• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness and Pokémon Colosseum Glitch Discussion

Gliese

Banned
The Official Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness and Pokemon Colosseum Glitch Discussion

Well this will be stickied soon bye TRjessie(said so in PM)

This is where you ask qeustions about glitches and explain glitches that happened to you.

Yesterday I was playing my XD.And my Crobat was hit with sleep spore.So I healed it with a chresto berry.It said it woke up and it could do attacks but the Z's for indicating the sleeping were still coming out of his head.It stopped when i won the battle though.

Finally! A Colosseum/XD glitch discussion thread!

Anyway, I saw quite a few glitches in Colosseum:

1. On one of the break rooms on Mt. Battle(I think the one after Area 6), the PC doesn't do the normal animation. It does like the first second or two of the normal PC animation and then it stops and does that again. The PC works like normal, it just does that wierd thing.

2. When I access a PC in the Pyrite Colosseum or the Under Colosseum with Rui(the sidekick) right behind me, then get off of the PC, she is further away and then runs to the spot she was in when I first accessed the PC.

3. Not sure if this is a true glitch, but Charizard flys through the ground when using Fly.

I've seen a bunch more, but I just need to remember them right now.

Last edited:

Gliese

Banned
glitch about charzard i noticed too i was like WTH O_O

Edit:EARTh TRAINER WOOT

In colo, when any poke uses fly, the turn its in the air, it appears to be standing on the ground in midair! then it quickly changes to flying and swoops. i thought it was a bit weird

For some strange reason, a Swampert used Hydro Pump-but the weird thing is-the text said Fire Blast. It went against my Grass-type and it was super-effective!! I have no idea how this happened.

M

Mystical

I saw a wild surskit and i uised tackle and it said it doesnt effect surskit then i use bite on it and it was super Effective o.o

Pikamiki

PokeTrainer Miki
has anyone ever noticed huntails passing through their trainer's left leg when they get hit? i really laughed when i saw it!

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
In Colloseum, when you attack almost any Pokemon and it's the only one on the opponent's side of the field, it goes through the trainer. I haven't noticed if it's still there in XD or not.

I think the "pokemon passing through trainer" thing was removed in XD. There are only particular pokemon that pass through their trainer when knocked back(Noctowl, Huntail, Houndoom, and a few others that are sent back a few feet when hit), and I think they might be positioned so that they won't in XD.

Another glitch in Colo that I'm surprised no one mentioned yet: The Master Ball glitch.

Mudskipper

The Earthquaker
Electrode also goes through its Trainer.

pharaohguy530

The one and only.
Sometimes, in XD, when you save standing ontop of the purify chamber sometimes, instead of the HQ lab music starting out, the purify chamber "leaving the chamber noise" happens.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
XD was altered so that the position of the trainer changes when they only have one Pokémon out. They also fixed another problem Colosseum had: if all Pokémon in Colosseum that were (approx.) under six feet tall were out, the Pokémon and trainers would all be much closer to each other. This would lead to weirdness especially versus Cipher Head Evice---beat all his Pokémon except Salamence then have two short Pokémon of your own out. Eventually you'll see Salamence's tail go right through Evice's body.

The Great Butler said:
XD was altered so that the position of the trainer changes when they only have one Pokémon out. They also fixed another problem Colosseum had: if all Pokémon in Colosseum that were (approx.) under six feet tall were out, the Pokémon and trainers would all be much closer to each other. This would lead to weirdness especially versus Cipher Head Evice---beat all his Pokémon except Salamence then have two short Pokémon of your own out. Eventually you'll see Salamence's tail go right through Evice's body.

Hey, I've noticed that too! Anyways, the Pokémon going through trainer happens when you use a repeated move like Fury Swipes.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
burrut13 said:
what is the masterball trick?

In Colosseum, with your first Pokémon, go into items, select Master Ball and choose a target. With your second go into items and MOVE the Master Ball from its position to a new one, then back out and use an attack.

The Master Ball will be used, but NOT used up--you'll still have it in your inventory. It's unlimited if you keep doing the trick.

The Great Butler said:
In Colosseum, with your first Pokémon, go into items, select Master Ball and choose a target. With your second go into items and MOVE the Master Ball from its position to a new one, then back out and use an attack.

The Master Ball will be used, but NOT used up--you'll still have it in your inventory. It's unlimited if you keep doing the trick.
Its worth mentioning it works for all the balls, so you do only need to buy one of each, and your set for the game

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~

The epitome of grace
The Great Butler said:

Adding to what Butler said, this only works in the REGULAR Colosseum version. It won't work in the "Player's choice" edition and XD.