• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Poor Eusine lol. They're gonna have to revive him.
"That just raises further questions!"-Eusine, probably

When do you think we might get the next change in the type chart? Not necessarily a new one, but something like giving Ice types another resistance

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
Sableye! I love its little Rhinestone Eyes, it's Purple and so CUUUUTE!

I've had mine, Hops, since Emeral version. She carried me through that game. I always port her in, but now I can't so I caught one into Violet as early as humanly possible (there's a little cave with them, Bagon, and Gible in it right below the Open Sky Titan's lair. That's where I got Hops this time. Always female, always Keen Eye. I could care less about anything else. She shredded through Brawly and made Tate and Liza look like a joke).

Later, I got her in Soul Silver. Little makes me happier than seeing her follow behind me (man, HGSS were great games).

Man oh man, she has pulled my backside out of the fire since 3rd gen.

My dad died on Christmas Eve after a year-long battle with small-cell lung carcinoma, and I've been unable to sleep without my Sableye plush now, so she helps me there, too.

squishyditto

The official Pokemon Discussion Thread V.1!

Approved by Profesco; Credit goes to me and Profesco

This thread is to discuss any particular aspects of specific Pokemon, along with your opinions on them!

You can mention anything you want about the specific Pokemon, but you must put some effort into your post. For example, telling a story about your experience with using Machamp (just an example) in competitive battling over Wi-Fi is fine, but it’s best if you describe your overall opinions about Machamp as well.

What’s not fine is making a simple post saying: "I love Machamp!!!!! yeah ;068;;068;"

I'll start this off by bringing up Scizor.

Scizor has been one of my favorite Pokemon ever since I got it in my Gold version. I even remember watching the episode where Ash battles some guy with the "perfect" Scizor with his own Scizor and actually wins. I found it to be such a cool Pokemon because of the way it evolved and looks, and even now I use it in my Emerald and SS Battle Frontier teams. Its attack and defense is great, but its HP and Speed hinders it a little. It learns great moves in the fourth gen. though, such as X-Scissor, Iron Head and Swords Dance.

Your turn!
Sure, I think Scizor is cool and all, like "popular Pokemon woohoo!" but there are definitely flaws with the Kleavor evolution in other, newer games.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I don't know if anyone here watches Rupaul's Drag Race, but I think it's so cool that we now have another queen named after a pokemon.

The first was Jiggly Caliente, named after Jigglypuff. Now, we have Nymphia Wind, named after Sylveon. I'm hoping for a third in the next season!

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
My ideal wants for Pokemon Presents this year and Pokemon for the next couple years would be:

Pokemon Presents 2024
-Focused on all current mobile games (Masters, Unite, Cafe Remix, Sleep and GO)
-SV updates (raids, mass outbreaks and mythical Pokemon events (rumour are pointing to at least one more mythical remains))
-New Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game that includes Pokemon gens 7-9
-Teaser trailers for gen 5 projects next year

Pokemon Presents 2025
-Quick run through on current mobile games (Masters. Unite, Cafe Remix, Sleep and GO)
-Legends game set in Unova, new Unovan forms, evolutions and convergent Pokemon alike. Spring/Early Summer release.
-Dual Black and Dual White which would be visually updated versions of the Let's Go games but mechanically being updated traditional Pokemon games. They would have both the plots of BW and BW2 in them and possibly a new epilogue chapter. Winter release.

Pokemon Presents 2026
-Quick run through on current mobile games (Masters. Unite, Cafe Remix, Sleep and GO)
-Gen 10 is announced for winter release

RedJirachi

Veteran member
"That just raises further questions!"-Eusine, probably

When do you think we might get the next change in the type chart? Not necessarily a new one, but something like giving Ice types another resistance
I feel that they could at least give it a Grass type resistance. I mean, they can just use the same logic on why Grass types are weak to Ice, and with Water being the most common combination with Ice it'd be a really helpful resistance for the type