1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Pokédex 3D Discussion Thread & Image Gallery

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by aclover, Jun 1, 2011.

?

Will You Download this 'Game'?

1. Yes, Definitely!

240 vote(s)
    84.2%
  2. Maybe, Depends what else is revealed.

25 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. No, I'm not really interested...

10 vote(s)
    3.5%
  4. No Way. It's a stupid idea.

10 vote(s)
    3.5%
  1. Mister_SGG

Mister_SGG Well-Known Member

Epic... I hope you can be Zero-Suit Samus.

2. PikachuTrAiNeR

PikachuTrAiNeR New Member

That's not an official screenshot. :p
    It's from Pokédex 3D.

3. arceusvictini

arceusvictini Taking over Serebii

Clueless. Anyway, I've gotten Panpour and Lillpup so far today.

4. Kinarki

Kinarki New Member

You honestly think they don't want sites like Serebii to burn through the game and show features to reach readers that their marketing has failed to contact? Of course they do.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  5. auryn

auryn Eevee Breeder

I've had problems with this as well. Sometimes I have to open the Pokedex, close it, then open it again to receive each Pokemon. It's a little tedious, but it works.

6. Mister_SGG

Mister_SGG Well-Known Member

*Facepalm*

God dammit.

7. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Again, no, that's not how "marketing" works at all. Particularly not on a game that's as simple as it gets, like this.

And pursuant to the original point, again, no, they don't design a time-release game like this with the intention of encouraging gamers to screw with their system clock.

8. lucario beast

lucario beast Well-Known Member

today i got torndadus darmanitan zen mode and heatmor

9. kris198921

kris198921 Well-Known Member

in the last 2 days i got deino, garbodor, cofigarus, boufalant, blue stripe basculin, and duosion

10. Icay4321

Icay4321 Well-Known Member

I got Mienshao, Tynamo, and Gurdurr today. If I get Conkeldurr tomorrow, it'll mark my first non-Starter Evolution Line completed that consists of three members. Tynamo may be my favorite from today. It's got cool bubbles, and electricity looks cool in 3D as usual. Still have to get their Stickers, making for a total of 80, so I have 40 Pokémon registered! Hope everyone's having fun with their Dex and I can't wait for them to release more details about Super Smash Bros. 3DS!!!

11. I bet Serebii is eager for more Pokémon to be released so he can take a picture with Celebi.

12. Icay4321

I wish I could like posts.

Anybody know some fun things to take pics of for backgrounds. On a related note, Serebii, are you going to make a thread for Pokédex pics?

13. Asrialys

Asrialys Well-Known Member

I want Chandelure!

[​IMG]

Although, if I can get a nice night setting, Lampent would fit nicely.

Seems like this thread has been renamed to include an image gallery.

By the way, here's my setup, so to speak. I wish photos taken with games used the same dimensions as those taken with the Camera application.

[​IMG]

A 13" x 13" black square and 10 2.5" x 2.5" white squares. And the magic that holds them together - magnets! Regular fridge magnets :p However, due to the laws of physics, the magnets don't stack perfectly, so the white squares don't line up absolutely perfectly, but it isn't bad enough where the AR Viewer won't recognize the AR Marker. I still need a white background, but I have an idea for that. I want to attach it to the back of my large AR Card :p

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  14. Icay4321

On my 3DS waiting for my newbies, and I'm gonna look for some pictures to use as a background!

15. arceusvictini

arceusvictini Taking over Serebii

Me too......... Galvantula is cool! Has anyone noticed that? Also that Zekrom/Reshiram/Victini have 2 different animations?

16. Ryu Serpentne

Ryu Serpentne Member

I plan to get a bunch of pics for backgrounds tonight. I live in an old farmhouse out in the woods, so I have some great places for ghost pokemon.

17. Asrialys

Asrialys Well-Known Member

Interesting to note about the graphics is that the AR Viewer is aware when there are more than one Pokemon on-screen. Elgyem has some of Ferrothorn's shadow on it. Of course, there's no collision programmed into it, so Ferrothorn does sort of go through Elgyem during its animation.

Anyway, I miss Stargate Universe and the Stargate franchise...

[​IMG]

This does seem to work well. However, there seems to be something that may prevent it from working. Perhaps something deep in the photo metadata. Anything I edited in Adobe Fireworks would not show up. The manual did mention that manipulating images on a computer may cause it to not show in the album. However, images I edited in Microsoft Office Picture Manager worked fine. I think that as long as nothing shows under the "Program name" field in the images Properties, then it should show up on the 3DS. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be absolute. I have two images with nothing in the "Program name" field that would not show up in the album. These two images were downloaded elsewhere from the Internet (doubt that's the reason though). For one of those images, I made three versions and only two showed up (these two were resized in Microsoft Office Picture Manager).

If you can't get the image to show up on the 3DS, the easiest workaround I can think of on a computer is uploading the image somewhere where the image metadata will be stripped (like Facebook) and then saving it back onto your computer and putting it into the 3DS SD card. Photobucket won't work because it saves image metadata. Haven't tried any other service.

Another way is to upload the image anywhere you can get to easily in the 3DS browser and saving it from the 3DS browser. If you don't know how to save images from the 3DS browser, just press down on the image on the touchscreen until a prompt pops up about saving the image.

In short, be careful about what programs you use when editing photos on your computer before putting them on your 3DS. Now, just to figure out why those two images wouldn't show up...

By the way, the Pokedex 3D will only allow images that are 400x240, 240x400, 640x480, and 480x640. to be used as backgrounds. However, it seems that any photo taken within any game will come out as 400x240. So it's best to resize any potential backgrounds to 400x240 or 240x400. Also, any photo without a date will likely show up on 1/1/1900. Just to let you know in case you think it didn't show up in the album.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  18. kris198921

kris198921 Well-Known Member

got sawk, volcarona, and golurk

19. Icay4321

I got Woobat, Sawk, and Durant today (in reverse order). Sawk's got a decent animation, though the others are rather forgettable. Planning on making/taking some fun photos tomorrow when I get a chance.

20. ceo ohmnis

ceo ohmnis Psychic trainer

You could just close the 3DS lid and open it again. Always works for me.

Edit: Does anyone know why this AR Marker produces random Pokemon each time it's scanned?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011