• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokédex 3D Discussion Thread & Image Gallery

Will You Download this 'Game'?

• Yes, Definitely!

Votes: 240 84.2%
  • Maybe, Depends what else is revealed.

Votes: 25 8.8%
  • No, I'm not really interested...

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • No Way. It's a stupid idea.

Votes: 10 3.5%

• Total voters

aclover

VICTORiOUS
I prusume we can use The AR cards and take photos!I want to see a Big, Humongus beartic at the North Pole! and a little Joltik in my hand! :3 or Klink at a Car Factory :D [plans an around the world trip]

EDIT1: added a QR codes section, will add some a soon as they are released!
EDIT2: made a news section! PMVM/ Poste here if you want me to update either of them!

Last edited:

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
You know this giant mii they made? This one:
AR-3DS-giant-mii.jpg

Wouldn't it be cool if they made a Victini, Reshirham, Zekrom or Kyurem with the card?

aclover

VICTORiOUS
^
nooooo... Golurk. It. Would.be.a Beast.

aclover

VICTORiOUS
It's Unova only Pokémon from what we know :L
US will get the 3DS shop on the 6th June, while The UK(possibly EU) will get it on the morining of 7th June.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Impressions of Pokédex 3D from various news outlets such as GameXplain have started to come out and have elaborated a bit more into the Augmented Reality part of the game. In this bit, you use a special card, apparently different to the standard Augmented Reality cards shipped with the system, to bring the Pokémon into the real life setting. The Pokémon tend to stay stationary but activate attacks if you press the A button to throw an apple at them. You can also overlay various in-built backgrounds for the photographs. We'll bring more as it comes

http://www.gamexplain.com/article-443-1307034439-pokedex-3d-hands-on.html

Bit worrying that you NEED these AR markers for it...

pokegirlforever

<-- Too cute for ya!
Great. Thanks nintendo. I'm determened to get everything pokemon related over the DS series so what do they do? Put out this. I better get saving for a 3DS as I really want this...

Jigglypuff5000

I'm a trifle annoyed that us in Europe have to wait a day [i.e. not be part of the E3 right-now-factor celebrations] for the eShop and this, but at least the 3DS QR codes are shareable and will allow a great number of us to get that specific pokemon entry [unlike these AR 'markers'].

BCVM22

Great. Thanks nintendo. I'm determened to get everything pokemon related over the DS series so what do they do?

Certainly you were aware that Pokémon of some sort on Nintendo's newest handheld pillar was the very definition of inevitable, no?

I'm a trifle annoyed that us in Europe have to wait a day.

Given the time difference - London, for example, is a full 8 hours ahead of North American Pacific time, where NoA's offices are located - the "difference" likely won't be more than six hours or so at most.

Jigglypuff5000

Given the time difference - London, for example, is a full 8 hours ahead of North American Pacific time, where NoA's offices are located - the "difference" likely won't be more than six hours or so at most.

I hope so man! As I'll be watching Nintendo's E3 conference around 5pm [UK time], so it would be nice to be able to near-enough have that 'right now' same day factor along with the Americas on the 3DS update front.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Well, I would like to get the game. But I don't have a 3DS so that's not going to b an option. Hopefully it will be cheaper within a couple of years and i'll be able to get one then. I wonder, does this game offer any special downloads or special pokemon for B/W? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Sasukat

Back from the dead
My main question about this game, can you use 2 of the cards and make 2 pokemon be on screen at once? I am assuming no tbh but it would be really cool if it was yes

Bit worrying that you NEED these AR markers for it...

Whats worrying? Isn't that how ALL the AR works? Just theorizing here: But wouldn't the 3DS be using the card to get a gauge on the perspective/surface? Otherwise, it wouldn't know where to place the character/object/whatever.

That said...how long do you guys think it will be before we get AR pokemon battles? :D Oh man. This could be the precursor to the yu-gi-oh holigraphic card battles! :p
Okay, well, maybe not. But still, the AR stuff is looking real interesting to me, in terms of where it could go.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I know it's little more than a fancy pokedex you fill without having the rest of the game, but it looks like it'd be fun to play with, and it's FREE... since when is pokemon anything free? That alone make me quite happy.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I'm a trifle annoyed that us in Europe have to wait a day [i.e. not be part of the E3 right-now-factor celebrations] for the eShop and this, but at least the 3DS QR codes are shareable and will allow a great number of us to get that specific pokemon entry [unlike these AR 'markers'].
Actually, we don't. We will get it the same minute. It's just that it'll be 18:00 in west coast US but 2am for us

the black lugia

FEAR ME NOW
nice i can't wait to get this on the 3ds when i get one do we know if you can see meloetta,keldeo and genosect

freekhenstra

Water Pokémon lover
Unless Pikachu manages to somehow get a small cameo, will this be the first Pokémon game without Pikachu?

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
is it free?