• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokédex 3D Discussion Thread & Image Gallery

Will You Download this 'Game'?

• Yes, Definitely!

Votes: 240 84.2%
  • Maybe, Depends what else is revealed.

Votes: 25 8.8%
  • No, I'm not really interested...

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • No Way. It's a stupid idea.

Votes: 10 3.5%

• Total voters

Asrialys

Sorry about earlier. Now I feel silly. Seriously though, I know I read it somewhere :/

Besides, as someone who likes looking at the Activity Log, I'd never touch the date and time settings unless it was for daylight savings.

By the way, to get the Pause button, you must receive the Pokemon from another player, even if you already have that Pokemon. Too bad we can't seem to pause through the AR Viewer, unless that's another unlockable...

Anyway, a 13x13 (inches) black square will get the Pokemon pretty close to scale (might be short by an inch or so). However, you must have Actual Mode on and have the slider all the way to the right. My tests were based on Snivy. Although, now that I think about it, I should have chosen a more upright Pokemon, as Snivy has that tail. Hope that two feet was measured from its feet. Hm...might have to do the measurements again. Maybe with Scraggy...

Litwick
Snivy (still can't believe that it's two feet tall...)
Serperior
Emboar
Samurott
Scraggy
Victini
Sewaddle

That wooden stand behind the Pokemon is two feet tall, by the way.

Last edited:

Kelz

More saving. More doing.™
So when the AR Scale settings is set to 'Standerd Size' the Pokemon will not be its actual size, right (Snivy- 2'00", Volcarna- 5'03")? I'm guessing not, because a 9'06" Zekrom wouldn't work, I just wanna confirm this. Acording to a few calculations I made, to have a 1'04" Victini, Victini's actual size, you would have to have an AR marker that it 331/3" x 331/3", wich is huge. And that's for a tiny Victini.
Sorry about earlier. Now I feel silly. Seriously though, I know I read it somewhere :/

Besides, as someone who likes looking at the Activity Log, I'd never touch the date and time settings unless it was for daylight savings.

By the way, to get the Pause button, you must receive the Pokemon from another player, even if you already have that Pokemon. Too bad we can't seem to pause through the AR Viewer, unless that's another unlockable...

Anyway, a 13x13 (inches) black square will get the Pokemon pretty close to scale (might be short by an inch or so). However, you must have Actual Mode on and have the slider all the way to the right. My tests were based on Snivy. Although, now that I think about it, I should have chosen a more upright Pokemon, as Snivy has that tail. Hope that two feet was measured from its feet. Hm...might have to do the measurements again. Maybe with Oshawott...

Litwick
Snivy (still can't believe that it's two feet tall...)
Serperior
Emboar
Samurott
Scraggy
Victini
Sewaddle

That wooden stand behind the Pokemon is two feet tall, by the way.

edit: So this is when the Scale was set to actual? 'Cause 13" x 13" Is much eaiser to get then 33 x 33.

Last edited:

Asrialys

So when the AR Scale settings is set to 'Standerd Size' the Pokemon will not be its actual size, right (Snivy- 2'00", Volcarna- 5'03")? I'm guessing not, because a 9'06" Zekrom wouldn't work, I just wanna confirm this. Acording to a few calculations I made, to have a 1'04" Victini, Victini's actual size, you would have to have an AR marker that it 331/3" x 331/3", wich is huge. And that's for a tiny Victini.

edit: So this is when the Scale was set to actual? 'Cause 13" x 13" Is much eaiser to get then 33 x 33.
Yes, turn Actual Mode on and put the slider all the way to the right. It'll become three times larger than the default. This will allow you to make significantly smaller AR Markers.

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
Which slide? And how to get actual mode? Also, I'm not seemiong to get any spotpass pokes, but I NEVER mess with my date, unless I need to turn on/off DST. Why is this?

Asrialys

Which slide? And how to get actual mode? Also, I'm not seemiong to get any spotpass pokes, but I NEVER mess with my date, unless I need to turn on/off DST. Why is this?
You get Actual Mode once you get 100 total stickers between AR Stickers and Photo Stickers. You get the option to switch between Model Mode and Actual Mode, and there's a slider to alter the size of the Pokemon.

It seems to be random when you get Pokemon. I haven't gotten mine today, while someone I know got theirs already, and they're on the east coast of the US, while I'm on the west. For the first two days, I got mine in the evening and got yesterday's in the afternoon. Just be patient and leave your 3DS on and look for the dot to show up on the Pokedex 3D icon on your Home Menu.

Asrialys

Gosh, where's my yardstick when I need it...

Anyway, I realized that I could have just taped my Marker to my white wall. So 13"x13" is pretty accurate now that I got a better view.

So, is Serperior the right size? Because it doesn't look ten feet tall to me.

Or is the height measurement for serpentine Pokémon really length?
Seems to be that way. Plus, serpentine Pokemon can pretty much control how high above or low to the ground they can be.

Icay4321

Just got my downloads for the day: Deerling, Petilil, and Tranquill.-_-" Kinda boring. I DID however get to my 70 sticker mark, and I finished my second Evolutionary Line: Deerling.

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
My first download today... Zebstrika! It completes my fist evo line (except the starters and Hydreigon's, as Hydreigon was a starter)

Skater Trainer

Like a Boss
So I'm confused how to "advance” how do you get an ar card for the pokedex, download more, etc. I'm confused, some help would be fantastic

Toge Tamer

<- First Radar Shiny
I wish the quality of the 3DS camera was better. Then maybe these AR photos wouldn't look too out of place. :p

Tip: If you have a digital camera, put the SD card from the 3Ds into it and take photos from that for better quality photos. I haven't tried this, but I'm pretty sure it won't mess up the folders in the SD card in anyway. Then you can just use the background feature to place the Pokemon in.

Rentaline99

who ya gonna call?
Tip: If you have a digital camera, put the SD card from the 3Ds into it and take photos from that for better quality photos. I haven't tried this, but I'm pretty sure it won't mess up the folders in the SD card in anyway. Then you can just use the background feature to place the Pokemon in.

Brilliant idea! I just need to dig out my old camera.

Blazios

So from what I can tell, the only inaccessible Pokémon so far are Pansage, Simisage, Pansear, Simisear, Unfezant (male) Deerling and Sawsbuck (Summer, Autumn and Winter forms), Frillish and Jellicent (male) and the event legendaries. Anyone seen any of them so far (except for the obvious events)?

Icay4321

So from what I can tell, the only inaccessible Pokémon so far are Pansage, Simisage, Pansear, Simisear, Unfezant (male) Deerling and Sawsbuck (Summer, Autumn and Winter forms), Frillish and Jellicent (male) and the event legendaries. Anyone seen any of them so far (except for the obvious events)?

You only get one of the Monkey Lines by Spot Pass, and one of the Forms for every other Pokemon who has them. For example, I have Simisear, though you can't get it by SpotPass. Similarly, I have both Deerling and Sawsbuck in their Summer Forms. You can get the others by trading data locally with another person.

Last edited:

Blazios

You only get one of the Monkey Lines by Spot Pass, and one of the Forms for every other Pokemon who has them. For example, I have Simisear, though you can't get it by SpotPass. Similarly, I have both Deerling and Sawsbuck in their Summer Forms. You can get the others by trading data locally with another person.

Wait, so you need at least three other people with the game to complete it?

Ah well, here's hoping someone at an event has them before Genesect is released in 3 years...

Icay4321

Wait, so you need at least three other people with the game to complete it?

Ah well, here's hoping someone at an event has them before Genesect is released in 3 years...

All hope is not yet lost. They may make them available in an Update at a future date, but after people have had a chance to do it the way they originally intended.

I have an I pad I'm on it now, saved that pic or the markers and put the game on it and got ton of new pokemon, I like my new reshiram,zecrom and victini :D

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
First image of Smash Bros 3DS :p

smash.jpg