• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness and Pokémon Colosseum Glitch Discussion

I´m not sure if this have been mentioned yet since I didn´t crawl thru all posts here. I was playing Colo and hit torkoal with psychic and when the attack hit I saw a graphic glictch. When the hit effect shrinks away there is a strange box that shrinks with the effect. Suppose it has something to do how those effects are done...

Pokemom

TCG Gym Leader, Ret.
hope this is in the right spot....the official word from NOA is only 1 Ho-Oh per game but I've seen a few who claim to have gotten multiples.

Are they BS'ing, is it a glitch, or is NOA wrong?

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
When I was fighting Weeg, I used the Master Ball trick on his Togetic, which was his last Pokemon. I caught it, but the battle didn't end, and the game still wanted me to attack. I attacked, and a message said something like "Togetic has fainted" and then the battle ended.

It was very weird.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Isn't it possible to get Bonsly using Gameshark codes? I've seen the code before, so I was just wondering.
And could this Bonsly be traded to the GBA games, then transferred to DPPt?

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
There's no way via using a glitch that will allow you to catch Bonsly. And that's the case with Munchlax too. Their data is not in the games (as in moves, stats, etc.), so you cannot catch them. You just SEE them.

Alex Steiner

Collector
I don't know if this has been mentioned...but when a Pokemon evolves after purifying, the animation makes it black, its shape shrinks, then a flash of the full colour version appears before the evolution scales back up to size in its place. I haven't seen this in other evolutions (outside Relic Forest).

RedMoogleXIII

Team Rocket Trainer
I had a glitch hit when fighting Mirror B. in the Pryite Caves.
my shadow Flaffy static paralized one of his Ludicos and then 'Ludico's Rain Dish parlized Flaffy'.

Yep Flaffy for paralized by Rain Dish

Nebbio

NINJA!
I noticed that when facing one of the Under Colleseem bosses (can't remeber which one)
if you use Typhlosions Brick Break on Houndoom he goes through the trainers legs.

Sunnle

What I remember from my first plays.
The ones I came across:

XD: Gale of Darkness
1. On the Battle CDs when I played them in battle the ones that let you use Eevee and it's evolutions it said obtained from your dad not met in a distant land.

2.When I use Charazard in fly went throw ground and standing in midair I think.

Colosseum
1. Some pokemon going through trainers when attacked.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
In Colosseum, with your first Pokémon, go into items, select Master Ball and choose a target. With your second go into items and MOVE the Master Ball from its position to a new one, then back out and use an attack.

The Master Ball will be used, but NOT used up--you'll still have it in your inventory. It's unlimited if you keep doing the trick.

this still bugs me. is this XD useable?

Rannoyin

sing your story
this still bugs me. is this XD useable?

Nope, they removed the glitch in the Player's Choice version of Colosseum, so the company probably heard of it pretty quickly. Meaning it was corrected and unavailable in XD.

Tyranitarphantom

seems so familiar...
A somewhat odd "glitch" I found in my most recent playthrough of XD.

Right after defeating Lovrina at the Cipher Lab, I rushed and went ahead and fought Miror B. at the Cave Spot. I had forgotten to heal, so I only managed to knock out one of his Lombre before dying. Unlike most bosses, he just ran off afterwards saying "Haha I win!" Problem is, Voltorb didn't appear in battle. Since then, I encountered him once (I critted the shadow Pineco in Phenac), and I battled him in Pyrite Colosseum. He had the Pineco, but no sign of shadow Voltorb (annoyingly, he had a normal one). I also encountered him at Outskirt Stand like normal, and again to snag the Nosepass. But still no Voltorb. I hoped that picking up the list after beating Gorigan would solve this. Voltorb shows up on the list, but the Miror Radar refuses to find him. I'm all the way before fighting Ardos on Citadark now, and if I can't find Voltorb, I won't be able to get Dragonite either, thus I can't complete the game (which would really bug me). Any idea how to resolve this?

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
In XD my Kirlia was frozen.

I used an aspear berry on it, and while it was cured it retained the 'frozen' effect.

It attacked and got hit without moving.

One might say it was 'cool'.

Luckster

LET THE MUSIC PLAY!~
I don't know if this is a Glitch or a Fail on my part...

The Miror B. Radar went off and I saw he was at the Rock Poke'Spot, so, of course, I head out to the Poke'Spot.

He's nowhere to be seen...but Trudly and Folly are there, standing like they would if Miror B. was currently in a Colosseum challenge.

Trudly: Who? Our boss, Miror B.? He's not here yet. The boss goes off on his own to do his own thing without us. And so, we end up sitting around waiting with sweet nothing to do.

Folly: What do you think you're doing here? If our boss comes along, there're going to be consequences, right? So you move right along and get lost.

I run around for a while, waiting for Miror B. to show up, and eventually the signal is lost. If I go back to the map, then the Poke'Spot, Trudly and Folly are gone, and there's no alert stating the signal has faded, yet the Radar claims there is no signal anymore.

I don't know if this is a glitch or if I'm doing something wrong. Out of all my Miror B. encounters, this one's a first.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
a few weird things happened to me in colosseum and XD

1.swampert used ice punch and the screen followed his punch until he made contact with his opponent, like in PBR.

2.the miror radar says he at the rock poke spot. i go, and he's not there at all. i go to cave poke spot to take some of the food, and miror b. was there, somehow.

Luckster

LET THE MUSIC PLAY!~
2.the miror radar says he at the rock poke spot. i go, and he's not there at all. i go to cave poke spot to take some of the food, and miror b. was there, somehow.
DAMN! I shoulda tried that! If I ever come across the glitch again, I'll have to do that...

Nice to know I'm not the only one who ran into the Miror B. Radar glitch.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
maybe, but trudly and folly weren't there when this happened to me.

just today i've encountered two problems.
1. i have the players choice edition of colosseum, but i can use the masterball glitch.
2. the main one: i'm battling roller boy lon in pyrite, and his final pokemon used perish song. what this caused was:
"Typhlosion used Flame Wheel!
Altaria was burned!
Altaria is hurt by its burn!
Altaria fainted!
Typhlosion and Umbreon gain X exp!
Typhlosion's perish count fell to 1!
Typhlosion and Umbreon gained X exp!(wait, what?!)
Umbreon's perish count fell to 1!
Typhlosion and Umbreon gained X exp!(again?! o.0)
Player defeated Roller Boy Lon!"
how this happened, i'll never know, but, boy, was it cool!

anguiano1

I have been resetting for 3 days now cause I want a shiny morning sun scyther.
So can someone confirm if they can be because bulbapedia says colosseum could have them so I figure XD will too.

SoulFang

Wolf Lover
pokemon xd glitch

i found a wierd glitch in pokemon xd where at mt.battle after every battle my pokemon were fully healed. i restarted my file and the glitch doesnt happen any more. =(

XD0012

Shadow Lugia
Yesterday I was playing my XD.And my Crobat was hit with sleep spore.So I healed it with a chresto berry.It said it woke up and it could do attacks but the Z's for indicating the sleeping were still coming out of his head.It stopped when i won the battle though.

That ALWAYS happens when you use chesto berries.

@Soulfang It isn't a glitch. The game is supposed to do it so I don't know why it stopped.