverFlame

Looks really stupid.

The best part about this game is the fact that the 3DS can render some beautiful Pokemon models. It gives me hope for a handheld 3D Pokemon RPG.

paulfalcon

I have a 3DS already, it's free, and allows for some cool pictures over AR? Count me in. ^.^

Ooo, Street Pass and Spot Pass capabilities. I want eet! XD

Last edited:

azurimon

► A ▼ x2
Ohh wow, this is neat, and I'm really happy that it's free as well. Can't wait to scan all those QR codes for more Pokemon~

edit;
Are we able to see the base stats in numbers? I checked the screenshot for Hydreigon's and I only see bars..

Last edited: