• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokédex 3D Discussion Thread & Image Gallery

Will You Download this 'Game'?

• Yes, Definitely!

Votes: 240 84.2%
  • Maybe, Depends what else is revealed.

Votes: 25 8.8%
  • No, I'm not really interested...

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • No Way. It's a stupid idea.

Votes: 10 3.5%

• Total voters

Aegon

Is it possible to get Reshiram or Zekrom yet/ I know the muskateer trio are considering I have Terrakion.
All Pokémon are available, save for the final three Pokémon, which haven't been officially revealed (Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect). Here's an image with all Pokémon (not mine).

I'm being stupid (again), but how do you get the Poké Ball designs for AR to work?

EDIT: Another query: SpotPass is not working for me. :| I close my 3DS, to put it in Sleep Mode, and that's it, right?

Last edited:

charmizard

tumblr_lmf3eiRBPQ1qb3y5eo1_400.gif
This blew my mind yesterday.

Today I got Vanilluxe, Timburr and Yamask but I want them all so I might try cutting out bits of paper since I don't have a printer.

How are you actually supposed to get them though? You can see their pixel code thing when you unlock them but you can't save that file or anything so what's the point in it being there? Do they expect you to draw your own or something?

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I got all of my Unova team in my dex (save Reshiram) as of today. Very impressed with all of them. Lilligant is too cute, and Unfezant is a-lot better looking than I thought it would <3 The Shelmet & Petilil that I got today are pretty well designed too.

How are you actually supposed to get them though? You can see their pixel code thing when you unlock them but you can't save that file or anything so what's the point in it being there? Do they expect you to draw your own or something?
Having their AR marker increases the chance of you getting them through SpotPass

..And I was blown away by that Samurott animation as well @-@

Last edited:

Aegon

Having their AR marker increases the chance of you getting them through SpotPass
I think charmizard was asking a question similar to my first; how do you actually get the Poké Ball designs to make use of AR?

EDIT: Oh, you just use the QR code; copy them using photo-editing software and then print them. I see. But I still can't get SpotPass to work, so I can't download three new Pokémon.

Last edited:

JamWiy

One new Pokemon was added to my dex and it's Meinfoo.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
You only get one at once, but you should get a new pokemon multiple times a day.

I've been using this more then my brother, despite it being his 3DS.

Zekrom used Thunder!
HNI_0068.jpg

It's super effective.
HNI_0069.jpg

Me and Samurott sword fight:
HNI_0070.jpg

Reshiram sets my house on fire.
HNI_0073.jpg

The beginning of my database of AR cards
HNI_0075.jpg

The dangers of not recycling
HNI_0077.jpg

Reuniclus is awesome!
HNI_0078.jpg

Oh, and if you want a really big AR card but don't want to print out multiple, make a blank one out of black card and white card, and make squares out of black card. Arrange them to fit and you have a customisable giant ar card. The 3DS will recognise it even if it's a bit sloppy.

The majority of these models are amazing, but gigalith is just crap.

Last edited:

Blazios

If you only got one Pokémon, exit the game and go back on and you'll get another. Then do the same thing again and you'll get a third.

I got Basculin Blue Stripe, Tirtouga and Purrloin, BTW. Tirtouga's animation is pretty boring, though I like Basculin and Purrloin's is deceptively cute, just like it.

Berrykit

You only get one at once, but you should get a new pokemon multiple times a day.

I've been using this more then my brother, despite it being his 3DS.

Oh, and if you want a really big AR card but don't want to print out multiple, make a blank one out of black card and white card, and make squares out of black card. Arrange them to fit and you have a customisable giant ar card. The 3DS will recognise it even if it's a bit sloppy.

The majority of these models are amazing, but gigalith is just crap.

Also, if you don't want to print at all, you can just draw out the AR marker :D
I used graph paper, and tested it out using a black marker, and it worked (sorry if this has already been said, I can't read all of the posts...) I made 6 different sizes of Cinccino :p

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
114 pokemon in my pokedex! So close to completing it! Then, its time to start creating big pictures with AR!

Black&White

Can somebody please tell me how to spotpass? I just started the game today and I'd like to add new Pokemon. I leave it in sleep mode but nothing happens.

Kinarki

You can only get 151 of each of the AR Stickers and photo stickers. The monkey trio, m/f Unfezant, Frillish/Jellicent, and the seasonal Deerlings/Swasbucks are all random per account. Currently you'll have to find people in your local area to complete the other 13 left in your Pokedex.

As for the AR cards I just put them on my phone. I know some people are working on apps for Apple and Android. Currently there is one on Android, but it just randomizes through possible designs. Seems like a quick buck scheme.

Last edited:

Tekka

Daemon Hunter
EDIT: Another query: SpotPass is not working for me. :| I close my 3DS, to put it in Sleep Mode, and that's it, right?

I'm having the same problem. The 3DS was left in standby all night and all morning with the internet connection correctly set up and active. But still nothing happens. I've tried setting up connections with WEP, WPA, and even an unsecured connection, but nothing makes a difference.

The 3DS will connect to my router or any other wifi hotspot for a few brief seconds every once in a while but does nothing and promptly disconnects.

It boggles my mind that some people have managed to complete their Pokedexes already and I still have yet to receive my very first Spotpass.

Nintendo are sadly silent on the matter as well.

Kinarki

Set your system a day forward. It didn't work for me the first day, but when I set the date forward it started working fine.

Got this from a 3DS forum.

1. Go to Settings, and set the time to 23:59. You don't have to change the date, just make sure you've never been to the next day. (ie: for coin shaking)
2. Open up Pokedex 3D while the time is still 23:59 and hit the home button.
3. Wait until 0:00 and hit the home button to resume the app, accept the update.
4. Press the home button twice, accept the second update.
5. Press the home button twice, accept the third update.
6. Repeat from step one.

If the update doesn't appear, try pausing the app and resuming it. The SpotPass data can require time to download.

Last edited:

Aegon

My 3DS is connected to the Internet, and always has been. I close my 3DS to put it in Sleep Mode, but nothing happens. And Kinarki, this is my second day with the game. I tried yesterday and today.

Kinarki

I understand, I got it Monday night and I couldn't get anything Tuesday. That's all I'm saying. There seems to be a bug with certain people that can't get any spotpass pokemon within the first 24 hours.

Last edited:

Tekka

Daemon Hunter
just make sure you've never been to the next day

This is it. God.

When I first got my system I put the date in backwards by mistake so all the dates up to the 5th of July were marked as "used". Thank you, now I've got this working by moving to next month.

Kinarki

Glad it worked for you.

[spoil]One of the unlocks is being able to scale the size of the Pokemon in the AR viewer. They get fairly large. Reshiram was maybe a foot tall off the small AR from my phone.[/spoil]

Last edited: