• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokédex 3D Discussion Thread & Image Gallery

Will You Download this 'Game'?

• Yes, Definitely!

Votes: 240 84.2%
  • Maybe, Depends what else is revealed.

Votes: 25 8.8%
  • No, I'm not really interested...

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • No Way. It's a stupid idea.

Votes: 10 3.5%

• Total voters

EllyWhite

First, you have to scan some AR Markers. Then you change the date one day forward. Next you boot up P3D and wait (or press the home button, then go back to the game), and in the upper-right corner of the bottom screen, you'll see a notification that you have new pokemon data. Accept the data, and you'll get the pokemon. If you're scanning three at a time, you'll wind up with the three pokemon you scanned in.

Lather, rinse, repeat. But be warned, there's a possibility that by messing with the clock too much, that you won't be able to do it infinite times. I did it and after a point I couldn't get the last 10-15 or so. I'm still missing the Fire and Grass monkey lines, female Unfezant, female Frillish line, and the Spring/Fall/Winter Deerling line. Someone else who posted about that is also missing a similar list of pokemon.

Either that, or SpotPass will fill in the missing data later on

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
How many stickers do you need before you unlock the option mentioned in the instruction booklet that allows you to enlarge the Pokemon when taking pictures?

I know there's somehow you get that since one pic during the E3 Conference showed a dude hanging out with Gigalith...

I'm still missing the Fire and Grass monkey lines, female Unfezant, female Frillish line, and the Spring/Fall/Winter Deerling line. Someone else who posted about that is also missing a similar list of pokemon.
I've heard speculation you'll need to trade with friends.

Last edited:

Vast

Snivy is Epic too!
Is it possible to get Reshiram or Zekrom yet/ I know the muskateer trio are considering I have Terrakion.

ManhattanTheStarr

If I even have wi-fi by the time I get a 3DS, then sure, I'll download it. Doesn't seem all that amazing though... I mean, how do you even get more Pokemon? o_O

pikachu500

Elite Champion
If I even have wi-fi by the time I get a 3DS, then sure, I'll download it. Doesn't seem all that amazing though... I mean, how do you even get more Pokemon? o_O
Are you sure it not that amazing?
snapshot-2.png

snapshot-1.png

Asrialys

Emboar3DS_AR.jpg

Haha! Got a large Emboar in my house! Not sure how tall it is, as I was standing on top of a chair (3DS approximately seven feet above the ground).

You don't need to print everything out and waste ink. I just cut out a large black square area, cut out 10 white squares from 3x5 cards, then used something for a white border to place the black area under. I arranged the white squares to form any marker I want. Just make sure that there isn't too much blackspace or it won't be read, apparently. After some testing on an art program, it seems that the AR Marker must be no less than 25% smaller than the black background. Yes to 300x300-pixel Marker over a 600x600 background and no to a 290x290 Marker over a 600x600 background. Finally, make sure the lighting is adequate.

Of course, doing something like this may prevent you from putting multiple Pokemon on a screen. I'd probably just print out the ones I care about.

Last edited:

rocky505

out of all non legendary pokemon pawniard and bisharp have the best animation. and kyurem only has one animation

Dattebayo

Banned
This is gonna be more like the Pokedex from the Pokemon Stadium games, which I approave. BTW, does it only download new Pokemon if you have data of it in your B&W copy?

Alpha Arceus

Ultimate Pwnage
Virizion AR marker

virizion ar marker

Dattebayo

Banned
I have trouble finding an e-shop on my 3DS, is there something I need to do before I could download Pokedex 3D?

MetaWolf

"Lullaby for You."
I have trouble finding an e-shop on my 3DS, is there something I need to do before I could download Pokedex 3D?

Updating the 3DS system automatically installs the eShop and the internet browser. After you update the system, you simply go onto the eShop and the PokeDex 3D isn't hard to miss.

You must be connected to the internet to download the 3DS update.

Dattebayo

Banned
Updating the 3DS system automatically installs the eShop and the internet browser. After you update the system, you simply go onto the eShop and the PokeDex 3D isn't hard to miss.

You must be connected to the internet to download the 3DS update.

I did that, but it says it'll update later. I don't know what's wrong. My internet browse is connected yet nothing's happeing.

Asrialys

Really having fun playing with the AR Viewer. Great graphics and animations.

Here are some photos I took just a while ago.

By the way, when doing this on a vertical AR Marker (like on a computer screen), a Marker turned 90 degrees clockwise has the Pokemon face left; an upside-down Marker has the Pokemon with its back to you; and a Marker turned 90 degrees counterclockwise has the Pokemon facing right.

Last edited: